Sign in to follow this  
Fergie

Re: John Kennedy signs for us - report

Good signing. We need another CB and Kennedy has shown at Celtic that he is good. I haven''t seen much of him since his injury, but apparently (according to people on other forums - maybe reliable, maybe not) he has done well since his injury.

Im going to do something really silly and say *Im waiting untill its confirmed at least on the Pinkun*

Now, watch as the official story appears and makes me look like an idiot!

(Good signing though [:D] )

Player profile can be found here...

http://www.celticfc.net/home/players/playerInfo/jKennedy.aspx

Interesting he was the youngest person ever to play for Celtic until a certain Mark Fotheringham came along. Wonder if he had any influence over Kennedy''s decision to join us (assuming he does)

Looking at the videos on his Celtic profile, he looks like a classy player.

And I think it likely he has a good amount of pace... more than Delias Dejan anyway!

Eurgh sorry, are you Murray in disguise? Funny how everyone said how good he was before he came. We need a reliable CB and he doesn''t fit the bill. I''d love to be proved wrong.

This will no doubt be announced in the morning then.....

a keeper was rumoured to be joining tommorrow to, that hungarian guy....!! if these go through......

so we will have a month to go all out on the search for our 20 goal man.......  may i point out that we have not spent the money that we have bid on strikers in the last year.... whats the odds on roeder swooping for ameobi for say 2million before august 31st????

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Eurgh sorry, are you Murray in disguise? Funny how everyone said how good he was before he came. We need a reliable CB and he doesn''t fit the bill. I''d love to be proved wrong.[/quote]

shut up

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Eurgh sorry, are you Murray in disguise? Funny how everyone said how good he was before he came. We need a reliable CB and he doesn''t fit the bill. I''d love to be proved wrong.[/quote]

shut up

[/quote]

You shut up you prick I can have an opinion if I want. Grow up.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

shut up

[/quote]

[/quote]

and ur telling me to grow up..... basically, everyone slags players before they have even pulled on a city shirt......

murray was a grant signing.... how many of those came off???!

its a loan till jan.... so if he is shit we can send him back...... i trust roeder, maybe u should too!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[/quote]

Of course you can, but a) is there really any need to call him a prick and b) your opinion does always/usually seem to be rather pessimistic, if I may be so bold as to say so!!

Well hopefully this will be unveiled tomorrow then, now for the GK and maybe just maybe a perm striker and another loan. Good work Glenn, keep it up!

Norwich City , we will blood your youngsters and bring your crocks back to fitness as long as it stops us having to make a permanent signing and spending some real money .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]

[/quote]

Of course you can, but a) is there really any need to call him a prick and b) your opinion does always/usually seem to be rather pessimistic, if I may be so bold as to say so!!

[/quote]

Agreed!!!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Norwich City , we will blood your youngsters and bring your crocks back to fitness as long as it stops us having to make a permanent signing and spending some real money .
[/quote]

That is no different to any other Champs side, then.  Look at the sides who have been promoted in the last 2-3 seasons (egs Derby, Sunderland; WBA, Stoke), look at how many loans they had, and then tell me why we are doing anything different and why it is a bad idea...

...just to carry on a bit, loans are not ideal but are a fact of life now.  The whole point surely, is that if they come off and you get promoted, you are in the box seat to sign them.  If they don''t come off, you have not committed yourself (financially or in playing terms) to keeping them any longer than you have to.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Norwich City , we will blood your youngsters and bring your crocks back to fitness as long as it stops us having to make a permanent signing and spending some real money .
[/quote]

That is no different to any other Champs side, then.  Look at the sides who have been promoted in the last 2-3 seasons (egs Derby, Sunderland; WBA, Stoke), look at how many loans they had, and then tell me why we are doing anything different and why it is a bad idea...

[/quote]

Its because these people came on board during the promotion season, and now they expect huckerbys to sign every week...... fools.... open ur eyes!! plus i bet a full time signing is going to come, on which we will spend this cash!!

[quote user="Yella_Forever"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Yella_Forever"]

shut up

[/quote]

[/quote]

and ur telling me to grow up..... basically, everyone slags players before they have even pulled on a city shirt......

murray was a grant signing.... how many of those came off???!

its a loan till jan.... so if he is shit we can send him back...... i trust roeder, maybe u should too!!

[/quote]

Sorry Yella I''m just winding you up. [A]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...just to carry on a bit, loans are not ideal but are a fact of life now.  The whole point surely, is that if they come off and you get promoted, you are in the box seat to sign them.  If they don''t come off, you have not committed yourself (financially or in playing terms) to keeping them any longer than you have to.[/quote]

Totally agree BP with both your posts.

The loan system is integral to Championship success. Show me a club that has been promoted without loaning someone. You can''t because there isn''t one.

Arguing that we should ignore loans to bring in permenant signings shows an exceptionally naieve view of football. You need to manipulate both to bring success - something I think we''re doing well this close season so far.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...just to carry on a bit, loans are not ideal but are a fact of life now.  The whole point surely, is that if they come off and you get promoted, you are in the box seat to sign them.  If they don''t come off, you have not committed yourself (financially or in playing terms) to keeping them any longer than you have to.[/quote]

Totally agree BP with both your posts.

The loan system is integral to Championship success. Show me a club that has been promoted without loaning someone. You can''t because there isn''t one.

Arguing that we should ignore loans to bring in permenant signings shows an exceptionally naieve view of football. You need to manipulate both to bring success - something I think we''re doing well this close season so far.

[/quote]

Birmingham would be a good example of that.

according to wikipedia -he is 6''2 which gives us some added, and much needed height!Classy player, injury prone, bit of a gamble i reckon but if he stays fit, he should be a decent addition to the squad.

At least now we have Stefanovic, Kennedy, Shackell and Doherty. And if Kennedy gets injured then "Elliott" can play CB I believe, freeing up the RB position for Otsemobor.

Yeah exactly Mr. Bump, cover in all positions, which is great. I have got to say Roeder is slowly putting together a team which should do well, not necessarily promotion, but I''m quietly confident we wont be struggling down the bottom again!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yeah exactly Mr. Bump, cover in all positions, which is great. I have got to say Roeder is slowly putting together a team which should do well, not necessarily promotion, but I''m quietly confident we wont be struggling down the bottom again![/quote]

If we can bolt on a 20 goal man i think playoff are easily possible!!!

Does anyone have an official source on this, cos I ain''t gonna get too excited until we do.  Sorry guys, just trying to keep it real...If true though, its a good piece of business for a player highly rated before a serious injury inflicted cruelly.  Who cares if we''re the ones getting him fit for his club, if he does a job and helps us push on then great!

Have to say that calling Kennedy injury prone is rather unfair because until his career was almost ended by an assault in his international debut he was always perfectly fit! Indeed at one time it was thought that he would never play again but he showed grreat character to fight back until he was injured in a champions league match. I think that his recent injuries are more down to weaknesses that a long lay off entails and that now that he is fully fit, albeit lacking much match practice, he should be an asset to the club and hopefully he can streer clear of any injuries!

Should be good, won be officlail till tomorow will it, so we will have to wait and see...........................

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree Branston, even Prem teams get loan players in, even with all their money.

The difference being take away our loan players and there is nothing there , you need a good squad of your own then add 3 or 4 loans not build a squad made up of loans.