Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Maverick Marshall 2 fingers up to the law & law abiding Norwich citizens.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

I thought I''d go for a tabloid sensationalist headline. He''s been fined for lack of TV licence.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NewsSplash&itemid=NOED22%20Jul%202008%2008%3A07%3A53%3A160

Naughty boy.

[/quote]

Thats disgusting. He should never wear the Norwich Shirt again.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

I thought I''d go for a tabloid sensationalist headline. He''s been fined for lack of TV licence.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NewsSplash&itemid=NOED22%20Jul%202008%2008%3A07%3A53%3A160

Naughty boy.

[/quote]

I like the "Do you have a crime story for the Evening News? Call Lucy Bolton on 01603 772429 or email lucy.bolton@archant.co.uk"

bit at the bottom.    Perhaps he ought to be on Crimewatch1

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]We should give him a bad reception[/quote]

Groans [co]

[/quote]

Sorry[:$]

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Groans [co]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need to apologise, I, for one, liked what you did there.

[quote user="jbghost"]Hopefully this will be a "remote" incident and he can now "channel" all his thoughts towards the new season.[/quote]

Good one[;)]

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]who really cares? hardly anybody i knew at uni had 1[/quote]

not really picking up the same sort of wage packet really are they?

The young tax dodgers probaly get 12 quid  a week, he gets 12000k or something stupid. But we all have to pay for it, even tax dodgers. Saying that, scrap the fee. Waste of money.

How dare you sir! £120 for the BBC is the best value going. Gawd bless ''em!

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Groans [co]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t apologise.....that was sheer quality......[:D]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]The young tax dodgers probaly get 12 quid  a week, he gets 12000k or something stupid. But we all have to pay for it, even tax dodgers. Saying that, scrap the fee. Waste of money.[/quote]

12000k - blimey! That''s like £12 million a week. I think that solves the ''where has all the money gone'' debate.

[quote]“We have a sophisticated database of more than 29m addresses across the UK so we can see at the touch of a button whether properties are unlicensed.[/quote]

B***ocks!

I have a TV liscence, full and in date, registered to my address and they still knocked on the door...

when my GF presented them with the Liscence they were adament it was not valid.. it turns out they had cocked up in the office by "pressing the wrong button"

the smug Twat didnt apologise to my girlfriend for the error caused by the organisation, nor did he apologise for pushing against the door atfer knocking on it whilst my Gf was opening it and holding my little girl (then only 6 months old) in her arms...

if i had been there i''d of told him not to return to the property under ANY circumstances, and given him a pen and peice of paper to write and hand sign a letter of apology.. if he handt of done it id of made a complaint.. if he had of done it id of ripped it up in his face, told him to sod off, and still made a complaint.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote]“We have a sophisticated database of more than 29m addresses across the UK so we can see at the touch of a button whether properties are unlicensed.[/quote]

B***ocks!

I have a TV liscence, full and in date, registered to my address and they still knocked on the door...

when my GF presented them with the Liscence they were adament it was not valid.. it turns out they had cocked up in the office by "pressing the wrong button"

the smug Twat didnt apologise to my girlfriend for the error caused by the organisation, nor did he apologise for pushing against the door atfer knocking on it whilst my Gf was opening it and holding my little girl (then only 6 months old) in her arms...

if i had been there i''d of told him not to return to the property under ANY circumstances, and given him a pen and peice of paper to write and hand sign a letter of apology.. if he handt of done it id of made a complaint.. if he had of done it id of ripped it up in his face, told him to sod off, and still made a complaint.

[/quote]

Yet you seem surprised by the behaviour of Goverment jobsworths trying to convince themselves of their own self-importance Jas?

I for one would expect nothing less.

[quote user="Grando"]How dare you sir! £120 for the BBC is the best value going. Gawd bless ''em!
[/quote]

Can I assume that as you dont know how much a tv licence costs, you indeed do not have one yourself? Its £139.50 I believe.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

if i had been there i''d of told

him not to return to the property under ANY circumstances, and given

him a pen and peice of paper to write and hand sign a letter of

apology.. if he handt of done it id of made a complaint.. if he had of

done it id of ripped it up in his face, told him to sod off, and still

made a complaint.

[/quote]

If I ever get the chance, I''m going to do this... brilliant!

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

B***ocks!

[/quote]

Yet you seem surprised by the behaviour of Goverment jobsworths trying to convince themselves of their own self-importance Jas?

I for one would expect nothing less.

[/quote]

yeh your right.. too true mate..

It takes a Certain kind of person to work for the government.. TV Licence, Traffic Wardens etc.. they must of had their head flushed down the bog a few times in their youth (and probably rightly so!) and are now getting their own back.

why do they do it? self importance? nothing better to do? to try and appear a "big man" or simply because they have a tiny todger? We will never know.

I remember some council chap banging on my parents house door and shouting because the skip outside the house (which was nothing to do with my parents) was sitting under trees and damaging a flower bed.. he was quoting all these rights etc and how he was going to fine my parents until my dad pointed out that the skip said "property of City Care" and the city care man was trimming the trees and putting the waste into the skip whilst council suit was shouting....  yes.. the skip BELONGED to the company hired BY THE COUNCIL to do the work on the street that day!

suit went bright red, gawped and walked off... my parents DID get a letter of apology though after complaining.. signed by the chap who had gone round...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol...  I actually got the idear from listening to Radio 5 once.. they had an interview with Peter Beardsley i think it was.. he was telling a story of how he was walking back to his car after a game with Everton and a litte scouser walked up to him and said "can i have your autograph" Peter duly signed the peice of paper only for the lad to rip it up and say "My dad says ur Crap!" and run away...

Beardo said he found it funny at the time...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol...  I actually got the idear from listening to Radio 5 once.. they had an interview with Peter Beardsley i think it was.. he was telling a story of how he was walking back to his car after a game with Everton and a litte scouser walked up to him and said "can i have your autograph" Peter duly signed the peice of paper only for the lad to rip it up and say "My dad says ur Crap!" and run away...

Beardo said he found it funny at the time...

[/quote]

My personal favourite was Dennis Pennis (aka Paul Kaye) approaching Jim Carrey shouting "Jim, Jim, Jim, Autograph??" When Mr Carrey stopped, Paul Kaye signs a piece of paper & hands to Jim saying "Treasure it son!"

Love it.

Ha, that''s a brilliant story.  I''m still going to use it.

Whilst I find train guards to be perfectly pleasant, its the actual

station guards that get me.  Jumped up little jobsworths who think

that because they have to supervise a ticket barrier they''re the

equivalent of the Army and can treat those with suspicious tickets with

disdain.  "I''m sorry sir, you cannot use this ticket from this

station, different operator and all that, nothing I can do, I don''t

care if you''ve been told its allowed before I''m saying no, no need to

raise your voice sir, you''ll have to pay for another ticket sir... why

are you hitting me, sir?"  Smug little b''stards...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ha, that''s a brilliant story.  I''m still going to use it.

Whilst I find train guards to be perfectly pleasant, its the actual station guards that get me.  Jumped up little jobsworths who think that because they have to supervise a ticket barrier they''re the equivalent of the Army and can treat those with suspicious tickets with disdain.  "I''m sorry sir, you cannot use this ticket from this station, different operator and all that, nothing I can do, I don''t care if you''ve been told its allowed before I''m saying no, no need to raise your voice sir, you''ll have to pay for another ticket sir... why are you hitting me, sir?"  Smug little b''stards...

[/quote]

hop the barrier and keep walking... there is little they can do... call the police? maybe but once youve blended into a crowd in some packed city center street they wont give 2 hoots about looking for you.

I really think we need to get behind him in what must be a difficult and challenging time for him.  Numpty.