Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Pathetic Hooligans

[quote user="ncfc_chris"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

Shortly after halftime, West Ham fans unfurled a banner in the stadium''s south end that read "ICF, 30 Years Undefeated."

The Inter City Firm, or ICF, is one of the most notorious hooligan groups in England.

[/quote]

absolute tools, football hooliganism in England stopped a couple of decades ago

[/quote]Funny, I could have sworn that  Nowich and Sheff utd fans were convicted after dozens of people were scrapping on Riverside just a couple of years ago.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]So you have to be white to be a football fan do you? Fucking hell!

This is an amusing gag, HC, credit where credit''s due. Smile [:)] - McDougall''s Perm

Thanks, I''m just having some fun.

What I really want to know is what did those jerks think when waving their sign?  That anyone in Columbus, Ohio would have the slightest clue what the intials stood for or what it meant?  It''s like going to China and calling people insulting names in English.  They have no idea. So what''s the point?

Gotta say I find football violence pretty damn childish to say the least, god knows what the rest of the world must think when among our biggest exports we have Pete Doherty and Amy Crackhouse. Shameful!

Active Hooligan Groups in England and Wales:

Glad to see no sign of Norwich............I wouldnt want to bump into Hull citys!!

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]What the hell are you on about? Have you even thought about what you''ve written???Firstly, if you''d ever been to East London you''d know that it was now the home of the up and coming young, English, white jetset. Go to Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Bow, Poplar, Limehouse, have a look around. Take a tube in the morning. Go to a cafe.Secondly, if you''re not white can you not support a football team?Thirdly, they sing east london because that''s where they''re from.Jeeeeeesus christ. They always say racism is just ignorance, and norfolk''s notorious for it. What a shame that you prove people right.

of course being west ham fans they had to try and give ''the bloody yanks a lesson'' didn''t they...incidentally they always state how they hate the media yet the unravel a banner with the ''ICF'' on it, knowing full well that the americans won''t have a clue about what it stands for, hoping the press will pick up on it to ''alert'' other sad groups of human beings that still exist..As for the fan that stated ''bring them down to carrow road and then we''ll see who''s boss'' I know you put a wink on the end so i take it your joking because trust me you would not want to go down to some of the east / north parts of London at night saying that sort of thing...like someone said, these people are pshyco''s, let them knock each other to bits, just dont expect our NHS (National Health Service incidentally) to patch them back up

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Bring the ICF down to Carrow Road, we''ll see who''s undefeated then ;)

[/quote]

It was just a joke people, didnt realise it would be taken seriously!

Apologies

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]What the hell are you on about? Have you even thought about what you''ve written???Firstly, if you''d ever been to East London you''d know that it was now the home of the up and coming young, English, white jetset. Go to Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Bow, Poplar, Limehouse, have a look around. Take a tube in the morning. Go to a cafe.Secondly, if you''re not white can you not support a football team?Thirdly, they sing east london because that''s where they''re from.Jeeeeeesus christ. They always say racism is just ignorance, and norfolk''s notorious for it. What a shame that you prove people right.

[/quote]Well done, you said that better than i could''ve!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Are you worried people might lump ALL Brits into the same category because of those few melonheads? 

[/quote]

This is an amusing gag, HC, credit where credit''s due. [:)]

[/quote]Ha ha, I didn''t get this until I saw McDP''s response, then it sunk it... its been a long day.  Is that Yanks thread still going on?? It was amusing enough for a while, but 20 pages? Really?Anyway, by the sound of things I''m better off back in Manchester* than being near the Northampton Affray Team! [:S]Pathetic idiots, truly pathetic.*It seems most of Manchester''s hooligans live in London anyway!  I''ve never heard a true Manc use the word "Guv''nor"...

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="newyorkcanary"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Bring the ICF down to Carrow Road, we''ll see who''s undefeated then ;)

[/quote]

Tell you what we''ll send you down to the East end and then you can say that...

Or perhaps you''ll take on the Red Army, or any other firm? talk is cheap but you don''t want to get messed up with those psycho''s...

[/quote]

Being an American whose last match at Carrow Road was in 1994, does Norwich have a "Firm?"  I know we''re a family-club, but you do hear from time to time stories from opoosing fans about how they got roughed up in and around Carrow Road.  I would be disappointed if we did, but how many teams actually have a semi-organized group of fans looking to start trouble?

[/quote]

I believe Norwich had a large branch of the Combat 18 but they werent really associated with football. My most vivid memory of them was from the Ireland vs England friendly match of 1995 which had to be cancelled. A group of English fans in the upper deck ripped up seats and threw pieces of wood and metal at spectators below and onto the field minutes after Ireland took a 1-0 lead. There was a massive flag that stated ''Combat 18 - Norwich''. Does anyone else remeber this?

[/quote]

it was a west ham flag,CF, the bloke who brought it was a west ham fam from norwich.He  Got knicked after he was photographed by the press under it lobbing bits of wood, and was duley shopped by scores of people who thought he was a knobber.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

Glad to see no sign of Norwich............I wouldnt want to bump into Hull citys!!

[/quote]

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote][/quote]

Well when i went to Leicester last season on the Train it was standing room only and i didn''t see one football shirt amongst 300 hundred ''''Supporters''''. when i mentioned this to my son he laughed and mumbled something about the NHS doing there annual big one. Apparently this is the Norwich ''crew'' and they all wear fashion cloths and not shirts. Bloody funny bunch of lads and some ugly sods among them but im glad i was getting a lift up to Derbyshire after the game and not on the same train as our little lot, they were rowdt enough at 9am before they were drinking! I fought all this sillyness went out with thatcher!

There all a bunch of Numpties. Anybody who decides to go to a football match just for a scrap deserves to be banned from every game. Can''t stand them.

If people did their research on this story you would find out that over 100 Columbus fans wer arrested compared to 30 WH fans, and the trouble was caused by ''boisterous'' Columbus fans in the first place. Still, less of a story if it isn''t specifically English hooligans isn''t it?

[quote user="Destort"]Gotta say I find football violence pretty damn childish to say the least, god knows what the rest of the world must think when among our biggest exports we have Pete Doherty and Amy Crackhouse. Shameful![/quote]You''re kidding, I didn''t realise Pete and Amy were into fooball violence [:^)]

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]If people did their research on this story you would find out that over 100 Columbus fans wer arrested compared to 30 WH fans, and the trouble was caused by ''boisterous'' Columbus fans in the first place. Still, less of a story if it isn''t specifically English hooligans isn''t it?[/quote]

I think the title of the thread - Pathetic Hooligans - just about gives away what we''re debating here. Pathetic Hooligans.

Nationality has b-all to do with being a tosspot.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]If people did their research on this story you would find out that over 100 Columbus fans wer arrested compared to 30 WH fans, and the trouble was caused by ''boisterous'' Columbus fans in the first place. Still, less of a story if it isn''t specifically English hooligans isn''t it?[/quote]

I think the title of the thread - Pathetic Hooligans - just about gives away what we''re debating here. Pathetic Hooligans.

[/quote]

But the discussion that has ensued has mainly been directed at the West Ham (English) fans. But yes, no matter what nationality it is indeed pathetic.

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

But the discussion that has ensued has mainly been directed at the West Ham (English) fans. But yes, no matter what nationality it is indeed pathetic.

[/quote]

The fact that the West Ham fans unfurled a flag stating "ICF - 30 years undefeated" tells me the initial problem probaly lay with the English. Fights dont start without provocation. But the Yanks are no better for rising to it.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Steve Hopkins"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The fact that the West Ham fans unfurled a flag stating "ICF - 30 years undefeated" tells me the initial problem probaly lay with the English. Fights dont start without provocation. But the Yanks are no better for rising to it.

[/quote]

Whichever way round it is, it takes two to tango.

I''ve never been involved in a football riot, however large or small! So it is possible to stay out of it, unless that''s what you were looking for in the first place...

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]

What the hell are you on about? Have you even thought about what you''ve written???

Firstly, if you''d ever been to East London you''d know that it was now the home of the up and coming young, English, white jetset. Go to Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Bow, Poplar, Limehouse, have a look around. Take a tube in the morning. Go to a cafe.

Secondly, if you''re not white can you not support a football team?

Thirdly, they sing east london because that''s where they''re from.

Jeeeeeesus christ. They always say racism is just ignorance, and norfolk''s notorious for it. What a shame that you prove people right.

[/quote]

1st if you have ever been to a West Ham game you will notice that they ALL get the train out of the area...mainly towards Essex.....I work in Green Street so I think I have more experience of the area than you!!!!!

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]What the hell are you on about? Have you even thought about what you''ve written???Firstly, if you''d ever been to East London you''d know that it was now the home of the up and coming young, English, white jetset. Go to Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Bow, Poplar, Limehouse, have a look around. Take a tube in the morning. Go to a cafe.Secondly, if you''re not white can you not support a football team?Thirdly, they sing east london because that''s where they''re from.Jeeeeeesus christ. They always say racism is just ignorance, and norfolk''s notorious for it. What a shame that you prove people right.

[/quote]

1st if you have ever been to a West Ham game you will notice that they ALL get the train out of the area...mainly towards Essex.....I work in Green Street so I think I have more experience of the area than you!!!!!

[/quote]I would never go to a West Ham game because I hate them with a venomous passion.Which Green Street do you work in? Not the one off Park Lane, presumably? And if you work in London, presumably you live in London? And if you live in London, why do you sing Pride Of Anglia at Norwich games? BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS FROM.I was brought up in Diss, so after the game I would get on a train and go 20 miles south. What is your point?And whilst working in London and living in Hackney for a while, I met many black and asian people that support Wet Sham. What is your point about hardly any white people being in East London (which is horse crap, by the way)? Or are you just harbouring some ill-thought out, unsubstantiated, ignorant, bigoted resentment towards people with a different skin tone? I call it racism. Don''t tell me - you''re not racist BUT....

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]

What the hell are you on about? Have you even thought about what you''ve written???

Firstly, if you''d ever been to East London you''d know that it was now the home of the up and coming young, English, white jetset. Go to Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Shoreditch, Bow, Poplar, Limehouse, have a look around. Take a tube in the morning. Go to a cafe.

Jeeeeeesus christ. They always say racism is just ignorance, and norfolk''s notorious for it. What a shame that you prove people right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would never go to a West Ham game because I hate them with a venomous passion.

Which Green Street do you work in? Not the one off Park Lane, presumably? And if you work in London, presumably you live in London? And if you live in London, why do you sing Pride Of Anglia at Norwich games?

BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS FROM.

I was brought up in Diss, so after the game I would get on a train and go 20 miles south. What is your point?

And whilst working in London and living in Hackney for a while, I met many black and asian people that support Wet Sham. What is your point about hardly any white people being in East London (which is horse crap, by the way)? Or are you just harbouring some ill-thought out, unsubstantiated, ignorant, bigoted resentment towards people with a different skin tone? I call it racism. Don''t tell me - you''re not racist BUT....
[/quote]

Calm down Mook,you don''t half go ott on these kind of issues. The only people you ever fail to praise are the ones from Norfolk. You come across very bitter and self loathing about yourself and your very own neighbours. If its not the locals beating you upin the Pub down Diss high street its the ignorant Norfolk folk who have been no further north than Cromer pier. You could always try living elsewhere like,say erm......Iraq, Saudi Arabia,El Salvordor, Peckham!!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle MBE Gaylord of the Haymarket"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="WrightyBoy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would never go to a West Ham game because I hate them with a venomous passion.

Which Green Street do you work in? Not the one off Park Lane, presumably? And if you work in London, presumably you live in London? And if you live in London, why do you sing Pride Of Anglia at Norwich games?

BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS FROM.

I was brought up in Diss, so after the game I would get on a train and go 20 miles south. What is your point?

And whilst working in London and living in Hackney for a while, I met many black and asian people that support Wet Sham. What is your point about hardly any white people being in East London (which is horse crap, by the way)? Or are you just harbouring some ill-thought out, unsubstantiated, ignorant, bigoted resentment towards people with a different skin tone? I call it racism. Don''t tell me - you''re not racist BUT....
[/quote]

Calm down Mook,you don''t half go ott on these kind of issues. The only people you ever fail to praise are the ones from Norfolk. You come across very bitter and self loathing about yourself and your very own neighbours. If its not the locals beating you upin the Pub down Diss high street its the ignorant Norfolk folk who have been no further north than Cromer pier. You could always try living elsewhere like,say erm......Iraq, Saudi Arabia,El Salvordor, Peckham!!

[/quote]

Who''d have thought the resident BNP voter would pop up in this thread?! And with all the usual "self-loathing" nonsense. My best friends are all from Norfolk (as am I), my family are East Anglia through and through, why would I insult them? Why would I insult myself?

I simply can''t be doing with people who haven''t considered their opinion. Brown people, pink people, Iraqis, Norfolk folk, Gorillas, don''t care. Doesn''t make them all morons. But the ones that are, I can''t be doing with. Simple.

Whind your neck in Mook!!!!

As you can simply see by the pics of the fans kicking off that they are white....I was simply pointing out why do they sing East London when I doubt many are from there...this country is already being brought down by do gooders like you that accuse anyone of being racist as soon as they can without seeing the full picture or hearing the full argument.....

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]

I think it was the point where you brought skin colour into the argument where he got a bit annoyed? But don''t worry, what''s a little casual racism between friends.. idiot.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]Love the way they sing East London.....like there are any white people let alone West Ham fans left in East London!!![/quote]

I think it was the point where you brought skin colour into the argument where he got a bit annoyed? But don''t worry, what''s a little casual racism between friends.. idiot.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Argh triple post!

And before you go on a PC GONE MAD rant, i personally, love politically uncorrect humour. It''s just your ''joke'' wasn''t actually funny, it just makes you sound like an ill informed twunt.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Argh triple post!

And before you go on a PC GONE MAD rant, i personally, love politically uncorrect humour. It''s just your ''joke'' wasn''t actually funny, it just makes you sound like an ill informed twunt.