Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

Ched Evans

I really hope so. I was speaking to his father in Yellows last season and he said Ched loves it here and would love to stay permenantly. 1 thing he commented on was how Ched was so amazed by our support, he thought it was fantastic for the position we were in. He also said Everton were after him, but this was the Q.P.R game i spoke to him so a few months ago.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Hope so, but hope its with a view to permenant.[/quote]Arthur there is little chance of us signing Ched on a permanent unless we get promoted, purely on the basis that he is capable of playing for a lower premiership team even at his young age. I consider Ched to be of similar ability to David Bentley and Im sure he himself considers himself to be of suitable calibre to play in the Premiership. Unfortunately a loan would be on the only realistic option at current I feel, and I for one would be content with signing him on loan again.

[quote user="ryank"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Hope so, but hope its with a view to permenant.[/quote]Arthur there is little chance of us signing Ched on a permanent unless we get promoted, purely on the basis that he is capable of playing for a lower premiership team even at his young age. I consider Ched to be of similar ability to David Bentley and Im sure he himself considers himself to be of suitable calibre to play in the Premiership. Unfortunately a loan would be on the only realistic option at current I feel, and I for one would be content with signing him on loan again.[/quote]agreed  - loan looks most likely, and would be welcome -but probably, he''s got bigger fish to fry.  realistically, to properly further his career, he should be playing regulary with better players.  we fitted the bill last season to introduce the boy, but sadly i reckon he''ll be with a better champs/lower prem side than ours come season start...reckon this story is bull!!!

[quote user="Full of bull Frank"]Will sign next week on loan again[/quote]Hasn''t Roeder already said that nothing will happen with Ched untill after Pre-season? (I guess this is what Mark Hughes said to Roeder when we enquired)

Reliable source this, reliable source that....

The ONLY people so far that I would even think about believing, because they have been fairly accurate are:

Ryank and Kdncfc.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Full of bull Frank"]Will sign next week on loan again[/quote]

My reliable source also informed me of this too.

[/quote]Has your reliable source given us any previous correct predictions? If he has, are there any more besides Evans?

I have no information but I would have thought that Mark Hughes would want to evaluate him in the pre-season games before making a decision.  Also remember there are seven subs in the Premiership games from next season and it has been predicted that this will substantially cut the number of players going out on loan.

[quote user="camuldonum"]I have no information but I would have thought that Mark Hughes would want to evaluate him in the pre-season games before making a decision.  Also remember there are seven subs in the Premiership games from next season and it has been predicted that this will substantially cut the number of players going out on loan.[/quote]great - the greedy ole prem further shafts the rest of us then...even less crumbs off the table...

[quote user="camuldonum"]I have no information but I would have thought that Mark Hughes would want to evaluate him in the pre-season games before making a decision.  Also remember there are seven subs in the Premiership games from next season and it has been predicted that this will substantially cut the number of players going out on loan.[/quote]Oh dear. We are going to be relying a lot on loan signings. Roeder intimated a few weeks ago that he would be going for 5 or6.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Reliable source this, reliable source that.... The ONLY people so far that I would even think about believing, because they have been fairly accurate are: Ryank and Kdncfc.[/quote]

Joe Lewis

Tommy Wright

Darren Huckerby

The Peter Cullum early whispers

The Macedonian Defender (We are also looking at a Serbian guy who''s name escapes me)

Jason Shackell

James Holman

Wes Hoolahan

So yes i suppose the 2 named above are the only reliable posters on here.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Reliable source this, reliable source that.... The ONLY people so far that I would even think about believing, because they have been fairly accurate are: Ryank and Kdncfc.[/quote]

Joe Lewis

Tommy Wright

Darren Huckerby

The Macedonian Defender (We are also looking at a Serbian guy who''s name escapes me)

Jason Shackell

James Holman

Wes Hoolahan

[/quote]well spotted cusdp!!!so Ryank and Kdncfc, got any juicy tit bits???

QPR fans on their website seem fairly convinced Ched is going there on loan. Have to say I would be very disappointed if he went there over us. I could kind of understand it if he went on loan to Cardiff due to the Welsh angle but QPR would disappoint me. If he does go there I can only assume QPR have chucked a bit of cash at Ched/Man City in order to help him make his mind up!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]QPR fans on their website seem fairly convinced Ched is going there on loan. Have to say I would be very disappointed if he went there over us. I could kind of understand it if he went on loan to Cardiff due to the Welsh angle but QPR would disappoint me. If he does go there I can only assume QPR have chucked a bit of cash at Ched/Man City in order to help him make his mind up![/quote]don''t like it any more than you do jimbo - but realistically, QPR are gonna have a better team than us this year, and so if chedders does well with them and bangs the goals in, and they''re challenging in the top3-6, then naturally his profile will be enhanced, and likely he''ll end up in the prem on mega bucks...why would he want to gamble his future with us, if he has better options available... unlike the doc or riggers (if he signs) who have hobsons???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Jim Smith"]QPR fans on their website seem fairly convinced Ched is going there on loan. Have to say I would be very disappointed if he went there over us. I could kind of understand it if he went on loan to Cardiff due to the Welsh angle but QPR would disappoint me. If he does go there I can only assume QPR have chucked a bit of cash at Ched/Man City in order to help him make his mind up![/quote]

don''t like it any more than you do jimbo - but realistically, QPR are gonna have a better team than us this year, and so if chedders does well with them and bangs the goals in, and they''re challenging in the top3-6, then naturally his profile will be enhanced, and likely he''ll end up in the prem on mega bucks...

why would he want to gamble his future with us, if he has better options available...

unlike the doc or riggers (if he signs) who have hobsons???[/quote]

Didn''t do his profile much harm being with us last season though? As he has always made it clear he wants to stay with Man City and play in their first team in the meantime I would not think it makes that much difference to him which champ teams he goes on on loan to in the interim other than that he would want to go to a club where he gets on with the manager and the coaching is good.

Given their wealth I actually don''t think QPR have (at the moment) improved the quality of their team as much as I would have expected them to. Personally hope it all goes pear shaped for them and that annoying manager of theirs gets sacked by Christmas!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]QPR fans on their website seem fairly convinced Ched is going there on loan. Have to say I would be very disappointed if he went there over us. I could kind of understand it if he went on loan to Cardiff due to the Welsh angle but QPR would disappoint me. If he does go there I can only assume QPR have chucked a bit of cash at Ched/Man City in order to help him make his mind up![/quote]

It wont surprise me if he did go there tbh. His dad lives in Shepherd''s Bush so could be a good move for him on a personal note, but i dont think he will, he will be back here for the season and i think it will be announced this week.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Didn''t Full of Bull Frank believe that a lot of the stuff Good News Gordon was talking about was likely to be true on an earlier thread ?[/quote]

It would not surprise me if the two individuals are one and the same!

If Ched''s dad lives in SB then that makes me much less confident about the chances of him coming to us.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Didn''t Full of Bull Frank believe that a lot of the stuff Good News Gordon was talking about was likely to be true on an earlier thread ?[/quote]

If Ched''s dad lives in SB then that makes me much less confident about the chances of him coming to us.

[/quote]

I posted words to the effect of this on an earlier thread but it was denied, is there any way of checking Webteam ?

Joe Lewis

Tommy Wright

Darren Huckerby

Jason Shackell

James Holman

Wes Hoolahan

[/quote]Not even me: the guy who said Roeder would be next manager? (p.s. I got nothing at the mo, don''t speculate willy nilly)

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Really? How many 19 year old young men do you know ( that can afford to live independently ) that prefer to live close to Dad?

[/quote]Well, I''m a fan cusdp, and if you''re right, you will be my favourite poster ever. Getting our two really classy loans back again is a massive coup for the Roeder regime - loaned players don''t often want to go back to the same Club. If we''d had a midfield capable of getting the ball to Evans last season he''d have scored 5 times the number of goals.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Really? How many 19 year old young men do you know ( that can afford to live independently ) that prefer to live close to Dad?

[/quote]

I take your point but I suppose it depends how close he is to his dad and how much influence he has over him. From the sounds of it his dad was a regular up at CR last season so maybe he quite fancies being able to go 5 mins down the road to watch his son play rather than trek up to Norfolk. Ched might also fancy living in a house with hsi dad rather than spend another 6 month stint in a hotel.

Anyway I hope these rumours are right and he does come back as I thought he was a great player and getting him and Bertie back would be a real feather in our cap!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]don''t like it any more than you do jimbo - but realistically, QPR are gonna have a better team than us this year,[/quote]I can''t let that pass. QPR will throw more money at the problem, but that''s got limited worth when building a team. I''d rather have our limited budget and Roeder unearthing the right players - the QPR boss is almost obliged to spend wads of dosh, perhaps at the expense of getting the right players.Having said that, I wish Roeder had the money to spend - we''d definitely have the best team [:P]