Sign in to follow this  
bassisbest

Captain???

i have nothing agains Fozzy and i think he a quality player, but with the midfield signing norwich have made i think he may struggle to get in the starting 11. who else could be a good captain? i would say Drury because he been at the club longer than anyone else and he''s also had experience as captain.

any thoughts???

in my opinion; definately no to Fozzy and Drury - both far too timid and quiet to be a proper Championship captain. so who should be captain? there isn''t anyone in our current team. Russell comes closest as he could lead by example but no one else

we need a really tough no nonsense centre back or centre midfielder  to come in and take the captains armband... preferably Carlos Puyol but he might just be out of our league.

Doesn''t Worthy see Clingan as a future captain for his country? Apparently he never gives up, has drive and determinatiion (pre-requisites for a player under GR), why not give the armband to him?

[quote user="San Miguel"]

in my opinion; definately no to Fozzy and Drury - both far too timid and quiet to be a proper Championship captain. so who should be captain? there isn''t anyone in our current team. Russell comes closest as he could lead by example but no one else

we need a really tough no nonsense centre back or centre midfielder  to come in and take the captains armband... preferably Carlos Puyol but he might just be out of our league.

[/quote]

You think Fozzy is timid and quiet? We must have been watching different players last season then.

I don''t think there''s any standout candidates for the job though. I''m struggling to think of a Norwich player with real captain potential.

I do think Fozzy is timid - in that the Fozzy I saw all last season didn''t communicate enough, didn''t get involved in the play enough, and very often looked lazy

a captain in this league needs to be down everyone''s throat for the whole 90mins, full of effort, full of passion, and actually have some physical presence. we have too many soft players

Yeah no one springs to mind with me either. Russell is probably the best candidate, but Im not sure he will be guaranteed a starting spot if we get some quality players in. Just hoping the Centre back that I assume we will bring in can fit the bill.

I think Fozzy did ok last season and I don''t see why he would be offered a new contract if Roeder didn''t think he would start games. He''s a better choice than Shackell ever was for captain. Failing him go for Cureton or Russell (if in team).  

[quote user="xKevin82x"]I would like to see marshall as captain.[/quote]

Jas.. Breathe [;)]

Not too keen on Marshall as keeper, too quiet for my liking.

With Roeder having overhauled the backroom staff, trying to change the culture; dont be surprised if hes in the market for an old fashioned hard as nails centre back as his captain. God knows who though..

Captain Canary?

Seriously, shouldn''t give the captaincy to Drury, he was a far better player before taking the armband, depending on who we bring in I still think Fotheringham may be captain...

Depends totally on who we bring in, because at the minute Fotheringham will have to do because unless it goes unnoticed, i tend not to see Fozzy barking out orders in the manner than Dion did when he had spells with the armband on the odd occasions.

I cant see Clingan or Hoolahan being up for the captaincy either, so unless we bring in someone will experience and commitment, ie like Taylor had when he came on loan, i think Fozzy will have to do unfortunately.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

I do think Fozzy is timid - in that the Fozzy I saw all last season didn''t communicate enough, didn''t get involved in the play enough, and very often looked lazy

a captain in this league needs to be down everyone''s throat for the whole 90mins, full of effort, full of passion, and actually have some physical presence. we have too many soft players

[/quote]

Well I think a lot of our players are too quiet but Fizzy is far from timid. Did you not see him lay into Hucks for not tracking back against Burnley at Carrow Road last season. Was banging his fists on the floor in anger cos we were still only 1-0 up before Ched finished them off.

At Bristol he was also our main driving force and the whole team wre looking to him to control things and instruct. I think it means more to him than most too.

[quote user="Freeza"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

Well I think a lot of our players are too quiet but Fizzy is far from timid. Did you not see him lay into Hucks for not tracking back against Burnley at Carrow Road last season. Was banging his fists on the floor in anger cos we were still only 1-0 up before Ched finished them off.

At Bristol he was also our main driving force and the whole team wre looking to him to control things and instruct. I think it means more to him than most too.

[/quote]

Fizzy? Whoops, lol. Fozzy I meant!

Andy cole...

ha ha ha

but really I believe as a few have already said that Roeder will bring one big name experienced player in.

Centre back preferably because I personally don''t feel a striker should be captain (view of field etc.)

What about the Doc...

Think he is vocal enough? Also i dont want him putting across grabbing shirts as being a good thing to the rest of the squad lol