Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Takeover - this is far more serious!!

Just logged on to Delia''s Catering to see what he menu is this weekend as I am dining there. It''s still got last weeks menu on the site. Scandalous - Delia Out!!!

Maybe you should offer her about half what it cost to buy the stuff. Tell her that you can buy almost the same in Morrison''s far cheaper.Also, that last autumn when there was special offer in Lidl you could have bought a bottle of wine for £3 so she must sell the restaurant''s wine for £3. Tell her that if she agrees to this price you will (might) offer the waiting staff a big tip and that the price is only for part of the meal not all of itTalking of wine you get plenty of whine from the anti club brigade, though no back up.They never go to Carrow Road...........................well, maybe when the paupers come to visit.

" I aint anti club" No one said you were. Never said you didn''t go to every home game either.You do appear a little defensive. I wonder why ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" I aint anti club" No one said you were.

Never said you didn''t go to every home game either.

You do appear a little defensive.

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

Trying to fool you with the Green type Ralph.

They should know by now they can''t outwit the "Witchfinder General"

How are things at STASI HQ by the way?

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

So you can find no fault with Delia and the board''s stance on a potential takeover, Ralph? Give me strength!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Maybe you should offer her about half what it cost to buy the stuff.

Tell her that you can buy almost the same in Morrison''s far cheaper.

Also, that last autumn when there was special offer in Lidl you could have bought a bottle of wine for £3 so she must sell the restaurant''s wine for £3. Tell her that if she agrees to this price you will (might) offer the waiting staff a big tip and that the price is only for part of the meal not all of it

Talking of wine you get plenty of whine from the anti club brigade, though no back up.

They never go to Carrow Road...........................well, maybe when the paupers come to visit.
[/quote]

Don''t be so bitter Ralph, you just made a mistake and backed the wrong horse that''s all, the evidence is overwhelming, and you know it.

The "there are no serious investors out there mad enough to invest in a football club" proves it, as does the gross overinflated demand  for £30 per share and overvaluation of a club at present in serious decline. You don''t have a valid argument against this so why not just admit you were misled. I promise you will feel a lot better when you get it off your chest!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Maybe you should offer her about half what it cost to buy the stuff.

Also, that last autumn when there was special offer in Lidl you could have bought a bottle of wine for £3 so she must sell the restaurant''s wine for £3. Tell her that if she agrees to this price you will (might) offer the waiting staff a big tip and that the price is only for part of the meal not all of it

Talking of wine you get plenty of whine from the anti club brigade, though no back up.

They never go to Carrow Road...........................well, maybe when the paupers come to visit.
[/quote]

"Anger is an Energy! Anger is an Energy! Anger is an Energy! Anger is an Energy!Anger is an Energy!Anger is an Energy! Anger is an Energy!"

All this discussion and argument is all very well but I still don''t know what I''m going to eat Friday night. Anyoe would think Delia was too busy to sort out the menu.

It''s not good enough!!

[quote user="jbghost"]

All this discussion and argument is all very well but I still don''t know what I''m going to eat Friday night. Anyoe would think Delia was too busy to sort out the menu.

It''s not good enough!!

[/quote]

Have a nice burger in Yellow''s mate.

I recommend ''em.

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

It seems its you who gets defensive walphy, whats up? Fed up of being proved wrong? Oh and stop avoiding questions i''ve asked on other threads. Your little honey bee has her back against the wall.

[/quote]

i doubt you actually go to CR Walph,as i''ve yet to see cotribute anything regarding the FOOTBALL side of things. I think enough people have sussed you out Walphy. Give it a break sonshine.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

Don''t be so bitter Ralph, you just made a mistake and backed the wrong horse that''s all, the evidence is overwhelming, and you know it.

The "there are no serious investors out there mad enough to invest in a football club" proves it, as does the gross overinflated demand  for £30 per share and overvaluation of a club at present in serious decline. You don''t have a valid argument against this so why not just admit you were misled. I promise you will feel a lot better when you get it off your chest!

[/quote]

You say Norwich City is "a club at present in serious decline". That is complete rubbish because season tickets are sold-out, the stadium is looking better, good manager, the club has a shares in various businesses that provide an extra income, the manager gets a good playing budget, still in the championship, club has a shop in the city, brilliant community department... etc. etc. etc. etc.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You say Norwich City is "a club at present in serious decline". That is complete rubbish because season tickets are sold-out, the stadium is looking better, good manager, the club has a shares in various businesses that provide an extra income, the manager gets a good playing budget, still in the championship, club has a shop in the city, brilliant community department... etc. etc. etc. etc.

[/quote]

Seeing as you seem to know what GR''s playing budget is, perhaps you would be kind enough to share with us [:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As it stands we currently have a debt the highest its ever been, the lowest league posistion for decades, can barely field a team and have a board that have not one thread of ambition amongst them. Fans buy season tickets not the board, we are STILL the championship [just] losing out on signings to clubs with far less income but much better ambition. Most clubs have shops, the stadium looks nice but the football looks awful.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As it stands we currently have a debt the highest its ever been, the lowest league posistion for decades, can barely field a team and have a board that have not one thread of ambition amongst them. Fans buy season tickets not the board, we are STILL the championship [just] losing out on signings to clubs with far less income but much better ambition. Most clubs have shops, the stadium looks nice but the football looks awful.

[/quote]

oh and a Board who have lied to the loyal fans. First she says no one has approached them in the twelve months then tells us various people have made contact. Explain that one please!

"As it stands we currently have a debt the highest its ever been"

Most of the debt is because of the new stand and corner.

"the lowest league posistion for decades"

The season hasn''t started yet.

"can barely field a team"

"a board that have not one thread of ambition amongst them."

Of course they have ambition but they won''t risk the future of the club.

"losing out on signings to clubs with far less income but much better ambition."

Such as?

"Most clubs have shops"

Most have them only at the stadium. NCFC has one in the city centre.

"the stadium looks nice"

Which cost money (see debt)

"but the football looks awful."

Nothing much the Board can do about that.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

"As it stands we currently have a debt the highest its ever been"

Most of the debt is because of the new stand and corner.

"the lowest league posistion for decades"

"can barely field a team"

"a board that have not one thread of ambition amongst them."

Of course they have ambition but they won''t risk the future of the club.

"losing out on signings to clubs with far less income but much better ambition."

Such as?

"Most clubs have shops"

Most have them only at the stadium. NCFC has one in the city centre.

"the stadium looks nice"

Which cost money (see debt)

"but the football looks awful."

Nothing much the Board can do about that.

[/quote]

Last season= lowest for decades

Stadium was on the up under Chase matey, did you like him?

Ambition?????? When????? When has a club the size of NCFC left the League?

Loseing out on players? How long have you got? Even this season Patterson and the likes have gone to the mighty Burnley!

Most clubs our size DO have Club shops in Town, maybe you should get out more

Stadium looks nice= I''ll give yothat one but because of the crap on the pitch [read below]

Football is Awful because the board is in charge....WHO EMPLOYS MANAGER AND ISSUES BUDGET FOR MANAGER??

GOD HELP US WITH THESE BLINKERED ONES!!!![:''(]

Didn''t want Paterson anyway, i don''t think he''s good enough to be our main signing up front, Cureton had a better season than hinm last year, and yet people don''t seem to want him around.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Didn''t want Paterson anyway, i don''t think he''s good enough to be our main signing up front, Cureton had a better season than hinm last year, and yet people don''t seem to want him around.
[/quote]

Well you can''t rate Roeder to highly then? He saw something in Patterson that he doesn''t see in Curo.

[/quote]

I think you betray yourself with being so obsessed with Delia getting her money back ralph.  SHE stated that money for herself wasn`t the issue, she "wasn`t interested", and it was all about money for the team.  Someone comes along who fulfills all her criteria and offers exactly what she asked for and she doesn`t want to know.

You ARE NOT a Norwich City fan, you are a Delia Smith fan.  See if you can get your bigotted little head round it.  And i bet you stop posting when she eventually walks.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I think you betray yourself with being so obsessed with Delia getting her money back ralph.  SHE stated that money for herself wasn`t the issue, she "wasn`t interested", and it was all about money for the team.  Someone comes along who fulfills all her criteria and offers exactly what she asked for and she doesn`t want to know.

[/quote]Can you link me to that quote? I remember her making such comments, but in the context of someone offering her money for her shares who didn''t have the best interests of the club at heart. I.e. she wouldn''t sell to someone who wasn''t suitable, even if she would make a good profit out of it; http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2007/01/19/ncfc_deliasmith_agm_20070119_feature.shtml

The

former TV chef responded to the comments claiming she would welcome

such investment, but in the last decade she had never received any firm

offer.

"Nobody

has ever come forward and said `I''ll give you this amount of money for

a seat on the board.` Nobody''s ever done it," she said.

"And if somebody offered Michael and I a large amount of money for our shares what''s that going to do?

"It''s going to give us a lot of money, but it''s not going to do anything for the club," she added.

Delia admitted she would consider selling up, but only if it was in the best long-term interests of Norwich City.

"The

only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody''s going to put

invest in the football with serious money for the squad, and it has to

be someone honourable," she added.

"They

have to be people that we all think would be good custodians of this

football club, because we nearly lost it ten years ago and that''s a

possibility again if it''s not looked after properly and nurtured," she

added.

So she would consider selling to someone if it was right for the club. She doesn''t mention giving them up for free. I certainly don''t remember her ever saying she would.

That''s how I remember it BDU. It''s easy just to twist the words to make a different story. It''s funny how posters have short memories. Geoffrey Watling didn''t give the shares to Delia did he? She has paid for every share she has isn''t she entitled to her money back?

That''s why this whole thing doesn''t add up and I''m sitting on the fence. Posters are stumbling from one unworkable scheme to another. It''s understandable because we all want this 20m invested in the team. Lets hope that in reality efforts are being made by all sides to make this happen.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your language betrays you Cavendish. Satisfied with second rate. No ambition. You prefer a comfy social club to an ambitious, successful football outfit.

OTBC

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

You ARE NOT a Norwich City fan, you are a Delia Smith fan.  See if you can get your bigotted little head round it.  And i bet you stop posting when she eventually walks.......

[/quote]

I think he''s got a ''Donkster Shrine'' in his attic as well......Ralphy, his face angrily distorted, salivating and with his contorted body prostrate and facing the huge ''Donkster Shrine'' in his attic, screeches in a helium induced squeaky voice:

"My Darkest Lord Darth Donkster, I am still your most loyal servant....I will follow you to the darkest depths of deepest ''Go Go Gretna'' and beyond - and even back to the bowels of ''Bristolonika'', true home of your supreme eminence. I am truly aware there are troubled and desperate times ahead. The fight against those who wish awfully nice things, like horrid nasty boring football and cheerful good-times to return down at ''Corporato Cooka Carra Canteena'' is just beginning.....I have constantly and will continually defend the bastion of Bisto, Protonez, Hotelio, Infrastrucstuckwith, Yum Yum Grubbo, Restyruntrustic and Ha Ha Ho Ho Comedius Genius Reddy Cardy Clubbus - and the other delightful ''Queen Dealus no Dealus and her most desirable treasures and special things.....I do think though Dark Lord, that the constantly baiting, baying and the name calling of those pathetic time for changeling''s dimwits, is falling on deaf-ears. You are aware of those tyrannical turds who question our most luvverly ''Queen Dealus no Dealus'' and who audaciously dare to insult you my dearest Darkest Lord. Well, I''m seriously concerned that my calling of those brigands and ''protagonist anti-club  Binnerites''.....is actually starting to lose its desired effect, and some of the once loyal members of the distinguished ''Blinkered Butt-Kiss Boardist Brigade'', are with indecision, sitting on the fence - and some are actually defecting to the ''Binnerites!'' But all is not lost!" 

"I require some more of your most educated guidance my Dark Lord? How am I to continue to discredit these placebo Binnerites? I am hoping that the huge weapon of your MBA knowledgeable brainpowered belt-fed bazooka - coupled with your ''Green Blazer Battalion of Eventguard Loyalist Lancers'', will send these placebo Binnerites scurrying back to Suffark - where they well and truly belong!"...

"I now eagerly await your next command ''Oh Supreme Dark Lord'', I do understand, that you and ''Queen Dealus no Dealus'' - are presently at serious conflict with the ''White Knight King Cullum''. Although, I do have utter and complete faith and no questionable doubt, that the impending defeat of this ''Charlatan Cullum'' will soon be upon us!"......

"I remain loyal, unwavering and steadfast to you Dark Lord and also the distinguished Queen Dealus, including her superbly loyal Director Dictatorship Disciples - and the whole of the brilliant ''Blinkered Butt-Kiss Boardist Brigade'' I luv yaz!"......''Down with the closet Binnerites!"

"PS, I''m still awaiting my weekly payment from your dour and darkest self - of my regular scrumptious 8oz bag of slugs, dung beetles, your toe-nail clippings and crusty unwanted boogers.....But, due to the current climate, I appreciate that I may have to wait"....

"I will always remain your most loyal servant and follower, my honourable Dark Lord.  I SALUTE YOU DARK LORD! carry on with the good work Sir, from your loyal Ralphus Wrighteous, so full of $hite-ous." 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he''s got a ''Donkster Shrine'' in his attic as well......Ralphy, his face angrily distorted, salivating and with his contorted body prostrate and facing the huge ''Donkster Shrine'' in his attic, screeches in a helium induced squeaky voice:

"My Darkest Lord Darth Donkster, I am still your most loyal servant....I will follow you to the darkest depths of deepest ''Go Go Gretna'' and beyond - and even back to the bowels of ''Bristolonika'', true home of your supreme eminence. I am truly aware there are troubled and desperate times ahead. The fight against those who wish awfully nice things, like horrid nasty boring football and cheerful good-times to return down at ''Corporato Cooka Carra Canteena'' is just beginning.....I have constantly and will continually defend the bastion of Bisto, Protonez, Hotelio, Infrastrucstuckwith, Yum Yum Grubbo, Restyruntrustic and Ha Ha Ho Ho Comedius Genius Reddy Cardy Clubbus - and the other delightful ''Queen Dealus no Dealus and her most desirable treasures and special things.....I do think though Dark Lord, that the constantly baiting, baying and the name calling of those pathetic time for changeling''s dimwits, is falling on deaf-ears. You are aware of those tyrannical turds who question our most luvverly ''Queen Dealus no Dealus'' and who audaciously dare to insult you my dearest Darkest Lord. Well, I''m seriously concerned that my calling of those brigands and ''protagonist anti-club  Binnerites''.....is actually starting to lose its desired effect, and some of the once loyal members of the distinguished ''Blinkered Butt-Kiss Boardist Brigade'', are with indecision, sitting on the fence - and some are actually defecting to the ''Binnerites!'' But all is not lost!" 

"I require some more of your most educated guidance my Dark Lord? How am I to continue to discredit these placebo Binnerites? I am hoping that the huge weapon of your MBA knowledgeable brainpowered belt-fed bazooka - coupled with your ''Green Blazer Battalion of Eventguard Loyalist Lancers'', will send these placebo Binnerites scurrying back to Suffark - where they well and truly belong!"...

"I now eagerly await your next command ''Oh Supreme Dark Lord'', I do understand, that you and ''Queen Dealus no Dealus'' - are presently at serious conflict with the ''White Knight King Cullum''. Although, I do have utter and complete faith and no questionable doubt, that the impending defeat of this ''Charlatan Cullum'' will soon be upon us!"......

"I remain loyal, unwavering and steadfast to you Dark Lord and also the distinguished Queen Dealus, including her superbly loyal Director Dictatorship Disciples - and the whole of the brilliant ''Blinkered Butt-Kiss Boardist Brigade'' I luv yaz!"......''Down with the closet Binnerites!"

"PS, I''m still awaiting my weekly payment from your dour and darkest self - of my regular scrumptious 8oz bag of slugs, dung beetles, your toe-nail clippings and crusty unwanted boogers.....But, due to the current climate, I appreciate that I may have to wait"....

"I will always remain your most loyal servant and follower, my honourable Dark Lord.  I SALUTE YOU DARK LORD! carry on with the good work Sir, from your loyal Ralphus Wrighteous, so full of $hite-ous." 

[/quote]

LOL wonderful stuff!