Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Re: No official bid for Ameobi yet?

Both official sites have said nothing yet!

What i found interesting about the story today is they value Ameobi at 2 to 2.5 million and the person who wrote the story seems to think we are the favorites to get him still despite all the stories yesterday.

Well if it is his agent he obvously does not know our club very well - if he is leaking figures of 4 million then that puts us out of the picture straight away so there would be no bidding war there - now if it was 400.000.00 that would be more realistic for us

Just had some good news, My mate from Newcastle that told me that Patterson was coming on loan just before he did has phoned and said that he has heard that Ameobi is on his way here and talk of the fee and stuff are in advanced stages. He knows quite a few high people in the club and was right last time see post "first loan signing"(dont know how to sticky it here)

Dont want to get to excited yet but he seems to think its as good as done.

What  clause do you think he should have for 15 goals? Cureton got 14 and all he got was loads of stick and the nickname "Barn Door Jamie" [;)]

Just had some good news, My mate from Newcastle that told me that Patterson was coming on loan just before he did has phoned and said that he has heard that Ameobi is on his way here and talk of the fee and stuff are in advanced stages. He knows quite a few high people in the club and was right last time see post "first loan signing"(dont know how to sticky it here)

Please don''t get my hopes up! Even though I know it''s impssible that we could afford him I always (stupidly) take a little bit of hope from these sorts of rumours!!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

Please don''t get my hopes up! Even though I know it''s impssible that we could afford him I always (stupidly) take a little bit of hope from these sorts of rumours!!!

[/quote]

Dont know how we would ever afford it but he seemed sure it was happening, maybe it is in some payment structure based on goals, games and stuff

i''ve even got my eyes crossed, its hard to type

I reckon his days of obscene wages and massive transfer fees are gone, at least for now.  He''ll have to make do with a large transfer fee and disgusting wages until he can prove himself in the championship, at least.  Newcastle are looking to unload him and no-one else has shown a verifiable interest.

I reckon we might actually get him quite cheaply, compared to Premiership numbers.

Interesting

Iwan is god and Delias Devonshire dirtbox may have the same source from Newcastle.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Interesting

Iwan is god and Delias Devonshire dirtbox may have the same source from Newcastle.

[/quote]

Doh... Iwan is God was replying to DDD''s post, just didn''t include the

usual gumph (probably because of a technical "non-matching quotes"

problem that I get on occasion)...[:)]

Yeah, that Shola''s not very good and for the price we can get much better for much cheaper...

What''s that? He''s coming here?

He''s the best thing since sliced bread! Wow, he''s going to set the division alight next season! What a signing, no matter the cost! [:)]

Joking aside, he would be a great asset to us - just a case of whether we can get him at a reasonable fee and not for a small fortune as rumoured with Ipswich.

If it was 2 million now and more on promotion etc, I would have here in a shot. I reckon if he could improve his fitness, he will play well and want to prove people wrong. Remember, GR got some goals and good football out of him before and I don''t think that Shola would have forgotton that, come to think of it, GR would not have forgotton too.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

He''s the best thing since sliced bread! Wow, he''s going to set the division alight next season! What a signing, no matter the cost! [:)]

[/quote]

In the bloody unlikely and remote chance that we do sign him MM, don''t expect a U turn from me on this point ...............I have been known to stick to my guns on some things, rare I know, but I have.............and I will here as well![;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]In the bloody unlikely and remote chance that we do sign him MM, don''t expect a U turn from me on this point ...............I have been known to stick to my guns on some things, rare I know, but I have.............and I will here as well![;)]

[/quote]Link please, lol.   [:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]In the bloody unlikely and remote chance that we do sign him MM, don''t expect a U turn from me on this point ...............I have been known to stick to my guns on some things, rare I know, but I have.............and I will here as well![;)]

[/quote]Link please, lol.   [:D][:D][:D][/quote]

Too many Lapps........Curo, Donkerty, The Board, Squelia Smith, MikeWalker, Darren Huckerby, Darth Doony etc etc etc[:D][:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

In the bloody unlikely and remote chance that we do sign him MM, don''t expect a U turn from me on this point ...............I have been known to stick to my guns on some things, rare I know, but I have.............and I will here as well![;)]

[/quote]

So what''s your opinion on him, Wiz?

Perhaps its a Turner signing, that want the club to succeed, so theyve stumped up the cash to buy him with no conditions, no payback.

Ameobi Deal On The Cards?

By Ricky Bilverstone - 18/06/2008 13:17

Reports from a source close to the club, suggest that Newcastle''s Shola Ameobi could be set for a move to Norwich, in a deal worth around £3.5m

The Nigerian born striker, has been removed from the teams squad list, which makes you think that his future now lays else where.

Earlier this month, Ipswich were said to have been close to clinching a deal for the 26 year old, after claiming that they had had an offer accepted by the North East club, only for other parties to claim that no firm offer had been made.

While the players agent, Steve Denos admitted that Norwich would be an attractive prospect for the player, who would have no worries once again teaming up with former Newcastle and now City boss Glenn Roeder.