Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

NCFC fans stop panicking!

Why are most people on this message board panicking about us signing new players and how much money we have to spend?

In my honest opinion, i feel that the board and the back room staff at the club are doing everything exactly right, and that we will find out soon exactly what is going on.

Everything that has happened so far points to the fact that there is money to spend, and this could have only come from either Mr Cullum or the Turners.  You don''t get rid of the amount of players and staff that Roeder has got rid of if there''s no way of replacing them.  Our boad are top notch when it comes to secretivity and playing their cards close to their chest.  I hope i''m right, but i think there has been a cash injection into the transfer budget and the board are keeping things as quiet as possible so other clubs don''t start bumping up transfer fee''s of players just because we have money.

We are all true fans on here, and if you had millions or billions of pounds and were truly passionate about your football club what would you do with some of that money?  Exactly! 

So why on earth woouldn''t Mr Cullum or the Turners have stumped up cash for us to spend. 

Mark my words, there is money to spend, and a substantial amount, but our board are playing it clever as usual, by keeping it between themselves.

Hope i''m right!

What do you guys think?

Well it''s just a waiting game at the moment, I''ll give my opinion of how successful the summer has been with regards to signings when the window actually closes. You seem quite confident that money has come into the club though?

[quote user="crabman84"]

Why are most people on this message board panicking about us signing new players and how much money we have to spend?

In my honest opinion, i feel that the board and the back room staff at the club are doing everything exactly right, and that we will find out soon exactly what is going on.

Everything that has happened so far points to the fact that there is money to spend, and this could have only come from either Mr Cullum or the Turners.  You don''t get rid of the amount of players and staff that Roeder has got rid of if there''s no way of replacing them.  Our boad are top notch when it comes to secretivity and playing their cards close to their chest.  I hope i''m right, but i think there has been a cash injection into the transfer budget and the board are keeping things as quiet as possible so other clubs don''t start bumping up transfer fee''s of players just because we have money.

We are all true fans on here, and if you had millions or billions of pounds and were truly passionate about your football club what would you do with some of that money?  Exactly! 

So why on earth woouldn''t Mr Cullum or the Turners have stumped up cash for us to spend. 

Mark my words, there is money to spend, and a substantial amount, but our board are playing it clever as usual, by keeping it between themselves.

Hope i''m right!

What do you guys think?

[/quote]

crabman, do you watch My Name Is Earl? or is there another reason behind your name.

My Name Is Earl is the greatest show ever [:D] just wondering lol...

[quote user="crabman84"]

Hope i''m right!

What do you guys think?

[/quote]

What evidence have you seen to support this statement?

It''s the same as last year, lots of rumours of big bids but nothing ever materialises. We continually "threaten" to spend big but we never actually pay out more than peanuts.

Call me cynical, but I won''t believe any of this stuff until it happens.

I hope your analysis is right Crabman, but at the moment I see it as no more than wishful thinking.

Hi Ricardo, you are correct, it is wishful thinking on my part!  But i''m just trying to piece together all what has happened in the last few months and at the moment, and it is pointing towards us having a bit of money to spend.  Last season was almost as if the board said to Glen "Right, work on a show string, pull what ever strings you can together to keep us up, and you''ll get money to spend once you have done that in the summer".  It just adds up, but only time is going to tell. 

But I think once July 1st gets here there are going to be several transfers which were completed a while ago be made official to the public and press.  Say for example, Norwich have offered £2.5m for Ched Evans, and a deal is done, Norwich could have easily said to Manchester City, can you keep the deal under wraps until 1st July.  This was no clubs are thinking wow!  Norwich have money to spend, if they coem in for one of our players we''ll boost the price up a bit! 

I feel once July get''s here, we''ll see the likes of Gorks, Hoolahan, Bell etc unveiled.

I really am not very keen on Andy Cole joining us though! 

Who ever said about my name is earl being the best programme on TV is 100% correct!  Totally quality show, and yes my user name is linked with Darnell''s!  lol

Dont really see where the signings of Hoolahan,Gorkss and Bell show we have money to spend , the 3 combined would only cost around £750,000 , in fact everything so far points to us having very little to spend .

Just take a look at where we have gone in the last 3 years with all our wonderful cheap and free signings , you get what you pay for simple as that really unless you strike it very lucky which we never seem to do . Yes Clingan was free but there is absolutely nothing to suggest hes anything more than an average league 1 midfielder. And i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with the 2 players with ridiculously low release clauses just that it does NOT prove we have money to spend , signing a £2 million pound striker and another 2 or 3 players for around the million mark would do that , buying cheap and free rather suggests we have very little to spend .

am I right in thinking pen to paper cannot actually happen until July 1st?If this is true, let''s all sit tight and then see............

Why should I stop picnicking? If it''s a lovely day tomorrow, I may have a picnic at Whitlingham Lake.....Near the man-made beach, very nice.

[quote user="crabman84"]

Say for example, Norwich have offered £2.5m for Ched Evans, and a deal is done, Norwich could have easily said to Manchester City, can you keep the deal under wraps until 1st July.  This was no clubs are thinking wow!  Norwich have money to spend, if they coem in for one of our players we''ll boost the price up a bit! 

[/quote]

I am not saying you are wrong, but a factor than works against this sort of theory must be the role of player''s agents these days.  So many players have the same agents that I cant help but think the word would sneak out if a club had money in such a situation as you describe.  Afterall the bigger the fee the greater the slice for the agent so they have a vested interest in cranking up the price.  Agents also talk to each other.

I remain optimistic that deals will be announced soon and that we have a modest (rather than tiny) budget that Roeder will use to best effect.  When you listen to what he says in interviews he just seems very confident that he is going to get the majority of his targets, I dont think he is that good a bluffer. 

Another couple of weeks without signings though and I must confess I will be joining the ranks of the decidely nervous though.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"] ........ Yes Clingan was free but there is absolutely nothing to suggest hes anything more than an average league 1 midfielder  ...........[/quote]I would suggest that being a player held in high esteem by the majority of the supporters of a team automatically promoted from league 1 must place him way above the average for that league.