Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Holland V Russia

[quote user="jetstream"]So much for the "young and inexperienced" Russians - d''oh! As for names that make you smirk (in a childish fashion) what about Arshavin and Zhirkov?[/quote]

Arshavin? I''d stubble to pronounce that......

Zhirkov? I thought he was going to be pulled off....

[quote user="Canary Chris"]

What do we reckon for this one then? Personally I can see Mr Hiddink''s Russia taking it to ET - well organised, starting to peak, Holland may have already peaked and as we have seen with Portugal and Croatia who have rested players it is not so easy to get back in to the swing of things.

Therefore I am going for a draw, and anything can happen in ET/Pens.

[/quote]

Wow - i am better than Mark Larwenson/Alan Shearer/ Andy Townsend/ Martin O neill :-)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="jetstream"]So much for the "young and inexperienced" Russians - d''oh! As for names that make you smirk (in a childish fashion) what about Arshavin and Zhirkov?[/quote]

Arshavin? I''d stubble to pronounce that......

Zhirkov? I thought he was going to be pulled off....

[/quote]

Whoever said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit had clearly never heard of puns.

(I laughed though....I''m big enough to admit it)

i think russia deserved in the end. if van nistelrooy had converted the swinging cross i think it would have been a diff story.

ok so turkey to beat germany spain to beat italy, spain to beat russia.

sorry that didnt make full sense but basically spain to win the comp for me...

[quote user="C.T"]all of my mates thought Holland would win the EURO''s and laughed at me when I said Spain [:D]

Well done Russia but you''ve lost the semis already!!
[/quote]

You don''t learn do you... it''s dangerous to write anyone off at this tournament [;)]

Wouldn''t be surprised if Russia won the thing but they look a tad suspect at set pieces. Other than that they were fantastic. They''ll give Spain or Italy a real game in the semi-final.

To be honest any of the 5 remaining teams could win the tournament. Turkey keep surprisng everyoneGermany - full of quality Russia- a young team with a great manager full of experience Spain -COME ON SPAIN - two great strikers with a great supporting midfieldItaly- seem to nick results

Well of course any of the remaining teams could win.Italy will though.[;)]

People please, Germany will win, mark my words!!!! By the way, suddenly I realise just how hard our original qualifying group was, when you consider the Croatians beat Germany and the Russians have now beaten Holland. We''re probably in the second tier within Europe now, talent-wise. 

[quote user="LQ"]Well of course any of the remaining teams could win.

Italy will though.

[;)]
[/quote]

Again, I must disagree! Spain to beat Italy 3-1

Villa x2 and Torres 1

For Italy? Some Italian guy!!

[quote user="Caaanary"]People please, Germany will win, mark my words!!!! By the way, suddenly I realise just how hard our original qualifying group was, when you consider the Croatians beat Germany and the Russians have now beaten Holland. We''re probably in the second tier within Europe now, talent-wise. [/quote]

Sad really isn''t it?

That''s you off my Christmas card list then Shazza!

One problem Russia have now is the players suspended for the Semi, cannot remember who they are but sure it was at least 2 or 3 got second bookings, and would wonder how good their replacements would be.  But you cant write them off.

Hate to say it but i can see a Germany-Italy final now, would like Spain to prove me wrong though.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]

One problem Russia have now is the players suspended for the Semi, cannot remember who they are but sure it was at least 2 or 3 got second bookings, and would wonder how good their replacements would be.  But you cant write them off.

[/quote]Aaaarrrrggghhhh! Is there anyone I can write off.I''ve already been told I can''t write Turkey off because of their recent comebacks but they''re playing Germany and...erm....you can''t write off the Germans. Now you''re telling me I can''t write off Russia either. Are you serious!!!!!!!I NEED TO WRITE SOMEBODY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]

[/quote]

Aaaarrrrggghhhh! Is there anyone I can write off.

I''ve already been told I can''t write Turkey off because of their recent comebacks but they''re playing Germany and...erm....you can''t write off the Germans. Now you''re telling me I can''t write off Russia either. Are you serious!!!!!!!

I NEED TO WRITE SOMEBODY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)]
[/quote]

Then write 1st Wizard off. None of his posts have produced a positive result yet.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Caaanary"]People please, Germany will win, mark my words!!!! By the way, suddenly I realise just how hard our original qualifying group was, when you consider the Croatians beat Germany and the Russians have now beaten Holland. We''re probably in the second tier within Europe now, talent-wise. [/quote]

Sad really isn''t it?

[/quote]

I must disagree. England clearly outplayed Russia in England and most of the time in Russia where it took a wrongly awarded penalty to get them back in the game. If it wasn''t for England''s blunders they should not even be playing now.

Russia look like a class act when Arshavin is playing, think we could see him in the prem next season.

Also another little fact for people, Turkey have only been winning in games for 8minutes during the whole tornament

This is where Roeder and the board have been hiding all our money...

I have heard that Roeder has lined up a triple swoop for Arshavin, Pavluchenko and Kolodin to join us as soon as the Eropean Championships have finished... [8-|]