Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Doherty!

I firmly expect that Doherty has been offered a short-term contract with a bit of a wage cut too - he doesn''t seem to be in Roeder''s long term plans. However, our squad is so thin Glen can''t really expect to get in too many players for a fee, so that''s why I think he''s offered Doherty such a contract (I could be wrong though).I think Doc is 26/27 - so he really needs longer than 1/2 years. Perhaps this is why "negotiations" appear to have stalled?

[quote user="im a cat"][quote user="TwoSheds"]Sign your contract or sod off![/quote]

here here
[/quote]I think I''d prefer it if he went for the second option which because he''s taking so long I suspect will be the case.

lol like he has the god given right (no pun intended vicar), he''s not getting younger, he''s not a class player and if he doesn''t like what he''s offered he should bog off  [:D]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="TwoSheds"]Sign your contract or sod off![/quote]

No.............just sod off.

[/quote]

[H]

He must be on Premiership wages, around the 10k mark. Too much for the champ and someone of his quality. I would have him to stay ut on reduced terms.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]or maybe- like us- he is waiting to see the club''s ambition by its signings[/quote]

I doubt it, cos if we sign one, maybe two half decent CBs then he wouldnt be playing anyway.  I think he is waiting for other offers, and if nothing good materialises he will sign for us for another year.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="im a cat"][quote user="TwoSheds"]Sign your contract or sod off![/quote]here here[/quote]I think I''d prefer it if he went for the second option which because he''s taking so long I suspect will be the case.[/quote]i was just agreeing that hes taken his sweet time in making a decision. hes should stop fannying about and make a b-line for the exit, PROMPTLY.

i agree wholely. after doc''s ''rugby tackle'' penalty/sending off and curetons endless open goal misses, i think they should both get lost and that we should pay out some cash for some quaulity in front of goal i.e paterson and maybe amoebi /carrol.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Your not a cat your an owl.[/quote]no no theres definately only paw marks on my keyboard, no feathers in sight. [:)]

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]or maybe- like us- he is waiting to see the club''s ambition by its signings[/quote]

spot on.. i cant see how anyone can argue this point!

jas :)