BlyBlyBabes

Andy Cole anyone?

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Greg Sayer"]

don`t think there is any comparison

a 38 yr old DD or 36yr old cole

i`d have DD anytime, just a better alround guy

[/quote]

...or a 32 year old Hucks...

[/quote]Wonder where Huck''s season ticket seat is?  I''m hoping for Barclay end, block E near the front personally.  :)  Reckon he might get a few offers of a pint at half time!!!!  Oh huckerby.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Statistics are a bit deceiving - he scored a hat trick against QPR.[/quote]

I good point i raised to my m8 who supports burnley, and he replied that he plays behind the front man now, and is an awesome playmaker, who can get forward and contribute with goals. Sounds like what dion was doing at us last year, says his linkup play was excellent, and clearly the only thing he has lost is his pace and agility... still not sure myself tho, i don''t think he''d get anywhere near 1 in 2 for us, but he could be the perfect foil for someone that would by the sounds of it, and like people say, i was put off when dion joined us, but how wrong were we! He was the brains behind most of our good attacking moves.

Stick Cole up there with a good young agile striker, and 2 attacking minded wingers, and i think there could be something in this

my only concern is that he''s been a bit off the pace for a couple of seasons and take away a hatrick against qpr and his strike rate in the championship isn''t to good, he failed to shine at brum last year either.Of course he does have talent and experience on his side and could work well if partnered up with a younger target man in the ched evans mould.

I

[quote user=" Desi Rascall"]

my only concern is that he''s been a bit off the pace for a couple of seasons and take away a hatrick against qpr and his strike rate in the championship isn''t to good, he failed to shine at brum last year either.Of course he does have talent and experience on his side and could work well if partnered up with a younger target man in the ched evans mould.

I

[/quote]

Oh No! He''s a striker and scored a hat-trick!! Disaster!

He''s also the 2nd highest scorer in Premier League history and scored FIVE past Ipswich. Sounds ideal to me.

this has to be a wind up!! if hucks is not good enough for us at 31 then how the hell can we be contemplating signing cole who has been dogged by injuries over the last few years. if this happens we will truly have become a laughing stock. cole for huckerby NO BLOODY THANKS.

IMO he''d be able to do a job for us.  The truth is that, per the Burnley website he only started 8 games for them (+5 sub apps), scoring 6 - not a bad return.  They thought enough of him to offer a contract which was turned down.  I''m not saying that means he is great, but clearly those he was playing for last season consider him still good enough at this level so he''d be worth a punt.

[quote user="baldyboy"]this has to be a wind up!! if hucks is not good enough for us at 31 then how the hell can we be contemplating signing cole who has been dogged by injuries over the last few years. if this happens we will truly have become a laughing stock. cole for huckerby NO BLOODY THANKS.[/quote]

Age is irrelevant.  I''m pretty sure Hucks himself last season had talked about packing it in after only 1 to 2 more seasons - the simple fact is that he has a chronic hip injury and has had a battering from defenders for years, so things have caught up with him perhaps more than Cole who has played as an out and out striker.

And, why would signing Cole make us a laughing stock?  Roy Keane signed him for Sunderland at the start of last season - I saw no one laughing, and that was for a Prem side.  Burnley took him on loan and he did well enough (6 in 13 apps per their website) that they offered a contract - I saw no one laughing at that either.  IMO you really don''t know what you are talking about.

He is years past his best and we are only interested because hes FREE , would be a terrible signing , have you ever disagreed with anything this club has ever done Branston ? i really beleve if we signed Mickey Mouse on a 10 year deal you would find a positive in  it and stick up for the club .

[/quote]

[/quote]

...or a 39 year old Iwan Roberts

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He is years past his best and we are only interested because hes FREE , would be a terrible signing , have you ever disagreed with anything this club has ever done Branston ? i really beleve if we signed Mickey Mouse on a 10 year deal you would find a positive in  it and stick up for the club .
[/quote]

Is there any evidence whatsoever that we are interested in signing Cole[:^)] Where does all this come from[:^)]

I am always prepared to be surprised by something our club does but I would be amazed if Roeder made this signing[:O] What in Roeders past record makes you think he would be interested in signing Andy Cole [:^)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Point taken!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He is years past his best and we are only interested because hes FREE , would be a terrible signing , have you ever disagreed with anything this club has ever done Branston ? i really beleve if we signed Mickey Mouse on a 10 year deal you would find a positive in  it and stick up for the club .
[/quote]

Oh, I do apologise for sometimes having a positive outlook - I forgot that to post on here you had to be a suicidal miserable git who could only see the negative in things.  I''ve criticised the club plenty of times and will continue to do so, when it is appropriate, and not just for the sake of it as with some people.

But I just don''t agree that Cole is a spent force, and am not sure why you do.  Age is only partly relevant in these things - Sheringham was still playing at 40+ (albeit not often), Kevin Phillips was one of the best strikers in the division and is almost the same age as Cole....are you saying you wouldn''t want him in our side? 

And besides, I''ve heard that Mickey Mouse is a pretty decent c/b and we are crying out for one - perhaps a season long deal rather than a 10 year contract....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

And besides, I''ve heard that Mickey Mouse is a pretty decent c/b and we are crying out for one - perhaps a season long deal rather than a 10 year contract....

[/quote]

Mickey was apparently seen in asda earlier today!!!