Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

Are The Smith's about to go?

We all know The Smiths only likes to hear and be about when there''s good news. But for weeks now as others have said The Smith''s deafening silence on every thing that''s happen at Carrow Rd is very strange.

I was just wondering is this the prelude to The Smith''s bowing out of Carrow Rd?

Are The Turners going to take over now full time but want all the dead wood or the unwanted kicked out before the sign on the doted line?

It''s just a thought, I maybe way off the mark but their total silence is unprecedented at this time of upheaval at Carrow Rd.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

This season is no different to many others with the Smith''s on the board at NCFC.

I know people are getting frustrated at the fact there seems to be nothing happening, but who knows what''s going on behind the scenes.  IMHO I can''t see either Delia or MWJ bowing out yet.

The Turners have given us a loan, nothing else.......and IMO they won''t be stumping up. We need a wealthy investor

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

This season is no different to many others with the Smith''s on the board at NCFC.

I know people are getting frustrated at the fact there seems to be nothing happening, but who knows what''s going on behind the scenes.  IMHO I can''t see either Delia or MWJ bowing out yet.

[/quote]

Bow wowwwwwwwwww!

There must be lots and lots going on behind the scenes that the lumpen know nothing about. But there again its her club these days so you just have to put up with what little they care to tell you from that lots and lots thats going on behind the scenes.

Talk about blind faith.

Wow.

You''ve got em blinded with your celebrity Deals. Gotta hand it to yer.

OTBC

I am not sure whether the Smiths are about to move aside but whether it has come from the Smiths/Turners or associates I am not sure but I have been told from a reliable source that our transfer kitty is pleasantly larger than everyone thinks, and that things will get moving very quickly shortly.  Good things come to those that wait......

Actually The Smiths went in 1987. If you''re interested Morrissey still does some great solo work and if you se him live he still does a few Smiths numbers. Alas it''s Smith and Jones.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

I am not sure whether the Smiths are about to move aside but whether it has come from the Smiths/Turners or associates I am not sure but I have been told from a reliable source that our transfer kitty is pleasantly larger than everyone thinks, and that things will get moving very quickly shortly.  Good things come to those that wait......

[/quote]Up to now there''s been more ''reliable sources'' than City have full time employees [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Bow wowwwwwwwwww!

There must be lots and lots going on behind the scenes that the lumpen know nothing about. But there again its her club these days so you just have to put up with what little they care to tell you from that lots and lots thats going on behind the scenes.

Talk about blind faith.

Wow.

You''ve got em blinded with your celebrity Deals. Gotta hand it to yer.

OTBC

[/quote]

Blind faith I really don''t think so. 

Besides which it seems I might just be right about things going on behind the scenes, having read GR''s bit on the official website this morning.

[:)]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]The Turners have given us a loan, nothing else.......and IMO they won''t be stumping up. We need a wealthy investor
[/quote]

Thank God you haven''t bought into this Turners saviours crap ROB, sanity prevails!...........

Clearly the Turners will not be putting more money in at present if at all in the future. Their loan was from their company which brokerages mortgages , second loans etc. and then takes a fee.With mortgage approvals down 60% and banks viewing second loans as toxic poison I guess the Turners income has taken a huge nose dive.

[quote user="Cambridge Canary"] I guess the Turners income has taken a huge nose dive.[/quote]

If that is really the case Cambridge, then they are of no bloody use to us and should resign!.

[quote user="Cambridge Canary"]Clearly the Turners will not be putting more money in at present if at all in the future. Their loan was from their company which brokerages mortgages , second loans etc. and then takes a fee.With mortgage approvals down 60% and banks viewing second loans as toxic poison I guess the Turners income has taken a huge nose dive.[/quote]

As a matter of interest Cambridge, if the Turners got into really dire financial trouble could they recall the loan at short notice? 

The terms of the loan are as follows (2007 Annual Report p.41): "The loan advanced by Central Trust PLC is interest free and due for repayment on the earlier of 18 May 2017, promotion to the Premier League or Ms D A Smith and E M S Wynn Jones ceasing between them to be the registered holders of at least 30% of the ordinary share capital of the company."

agreed with some of the points here.. just what are the Turners bringing to this football club.

apart from being Delias pals (to keep it with Rioch, Hamilton, Worthy and Grant.. who were also all Delias pals) they do not appear to be offering funds or further loans to the football club.

I guess the more friends Delia has on board the harder it is for people to oust her.. Closed ranks etc...

jas :)

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I''d like to think that they are about to sell up, but I would be prepared to bet a considerable sum of money that no such thought has crossed their minds at present.[/quote]

In case you thought it couldn''t get any worse, the bad news is that if D&M did sell up the club would be liable to repay the Turners'' £2m loan straight away.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

[/quote]

And I have a feeling that you just may be right, mate, may be blind optimism, but I think we may be spending in the region of 4 mill, not a fortune in this division, but probably the best we can hope for. I think Earnie was out of our league because that would have been too much of the kitty on one player, however being 6 points adrift at the bottom may just have had the effect of making one or two people wake up...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Cambridge Canary"] I guess the Turners income has taken a huge nose dive.[/quote]

If that is really the case Cambridge, then they are of no bloody use to us and should resign!.

[/quote]The Turners are all about making money for themselves.  They gave the loan as a way of affliating themselves with a family club and hence getting some free advertising.  People should be questioning the likes of them and other complanies about their immoral lending to those who can least afford it in society, not willing them to join forces with NCFC.  Go away Turners,.

No,I don''t think so or it would have been stated in the note to the accounts. If the Smiths do sell then one would hope a new investor would take the £2mn repayment to the Turners in his calculations for future cashflow. Of course it does mean £2mn less going in to the club unless the Turners do a Geoffrey Watling ( god bless him) and waive the loan.

Fat Prophet wrote......

"In case you thought it couldn''t get any worse, the bad news is that if D&M did sell up the club would be liable to repay the Turners'' £2m loan straight away."

How to make a crisis from a drama FP !  It''s true that the £2m loan would become payable immediately if they sold up but there are only two alternatives. Either the Turners buy them out, in which case they certainly wouldn''t take their money out of a business that they had just invested in, or an outside investor bought out Delia and Michael and in all probability, would buy out the Turners too. In this event, the new investor would probably want total control so he would re-imburse the £2m to the Turners.

Either way, I don''t see it as "bad news" in fact surely it would be good news to all those on here who call for D and M to sell up !

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Fat Prophet wrote......

"In case you thought it couldn''t get any worse, the bad news is that if D&M did sell up the club would be liable to repay the Turners'' £2m loan straight away."

How to make a crisis from a drama FP !  It''s true that the £2m loan would become payable immediately if they sold up but there are only two alternatives. Either the Turners buy them out, in which case they certainly wouldn''t take their money out of a business that they had just invested in, or an outside investor bought out Delia and Michael and in all probability, would buy out the Turners too. In this event, the new investor would probably want total control so he would re-imburse the £2m to the Turners.

Either way, I don''t see it as "bad news" in fact surely it would be good news to all those on here who call for D and M to sell up !

[/quote]

How to defend the indefensible Lappin!  Surely it would tend to deter potential investors, so how can it possibly be good news?  

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Fat Prophet wrote......

[/quote]How to defend the indefensible Lappin!  Surely it would tend to deter potential investors, so how can it possibly be good news?  [/quote]Unlike Ipswich who were insolvent at the time of their takeover by Evans (hence £12m), any investor wishing to buy out NCFC would have to cough up a multi-million fee so a £2m loan would be small fry in comparison.

I don''t think now someone from out side would buy The Smiths & The Turners out, manly because of the failed land & road deal the club took on. With the present credit crunch & stagnant house market the land etc is a very costly mill stone round the clubs neck. Its going to be The Turners club or we stay as we are. The Smiths may say something on the turmoil at the club when they think the dust has settled, only time will tell.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

the Smiths have to retire from the board in a few years with no re election.. i wonder what will happen then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the Smiths have to retire from the board in a few years with no re election.. i wonder what will happen then?

[/quote]I think they can still own their shares though jas.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Fat Prophet wrote......

[/quote]How to defend the indefensible Lappin!  Surely it would tend to deter potential investors, so how can it possibly be good news?  [/quote]Unlike Ipswich who were insolvent at the time of their takeover by Evans (hence £12m), any investor wishing to buy out NCFC would have to cough up a multi-million fee so a £2m loan would be small fry in comparison.

[/quote]

Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them. 

[quote]Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them.[/quote]

Would you actually rather be in Ips- er, their boat FP ?  Sold your club for a handful of beans and a midfielder from Plymouth to an arms dealer ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them.[/quote]

Would you actually rather be in Ips- er, their boat FP ?  Sold your club for a handful of beans and a midfielder from Plymouth to an arms dealer ?

[/quote]

No blah, I''d rather be where Hull are . . .

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

No blah, I''d rather be where Hull are . . .

[/quote]

FP, that''s because you want what someone else has today, not showing the least interest in what their overall performance has been in the English football ranking over a period of time. For example, over the past ten seasons Hull''s performance versus NCFC does not stand up very well. On average, during that span, Norwich has ranked 29th in the ranking of English football clubs  ( or 9th in the Championship ) while Hull''s ranking has averaged 62nd ( near the foot of the third level ). Many of Hulls season were spent competing in the fourth level against clubs like Scarborough, Barnet, Halifax, Exeter and the like. I realise this kind of comment or perspective does not weigh too kindly with observers such as yourself, however, it is  statement of fact and, more importantly, it is analogous to those that have enjoyed over time a higher standard of living and want to complain about it, because someone who has been relatively poor just recently got rich.  

Hull will now have their day in the sun but, if I were a betting man making a wager on the next ten seasons, I would rather place my money on Norwich achieving a better level than Hull.  

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Fat Prophet wrote......

[/quote]How to defend the indefensible Lappin!  Surely it would tend to deter potential investors, so how can it possibly be good news?  [/quote]Unlike Ipswich who were insolvent at the time of their takeover by Evans (hence £12m), any investor wishing to buy out NCFC would have to cough up a multi-million fee so a £2m loan would be small fry in comparison.[/quote]

Amazing how the board supporters are all for "prudence" but are able to disregard a couple of million when it suits them. [/quote]I think if you looked through this whole site you would not find one post calling for "prudence" and I didn''t "disregard" £2m either. My, you do have a way with words FP !

What I did say was that if a new buyer came in for NCFC, he would have to buy D&Ms shares, Carrow Rd and all that entails i.e stadium, restaurants,bars, land etc, Colney, Players contracts and transfer values, the list is endless and the total cost would run into many millions of pounds. So, my point was, in that context an extra £2m wouldn''t affect a sale in any way.

As a matter of interest, how much do you think that lot would cost ? My guess is well in excess of £100m !

So what this tells us is that allowing for depreciation on the lump sum invested in this £2m loan, the Turners have managed to purchase two seats on the Board of our Club for ten years at a total of say £60 grand a year per seat?* Take off the tax they''ll be reclaiming and we''re looking at about £36,000 pa net for a seat on the Board of NCFC.At these type of prices why dont they just put a glass front across the South stand and make it into a huge Directors box with "ultra"season tickets freely available at just £40k a pop? They could sell these tickets using slogans like "Boot, Croute and vote if you''ve got the loot!" and  the Norwich "Ultras" could from time to time taunt the other fans in the crowd by shouting "Don''t forget to vote" at them through the specially provided tannoy system. Yeah........ And being Directors they''d be allowed to drink as well.......and the food would be fabulous and you''d get executive toilets too, and a car park space on Matchdays. That''d sort out the real fans from the chaff and sort our transfer budget out too!!Might make for some very interesting Board meetings as well, the TV rights to which could well run into millions as a sort of reality show on Sky.Yep this is definitely the way forwards to fix our financial woes* I know somebody will take issue so I''ve reached this figure by using freely available information and assuming the lump sum is invested in a deposit bearing an annual interest rate of 6% for each of the next ten years. They''ll still have their 2 mill in 2017 it''s just the interest they''re missing out on.