Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Why are we so slow..................

when it comes to signing new players? Because of this we are letting other teams come into the picture, which increases their price etc. Kasper Gorkss for example, was reported weeks ago we were interested in him and now there is 4 other teams who want him. And all this Hoolahan business! Have we signed him or not! Whats the big secret if we have? Why are we the paying customers being kept in the dark?

Maybe Roeder dosn''t wanna spk about his targets so he can nab them under the radar? Afterall we don''t know what''s happening behind the scenes??

Er, perhaps you can point me in the direction of all these other clubs who are signing the players we are after.....it seems that the truth of the matter is that practically no one has moved club yet. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Er, perhaps you can point me in the direction of all these other clubs who are signing the players we are after.....it seems that the truth of the matter is that practically no one has moved club yet. [/quote]Everyone is skint... well except Ronaldo.

dude you only need to check the latest transfers to see that our division clubs have been more then active...with Blackpool also signing a defender, Nots Forest sign Earnshaw, and more then a few others happening. And us? come on...the whole nation knows we after Hoolahan and a few others...so you tell me what the hold up is? maybe he likes to wait cause he likes a bidding war? Doubt it....more like he aint got the ''belones'' to buy without the approval of the chef!!

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Maybe Roeder dosn''t wanna spk about his targets so he can nab them under the radar? Afterall we don''t know what''s happening behind the scenes??

[/quote]

Exactly, I just wish people would stop speculating what we have and haven''t got money wise.  It has been said he wants to have all players in for pre-season, so that''s not too much longer to wait, why can''t everyone be a little more patient. [:)]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dude you only need to check the latest transfers to see that our division clubs have been more then active...with Blackpool also signing a defender, Nots Forest sign Earnshaw, and more then a few others happening. And us? come on...the whole nation knows we after Hoolahan and a few others...so you tell me what the hold up is? maybe he likes to wait cause he likes a bidding war? Doubt it....more like he aint got the ''belones'' to buy without the approval of the chef!![/quote]Tell me again how many clubs are in the Championship ... ?!?!24.And how many have signed players?.........

You are right that there has been some activity, but certainly not a lot.  Of course we don''t want to miss out, but until players that we are after start going elsewhere imo there isn''t too much cause for concern - and if the rumours are to be believed it could be that we have all-but signed a couple already (eg Hoolahan).  I find it impossible to believe for one minute that Roeder would have let so many players leave if he didn''t have some replacements already lined up.  That would just be far too concerning to contemplate.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dude its simple...we''re broke!![/quote]

What about:

£1.3m re Green / McKenzie transfers - part collected last summer and presumably the rest to be collected this summer

£0.6m surplus re Jan 08 transfers

£0.5m if its 20% of the profit should Lewis move to Everton for £3m

thats before the owners (shareholders) of this entertainment business put any cash in.

In addition thats also before the Earnshaw and Etuhu transfer monies being added to the transfer budget.

Its always been the same, we never have put all the money back in to the transfer kitty, remember the chase days.

When we sold Ashton only 1/2 the money went into new players(Earnshaw)

after we sold McKenzie & Green went we only signed croft for £600k

Roeder has said on many occasions that he has identified his targets and the board has approved his spending plans. He presumably will announce them after holidays when the contracts are finalised.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Roeder has said on many occasions that he has identified his targets and the board has approved his spending plans. He presumably will announce them after holidays when the contracts are finalised.

[/quote]That''s assuming the ''spending plans'' are in line with the owner clubs valuation of their players, and said players don''t get sold whilst we procrastinate.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[/quote]

Oh. I see.

OTBC

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[/quote]

Oh. I see.

I feel nice and comfy now.

OTBC

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dude its simple...we''re broke!![/quote]

hahaha nail hit, head, firmly... lol

Our situation is completely different from the other teams in this league. We only have HALF a team. Most of the teams will only be looking to bring in 2 or 3 new players. We need about 12!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Our situation is completely different from the other teams in this league. We only have HALF a team. Most of the teams will only be looking to bring in 2 or 3 new players. We need about 12!!!!!!!!![/quote]Don''t expect to be able to play as a team.  They will need time to gel, I should say about........................3 years, until they are able to play as a team.

"Don''t expect to be able to play as a team.  They will need time to gel, I should say about........................3 years, until they are able to play as a team."

Sorry let me clarify:

Yaaawwwwnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![|-)]

[quote user="colneycanary"]when it comes to signing new players? Because of this we are letting other teams come into the picture, which increases their price etc. Kasper Gorkss for example, was reported weeks ago we were interested in him and now there is 4 other teams who want him. And all this Hoolahan business! Have we signed him or not! Whats the big secret if we have? Why are we the paying customers being kept in the dark?[/quote]

Haha, are you actually joking? What were these players not known until Norwich declared their interest in them then? Is that the case? However funny! If a team wants a player, do you honestly think they will hang around until Norwich are interested? Just because WE want him, that makes every1 else want him does it? And because we are apparantly stalling on the contract etc, this makes it ok for other clubs to say they are interested? All of these rumours are just that....rumours! Nobody from the club have come out and said ''We are signing Hoolahoop on such and such date'' so why is everyone automatically thinking he''s coming, and getting onto the board/manager about it? Do you honestly think the board would hold the transfer information back for a reason? Just to have idiots like you go on at them! If we have signed him, then there is obviously a good reason why we dont know about it yet! Stop getting so impatient....child!

You are not getting my point. We are desperate for players, with so many players being released etc. And we don''t know exactly who Roeder''s targets are especially when Gunn comes out and says so and so is a target and then Roeder says he isn''t. But what i was trying to say is we here we our interested in a player and instead of lets put an offer in for him and get him down here, we wait, and wait, and wait! Sign them up before other teams get involved! We are not striking while the iron is hot! You understand me now child!!!!!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]You are not getting my point. We are desperate for players, with so many players being released etc. And we don''t know exactly who Roeder''s targets are especially when Gunn comes out and says so and so is a target and then Roeder says he isn''t. But what i was trying to say is we here we our interested in a player and instead of lets put an offer in for him and get him down here, we wait, and wait, and wait! Sign them up before other teams get involved! We are not striking while the iron is hot! You understand me now child!!!!!!!![/quote]

But how do you know that those identified targets have not already been contacted? How do you know that they have not already been given the tour of CR and Colney? How do you know that deals have not already been struck? How do you not know that GR will be showing some of his "new" team next week?

Too many questions that can not be answered by the average fan I''m afraid.

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]You are not getting my point. We are desperate for players, with so many players being released etc. And we don''t know exactly who Roeder''s targets are especially when Gunn comes out and says so and so is a target and then Roeder says he isn''t. But what i was trying to say is we here we our interested in a player and instead of lets put an offer in for him and get him down here, we wait, and wait, and wait! Sign them up before other teams get involved! We are not striking while the iron is hot! You understand me now child!!!!!!!![/quote]

But how do you know that those identified targets have not already been contacted? How do you know that they have not already been given the tour of CR and Colney? How do you know that deals have not already been struck? How do you not know that GR will be showing some of his "new" team next week?

Too many questions that can not be answered by the average fan I''m afraid.

[/quote]Are you suggesting a more superior variety, dare I say premium brand fan does have the answer to these questions?