Sign in to follow this  
Steelsilver

Bookies Predicting Norwich Relegation!!!

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="McCanary"]

Have we all forgotten the "3 year plan"  statement GR made. If he is looking to promotion in 3 years time then don`t be surprised at the level of young and cheap players......

( runs for cover)

[/quote]

you''re behind the sofa.....I can see your leg sticking out![;)]
[/quote]

"No longer the national hide and seek champion, McCanary sidled quietly away"..........

[/quote]

Rum-ole-boy stands on podeum and basks in hide and seek glory
[/quote]

Quality!!

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="McCanary"]

Have we all forgotten the "3 year plan"  statement GR made. If he is looking to promotion in 3 years time then don`t be surprised at the level of young and cheap players......

( runs for cover)

[/quote]you''re behind the sofa.....I can see your leg sticking out![;)][/quote]

"No longer the national hide and seek champion, McCanary sidled quietly away"..........

[/quote]Rum-ole-boy stands on podeum and basks in hide and seek glory[/quote]

Quality!!

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="norwichsnewfinest"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]1 mill bet? you wanna put your money where your mouth is...then 1 mill it is...take it?[/quote]

Hahahaha, It''s like being 5 years old again. Bet my Dad could run faster than your Dad!

Moron.

[/quote]

Bet you a million quid he couldn''t.  My Dad is well fast....

[/quote]

TWO Million, Wait no, my Dad is in his late sixties so has probably lost his pace........ Dammit.

[/quote]

he''d still outpace Hartson...

jas :)

[/quote]

Not if there was a hot meat pie on the finishing line for the winner.....

why are the bookies predicting relegation, where does it say norwich are 33/1 to win the league so theyre going to get relehgated, the thing is if ure 33/1 to win the league it means the bookies dont think u have a chance of winning the league, this means that they believe we wont get top spot, but they dont say where they think we will finish, for all we know the bookies might put us at 10/1 for play off, no one knows, untill the bookies release the odds, as for the clear out and and thew l;ack of bidding a higher bid for bell, how much do u think we should pay for a league one player, yeah he may be good but would u rather pay more money for bell and miss out on hoolahan or buy hoolahan and another better player then bell for the price bell would cost,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]why are the bookies predicting relegation, where does it say norwich are 33/1 to win the league so theyre going to get relehgated, the thing is if ure 33/1 to win the league it means the bookies dont think u have a chance of winning the league, this means that they believe we wont get top spot, but they dont say where they think we will finish, for all we know the bookies might put us at 10/1 for play off, no one knows, untill the bookies release the odds, as for the clear out and and thew l;ack of bidding a higher bid for bell, how much do u think we should pay for a league one player, yeah he may be good but would u rather pay more money for bell and miss out on hoolahan or buy hoolahan and another better player then bell for the price bell would cost,[/quote]You''re analysis is spot on but don''t expect an answer from Steelsilver.........he''s boarded up his windows and thrown his pc in the bin I reckon or maybe counting  out a million in cash. I reckon a lot of people will remember this thread for a long time. I''m still waiting for a reply too.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]Bookmakers have placed Norwich City at 33/1 odds of winning the Championship. This relates to City being one of the teams that will be battling for survival at the bottom of the Championship, and as they say....bookies hardly get it wrong. So what can we expect? If what i''m reading into the latest news....all My Roeder is after is free transfers, and players on the cheap. This is exactly in line with what i had already suggested a month or so ago, that City are in finacial crisis and the cuts were done to reduce wages, not to improove and push for promotion. I would suggest the supporters have been decieved and lied to. BS baffles brains....and thats exactly what City have and are trying to do!!![/quote]

Bookies don''t really predict, they let us the punters do that, and then change the odds to suit, u just watch them odds drop if, as many expect we go out an spend £3m or so on some good players. People will start to back us, and then the odds will go down. All 33-1 suggests to me is, while i''m wary of betting on things i''m biased towards, it might be worth a punt! I don''t think we''re a million miles away from where we were in 04/05

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="norwichsnewfinest"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]1 mill bet? you wanna put your money where your mouth is...then 1 mill it is...take it?[/quote]

Hahahaha, It''s like being 5 years old again. Bet my Dad could run faster than your Dad!

Moron.

[/quote]

Bet you a million quid he couldn''t.  My Dad is well fast....

[/quote]

TWO Million, Wait no, my Dad is in his late sixties so has probably lost his pace........ Dammit.

[/quote]

he''d still outpace Hartson...

jas :)

[/quote]

Not if there was a hot meat pie on the finishing line for the winner.....

[/quote]

Hmmmm, I know he is partial to the odd meat pie on Matchdays. Could be interesting. Looks like we could be setting up a seperate ''Dads Race'' thread.........

dudes it was that idiot wanted me to make a bet...i did...he told me to put my money where my mouth was...i did...if he don''t wanna accept the bet...then don''t aggro me about it.

heard on radio broadland this a/m that city were 7-1 (from memory) to be relegated with william hill.  so sure, in terms of spending power - we are probably less competitive in this league than for the last 4 years at least, cos obviously there''s no big whispers we''ll have much to spend - else people in the know would be snapping up the ''bargain'' 33-1 for us to be champions.  these crappy odds are something  that very city fan should be concerned about - cos  it looks like  roedy''s budget could be as bad as feared...lets not hope so - ''cos realistically it seems out first goal will be to secure our champs status and push on from there.whether or not you agree with the bookies appraisal - they fix the odds objectively with no room for sentiment - how does it make you feel that NCFC is judged as having a MUCH better chance of relegation to league 1 than promotion to the prem??? sunnyside up???lets hope some of the transfer targets  become fact than the usual ''linked to''  BS..>

fwiw we''re currently second favourites for relegation after Blackpool, followed by Barnsley, Doncaster and Plymouth.  Not good news considering there are three relegation places.

No disrespect to the other four clubs, but how embarrassing is that?

[:$]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dudes it was that idiot wanted me to make a bet...i did...he told me to put my money where my mouth was...i did...if he don''t wanna accept the bet...then don''t aggro me about it.[/quote]

But a million? Hardly a small bet now is it?

Before you retort, I can assure you as someone who earns a good salary but isn''t ''rich'', a million pounds is a ridiculous amount of money for a bet.

Unless you are Bill Gates or Paul Allen.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

fwiw we''re currently second favourites for relegation after Blackpool, followed by Barnsley, Doncaster and Plymouth.  Not good news considering there are three relegation places.

[/quote]

Rumour has it we were 25/1 until a "mystery punter from Stowmarket" piled on a million quid . . . [:D]

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dudes it was that idiot wanted me to make a bet...i did...he told me to put my money where my mouth was...i did...if he don''t wanna accept the bet...then don''t aggro me about it.[/quote]who''s the idiot? Me or Jas?Honestly...speak to your parents about getting some filters or restrict your site access or just re-read the thread in a calm manner. I did say put your money where your mouth is and offered you a serious bet between £100 and £1000 with a third party (not the tuck shop monitor) to hold the cheques. You then blew a gasket as you''d been rumbled because your original post was pure guff.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Rumour has it we were 25/1 until a "mystery punter from Stowmarket" piled on a million quid . . . [:D]

[/quote]Brilliant :-) :-)

[quote user="Steelsilver"]dudes it was that idiot wanted me to make a bet...i did...he told me to put my money where my mouth was...i did...if he don''t wanna accept the bet...then don''t aggro me about it.[/quote]

To be fair it was you who suggested a bet for £1 million, not anyone else ''''DUDE'''' [:)]

Cheers steelsilver for quite possibly the funniest thread I have contributed to.

Nice comeback by the way, is the hole now big enough to hide your shame or are you gonna carry on digging?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Bunny strikes again, any post "pro club" is level headed, whilst the alternative view is not....hop!!, hop!! hop!! 

[/quote]

I would not say that those "level headed" posts at the start of this thread showed any evidence of being pro-board, just putting the OP in his place (as 90% of the posts in this thread do). Now, if you wish to continue following me around this Board then I can post a timetable of when I will be here over the coming weeks?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

"BS baffles brains" - you said it chap!!!

What are you reading into exactly?

You don''t know any more than the rest of us , why not wait rather than be ultra selective with the comments about free transfers etc.

Sorry for sounding ultra positive but jeez the negativity on here at the moment is doing my head in .... no announcements yet doesn''t mean nothing will happen.

OTBC

[/quote]

Fantastic post.

[/quote]

Yep spot on Yellows 49 as usual [Y] arrdee.

Hey Steelsilver.....I forgive you for calling me an idiot. As a way of reconciliation would you like to come to my poker school dude :-)

Since the season ended and the Free Bet stopped for the year, there hasn''t been much reason to post on these boards lately.  However, this thread is priceless.  What kind of idiot refuses a $1000 bet if he thinks he''s right?  Its basically to the point where I''m rooting for the kid to own up that he put up a moronic post and move on.  It''s like watching a car wreck every time he replies-- you don''t want to really see anything horrible but can''t turn away.  

I bet that everyone who was involved in this thread will now use the term ''bet you a million quid'' in the same way that other posters use ''seen in Asda''.  Come on Steel, cheer me up while I sit though Trinny & Susannah (Is it just me or does anyone else find Trinny unusually attractive?)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I bet that everyone who was involved in this thread will now use the term ''bet you a million quid'' in the same way that other posters use ''seen in Asda''.  Come on Steel, cheer me up while I sit though Trinny & Susannah (Is it just me or does anyone else find Trinny unusually attractive?)

[/quote]too true Carlos.........I''m going to include it in my sig. when the dust settles - if it ever does :-)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Will Steelsilver ever post again?

[/quote]

Bet you a million quid he does [G]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Will Steelsilver ever post again?

[/quote]

Bet you a million quid he does [G]

[/quote]

I hope so Nutty, I really hope so....