Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

things were NEVER this bad under Chase

whats going on at this club is crazy, loads of players exiting along with loads of backroom staff, players refusing taking time over new contracts, dire football and a crap youth policy along with a massive loss of money. now im not a fan of robert chase but come on people things were never this bad under chase were they? surely its time for a change at the top in this club before things get worse, not that theycan get much worse, can they?

Isn''t anyone else getting sick and tired of this pessimistic dribble that gets posted here day after day? I can understand why you would worry - if we were in August. But this is May - and some people seem to think that we should already have our squad signed up and ready for next season. It''s ridiculous!

The light will dawn when the freebies start rolling up , no things were never this bad under Chase , but while Delia remains a female and celebrity to boot people will deny the truth.

marshmallow its not pessimistic dribble, explain how you can run a football club with no staff or players, im intrigued. and national express yes we are in transition but can you honestly say the future looks bright, if so again please explain. its easy to slag people off for their views but surely you should both counter the arguments with how things are gonna change.

I''m trying to optimistic because the state of things at the minute worries me, I''m not disputing that, I am just of the persuassion things will start moving when the window opens. If nothing happens then, then I''ll be of the same thought as you. worrying times but surely, surely, things will get better, keep the faith people!

Of course it''s pessimistic dribble - you aren''t giving Roeder et al the chance to make the changes. These things do not and can not happen immediately - yet that''s what you seem to want.

Give Roeder the chance to make the changes. If things have not changed come mid-July, then I''ll be happy to completely agree with your point of view.

There is certainly the potential for things to go belly up if our recruitment doesnt go as the club seems to expect. Equally there is  the potential for the club to sign up all the right people with a winning mentality to lead us to relative success in coming years. I guess the truth is that your view on things at present depends on your outlook in general as we all have very few facts to go on.

Some people will try to predicy whats going to happen but reality is that we dont know. For my part, I cant recalll anything like as big an overhaul as this ever happening, it excites me and until I have facts to go on I''d rather live with hope (even if ends with dissapointment), than grumble in frustration.

We just dont know what will happen so lets keep the faith, keep excited, and keep realistic. Remember the reason we are now making so many changes is due to being at one of the lowest points in history. Under Chase we seemed to undergoe transition of players when we were actually doing pretty well by all accounts.

Am I wrong or were we not hours away from receivership, not just administration, under Chase?  Cant see how we are in as bad a position at the moment, yes there is a lot of recruitment needed, but as RM says above, I like to think this is a good thing!

Roeder will either be the best thing to happen to this club, or by far the worst. Time (which is running out) will tell which camp he is to be in But I will say one thing for him, he is certainly brave!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Isn''t anyone else getting sick and tired of this pessimistic dribble that gets posted here day after day? I can understand why you would worry - if we were in August. But this is May - and some people seem to think that we should already have our squad signed up and ready for next season. It''s ridiculous!

[/quote]

I don''t believe its dribble Marshmellow, I see Reynolds the Physio has now buggered off after being here for 7 years ...............what does he know that we don''t eh?

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED28%20May%202008%2008%3A24%3A39%3A540

[quote user="baldyboy"]marshmallow its not pessimistic dribble, explain how you can run a football club with no staff or players, im intrigued. and national express yes we are in transition but can you honestly say the future looks bright, if so again please explain. its easy to slag people off for their views but surely you should both counter the arguments with how things are gonna change.[/quote]The problem is that things haven''t changed for so long and then all of a sudden when they do people go OTT about it.Worthington and Grant have worked with the same backroom staff (at least mainly) and there were people there from before that period.I don''t think it is a bad thing - to be honest does it even matter if we even know who the kit man is? I mean what does he do other than organise the kit!If the Turners and/or Roeder want their own set up so be it. I think people have to be given a chance and the same people that come on here moaning about our lack of success over the last few years are now also complaining about changes which are being made to try and aid our progression - I am afraid you can not have it both ways.Part of the stagnantation could be down to ethics and opinions that failed to keep us in the premiership - and a lot of people seem to agree on the fact that perhaps it was too cozy or too comfortable. That would suggest that change was needed and more than just the one man and his dog of managers and assistant managers.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Roeder will either be the best thing to happen to this club, or by far the worst. Time (which is running out) will tell which camp he is to be in But I will say one thing for him, he is certainly brave![/quote]I am not sure who this quote is from or if it is word for word accurate but:"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

I don''t believe its dribble Marshmellow, I see Reynolds the Physio has now buggered off after being here for 7 years ...............what does he know that we don''t eh?

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED28%20May%202008%2008%3A24%3A39%3A540

[/quote] 

Reynolds got offered a better job at a bigger club, who can blame him for wanting to physio at one of the biggest clubs in the world?

[quote user="baldyboy"]explain how you can run a football club with no staff or players, .[/quote]

Well seeing as its still may. With no game for 2 and a half months. A good month and a half before pre-season training. And I assume no need for backroom staff. Im sure we can cope fine for now.

Ill get back to you mid-july!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Roeder will either be the best thing to happen to this club, or by far the worst. Time (which is running out) will tell which camp he is to be in But I will say one thing for him, he is certainly brave![/quote]

Couldnt agree more. You certainly cant accuse him of going about this half-heartedly.

Besides supporters wanted change, this is change! (And as mentioned, ill get back to you in mid-july with the verdict on the replacements!)

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He see''s nothing we dont see.  He has the opportunity to work at one of the biggest clubs in England, for one of the best managers in the world and under the tutorship of arguably Britain''s best physiotherapist.  He is merely bettering himself, can you honestly blame him or the club for that!

And with regard to the thread, why oh why did someone have to dredge this old chestnut back up again.

[quote user="baldyboy"]whats going on at this club is crazy, loads of players exiting along with loads of backroom staff, players refusing taking time over new contracts, dire football and a crap youth policy along with a massive loss of money. now im not a fan of robert chase but come on people things were never this bad under chase were they? surely its time for a change at the top in this club before things get worse, not that theycan get much worse, can they?[/quote]

Spot on, Baldy Boy. Some of the forever optimistic sheep will not believe there is anything wrong with Delia''s pathetic regime until we finally end up in League One or Two. I''m beginning to get so that I don''t worry too much what happens to the club, if I did I would sink into a deep unrecoverable depression. Nurse, pass me the Prozac please!

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]whats going on at this club is crazy, loads of players exiting along with loads of backroom staff, players refusing taking time over new contracts, dire football and a crap youth policy along with a massive loss of money. now im not a fan of robert chase but come on people things were never this bad under chase were they? surely its time for a change at the top in this club before things get worse, not that theycan get much worse, can they?[/quote]

Spot on, Baldy Boy. Some of the forever optimistic sheep will not believe there is anything wrong with Delia''s pathetic regime until we finally end up in League One or Two. I''m beginning to get so that I don''t worry too much what happens to the club, if I did I would sink into a deep unrecoverable depression. Nurse, pass me the Prozac please!

[/quote]

Yet another idiot who can''t give the club time to see what happens before making rash, judgemental comments.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

Yet another idiot who can''t give the club time to see what happens before making rash, judgemental comments.

[/quote]

6 months in 2008+
12 months in 2007
12 months in 2006
12 months in 2005
12 months in 2004
12 months in 2003
12 months in 2002
12 months in 2001
12 months in 2000
12 months in 1999
12 months in 1998

= A hell of a lot of time, certainly long enough for some of us to work out there''s something seriously wrong deep within our Club. How much longer do you suggest we wait then before deciding whether or not our Club is going backwards?

Where did our parachute money go would be a good starting point ,Doncaster told us we cannot compete with teams who have these payments , yet who did we sign the 2 seasons we had them ? players like Louis Jean and Pete Thorne .This Board appears to be rotten to the core.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="baldyboy"]marshmallow its not pessimistic dribble, explain how you can run a football club with no staff or players, im intrigued. and national express yes we are in transition but can you honestly say the future looks bright, if so again please explain. its easy to slag people off for their views but surely you should both counter the arguments with how things are gonna change.[/quote]

The problem is that things haven''t changed for so long and then all of a sudden when they do people go OTT about it.

Worthington and Grant have worked with the same backroom staff (at least mainly) and there were people there from before that period.

I don''t think it is a bad thing - to be honest does it even matter if we even know who the kit man is? I mean what does he do other than organise the kit!

If the Turners and/or Roeder want their own set up so be it. I think people have to be given a chance and the same people that come on here moaning about our lack of success over the last few years are now also complaining about changes which are being made to try and aid our progression - I am afraid you can not have it both ways.

Part of the stagnantation could be down to ethics and opinions that failed to keep us in the premiership - and a lot of people seem to agree on the fact that perhaps it was too cozy or too comfortable. That would suggest that change was needed and more than just the one man and his dog of managers and assistant managers.
[/quote]

An excellent post chicken - I can tell you don''t live up to your username LOL [:D] [:D]

Typically though, nobody''s replied to it until now. Change is what''s needed, it''s what''s been needed for a long time and it''s happening whether people like it or not.

Whats needed is good players , you can change the backroom staff as much as you like but if you put out 11 sub standard players every matchday your not going to improve.

[quote user="baldyboy"]marshmallow its not pessimistic dribble, explain how you can run a football club with no staff or players, im intrigued. and national express yes we are in transition but can you honestly say the future looks bright, if so again please explain. its easy to slag people off for their views but surely you should both counter the arguments with how things are gonna change.[/quote]

Its called rebuilding. This should have happened after getting relegated couple of seasons ago. With regards to the backroom staff,  obviously GR thinks their not up to the job.

[quote user="Percy Negative"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6 months in 2008+
12 months in 2007
12 months in 2006
12 months in 2005
12 months in 2004
12 months in 2003
12 months in 2002
12 months in 2001
12 months in 2000
12 months in 1999
12 months in 1998

= A hell of a lot of time, certainly long enough for some of us to work out there''s something seriously wrong deep within our Club. How much longer do you suggest we wait then before deciding whether or not our Club is going backwards?

[/quote]

Well for quite a chunk of this time we were a) making the play off final, b) winning this division at a stroll and c) making a close run thing of surviving in the Premiership.

So, do you have a point, or were you just explaining to us lesser mortals that there were 12 months in each of these years?!?!   

So we were going backwards when we won the league? Or when we were in the Premiership? Give it a rest guys - if it doesn''t happen exactly as you want it to happen, then it''s doom and gloom according to you.

I''m saying we should give Roeder the time to complete the changes he''s started. If it remains as it is with no major additions made, then whinge away. He''ll have deserved it. But I don''t think he would have undertaken such radical reforms without being confident of being able to complete them.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]He does have the slight problem of having marshmallow for brains, though, Percy Negative.[/quote]

Still more than what appears to be populating your noggin, JJG