Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Have the board put too much faith in Roedent?

He''s doing a drastic hatchet job at the moment. It would appear that it''s not a good idea to cross our Glenn - he''s very sensitive and has a spiteful vindictive streak running through him. I wonder if Delia and co are beginning to wonder whether they made the right choice of manager?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]He''s doing a drastic hatchet job at the moment. It would appear that it''s not a good idea to cross our Glenn - he''s very sensitive and has a spiteful vindictive streak running through him. I wonder if Delia and co are beginning to wonder whether they made the right choice of manager?[/quote]Glenn Roeder has stated that ''''we won''t recognise the team next year''''. You don''t make those sort of changes by keeping players or staff that have contributed to the failings of the last few years.The last time we had sweeping changes was when John Bond took over. Didn''t work out too bad then did it ?

I think I''d rather put my faith in someone who has played and managed at the very top, saved us from relegation, and is now overhauling the club than listen to someone calling him ''roedent'' from behind a keyboard !

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]You know, it''s always hard to take posts that include a preschool level "play on words" too seriously.[/quote]

Ha ha ha. It''s also difficult to take anybody seriously who pretends to be somebody else - particularly if that somebody is a nobody!

I agree with Lappinitup and Duffy, it''s hard to take someone seriously who only has the intelligence to repeat Wet Sham name calling... If you have a point to make about someone, make it... don''t just resort to petty name calling as it just makes you look daft! ;-)

[quote user="Gibbo"]I agree with Lappinitup and Duffy, it''s hard to take someone seriously who only has the intelligence to repeat Wet Sham name calling... If you have a point to make about someone, make it... don''t just resort to petty name calling as it just makes you look daft! ;-)[/quote]

Why are some of you so completely dry and humourless, Gibbo? I don''t need the likes of you, whoever you are, to make judgements about my intelligence. Incidentally, it shows your lack of intelligence, if you feel you can judge a person from a few trite words written on some inconsequential football message board.

[quote user="JaundicedJockstrapGeorgy"] it''s not a good idea to cross our Glenn - he''s very sensitive and has a spiteful vindictive streak running through him. [/quote]

Does he??

Why are some of you so completely dry and humourless, Gibbo? - JJG

It''s now JaundicedJockGeorgy 3 - Humorless Bittermen 0.

God forbid someone make a salient point with some laughs thrown in to make it fun to read instead of just stinging misery. I guess Gibbo and Co. prefer that all comments be written entirely in the mood to which they are representing.  Perhaps the sarcasm and jocular mood confuses them.

I just don''t get ANY of this.

We have a total LOSER mentality running through the club. The academy are not producing players. The players they are producing are not producing the goods.

The 1st team players we have are not producing. There is a laid-back holiday mentality at this football club.

Someone comes in and FIRES EVERYONE. A boot up the backside, a shot across the bows, call it what you will. The big name (but underperforming) player is shown the door. The youngsters that haven''t produced are booted out. The coaches that have not produced the players are booted out.

And all those people that cry "more ambition" and "why are we little norwich, we''re a big club" start hating the man that is trying to implement change.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Whether or not we get promoted, this club has need a shake up for a long, long time. No more costa del norwich, no more Adrian Coote-alikes.

But anyway, back to the original point, as Im sure JJG was intending this thread to be about (And please Houston, keeping some sort of score in the way you just have is one of the most childish debating techniques known to man).

Delia and co may very well be wondering what they let themselves in for. Delia strikes me as someone that likes yes men, and I dont think Roeder is that way inclined. Personally I didnt think it was in a managers remit to fire academy staff and so on, I figured a higher power would be in charge. And as people have pointed out, Hucks entrance w/delia, is in stark contrast to Hucks exit through Roeder.

What happens if Roeder isnt given the money, will he turn on the board as well? 

[quote user="Mook"]

We have a total LOSER mentality running through the club. The academy are not producing players. The players they are producing are not producing the goods.

The 1st team players we have are not producing. There is a laid-back holiday mentality at this football club.

Someone comes in and FIRES EVERYONE. A boot up the backside, a shot across the bows, call it what you will. The big name (but underperforming) player is shown the door. The youngsters that haven''t produced are booted out. The coaches that have not produced the players are booted out.

And all those people that cry "more ambition" and "why are we little norwich, we''re a big club" start hating the man that is trying to implement change.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Whether or not we get promoted, this club has need a shake up for a long, long time. No more costa del norwich, no more Adrian Coote-alikes.

[/quote]I''m awake Mook. And I totally agree with you. Great post.

Although I do agree with Mook, the way he is acting isnt neccessarily a bad thing. We know the club is a mess, hes trying to sort it out. We cant have it both ways.

The time to judge is at the end of next season.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

It doesn`t happen often Mook, but i totally agree. [Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

It doesn`t happen often Mook, but i totally agree. [Y]

[/quote]does that mean you think the Roeder era will be short-lived, Mr C? That the falling out with the board is just a few weeks/months away?

Robert - Personally I think it will end badly for him. If he doesnt get the funds then I think he may very well turn against the board. And despite his record last season many fans (Although I wouldnt take the message board as an accurate representation of the fans as a whole) have the knives out for him already. I think only reaching the playoffs will appease certain supporters. So unfortuanetly I see more turmoil at the club next season.

......and at half time, despite 2 valiant but way off target attempts by Trent Canary, the score remains JJG 3 - Humorless Bittermen 0. 

Keeping score may be one of the most immature debating techiniques, but it is way more entertaining than dry, bland, baseless opinionating.  Just a guess, but I think most people come here for some laughs as well as information.  I base that on the comments I see that often include funny, ironic,witty, cheeky or sarcastic remarks while still making valid points. I could be wrong about that, but if I am, it will be the first time ever.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Not everyone is getting ''fired'' are they. When do the Chief Exec and "Board of Directionless" - ''get shaken up''? I personally think they''ve underperformed......Or, are they beyond reproach, accountability, responsibility, untouchable, blameless - and allowed complete sanctuary from criticism or removal or replacement?

It''s not just the football element at NCFC that requires the implement of change.....is it. Then maybe you don''t agree, as you failed to mention it in your above rant.

Clearout at "Costa del Colney"......Then, hopefully, the Blitzing of the "Benidorm Boardroom".

Im sure JJGs point of the thread was the inevitable shi*-fight between Roeder and the board. However pleased JJG will be with a 3-0 home win, even though the referee appears to vaguely related to Andy D''urso.

Whats your take on the matter?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

......and at half time, despite 2 valiant but way off target attempts by Trent Canary, the score remains JJG 3 - Humorless Bittermen 0. 

Keeping score may be one of the most immature debating techiniques, but it is way more entertaining than dry, bland, baseless opinionating.  Just a guess, but I think most people come here for some laughs as well as information.  I base that on the comments I see that often include funny, ironic,witty, cheeky or sarcastic remarks while still making valid points. I could be wrong about that, but if I am, it will be the first time ever.

[/quote]I''m obviously missing something Houston but could you please show me where the humour is in the opening post or the title please !

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

the comments I see that often include funny, ironic,witty, cheeky or sarcastic remarks while still making valid points.

[/quote]I don''t know where you''re seeing all these hilarious and witty posts - this must be one of the most humorless message boards in existence. Havign said that, there was a bloody funny thread yesterday in which Wiz declared himself to be a prophet with his usual pompous rhetoric - some of the replies were pretty damned funny

[quote]Not everyone is getting ''fired'' are they. When do the Chief Exec and "Board of Directionless" - ''get shaken up''? I personally think they''ve underperformed......Or, are they beyond reproach, accountability, responsibility, untouchable, blameless - and allowed complete sanctuary from criticism or removal or replacement?[/quote]

Last time I checked, GR was lower in the organogram than your "cibles du siècle".  Don''t worry, for a man of your capabilities this shouldn''t be a problem.  Simply raise 50 million or so, pay the incumbents off ( I assume you were born within the ring-road), then you can fire whoever you like.  And then we can all have a go at you.  Deal ?

[quote user="Mook"]

Whether or not we get promoted, this club has need a shake up for a long, long time. No more costa del norwich, no more Adrian Coote-alikes.

[/quote]

Some people have taken this badly because acts are never viewed in isolation. This follows a timeline in which Roeder has, at times, genuinely displayed an attitude of petulance, most notably towards Cureton and Hucks.

What is the difference between ruthlessness and petulance? Not much, except one is usually kept quiet in focus, whilst the other is usually very visible. Sadly for Roeder, many of his words and deeds over the last 6 months have fallen into the latter category.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Not everyone is getting ''fired'' are they. When do the Chief Exec and "Board of Directionless" - ''get shaken up''? I personally think they''ve underperformed......Or, are they beyond reproach, accountability, responsibility, untouchable, blameless - and allowed complete sanctuary from criticism or removal or replacement?

It''s not just the football element at NCFC that requires the implement of change.....is it. Then maybe you don''t agree, as you failed to mention it in your above rant.

Clearout at "Costa del Colney"......Then, hopefully, the Blitzing of the "Benidorm Boardroom".

[/quote]

I actually agree with this, Mello. But - perhaps Glenn''s remit is to shake things up. The board are not going to fire themselves, but maybe they''ve noticed that they''re drifting, and allowing the club to drift.

Could allowing Roeder to get "stuck in" be their attempt in stopping the rot? As Blah points out, and so do many others, we need a buyer to get rid of the board. Until then, the least we can do is expect a bloody change in attitude in the dressing room.

And Jim Duffy - fair enough, Roeder has been petulant with JC. BUT what has JC done, expect miss hatfuls of chances? Curo to me looks a little overweight (or at least, soft in the midriff) - perhaps Glen tried the "softly softly" approach, perhaps he tried the arm around the shoulder, and then he got p*ssed off with faffing about and give him both barrels in the press.

Huckerby had it coming, I''m afraid.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Not everyone is getting ''fired'' are they. When do the Chief Exec and "Board of Directionless" - ''get shaken up''? I personally think they''ve underperformed......Or, are they beyond reproach, accountability, responsibility, untouchable, blameless - and allowed complete sanctuary from criticism or removal or replacement?[/quote]

Last time I checked, GR was lower in the organogram than your "cibles du siècle".  Don''t worry, for a man of your capabilities this shouldn''t be a problem.  Simply raise 50 million or so, pay the incumbents off ( I assume you were born within the ring-road), then you can fire whoever you like.  And then we can all have a go at you.  Deal ?

[/quote]

If the current board of incumbent''s are removed......I suppose that means you''ll be out of a job also...... "Carry your bags Mr Doncaster? Where are we off to next? Eh! Eh! Mr Doncaster Sir? Can we go to into music promotions Mr Doncaster Sir? Eh! Eh!......I knows you luvs them Sugababes and Girlies Aloud and the Spicy Girls and Jamheelia....Can we? Eh! Eh! Stop kickin'' me Mr Doncaster...I wuz only suggestin''....I didn''t know you''d be shown the door.....No Sir! Don''t throw me in the Wensum Sir!....Y''know I''ll melt!"..... 

Well being as what is written here is all we have to go on, there is not a lot else we can judge by...  as proved by your reply ;-)

this must be one of the most humorless message boards in existence - BIC

I think the Al Qaida and West Bromwich Albion message boards are way less funny than this one. I was referring to the Pinkun message board in general, not just this thread.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

If the current board of incumbent''s are removed......I suppose that means you''ll be out of a job also...... "Carry your bags Mr Doncaster? Where are we off to next? Eh! Eh! Mr Doncaster Sir? Can we go to into music promotions Mr Doncaster Sir? Eh! Eh!......I knows you luvs them Sugababes and Girlies Aloud and the Spicy Girls and Jamheelia....Can we? Eh! Eh! Stop kickin'' me Mr Doncaster...I wuz only suggestin''....I didn''t know you''d be shown the door.....No Sir! Don''t throw me in the Wensum Sir!....Y''know I''ll melt!"..... 

[/quote]

If I''m Mr Doncaster, who would that make you ?  Nobody I guess.

Yeah, you''re right, it''s better to be you.  Less of a challenge though [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I''m Mr Doncaster, who would that make you ?  Nobody I guess.

Yeah, you''re right, it''s better to be you.  Less of a challenge though [:)]

[/quote]

Let''s see, who would folk on here rather have a night out with on the pop in the City......Interesting you, or Nobody Me.....I think you''d win hands down......Because you are so interesting......and less of a challenge.