Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

The worst result for English football.

Man United win the champions league final after an exciting penalty shootout.

I can see the the youngsters boasting about the best team in the play ground now. 30 years after Munch the legacy goes on with more and more willing drones.

From Plymouth to Peterborough and Gillingham to Grimsby the life blood drains away from local clubs.

what a stupid post! it would be the same if the chavs had won. id rather united won than the chavs after the disgraceful way they hounded the ref all night. so much for respect the refs chelski dont give a f**k about authority and deserved what they got.

[quote user="baldyboy"]what a stupid post! it would be the same if the chavs had won. id rather united won than the chavs after the disgraceful way they hounded the ref all night. so much for respect the refs chelski dont give a f**k about authority and deserved what they got.[/quote]

Bang on baldyboy.............bullies, the damn blue lot of them. Their arrogance is unbelievable at times....especially their commie owner/dictator!.

And envy is so ugly..............[:|]

[quote user="baldyboy"]what a stupid post! it would be the same if the chavs had won. id rather united won than the chavs after the disgraceful way they hounded the ref all night. so much for respect the refs chelski dont give a f**k about authority and deserved what they got.[/quote]

What team was it again that started the hounding off referees in England? Those brave boys Man Utd you praise. In fact they still do it, but you dont mention that do you? As a neutral and having watched the game based on play from 30 minutes on, Chelsea deserved to win that game-they passed well, had the best chances, and looked the most dangerous, so over the 120 minutes they should have won but didnt, so now the thousands of "proud" mancs from Norwich to Torquay will be at work today in there best local accents saying how proud they are etc......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, what can you do about blatant glory hunters-how are they proper fans?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

What team was it again that started the hounding off referees in England? Those brave boys Man Utd you praise. In fact they still do it, but you dont mention that do you? As a neutral and having watched the game based on play from 30 minutes on, Chelsea deserved to win that game-they passed well, had the best chances, and looked the most dangerous, so over the 120 minutes they should have won but didnt, so now the thousands of "proud" mancs from Norwich to Torquay will be at work today in there best local accents saying how proud they are etc......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, what can you do about blatant glory hunters-how are they proper fans?

[/quote]

As baldyboy says though, how would it have been different if Chelski had won?

arthur old fella, as a ref myself it doesnt just happen at the top level it happens everywhere even at carrow road!!! maybe chelsea did deserve to win but they are the worst losers ever in football and they are the worst when it comes to hounding refs which is unforgiveable. it may have started at man u as you put it but it dont matter where it started ALL teams are guilty of hounding refs its just the level that differs and chelski ARE the worst, even a chelsea fan friend of mine agrees with that and says its embarassing.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

As baldyboy says though, how would it have been different if Chelski had won?

[/quote]

Fair point there are a number of Chelsea glory hunters aswell, but they are by far outnumbered by the mancs. I had to nip in the city 1st thing and the number of man u tops on parade already made me feel sick that if they put that support into Norwich well......Mancs have been glory hunting since the first Europeon cup final, Chelsea are getting bad but noone can touch those broad norfolk mancs.

[quote user="baldyboy"]arthur old fella, as a ref myself it doesnt just happen at the top level it happens everywhere even at carrow road!!! maybe chelsea did deserve to win but they are the worst losers ever in football and they are the worst when it comes to hounding refs which is unforgiveable. it may have started at man u as you put it but it dont matter where it started ALL teams are guilty of hounding refs its just the level that differs and chelski ARE the worst, even a chelsea fan friend of mine agrees with that and says its embarassing.[/quote]

I agree Chelsea were out of order, but the mancs started this trend and the rest followed. Chelsea were not the only ones hassling the ref last night.

My point wasn''t based on the disciplinary records of either team. It was based on the overall appeal of Manchester United based on the adversities of Munich and the fact that kids all over the country will now support the them.I don''t think Chelsea are the same. They don''t have the same national and international fan base. My boss is a Man Utd fan and so is his young boy. Why because he once saw George Best play. Never lived near Manchester and has only been to old Trafford when he was given free tickets. He came in this morning beaming and proud. Why? He has no affiliation to Manchester and has no right to feel proud of something that has nothing to do with him.

I was born in Norwich and support Norwich.

I find it a little strange that most of this website is preoccupied with club funds and the search for a rich benefactor of any nationality and then some rebuke Chelsea for doing just that.

Man Utd and their whole Unnnnittteedd Munich Red Devil playgroung fans sicken me.

From a footballing point of view it made me proud to be English, penalty shootout drama, red cards,  goal line clearances, end to end play, passionate football and support!!It''s all about excitement and couldn''t have asked for much more last night! Good advert for our game I thought...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

As a neutral and having watched the game based on play from 30 minutes on, Chelsea deserved to win that game-they passed well, had the best chances, and looked the most dangerous,

[/quote]

Chelski lost it over "what is sporting play" gate.  Manure did right in the normal 90 minutes after an injury stoppage for one of their players conceded by Chelski by giving the ball straight back to a Chelski player on the pitch in the Manure half.  Chelski, when the next similar incident came about and Tevez kicked the ball out when Manure were on a very good breakaway, simply lumped the ball out of play in the Manure half of the pitch close to the goal line and then pressurised the subsequent throw in.  So when Chelski then cleared the ball for an injury to a Manure player Tevez obviously thought "well if you can do it so can we" and cleared the ball out to the Chelski by line area.  Chelski players then demonstrated their "professionalism" by hounding first Tevez and then the referee and then any Manure player who tried to protect Tevez.  Terry was the worst culprit but no brain Drogba got caught!  Terry got his just reward  by missing the penalty that would have won it for them.  I have no sympathy - Terry should learn a big lesson in humility from this and hopefully can lead England on to better things - if not Chelski.

Still doesn''t mean I''m happy that Manure won though.

Couldn''t have happened to a nicer bloke - was glad he slipped - penalties are all about keeping cool under pressure (as you can see by my avatar of me slotting one in at Carrow Road). 

I wonder if the lip readers have worked out what he said to Tevez as he pretended to wipe his nose on his sleeve...

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I can see the the youngsters boasting about the best team in the play ground now. 30 years after Munch the legacy goes on with more and more willing drones.

From Plymouth to Peterborough and Gillingham to Grimsby the life blood drains away from local clubs.

[/quote]chelsea personifies everything that is wrong with modern footballdont like man u but chelsea is everything that is wrong with the game400m to get to the C.L final.no english fans.i got kicked out of the superstore the other week!!!!!pathetic club.at the end of the day, the entire prem is draining the lower league clubs.that said some people are converting.

I''m sorry but anybody that wishes that a player loses the game for their club that they bleed for is out of order. I wouldn''t even wish that fate to an ipswich player (unless of course it was lee after another one of his famous dives). None of those players have clean slates but the thing that annoys me is how many man u "fans" that have appeared overnight. It does actually make me sick. No doubt if chelsea won then all those "man u fans" would have been less vocal and less visible this morning. It is a shame how far the professional game has fallen in this country that we now have fans who have never been to their home stadium, have never felt the pain of losing on a saturday evening or care if their team goes through hard times. And we have players who act like babies. Scholes, Tevez, Vidic, Terry, Makele, Drogba all acted like agressive children. To be honest I would much rather they both have lost and arsenal or liverpool winning, but then again their fans are idiots as well.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Couldn''t have happened to a nicer bloke - was glad he slipped - penalties are all about keeping cool under pressure (as you can see by my avatar of me slotting one in at Carrow Road). 

I wonder if the lip readers have worked out what he said to Tevez as he pretended to wipe his nose on his sleeve...

[/quote]

If he played for Norwich and bled Green and Yellow like he does Blue for Chelsea you''d all love him.

I like him as a player, hard and committed. Don''t really give a damn about what he does in his own time.

Course, all the George Best types never got into scrapes in the old days, never had a dust up, never got drunk and never fraternised with the ladies. Whatever!

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

chelsea personifies everything that is wrong with modern football
dont like man u but chelsea is everything that is wrong with the game
400m to get to the C.L final.
no english fans.
i got kicked out of the superstore the other week!!!!!
pathetic club.
at the end of the day, the entire prem is draining the lower league clubs.
that said some people are converting.
[/quote]

What superstore? Pc World or Comet.

Were you on the nick?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]chelsea personifies everything that is wrong with modern footballdont like man u but chelsea is everything that is wrong with the game400m to get to the C.L final.no english fans.i got kicked out of the superstore the other week!!!!!pathetic club.at the end of the day, the entire prem is draining the lower league clubs.that said some people are converting.[/quote]

What superstore? Pc World or Comet.

Were you on the nick?

[/quote]chelsea superstore.i went to wembley the other week for torquay game.  and did a footy ground tour, fulham, arsenal, spurs, chelsea, WHU, my mate is a chelski fan and we tried to take a pic of him holding a ball, they chucked me out....bunch of tossers.

IMO Manchester United are the arrogant motherf......s, always have been always will be. Munich was terrible but its was 50 years ago, get over it, rammed down our throat ever since, favours done then by the FA and its carried on till now Like randomly dropping out of the FA cup. Fergie is as bad as all the other managers for moaning and whinging, as half time proved last night, but when he does it, its clever mind games. Man Utd have spent a fortune on players, neatrly as much as chelsea, i would suggest, All refs are frightened of them, favour them, how long did they go at old trafford without conceding a penalty.The commentaters, Andy Gray, are so biased towards them its a joke, on top of that nobody in Manchester support them. I agree with an earlier poster, yet more people from all over the uk buying their united shirts, instead of their local teams.

[quote user="ricky knight"]IMO Manchester United are the arrogant motherf......s, always have been always will be. Munich was terrible but its was 50 years ago, get over it, rammed down our throat ever since, favours done then by the FA and its carried on till now Like randomly dropping out of the FA cup. Fergie is as bad as all the other managers for moaning and whinging, as half time proved last night, but when he does it, its clever mind games. Man Utd have spent a fortune on players, neatrly as much as chelsea, i would suggest, All refs are frightened of them, favour them, how long did they go at old trafford without conceding a penalty.The commentaters, Andy Gray, are so biased towards them its a joke, on top of that nobody in Manchester support them. I agree with an earlier poster, yet more people from all over the uk buying their united shirts, instead of their local teams.[/quote]

Not wishing to disagree with a wrestler (did I see you on a wrestling bill at Butlins mate?) butI think you''re wrong on this. I''ve actively supported City all my life, and I don''t do glory supporting, but since Munich, I''ve always had a soft spot for Utd.

The only time I''ve been to Old Trafford, was when City beat them there in the Cup, and Gordon Bolland got the winner or was it Heath?.

But I still look for their results and admire their players.

Last nights game was actually the first time this season that I really enjoyed watching a game involving the 4 biggest teams. I started off from a fully neutral position and was able to admire the skills, determination and abilities of those on show. I admit to frustration with mainly Drogba for his unsporting behaviour but on the whole think it is extremely unfair to criticise any of the players for unsporting play.  The pace of the game considering the stakes was incredible. Just imagine the human emotions at play: Scholes sheer joy at competing at the highest club level for the first time, Lampard and Wes Brown both have experienced a parents bereavement this year and will have been affected, Giggs playing more times for one of the biggest teams in the world, Ashley Cole trying to answer all the critics who love to slate him, Ronaldo trying to be the best in the world (a pressure he admits to putting on himself), all the English players trying to prove their worth before a summer off, Cech having had an apparent life changing injury during the year and still hailed as the worlds best keeper, Ferdinand and Terry fighting for the rights of England captain and exerting all they can in the name of leadership....

I cant say that I admire all the players all the time but the match last night really did seem to rise above the daily dirge of money and diving that we love to read in hypocritical media. Its easy to pour scorn on those that we elevate to great hights but I for one felt that the occasion was about people last night. On far too few occasions is that the case so lets jst go easy for once. Yes the game is following society down a cul-de-sac all chasing the gold bullion at the end. But not last night to those people playing a game they love.

I dont expect to have full, if any agreement but just hope to offer my thoughts, and maybe, just maybe allow one or two of you to sit back at home or work and smile at the memory of the game we were lucky to witness.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]IMO Manchester United are the arrogant motherf......s, always have been always will be. Munich was terrible but its was 50 years ago, get over it, rammed down our throat ever since, favours done then by the FA and its carried on till now Like randomly dropping out of the FA cup. Fergie is as bad as all the other managers for moaning and whinging, as half time proved last night, but when he does it, its clever mind games. Man Utd have spent a fortune on players, neatrly as much as chelsea, i would suggest, All refs are frightened of them, favour them, how long did they go at old trafford without conceding a penalty.The commentaters, Andy Gray, are so biased towards them its a joke, on top of that nobody in Manchester support them. I agree with an earlier poster, yet more people from all over the uk buying their united shirts, instead of their local teams.[/quote]

Not wishing to disagree with a wrestler (did I see you on a wrestling bill at Butlins mate?) butI think you''re wrong on this. I''ve actively supported City all my life, and I don''t do glory supporting, but since Munich, I''ve always had a soft spot for Utd.

The only time I''ve been to Old Trafford, was when City beat them there in the Cup, and Gordon Bolland got the winner or was it Heath?.

But I still look for their results and admire their players.

[/quote]

Eactly Munich, they have built a fan base on it, thats my point, everybody at the time took Man Utd as their 2nd team, The Fa did them favours at the time rightly so but its continued right up to now imo. I also went to the game bolland scored, heath, got the other and Law got a cracker for Man Utd and we had to fight our way out of Manchester, happy days. Yes i have Wrestled at butlins on numerous occassions, also at the sports centre lowestoft at least once a year.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

If he played for Norwich and bled Green and Yellow like he does Blue for Chelsea you''d all love him.

I like him as a player, hard and committed. Don''t really give a damn about what he does in his own time.

Course, all the George Best types never got into scrapes in the old days, never had a dust up, never got drunk and never fraternised with the ladies. Whatever!

[/quote]

Spot on. Terry is not a very nice bloke, but he would improve our defence enormously if he played for us. I don''t like "Fat" Franky much either, but he would be another welcome addition to our squad.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on. Terry is not a very nice bloke, but he would improve our defence enormously if he played for us. I don''t like "Fat" Franky much either, but he would be another welcome addition to our squad.

[/quote]

None of the top players are popular, thats why they are at the top but as you say we would take any of them in a heartbeat.

[quote user="ricky knight"]IMO Manchester United are the arrogant motherf......s, always have been always will be. Munich was terrible but its was 50 years ago, get over it, rammed down our throat ever since, favours done then by the FA and its carried on till now Like randomly dropping out of the FA cup. Fergie is as bad as all the other managers for moaning and whinging, as half time proved last night, but when he does it, its clever mind games. Man Utd have spent a fortune on players, neatrly as much as chelsea, i would suggest, All refs are frightened of them, favour them, how long did they go at old trafford without conceding a penalty.The commentaters, Andy Gray, are so biased towards them its a joke, on top of that nobody in Manchester support them. I agree with an earlier poster, yet more people from all over the uk buying their united shirts, instead of their local teams.[/quote]I totally agree with you here (2nd time in two days, wtf?) except the part in red. Living where I do, I have observational evdience for this and there are manucnian united fans, but there aren''t any more of them (as a percentage) than in any other large town with a prem/champs team (ie Norwich, Leicester, Blackburn, Reading, Coventry etc.)  I would say there are more ManUre fans here than in Brimingham or Sheffield for example.I might be over noticing them as alot of ManUre supporting students go to university here with the intention of going to matches. They generally never actually do.

My dad published Terry''s autobiography and said he was a really nice bloke, would sign anything, nothing was too much trouble and even signed my mates chelsea shirt with terry''s name on the back. I wanted Utd to win but you did have to feel for Terry he loves that club, unlike a lot of other footballers.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]

My dad published Terry''s autobiography and said he was a really nice bloke, would sign anything, nothing was too much trouble and even signed my mates chelsea shirt with terry''s name on the back. I wanted Utd to win but you did have to feel for Terry he loves that club, unlike a lot of other footballers.

[/quote]

Do you think he would sign a cheque for me? [:D]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

John Terry is the one who man handles and bullys referees... who gets in the face of opposition players and starts all the scuffles Chelsea are involved in on the pitch.. he then hides behind the rest of his team mates....  the blokes a ponce!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

John Terry is the one who man handles and bullys referees... who gets in the face of opposition players and starts all the scuffles Chelsea are involved in on the pitch.. he then hides behind the rest of his team mates....  the blokes a ponce!

jas :)

[/quote]

...And so you''d not want him playing for Norwich then?

....and after your next post, my next is "pants on fire". (am saving the environment and cutting down posts)