Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

The worst result for English football.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Chelski lost it over "what is sporting play" gate.  Manure did right in the normal 90 minutes after an injury stoppage for one of their players conceded by Chelski by giving the ball straight back to a Chelski player on the pitch in the Manure half.  Chelski, when the next similar incident came about and Tevez kicked the ball out when Manure were on a very good breakaway, simply lumped the ball out of play in the Manure half of the pitch close to the goal line and then pressurised the subsequent throw in.  So when Chelski then cleared the ball for an injury to a Manure player Tevez obviously thought "well if you can do it so can we" and cleared the ball out to the Chelski by line area.  Chelski players then demonstrated their "professionalism" by hounding first Tevez and then the referee and then any Manure player who tried to protect Tevez.  Terry was the worst culprit but no brain Drogba got caught!  Terry got his just reward  by missing the penalty that would have won it for them.  I have no sympathy - Terry should learn a big lesson in humility from this and hopefully can lead England on to better things - if not Chelski.

Still doesn''t mean I''m happy that Manure won though.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  I despise both teams (along with the entire top 4) but Chelsea more than the others!

[quote user="NottsCanary"] passionate football and support!![/quote]Passionate support????? you must be joking, there wasn''t a song sung til the goal went in. Maybe it was just the stadium, but to say either of them have passionate support is ridiculous

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Couldn''t have happened to a nicer bloke - was glad he slipped - penalties are all about keeping cool under pressure (as you can see by my avatar of me slotting one in at Carrow Road). 

I wonder if the lip readers have worked out what he said to Tevez as he pretended to wipe his nose on his sleeve...

[/quote]

If he played for Norwich and bled Green and Yellow like he does Blue for Chelsea you''d all love him.

I like him as a player, hard and committed. Don''t really give a damn about what he does in his own time.

Course, all the George Best types never got into scrapes in the old days, never had a dust up, never got drunk and never fraternised with the ladies. Whatever!

[/quote]

John Terry is the one who man handles and bullys referees... who gets in the face of opposition players and starts all the scuffles Chelsea are involved in on the pitch.. he then hides behind the rest of his team mates....  the blokes a ponce!

jas :)

[/quote]

...And so you''d not want him playing for Norwich then?

....and after your next post, my next is "pants on fire". (am saving the environment and cutting down posts)

[/quote]

No... id sooner take Canavaro and Puyol.. best i call Glenn and make it happen eh?

jas :)

Yes JAS

Get your people to talk to their people and then contack Glenn''s people. [:O]

[quote user="NottsCanary"]From a footballing point of view it made me proud to be English, penalty shootout drama, red cards,  goal line clearances, end to end play, passionate football and support!!

It''s all about excitement and couldn''t have asked for much more last night! Good advert for our game I thought...
[/quote]

Proud to be English? Might as well throw in French,German,Dutch,Spanish,Porgugese,Papue new bl@@dy guinea!!

I actually think that the main end-result was about as good as can be expected for English football.  The main body of Englishness in this ccasion was the fans.  And by and large the fans behaved themselves.  The game itself was entertaining, but it is very much a world game where Man Utd and Chelsea are concerned.

Oh, and Lampard had a good game, he''s English.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I actually think that the main end-result was about as good as can be expected for English football.  The main body of Englishness in this ccasion was the fans.  And by and large the fans behaved themselves.  The game itself was entertaining, but it is very much a world game where Man Utd and Chelsea are concerned.

Oh, and Lampard had a good game, he''s English.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Not reading all this my ten pence though:

Man United:went through a bad patch, could of fired the manager could of gone and done a leeds, looked miles behind chelsea, could of replaced the entire squad BUT- Gave the manager time- allowed said manager to build a team- made one signing after being clobbered to the premier league and kept faith in the rest- won the league- made more good young signings and kept faith in the rest- won the premier league, won europe- owners stay away from on pitch matters- exciting, attacking football

Chelsea- funded by Russian mob money- sacks one of the best managers in the world for pathetic reasons- hires a complete clown of a yes man- half the team are in the running for their national teams for the world diving championships and the Olympic diving teams- owner appears to get involved in alot of on pitch matters- owner is also paranoid about getting assassinated and therefore disrespects the hospitality of other chairmen and owners due to his paranoia- more glory fans than at old trafford- poor discipline and harrassment of referees, more so than any other team (i believe they came third in the prem for worst discipline this season)- I could start on individual players but i have better things to do- dull, dreary 1-0 football.

there will always be glory fans, thats that end of. you cant hate a team for having more than any other.

[quote user="Polar"]Not reading all this my ten pence though:

Man United:went through a bad patch, could of fired the manager could of gone and done a leeds, looked miles behind chelsea, could of replaced the entire squad BUT -Despite being the richest club in the world....- Gave the manager time - Considering he''s one of the best managers of all time it doesn''t seem that much. Infact he''s a major part of the reason man u are the richest club in the world- allowed said manager to build a team - made one signing after being clobbered to the premier league and kept faith in the rest ?- won the league - made more good young signings and kept faith in the rest - won the premier league, won europe- owners stay away from on pitch matters- exciting, attacking football - Don''t see what any of this had to do with anything

Chelsea- funded by Russian mob money - Made up, go read a book mate- sacks one of the best managers in the world for pathetic reasons - pathetic in the fact they were 10 points behind man u and struggling in europe and his recent signings nothing short of terrible?- hires a complete clown of a yes man - the clown that clawed them back to 2 points of winning the title, and a final of the european cup and the final of the carling cup with a team made up of none of his players- half the team are in the running for their national teams for the world diving championships and the Olympic diving teams - but of course no other players at any of clubs are.... I''m sensing some bias here!- owner appears to get involved in alot of on pitch matters - Appears. Of course you have evidence of that? - owner is also paranoid about getting assassinated and therefore disrespects the hospitality of other chairmen and owners due to his paranoia - Just lol...- more glory fans than at old trafford - Oh my, the hole is getting deeper and deeper- poor discipline and harrassment of referees, more so than any other team (i believe they came third in the prem for worst discipline this season) - True. But Man U were the pioneers of these tactics and they are no worse than arsenal and many other teams. - I could start on individual players but i have better things to do - Yeh, like making things up as you go along.- dull, dreary 1-0 football. Didn''t see that last night. I assume you make the nice trip up from Plymouth every weekend to watch them eh?

there will always be glory fans, thats that end of. you cant hate a team for having more than any other. - I think it''s a perfectly good reason to dislike a football team because they are corrupting the entirety of the game.[/quote]

What an odd thread.Personally I can''t see what difference it makes whether Man Yoo or Chelsea win. There will always be glory hunters about and they will follow the team that is most successful whether it''s United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Lowestoft. We should pity these people really as they obviously have such low self esteem that they have to try and connect with something successful even though they have no emotional attachment.I struggled to get too excited during the match although it was a lot better than I expected. The first time I felt anything was when Ronaldo missed his penalty (hilarious) and then things got better when Terry missed his (nobody is doubting that we would like him here, but the bloke is a cock). Overall I was pleased for Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs who are two decent and modest men who probably enjoy the game of football more than any of the rest of the players on show. I still despise United though [;)] . Highlight for me was when Joe Cole (at least I think it was him) was rolling about on the floor pretending to be injured and Scholes looked down at him with absolute disdain. If one picture could some up the problems with modern day football it was that!So what would have been the best result for English football? My theory............we tune in last night and it transpires that rather than watching the Champions (?) League final we''re actually watching the latest episode of Doctor Who. As Jamie Redknapp tells us that this is, literally, the biggest game that he has, literally, ever, literally, seen, before mentioning how brilliant cousin Frank is again [|-)] , David Tennant lays in the center circle dying. As the artists perform the opening ceremony he regenerates and the latest doctor is revealed as Michel Platini. The doctor reveals that the Luzhniki Stadium is actually a spaceship and that all of it''s inhabitants will be transported to a far and distant planet. As the spaceship lands it is revealed that the doctor will bring back his ginger assistant (Paul Scholes), The Master (Lord Purplenose), The Masters wife (Ryan Giggs) and a random alien (Avram Grant) but the rest are condemned to spend the rest of their days on a planet with no atmosphere (Portman Road?).

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Polar"]Not reading all this my ten pence though:

Man United:went through a bad patch, could of fired the manager could of gone and done a leeds, looked miles behind chelsea, could of replaced the entire squad BUT -Despite being the richest club in the world....  is''nt that now QPR? But the point is they didn''t sack him and do a leeds, were miles behind and didn''t make wholesale changes- Gave the manager time - Considering he''s one of the best managers of all time it doesn''t seem that much. Infact he''s a major part of the reason man u are the richest club in the world umm.... Jose Mourinho?????- allowed said manager to build a team - made one signing after being clobbered to the premier league and kept faith in the rest ? of the players on the team, only signed Carrick, let Rooney and Ronaldo play- won the league - made more good young signings and kept faith in the rest - won the premier league, won europe- owners stay away from on pitch matters- exciting, attacking football - Don''t see what any of this had to do with anything - just the fact its a good reason to want Man United to win rather than Chelsea.

Chelsea- funded by Russian mob money - Made up, go read a book mate - explain the paranoia?- sacks one of the best managers in the world for pathetic reasons - pathetic in the fact they were 10 points behind man u and struggling in europe and his recent signings nothing short of terrible? - Alex ferguson a few years before? Veron? Kleberson etc etc.... oh wait... they just won the Champions league.- hires a complete clown of a yes man - the clown that clawed them back to 2 points of winning the title, and a final of the european cup and the final of the carling cup with a team made up of none of his players - The clown whose tactical inadequacies (save the Arsenal game) have been covered over by a world class team- half the team are in the running for their national teams for the world diving championships and the Olympic diving teams - but of course no other players at any of clubs are.... I''m sensing some bias here! - of course there are other players, Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo to an extent though hes not as bad as he was, Nani, Anderson etc etc- owner appears to get involved in alot of on pitch matters - Appears. Of course you have evidence of that?  You have no evidence of it being otherwise- owner is also paranoid about getting assassinated and therefore disrespects the hospitality of other chairmen and owners due to his paranoia - Just lol...  read Dave Whelans comments about Abramovich turning down his offer of a car to pick him up from his helicopter, saying he would go in his own Bullet proof car - or something of the like.- more glory fans than at old trafford - Oh my, the hole is getting deeper and deeper - how many people did you see walking around in Chelsea shirts 5 years ago?- poor discipline and harrassment of referees, more so than any other team (i believe they came third in the prem for worst discipline this season) - True. But Man U were the pioneers of these tactics and they are no worse than arsenal and many other teams.  - i disagree on this, if that was really the case then the media would have blown it up as much as they did for Chelsea, then again every team does do it from time to time.- I could start on individual players but i have better things to do - Yeh, like making things up as you go along. no, how about justifying everything i''ve said- dull, dreary 1-0 football. Didn''t see that last night. I assume you make the nice trip up from Plymouth every weekend to watch them eh? not really, i have no intention of watching Man united or Chelsea at any ground i have to travel to, check their results all season, and last season... Alot of 1-0s or 2-1s very narrow wins with defensive displays and no real attacking play save boot it long to drogba

there will always be glory fans, thats that end of. you cant hate a team for having more than any other. - I think it''s a perfectly good reason to dislike a football team because they are corrupting the entirety of the game. Well you may as well support a sport without glory fans, EVERY team has them, how many of those 4000 havant and waterlooville fans went to any Havant game before Anfield?you''re entitled to your opinion of course...[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Polar"]- funded by Russian mob money - Made up, go read a book mate - explain the paranoia? - I need expain nothing. You''ve simply made that up. - sacks one of the best managers in the world for pathetic reasons - pathetic in the fact they were 10 points behind man u and struggling in europe and his recent signings nothing short of terrible? - Alex ferguson a few years before? Veron? Kleberson etc etc.... oh wait... they just won the Champions league. - Everyone makes some bad decisions. Mouriniho''s cost them the title 2 seasons in a row. Veron and kleberson did not. Shev. and malouda and ballack and other have not performed to a sufficent standard.- hires a complete clown of a yes man - the clown that clawed them back to 2 points of winning the title, and a final of the european cup and the final of the carling cup with a team made up of none of his players - The clown whose tactical inadequacies (save the Arsenal game) have been covered over by a world class team - Well he was good enough to propell them up the league with a team failing, according to you, one of the best managers in the world..... - owner appears to get involved in alot of on pitch matters - Appears. Of course you have evidence of that?  You have no evidence of it being otherwise Im not making things up am I? [:|]- owner is also paranoid about getting assassinated and therefore disrespects the hospitality of other chairmen and owners due to his paranoia - Just lol...  read Dave Whelans comments about Abramovich turning down his offer of a car to pick him up from his helicopter, saying he would go in his own Bullet proof car - or something of the like. That means nothing. Maybe abramovich had his own tansport already lined which he prefers to take. Anyways we all know that Whelan will try to flog him some nike trackies anyway... [;)]- more glory fans than at old trafford - Oh my, the hole is getting deeper and deeper - how many people did you see walking around in Chelsea shirts 5 years ago? How many man u fans did you see walking around with man u shirts on when the were relegated to the 2nd tier. Or maybe even before they had won anything for nearly 30 years... - poor discipline and harrassment of referees, more so than any other team (i believe they came third in the prem for worst discipline this season) - True. But Man U were the pioneers of these tactics and they are no worse than arsenal and many other teams.  - i disagree on this, if that was really the case then the media would have blown it up as much as they did for Chelsea, then again every team does do it from time to time. - To young to remember. Go see arsenal v fulham and man u vs all the refs in the world 5 years ago (when roy keane was actually the biggest culprit)there will always be glory fans, thats that end of. you cant hate a team for having more than any other. - I think it''s a perfectly good reason to dislike a football team because they are corrupting the entirety of the game. Well you may as well support a sport without glory fans, EVERY team has them, how many of those 4000 havant and waterlooville fans went to any Havant game before Anfield? - Every sport has them to a degree. Like norwich getting 25k or the boston celtics becoming the biggest supported nba team this season. With the "big 4" having so much access to fans and revenue it is nothing short of damaging the game. Nobody wants to see the big 4 win the league every season, except of course for the supporters of the big four...[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I agree, hypocritical people irritate me as well as the make believers... and those who can''t justify what they say...

never mind ey

Such as rubbishing claims that Roman is a paranoid mobster who actually is a football manager? Sigh. Methinks things might be a bit backward down devon way...

Web Team - Pete;

"I wonder if the lip readers have worked out what he said to Tevez as he pretended to wipe his nose on his sleeve..."

No need for lip-readers, Pete. John Terry covered one of his nostrils and blew snot on Carlos Tevez.

What a delightful person, and a great role-model to boot.

Prove me wrong.

You''ve exagerated things a tad for your own motives but please, prove me wrong.This should be amusing

Personally I was amazed he didn''t get sent off for seemingly trying to wrestle vidic.

I enjoyed the game and the result, including the admirable drama, gamesmanship and play-acting from the players. I do think that the Referee''s Association should consider equipping referees'' with equity cards - as well as the red and yellows. Then, when full-time is blown, the ref should hand the equity card to the best individual performance of a ''dying swan'' by a thespian team member.    

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

I wonder if the lip readers have worked out what he said to Tevez as he pretended to wipe his nose on his sleeve...

[/quote]

I''ve seen it alleged on other websites that Terry called Tevez "a fecking Argie c u next tuesday" and then blew snot onto the back of his neck.

I''ve no idea whether it''s true or not...........but I was very pleased when he missed that penalty [;)]