Sign in to follow this  
ca

Where is Delia?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Why are they due a monumental amount of flak for a footballing decision made by the club''s manager?

I have never been particularly pro or anti Delia and the board - and that position is still the same.  I used to be as embarrassed at the mutual love-ins as I am at the current continual criticism, since much of either is unwarranted.  At the end of the day a Board is a Board, it will do good and bad in the eyes of the supporters, most opinions will sway along with the performances on the pitch.

[/quote]

Personally, I think that you are ''Pro Delia and the Board''.....As much that it is blatantly obvious, that I have very little faith in them - or the performance of the Chief Exec.

[/quote]

No, sorry, you are wrong I honestly can''t get too worked up about the board either way - but you are entitled to your opinion. All I will say is that if someone who is 50:50 on a subject starts talking to someone whose opinion is 90:10 against, it is rather likely that they are going to sound ''pro'', is it not? 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Why are they due a monumental amount of flak for a footballing decision made by the club''s manager?

I have never been particularly pro or anti Delia and the board - and that position is still the same.  I used to be as embarrassed at the mutual love-ins as I am at the current continual criticism, since much of either is unwarranted.  At the end of the day a Board is a Board, it will do good and bad in the eyes of the supporters, most opinions will sway along with the performances on the pitch.

[/quote]

Personally, I think that you are ''Pro Delia and the Board''.....As much that it is blatantly obvious, that I have very little faith in them - or the performance of the Chief Exec.

[/quote]

No, sorry, you are wrong I honestly can''t get too worked up about the board either way - but you are entitled to your opinion. All I will say is that if someone who is 50:50 on a subject starts talking to someone whose opinion is 90:10 against, it is rather likely that they are going to sound ''pro'', is it not? 

[/quote]

Therefore, should Doncaster, Delia, Micky and Co, (in your personal opinion) remain in ''complete'' control at NCFC? And, do you personally think, that after over a decade of their tenure, that they''re still the ''business'' people to take this club forward?..... Do you also, personally accept and believe, that they''re ''vigorously'' and ''continually'' pursuing ''outside'' investment, and would gladly stand-down, retire, or perhaps move to one-side, if an individual (or group) with credible money, were prepared to add considerable investment and much needed finance into NCFC? ( Similar to QPR, and certainly not an Ipstitch''s ''Evans type'')...If you answer ''Yes'' to any of the above, personally, that indicates to me, that you''re a ''pro-boardist'' and no 50:50 fence-sitting or 90:10 comes into it.....

(Mine is a resounding 100% ''No'' to all of the above, just for your and other forum folk''s information/interest).

Just thought I''d let you know my personal take/opinion, on your ''can''t get too worked up by the board either way'' comment.    

she was right behind me at Sheff Wed CA, getting the adoring attention of all around her. not sure if she would have been in the crowd had the news of Hucks release been known before the game....

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="cityangel"]

Remember on Boxing Day many years ago when Hucks signed and there she was on the pitch to introduce him and giving interviews about what a signing he was for us?

Where is she now then, has she not got an opinion on his exit or the way the situation was handled, cmon Delia lets be aving you!!!!!!!!!

Might write and ask her, she lives in a tiny little place called Combs near Stowmarket so guess the postman will find her [:)]

[/quote]

Just clicked on Combs on Wikipedia.  It states "The local pub is the successful Gardeners Arms which is frequented by the area''s most famous resident, Delia Smith."

Now there''s a surprise . . . [:D][<:o)]

Really? We can find Delia in the Gardener''s Arms? What does MWJ have to say about that? Next thing, she''ll be doing a ''Gretna''

[/quote]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]she was right behind me at Sheff Wed CA, getting the adoring attention of all around her. not sure if she would have been in the crowd had the news of Hucks release been known before the game....[/quote]

But what did you do that was different to those around her Barclay_Boy [:^)] It''s ok to keep criticising other fans if you behave differently yourself. When I left Hillsborough I saw Munby outside as well as Delia, they are often there after games fielding questions. I think they are braver than I would be at times. But don''t take that as fawning or adoring because it''s just an observation. Anyway, a guy walked past with a few of his mates and shouted "spend some effin'' money"[:@] then puffed out his chest and strutted off looking around to see if those around him thought he was brave [*-)] The fans around Munby were probably making the same point only had at least been brave enough to engage him in conversation about it. Now what have I done? Well I guess I have gone as far as chanting "[:#] Barmy Army" ...... "[:#] Barmy Army" ....... "[:#] Barmy Army" ............

Has anyone done more........................................

Yes, I think quite a few on here have engaged board members at forums etc. I know CA has, I had a spat with Munby over signing Hucks a few years ago at Acle. There is also Keith Roads who had the much publicised "exchange of views" with Delia at the last AGM.

Yes Gazza, and I think there''s more than just those few who have voiced their concerns at forums and outside the various grounds up and down the country including ours. I have myself and I know of many others too. Despite what is said on this forum the board really are accessible to the fans. More so than any other board that I have known before or any other comparable club that I know of. Of course listening to the fans is not the same as agreeing with them and that''s where I think the problem lies.

I questioned Delia (not too long ago) concerning the current state of the team and the club.....Her reply? "Don''t bother coming then."

I suppose she was right......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Gazza, and I think there''s more than just those few who have voiced their concerns at forums and outside the various grounds up and down the country including ours. I have myself and I know of many others too. Despite what is said on this forum the board really are accessible to the fans. More so than any other board that I have known before or any other comparable club that I know of. Of course listening to the fans is not the same as agreeing with them and that''s where I think the problem lies.

[/quote]

Understatement of the century!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I questioned Delia (not too long ago) concerning the current state of the team and the club.....Her reply? "Don''t bother coming then."

I suppose she was right......

[/quote]she is right to an extent - though it is a hugely arrogant answer. That answer is valid to all fans who ask the question which suggests that ticket sales are so comfortable that she knowsthere will be others to take your seat - indicating that fans opinions are an irrelevance. Or that she is so punch drunk with the whole gig that she can''t be bothered so much anymore.If it''s an exact quote then it really really winds me up.

I find that an incredibly arrogant answer too. Maybe it was just an offhand remark on the spur of the moment. Mello I hope you gave a response worthy of your input on this board.

She may think that if Mello doesn''t attend others will. But for how long. Driving away long standing supporters because they question the running of the club cannot help either the board or the club in the long run. It''s strange as during her recent cookery series on BBC2 she looked pretty alarmed and depressed re the state of the club.

Mello, don''t let that remark keep you away, you were here long before Delia and will be here long after she''s gone. At least that''s my way of looking at it.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I find that an incredibly arrogant answer too. Maybe it was just an offhand remark on the spur of the moment. Mello I hope you gave a response worthy of your input on this board. She may think that if Mello doesn''t attend others will. But for how long. Driving away long standing supporters because they question the running of the club cannot help either the board or the club in the long run. It''s strange as during her recent cookery series on BBC2 she looked pretty alarmed and depressed re the state of the club. Mello, don''t let that remark keep you away, you were here long before Delia and will be here long after she''s gone. At least that''s my way of looking at it.[/quote]

I gave my ''vocal'' opinion concerning the team''s performance at fulltime at a recent game, (no booing, expletives, gestures or unacceptable behaviour) she heard me - and said her piece (call it passion if you like)......I actually laughed at her retort, and it''s now just water under the Novi Sad Bridge as far as I''m concerned.

On her recent cookery programme, she openly admitted (with Michael in agreement) that she doesn''t always think or engage her brain before opening her mouth....It''s not a criticism of Delia, we are all most certainly guilty of it (in the heat of the moment)......Ho Hum....

Something needs to be done here. Maybe one of the Archant columnists could take this up. It''s disgraceful that long standing supporters should be treated this way by the clubs majority owners. It''s the height of arrogance.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Something needs to be done here. Maybe one of the Archant columnists could take this up. It''s disgraceful that long standing supporters should be treated this way by the clubs majority owners. It''s the height of arrogance.

[/quote]

Nah, the height of passion.....probably.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I find that an incredibly arrogant answer too. Maybe it was just an offhand remark on the spur of the moment. Mello I hope you gave a response worthy of your input on this board. She may think that if Mello doesn''t attend others will. But for how long. Driving away long standing supporters because they question the running of the club cannot help either the board or the club in the long run. It''s strange as during her recent cookery series on BBC2 she looked pretty alarmed and depressed re the state of the club. Mello, don''t let that remark keep you away, you were here long before Delia and will be here long after she''s gone. At least that''s my way of looking at it.[/quote]

agreed! Delias got a very short memroy if she cant remember what attendances we were getting when she 1st tok over.. i bet she didnt attend EVERY game back then either...

jas :)

The board would have liked Hucks to stay, Delia would have been delighted if he had been here another year. Mumby''s comments were ''we''d love him to stay but it''s Glen''s decision''. Shame Glen got it wrong.

[quote user="james norwich"]The board would have liked Hucks to stay, Delia would have been delighted if he had been here another year. Mumby''s comments were ''we''d love him to stay but it''s Glen''s decision''. Shame Glen got it wrong.[/quote]

Have we had an utterance from the board at last?  Where did you find this James?

The most amusing thing about all of this is that a large minority (yes minority) of posters on here hate Delia being associated with us yet when she takes a back seat and keeps out of the limelight (probably due to recent(ish) comments on here) then she gets slated again!*. You can''t have it both ways for fu{k5 sake!...Some of you make me laugh, you really do.

*And before any clever b@st@rd5 try and point out ''but yes, we would of heard from her had we''ve been doing well!''.....Well, b0ll0ck5, we had a decent double figure unbeaten spell in the season, and she kept zipped then too.

[quote user="Alex"]

The most amusing thing about all of this is that a large minority (yes minority) of posters on here hate Delia being associated with us yet when she takes a back seat and keeps out of the limelight (probably due to recent(ish) comments on here) then she gets slated again!*. You can''t have it both ways for fu{k5 sake!...Some of you make me laugh, you really do.

*And before any clever b@st@rd5 try and point out ''but yes, we would of heard from her had we''ve been doing well!''.....Well, b0ll0ck5, we had a decent double figure unbeaten spell in the season, and she kept zipped then too.

[/quote]

I think it''s unarguable that someone in the boardroom should have fronted up about the way Hucks was released.  Not necessarily Delia though.

Cue reply from Alex saying it was all down to Glenn.  B****cks.

Poor old Delia can''t do anything right these days! Salty food, sat on the throne at the wrong time at the QPR game, no show at Huck''s departure, and now Gordon Ramsey''s knocking her down!

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.2263391.0.gordon_ramsay_slams_delia.php

Delias green ''n yella Army...

She''s our hero,

Let''s be ''avin'' you Delia, we all still love you really!

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Poor old Delia can''t do anything right these days! Salty food, sat on the throne at the wrong time at the QPR game, no show at Huck''s departure, and now Gordon Ramsey''s knocking her down!

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.2263391.0.gordon_ramsay_slams_delia.php

Delias green ''n yella Army...

She''s our hero,

Let''s be ''avin'' you Delia, we all still love you really!

[/quote]I''m suprised a man so self obsessed has anytime to talk about anyone. Excpet himself of course.