Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Dean Ashton - Windfall?

There seems to be strong rumours circulating that Manchester United are preparing a bid for Ashton after declaring they want a tall powerful striker in their ranks.. He had his usual game today against West Ham...scored an absolute cracker and then went off injured...

Should Manchester United or any other club make a bid for him, am i right in saying we get 15% of any figure? or is it 15% on any profit West Ham make (i.e 15% over the 7.5mill)

Yes, but he would be an expensive luxury to have seeing as how he is injured all the time. Why would Man Utd want two Saha''s!

Did we not waive the Ashton sell-on clause as part of the deal to take Peter Grant off West Ham? Might have imagined that bit, but I''m sure I read it somewhere.

[quote user="MK Canary"]Did we not waive the Ashton sell-on clause as part of the deal to take Peter Grant off West Ham? Might have imagined that bit, but I''m sure I read it somewhere.[/quote]Yeah I was thinking the same thing, surely we both can''t be wrong?! Tongue Tied [:S]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I thought we just waived the Ashton''s International Cap bonus.[/quote]My impression as well, and i don''t think we had a sell on fee for Green...

A clause on profit is pretty ridiculous... why not a clause on the full amount? makes much more sense.

Man Utd have a habit of paying too much for players they really want, they paid 30 million for Rio Ferdinand, massive amounts for Nani and Anderson (considering their age) and also for players such as Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves.

I reckon Man Utd could pay 15 to 20 million for Ashton and we could get quite a healthy sell on, thats what I''m hoping anyway.

players that have been awesome for them.Carrick - completly changed their teamNani - good prospectAnderson - has been awesome this season and a good prospectHargreaves - has provided invaluable cover for the run in and proved to be a good playerFerdinand - i rate as the best defender in the world.depends if Ashton has the potential to be THAT good.

Won''t make any difference if we did get a windfall from Ashton being sold, it''s already been budgeted for.

I hope he doesn''t leave West Ham to go to Man United. For the sake of a few hundred thousand pounds it would hurt seeing how much they got for him..

"Won''t make any difference if we did get a windfall from Ashton being sold, it''s already been budgeted for."

Obviously not.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]I hope he doesn''t leave West Ham to go to Man United. For the sake of a few hundred thousand pounds it would hurt seeing how much they got for him..[/quote]

I just hope he fulfills the immense potential he obviously has.      

Was a pleasure to see such class at FCR

(...before we played route 1 when relegated and debased his talents)

DEANO for England

Why would Manchester Utd want Ashton!! Even the fans at the hammers are disappointed with him as he is injured more than fit, and he''s only scored 7 this season hardly world class which you need to be to play for  Manchester United. Ashton is not the grade of player that Man U would go for surely. If they were going to buy somebody up front it has to somebody like Dimitar Berbatov from Spurs? Sorry don’t see Ashton going to United. Money from the sale would be nice though.

He''s more likely to go to Newcastle for replace Viduka or maybe to Man City surely?

I''m sure he sees himself as needing to be at a ''bigger'' club and I reckon his agent probably thinks it''s time for another pay-day.

If we get a % then fine and dandy.