Sign in to follow this  
Iwan=legend

Hucks talks planned

Anyone seen on Waghorn''s site? Roeder didn''t give much away, but at least it seems like he''s actually going to speak to the agent!

All we were waiting for was our Championship status to be confirmed, we were all told that several times.  They are obviously now going to talk and Roeder is not stupid, he can get Huckerby for a one year extension on half his current cash with appearance bonus whacked up and get a top impact player next season.

[quote user="kwrtw"]Anyone seen on Waghorn''s site? Roeder didn''t give much away, but at least it seems like he''s actually going to speak to the agent![/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

All we were waiting for was our Championship status to be confirmed, we were all told that several times.  [

[/quote]

So how come Fozzy/Doc have been spoken to then and didn''t have to wait for our status to be confirmed??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="JC"]

All we were waiting for was our Championship status to be confirmed, we were all told that several times.  [

[/quote]

So how come Fozzy/Doc have been spoken to then and didn''t have to wait for our status to be confirmed??

[/quote]Because Doc and Fozzy are not our top earners. Doc and Fozzy are neccessities rather than expensive luxuries. They haven''t been offered new deals prior to our safety being confirmed as far as i am aware?!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it could be because of his level of wages, would have been a big risk in League 1 - well, I hope so anyway.  

I really hope we give him another year..he deserves it...still has something to offer and clearly from yesterdays game you can see his heart is still in it.
Even if he doesn''t play every game he wil be good there for the younger players to have around, a good bit of experience. I guess a big issue with this is whether he''l take a wage cut because if it means we can get a few players for his wages then it would be better to do that...but we''l see

It could well end up being about money and Hucks''s willingness to take a cut, as he was reportedly on more than anyone else.  From the Club''s perspective you''d have to say he is no longer quite the star of the side that he was, so whilst he is still worth a place in the squad, he is no longer worth that ''premium''.  For his part, you''d think/hope that with a settled family in the area and all that, he''d be happy enough to stay for less ££ - and it is not as if he would ever be a pauper on the wages we could offer - but you never know.  I guess time will tell. 

I think most of us would prefer him to stay on for another season, but we can''t afford to pay on past performances, and imo if it was a straight choice between Ched and Hucks, I would go with the former whilst thanking Hucks for all he''s done.

Hucks is far from beiing a spent force, has maintained his wonderful levels of fitness, would still be a major player for us next season, we wouldn''t be able to afford a replacement of a similar ability and I''ve never seen anyone quite like him play in a Norwich shirt not even in all the top flight glory years.

Hucks is a well known ''dramaqueen'' and has no doubt been stirring things up when he knew all along that talks would only start after we knew which league we''d be playing in next season!

If hes not signed on again it will be a terrible injustice and would heap pressure on Roeder if we have another struggle next season!

[quote user="ricky knight"]If we have any ambition for next year we should BEG him to stay, pay Man City for Evans, go back for Taylor and go on from there.[/quote]

Well said, I know that he may be on about 15000 grand a week but offer him a contract of say half or 3/4, he would except it.

If the board think that they can still fill the stadium with average Joe''s the odd star and a plethora of loans......Why should they push the boat out - and spend money that can be channelled, to more lucrative ''alternatives''....''offa the field''? 

Why did we wait so long if the board aren''t willing to match the high wages he is currently on. Surely if they wanted him to stay on reduced wages they would have at least started negotiations sooner. If other clubs offer him higher salaries then who can blame huckerby if he goes, seeing the way he has been treated.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

It could well end up being about money and Hucks''s willingness to take a cut, as he was reportedly on more than anyone else.  From the Club''s perspective you''d have to say he is no longer quite the star of the side that he was, so whilst he is still worth a place in the squad, he is no longer worth that ''premium''.  For his part, you''d think/hope that with a settled family in the area and all that, he''d be happy enough to stay for less ££ - and it is not as if he would ever be a pauper on the wages we could offer - but you never know.  I guess time will tell. 

I think most of us would prefer him to stay on for another season, but we can''t afford to pay on past performances, and imo if it was a straight choice between Ched and Hucks, I would go with the former whilst thanking Hucks for all he''s done.

[/quote]

Absoluely right and this is what I have been trying to say all along. Hucks is NOT the player he was, in fact he is nowhere near the player he was. Trouble is most fans just refuse to accept that reality. Sure he can still...''do a job'' but as you say if it did come down to Evans OR Hucks there can only be one answer to that!!