Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Hucks looked in tears...

anyone else spot it during the lap of ''honour''? Hucks looked like he was crying when he got round to the barclay...

Make of that what you will....

jas :)

He looked extremely detached from everyone, it was an interesting sight. As you say, interesting reaction from Hucks.

I really think Huckerby  doesnt know what will happen.

I think he realised it could be his last game, his goodbye and so that made him very very emotional. But, i dont think it signals that he is definately leaving.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I think he realised it could be his last game, his goodbye and so that made him very very emotional. But, i dont think it signals that he is definately leaving.

[/quote]Well said HUDDY, I was then going to post something similar.

Yep I was gonna post the same thing. It was really unlike huckerby, he was right at the back of the group and looked very emotional and withdrawn. I really hope they do extend his contract and that this is unecessary worying on ours and his parts. (btw was his family there? because the last couple of times they have)

[quote user="Fellas"]Yep I was gonna post the same thing. It was really unlike huckerby, he was right at the back of the group and looked very emotional and withdrawn. I really hope they do extend his contract and that this is unecessary worying on ours and his parts. (btw was his family there? because the last couple of times they have)[/quote]Yes, his wife and Children were there. He was basically walking with them for the whole lap other than talking to Dublin and Captain Canary for a little bit. He didn''t really respond to the crowd much unless there was a big shout of his name or something. It was strange. As previously said, it''s possibly because he doesn''t know himself.But you could see from todays game; there''s still plenty left in Huckerby yet...

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

I reckon you''re spot on there Huddy!

AJ don''t know where you were sitting, but Hucks responded to us in the L Barclay D and E block several times during the game when we were doing our best to sing his name and sign him up etc.

On the lap of honour he stood in front of us and looked shell shocked, luckily Dion was there to sort of lead him away. I was in tears most of the second half. The club have handled this badly; whether or not he does stay the uncertainty has not shown anyone in management in a particularly good light.

Thanks Hucks, you were great again today. A true legend who will be remembered for a long long time.

I agree with Gazza that the club have handled this very badly and tbh its made me quite angry. If they don''t want him next year why couldn''t they just have been honest and told him and if they did want him why couldn''t they have made him an offer subject to us staying up.

He did look upset at the end and the lap of thanks seemed a struggle for him, shame that we have let such a legend and loyal person bow out like that.

Hope I get to see Mr Roeder tomorrow!

Cityangel is spot on. I can understand the club holding off on a deal until safety is secured but if they dont sign him up again now it is well out of order towards both Hux and the fans. To deny them saying a proper goodbye in this manner would be dispicable. And then if they were going to offer a deal if we survived why not offer the deal subject to survival and go public with it or at least tell Hux so he knows where he stands. He isnt the sort to throw his toys out and give up if he knew he was leaving. He still would have wanted to give the fans a goodbye present by way of a great performance. Why they have left things up in the air like this I dont know but I guess we will all forgive and forget if they give him another contract.

[quote user="jimmy500"]Reckon he will be offered a new contract any time soon now safety is secured.  He would have been an expensive luxury in league 1.[/quote]

Sez you....

just lookin at Hucks yesterday makes me think he knows he is off.. i have a feeling a decision has already been made and he had been told before the game.

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

Hope I get to see Mr Roeder tomorrow!

[/quote]Hope he doesn''t have any pet rabbits [;)]Seriously though, the whole thing has been handled pretty badly. I guess the uncertainty over which division we were going to be in next season didn''t help as I doubt we could have afforded Hucks wages in League 1. I''m sure the full story will come out one day but until then nobody really knows what has been going on behind the scenes.If you do bump into Glenn Roeder today why not congratulate him on a job well done rather than berating him for any perceived ill treatment of "your Hucks"?

Shack Attack, I think CA was a bit tongue in cheek with that remark, and for the record she and I attended the recent NCISA forum where I think you can assume most of the people there were grateful for his input and all he has done this season.

From my point of view, it''s not necessarily Glenn Roeder who we need to question about leaving contract talking to the last minute. He was brought in to save us from relegation which he has done, and not only that he''s brought back proper football.

The Hucks issue can now be sorted out, hopefully to the effect he will stay. I think what has upset CA and myself and undoubtedly others is yesterday could have been our only chance to say goodbye and give him a send off. After all if he is off, not so many of us can go to Sheff Wed. Not such a great end to a great spell for Hucks at NCFC, and not a great way to treat a player who has done so much for this club.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Hope he doesn''t have any pet rabbits ]

[/quote]

Is that the best you can do??

I just hope that Hucks being at the back means he is staying as he never wanted to take the highlight from Dion on his last home game. Here''s hoping.

I seem to remember from pervious seasons that he is always at the back, milking it a bit?

[quote user="Fellas"]Yep I was gonna post the same thing. It was really unlike huckerby, he was right at the back of the group and looked very emotional and withdrawn. I really hope they do extend his contract and that this is unecessary worying on ours and his parts. (btw was his family there? because the last couple of times they have)
[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="jimmy500"]Reckon he will be offered a new contract any time soon now safety is secured.  He would have been an expensive luxury in league 1.[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

I seem to remember from pervious seasons that he is always at the back, milking it a bit?

[quote user="Fellas"]Yep I was gonna post the same thing. It was really unlike huckerby, he was right at the back of the group and looked very emotional and withdrawn. I really hope they do extend his contract and that this is unecessary worying on ours and his parts. (btw was his family there? because the last couple of times they have)[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe. I just seemed to remember him being at the front. Unfortunately I couldn''t make the last game of the season last year but in previous seasons he''s usually near the front with his kids and wife.I hope we are reading too much in to this.

Not sure if this will come out but if it does look at his face, that tells its own story. Will be interested to see if he''s at Open Day today!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/nch%20v%20qpr%2026%20-%204%20-08/nchvQPR026.jpg[/IMG]

I''ve got loads more pics if people who couldn''t go want to see them, if its ok with the Mods to put them up.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Hope he doesn''t have any pet rabbits ][/quote]

Is that the best you can do??

[/quote]

Sadly, yes it is. I mean no offence but you do go a little bit over the top when it comes to Hucks.

I hope you gave that nasty Mr Roeder a piece of your mind for the way he''s treated poor defenceless ickle Darren [:$] [;)] [:P]

Over the top? Why do you say that.? For my money, CA is only voicing her concerns over one, the treatment and lack of respect shown to a player who has done more for this club than almost anyone still employed there. Secondly she is only saying what a lot of us feel (and don''t think it''s just a few maniacs typing away on messageboards). I was overwhelmed with the amount of people I spoke to on Saturday who think he''s not only been badly treated, but should stay another season. Before yesterday I woudn'';t have put most of them as being big fans of the player.

Funny really, the club is all for celebrating the canary greats with a bunch of second rate pop stars and can''t do it with one of the greatest ever players to have worn the shirt.

And yes, I maybe a sentimental old fool, but I, like City Angel care about what happens to this club and some of the values it once held.

Calm down Gazza. The point I''m trying to make (albeit very badly [:$] ) is that nobody here knows the full story of what''s gone on behind the scenes. Surely it would be better to wait until the conclusion of this little episode before we get to carried away. I''m sure if Hucks does end up leaving that he won''t hold back and we will find out the full story of what has gone on.

For what it''s worth Hucks is the most exciting player I''ve ever seen in a City shirt and I love the bloke. However, he''s struggled with injury this season and from what we''ve heard from both him and the club it appears that this is a long term issue that needs careful management. People say that he''s been back on form over the last few weeks but can we really afford to have our top earner on form for only a handful of games next season. There''s a major rebuilding job to be done and I''m not sure we can afford to be carrying ''passengers'' for part of the season when his wages could be used to bring in young, hungry players.

I''d love to see Hucks stay for another season (I was just in a sarcastic mood over the weekend [;)] ) but only if he can perform to the best of his abilities on a regular basis. The point I was trying to make is that we should be careful about letting any sentimentality cloud our judgement on what is a very important decision and wait until we have the full facts.

Why would he have been such a luxury in league 1? I should imagine that for the first season the attendences would still be high - and a player like Darren would terrorise league 1 defences - probably enough to get us back to the championship in one go. What price that ....?

IMO the whole episode stinks of yet more prudence. Instead of prudence with ambition, now we have prudence with ignorance. 

[quote user="astrodyne"]

Why would he have been such a luxury in league 1? I should imagine that for the first season the attendences would still be high - and a player like Darren would terrorise league 1 defences - probably enough to get us back to the championship in one go. What price that ....?

IMO the whole episode stinks of yet more prudence. Instead of prudence with ambition, now we have prudence with ignorance. 

[/quote]Spot on! I assume those same people think that beckford and kandol are luxuries in league 1 for Leeds, but if they han''t of been there leeds would have been nowhere this season.