Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy.

Here we go then Ray,

As you said Ray I''ve had some dodgy rounds this year and been near K.O.''d with a couple of heavy blows, but I am bouncing back off the ropes and am not ready to throw the towel in.

To business,

(1) My bet of the week is Man.Utd to beat West Ham, if they hadn''t beaten Barc the other night I would have been reluctant to pick them.  The capable duo of Yankee and Nutty endorse my views, so ''nuff said. Also Greeno will let a few in surely when he sees it''s for Arrdee ha ha !

(2) The obvious majority vote this week is Notts Forest to beat Yeovil, they often fail the "big" games but I feel that they come good this time and pip Doncaster, (who have a difficult away match) to the Automatic promotion spot .Cheers to Ray, P''boro Canary, inch high, Hissing Sid for making this one easy to pick.

(3) Had I not gone for Man.Utd this week my nap would have been lively Lincoln to beat woeful Wrexham. camuldonum,lappin agree with me.

(4) Blackburn v Derby, well ANYONE v Derby is surely a good bet. Also spotted by DDD

(5) City Angel has spotted another good thing in score-for-fun M.K.D v Morecombe (who are missing that talented young keeper they had) . Looks good to me Angel

(6) Arsenal v Everton, must admit I hadn''t considered this one until Shack Attack suggested it. His reasoning is good, Arsenal are looking good again without the pressure of the title chase and I noticed Everton on T.V. the other day were a mere shadow of themselves a few weeks ago. Congrats on your 1000th Shack and the McWigan thing was great !

Of course I had to omit some good sugestions :-

Fulham v Birmingham too much at stake for both teams for me to have any confidence either way NYcanary

A.Villa v Wigan was a definate maybe for me but I chose the Arsenal match instead, sorry norfolkchance1

Southend and Leeds are both safe for the play-offs and may be saving themselves, as I see it Trent and Leeds Canary

Wolves v Plymouth, well maybe we8wba, I hope so if only to keep Ipswich below them.

All the others were away wins, aways are always dodgy to me , but the last game of the season the home fans tend to raise their teams even more thus making an away win even more unlikely. Thanks though blah3, Berkshire, cosmic and Fat Barman

So there it is Ray, in the Sea of (end-of-season) uncertainty I think we have some good bets there.

Cheers Jim.

Looks good to me. To be honest I agree with you around my pick. Theres a lot of safe choices this week and luckily everyone has spotted them for you. Best of luck!

on paper it looks awesome week for your selections

good luck and what a way to end the football league season

ardee will there be prem one the week after

maybe you could work your charm on the all english champs league final for a free scorecast bet?

any news on euro 08?

playoffs?

local game down the park lol?

im just full of enthuasism and questions today

Now You lovely old Gentleman Jim , I have never ever said you have ever had some dodgy rounds this season , for goodness sake Jim your selections have always been spot on , as they are again this week . I know when the wonderful "talented one" reveals the top tipster of the season I know Gentleman Jim will be about there somewhere ......arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                    £212-56p thanks Norfolkchance1. 

Now we8 there is one more week left on the Free Bet after this one . There will just be the Prem and a big programme from Europe .

So we8 what are you like with the Spanish and Italian leagues ? The man in charge on the final week is your old sparring partner Devonshire , who is quite a fan of w.b.a. so you have to take your hat off to him we8 he was right .[:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                        £212-56p     wonderful Norfolkchance1

Yes the bet is on you lovely old Pickers , thanks to the wonderful Gentleman Jim and of course Dixmar Racing the odds are ....

Man Utd--------------------2-11

Blackburn-------------------3-10

Arsenal----------------------8-11

Notts Forest-----------------3-10

Lincoln-----------------------8-11

M.K,Dons-------------------4-7

Which will win for the Academy £83-63p which is wonderful as all the selections look like winners . I put the same bet through Boyle Sports they would pay £57-71p which just goes to show you how Billy Dixon looks after us Pickers .

So thanks once again Gentleman Jim you have been magnificent even taking part in my silly theme ,well done Jim. I hope you enjoy you holiday Chris , catch you later . So good luck to all you lovely old Pickers , get ready to count the money...[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                     £212-56p yep Norfolkchance1

It''s 3-1 now...

Let''s hope nothing untoward happens and we are still running at 3pm.

Good picks Gentleman Jim [Y] Good luck sir [Y][Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

,,,,,untoward has happened nutty, in the form of Ashton plus red card......from 3-0 squeaky clean to 3-1 10 men squeaky bum as Sir Alex might say............

One down Jim. Now we just have to tick them off one at a time until the finish line. I''m with you Jim every step, grunt and bit of adversity along the way.

Yep that''s the first one in , well done Yankee , Nutty , and Gentleman Jim . I was on stand by just in case Man U did not produce , I was spooning Norfolk''s finest honey down my throat thinking if the worst came to the worst I would have to approach Billy Dixon asking If perhaps we could run with a 5 timer and I knew I would need all that honey my tongue could cope with . Thankfully we wont need that know , lets see them all come in know [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

[quote user="arrdee"]

Yep that''s the first one in , well done Yankee , Nutty , and Gentleman Jim . I was on stand by just in case Man U did not produce , I was spooning Norfolk''s finest honey down my throat thinking if the worst came to the worst I would have to approach Billy Dixon asking If perhaps we could run with a 5 timer and I knew I would need all that honey my tongue could cope with . Thankfully we wont need that now , lets see them all come in now [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,

[/quote] 

you never know what you are going to get from me on a Saturday . arrdee.

Sorry I let you down too with my MK Dons selection [:(]

[quote user="arrdee"]As I read it at the moment we are looking for Lincoln to do something .[/quote]

Sorry about that arrdee - typical Lincoln!  The BBC text showed 57 per cent of the game to us but we managed to be losing 3-1 at the same time.  Sorry to let you down!

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="arrdee"]As I read it at the moment we are looking for Lincoln to do something .[/quote]

Sorry about that arrdee - typical Lincoln!  The BBC text showed 57 per cent of the game to us but we managed to be losing 3-1 at the same time.  Sorry to let you down!

[/quote]

Now "cam" you lovely old boy , in case you don''t know we don''t have "sorrys" on the Free Bet thread . The Free Bet is just a bit of fun for the city fans to enjoy themselves with . I don''t feel like doing it anymore if all the fans are going to have sorrows , so you can cut that out straight away , that is not the idea at all . arrdee.

[quote user="cityangel"]Sorry I let you down too with my MK Dons selection [:(][/quote]

Now Angel you should know better than coming out with the sorrows , arrdee wont have any of you lovely Pickers being sorry , what are you sorry about ? we have all had a bit of fun that''s all, no ones lost anything , Its just entertainment Angel that''s all.... arrdee.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]unlucky jimbo - always next season...
[/quote]

Yes indeed Gentleman Jim hard luck it was , It seems the end of the season has been harder than the start for some reason or other , it seems  to me that a lot of teams weren''t too fussed this weekend , lets hope this malaise doesnt spread to our very own Norwich City this afternoon .

Yes we have one more week left as I did squeeze another week out of Dixmar , so I will be looking for your selections next weekend Lucky green , as you say there is always next season , well lets hope so , I will be doing my best for you lovely old Pickers and our wonderful club , Its all down to Billy Dixon and arrdee sugar coated tongue , now I know a lot of you say there is no contest there and you know arrdee always gets his own way in the end , [;)] so I live in hope .arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                               £212-56p wonderful Norfolkchance1

wolves have to win so they will win, kightly and ebanks on fire lately as well

WOLVES WIN

but also us to miss out on playoffs

[:(]

Hi Ray,

I have been away the weekend and only managed to follow fragments of the goings on.

I watched the Man.Utd match  on Sky in London and after that had to pop into various high street bookies to try and keep up with the latest scores, I thought we were on song at about the half time mark but then it all went pear shaped in the various second halves.

And then on sunday I learned that City had gone 1-4 it just about soured the whole weekend.

I am most dissappointed because I had high hopes for this weekend, never mind onwards and upwards. Roll on next week !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Hi Ray,

I have been away the weekend and only managed to follow fragments of the goings on.

I watched the Man.Utd match  on Sky in London and after that had to pop into various high street bookies to try and keep up with the latest scores, I thought we were on song at about the half time mark but then it all went pear shaped in the various second halves.

And then on sunday I learned that City had gone 1-4 it just about soured the whole weekend.

I am most dissappointed because I had high hopes for this weekend, never mind onwards and upwards. Roll on next week !

[/quote]

Exactly Gentleman Jim you lovely old boy , you done us proud,  at half time we looked home and hosed . You have nothing to reproach yourself about Jim , you know arrdee wont have any finger pointing on the Free Bet pages , we are all one happy family , all lovely old city fans every  man jack of us . Uumm  been to London have you Jim ? remind me never to have a argument with you, as no doubt you have learnt everything from you trip to the big smoke from your hosts , who are never at a loss to tell you where you are going wrong .arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                           £212-56p  yes Norfolkchance1