Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Stoke are a disgrace

Last night they only got 15000 for their home game against Palace, yet they have every chance of automatic promotion. A disgrace in my opinion

Given the standard of football im not surprised! What a terrible match.

But yes its a bit strange, but then ive got no idea of the local population/catchment area.

It was nowhere near full for the Norwich game either, and they were only charging £6 for a ticket that day too! I listened to some of this game on radio5 driving home last night and apparently Palace only took about 200 for the game.

That is really poor isn''t it? Stoke is a dump too, second worst place in England.

There ground is simply just to big for them.  If we had a ground that big I''m positive we would fill it now let alone if we were top of the league.  It just go''s to show how lucky our team is to have such great support.

Didnt we get 1,000 fans go to Blackpool for a mid-week game?  Thats how good our support is.

15,000 is terrible for a team looking for automatic promotion this season. Only a few games left and so little numbers....mind you....the style of football they play, if i were a stoke fan id rather stay in and watch a league 1 game on sky!

[quote user="blacko"]Last night they only got 15000 for their home game against Palace, yet they have every chance of automatic promotion. A disgrace in my opinion
[/quote]

Stoke is a 3rd world country, with low wages and hyper-inflation for the most prized commodities, Weak Lager, Chicken Balti and Shish Kebab.  Most of the 15,000 people who can afford tickets don''t actually live in Stoke, but fly in on private helicopters from affluent parts of Cheshire, where there is a growing demand for "real football" from people who would be Man Utd supporters, but who don''t understand irony.  Some Stoke residing season ticket holders do exist, but if they don''t own a pub, Indian Restaurant or a Kebab shop, affording a ticket is a struggle.  It can take a family of 4 wage earners 15 years to buy a season ticket, 20 years if one of the wage earners succumbs to Shish Kebab addiction.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="blacko"]Last night they only got 15000 for their home game against Palace, yet they have every chance of automatic promotion. A disgrace in my opinion
[/quote]

Stoke is a 3rd world country, with low wages and hyper-inflation for the most prized commodities, Weak Lager, Chicken Balti and Shish Kebab.  Most of the 15,000 people who can afford tickets don''t actually live in Stoke, but fly in on private helicopters from affluent parts of Cheshire, where there is a growing demand for "real football" from people who would be Man Utd supporters, but who don''t understand irony.  Some Stoke residing season ticket holders do exist, but if they don''t own a pub, Indian Restaurant or a Kebab shop, affording a ticket is a struggle.  It can take a family of 4 wage earners 15 years to buy a season ticket, 20 years if one of the wage earners succumbs to Shish Kebab addiction.

[/quote]

This is disgraceful and prejudiced commentary. Have a heart. Did you know, the prices of their much prized kebabs double from one game to the next, such is the extent of the ''babflation''...[:$]

It''s not just Stoke but how about Bristol City and Watford too, Hull fans have just woken up and they filled their ground last week. Our players are spoilt becuase we support our club come rain or shine!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stoke''s plight is a result of years of civil war and relentless drought. Recently Sir Bob Geldoff visited refugee camps at the Potteries Centre in the city centre to highlight the squalor there.

18 hour shifts in the pottery mines would have prevented a higher turnout for the match as would the prohibitive costs of tickets.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Phil "The Power" Taylor''s from Stoke, so it can''t be that bad.[/quote]

A classic weak lager [B] and kebab addict.

The captain of the Titanic was from Stoke.

We got 15,000 turning up when we had Hamilton attempting what some people would call football management but looked more like an excersise in circus football.Here comes the Dutch Magician Pair, amazing pace, amazing skill and look *poof* they are mearly an illusion! Not to mention Des Hamilton erghhhhh!Infact why the hell did I even bother going to those games?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

At least Stoke don''t let mediocre gates hinder their ambition.  The real disgrace is the way our fans are being shortchanged.

[/quote]

Don''t you get bored of this type of post? It''s dull as dishwater my friend. [|-)]

[quote user="chicken"]
Infact why the hell did I even bother going to those games?
[/quote]

In a wierd way, they were quite funny....

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

At least Stoke don''t let mediocre gates hinder their ambition.  The real disgrace is the way our fans are being shortchanged.

[/quote]

Don''t you get bored of this type of post? It''s dull as dishwater my friend. [|-)]

[/quote]

I do, believe me.  I''m bored to death by our club''s pursuit of underachievement.  I used to support a club that took pride in punching its weight.

wba more discrace mate

top league, couldnt sell semi final tickets! now last two home games have to introduce quids for quid as they cant sell out

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Don''t you get bored of this type of post? It''s dull as dishwater my friend. Sleep [|-)]

[/quote]

Agreed, let''s suppress intelligent debate, because its "dull".

[/quote]

Rubbish!!!

Is it intelligent debate to introduce a "our board''s killing the club" post to every thread?

Karen Brady is arrested....so our board are criminals!

Man Utd reach the semi finals....our board don''t back the manager.

Hurricane Katrina strikes...it''s our board''s fault!

How on earth is our board relevant when discussing Stoke City''s gates?

It''s just dull.

Why not start a "what do you think of our board" thread and let those who wish to continue to flog the life out of this issue do so.

To keep hijacking threads with this type of post is dull. [|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)]