Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Ips*it away- no TV coverage?

having a look at the tv listings it seems next Sunday''s derby isn''t being covered live on tv at all - please tell me if i''m wrong

you''d think there is enough interest to warrant live coverage - oh well, i guess we''re always bad when we''re on tv

ps. always sh*t on the old blue and white

Sky are showing Liverpool v Blackburn at 1.30pm and Man Utd v Arsenal at 4pm.

Much more interesting than 2 championship teams with nothing to play for [:)]

Are any of you interested in seeing Sheff Utd v Sheff wed? Preston v Burnley? Coventry v Leicester?

If the answer is no, then thats probably why a game between two average teams, at the business end of the season is not being shown. As frustrating as it is...

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sky are showing Liverpool v Blackburn at 1.30pm and Man Utd v Arsenal at 4pm.

Much more interesting than 2 championship teams with nothing to play for [:)]

[/quote]

Oh well its Stoke V Palace tomorrow night on SS1.....

There must be some dodgy foreign channel covering it? Anyone know?

ive been told its going to be on Fox Sports Australia this weekend.., which means there will be a live net stream.. My man in australia is looking to try and find a stream feed for us all..

when i know i''ll post a link....

jas :)

There would be interest in East Anglia though. Let the local broadcasters put it out. It can''t cost that much, as Anglia used to broadcast Match of the Week. Technology is more advanced so it should be even cheaper.Sky could receive a fee, ticket sales would not be hit and the clubs would benefit through increased advertising revenue. And fans ( remember them) would also benefit.Problem is it might suggest to viewers how they are being robbed by the present ''bundling'' system whereby fans have to purchase the whole package rather than what they actually want to watch.Might be academic soon as technology will allow some ''unscrupulous'' fan to watch the game with a mini camera on his specs whilst he transmits it back to a website.  We could even hear his commentary rather than the crud put out now.

Sky have the right and dont do local broadcasting, if ITV tried to buy the right just for Anglia, they would have to do it for all lower league local derbys.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]There would be interest in East Anglia though. Let the local broadcasters put it out. It can''t cost that much, as Anglia used to broadcast Match of the Week. Technology is more advanced so it should be even cheaper.

Sky could receive a fee, ticket sales would not be hit and the clubs would benefit through increased advertising revenue. And fans ( remember them) would also benefit.

Problem is it might suggest to viewers how they are being robbed by the present ''bundling'' system whereby fans have to purchase the whole package rather than what they actually want to watch.

Might be academic soon as technology will allow some ''unscrupulous'' fan to watch the game with a mini camera on his specs whilst he transmits it back to a website.  We could even hear his commentary rather than the crud put out now.
[/quote]

This idea of yours Ralph, is far too sensible to ever happen, I''m pretty sure, way back a bit, that Anglia did use to cover it.

The home game with the infamous Ipswich penalty that never was - I remember watching that one on ITV. Not sure there''s been any since then though...

games like this are never on sky and i dont see why they arent, everyone loves watching a great derby especially when there something on the line i.e playoff spot for your rivals

but sky just dont fancy derby games unless it involves arsenal, liverpool or manutd sadly

ps come on norwich help us big old bad wolfies on just one more time pleassssssssssse

no news on a stream yet people...

however.. online bookies bwin.com show games live over thier website (they are showing the man utd game) it costs nothing to sign up and u dont need to place a bet...www.bwin.com and log back in on the day of the game to see if its showing...

Nothing to lose by trying it... I signed up last night but couldnt find their streaming list for this weeks sport apart from Man utd.. they NORMALLY show a few games on the day.. but no gaurentee if its us.

Business idea for next time City Board-

Beamback to Carrow Road? Would fill a stand at least

[quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]

games like this are never on sky and i dont see why they arent

[/quote]They are. Norwich v Ipswich was on last time we played in october.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]

[/quote]

They are. Norwich v Ipswich was on last time we played in october.
[/quote]

And both times last season

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And last season, and the season before that...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And last season, and the season before that...

[/quote]

but did ITV sports put them on, that is the key question in all of this, and hopefully that link eariler on gets the game, it had stoke

the majority of derbies are played 12noon sunday! many of these arent shown due to the premier league having two games shown on sunday. championship games now usually shown on saturday tea time and the odd monday evening

[quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]the majority of derbies are played 12noon sunday! many of these arent shown due to the premier league having two games shown on sunday. championship games now usually shown on saturday tea time and the odd monday evening[/quote]

I dont agree that the majority of derby games are played Sundays at 12 or are you just talking about Ipswich v Norwich games?

[quote user="POMPEY FAN FOR A WEEK"]the majority of derbies are played 12noon sunday! many of these arent shown due to the premier league having two games shown on sunday. championship games now usually shown on saturday tea time and the odd monday evening[/quote]

Just like the Sheffield derby which happens to be tonight, yeah?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ive been told its going to be on Fox Sports Australia this weekend.., which means there will be a live net stream.. My man in australia is looking to try and find a stream feed for us all..

when i know i''ll post a link....

[/quote]There is no coverage in Aust this weekend which is most dissapointing, there was a spot for "Football" at the start of the week but they have changed their programming.http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/0,22520,20080413,00.htmlFoxSports 1 - AFL - ReplayFoxSports 2 - MotoGP - LIVEFoxSports 3 - The Masters Round 3 - Highlights.Normally we only get the game live here if it is on Sky there.

Agreed C A.

Look at Col u vs the Scum last week.. not strictly a "derby" i know but it still kicked off at 3pm saturday!

Another derby not on a Sunday is Woves v WBA Tuesday at 19:45.

Woould like to know why ours can''t be played on a Saturday? Club says its the police and according to someone on the main website messageboard the police say they don''t ask for it to be moved?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]are these streams actually illeagal?
(i dont care, im watching it anyway, but i just want to know)
[/quote]

I''m pretty sure they are, yes.

me and my mate have just found this site....  and according to the live playlist Ipswich vs Norwich is live online streaming on sunday!!!

www.watchlivefootball.me.uk

has anyone done this, its £5.95 to sign up as a one off payment and then free to watch anything anytime!!!

seems cheap to watch us beat the scum....!!!!!