Sign in to follow this  
Future Radio

Help please read this could be the end of the Canaries!

Due to

some ridiculous new legislation and interference from animal rights people in Europe it could be that we have to

remove the Canary from all shirts and merchandise all in the name of animal

cruelty! It was on the Future Radio this morning so they may get more details

later – any club in
Europe with an animal on their badge

will have to remove it

The club

are apparently going mad about it and it could cost the club over a £1.5. It’s

already been accepted in Germany and France and is heading over here – any

mascots also have to be replaced

This

could cost the club a packet so please, please if you care about the club do

something about it send messages to the club, papers and media and get this

stupidity overturned

Future Radio eh? I can almost hear their Partridge-esque presenter now. My car radio once accidentally stumbled on their sorry excuse for radio on its weekly trip from Radio 1 to Norfolk for the footy - and straight back to R1 after the match! Have you heard the rest of Norfolk''s output? Seems to consist almost entirely of old people called Doris or Fred phoning in to say how bad the weather is.

yes so ture, think of all those canaries being harmed by being depicted on football shirts, it''s an outrage.

[quote user="T Man"]

Due to some ridiculous new legislation and interference from animal rights people in Europe it could be that we have to remove the Canary from all shirts and merchandise all in the name of animal cruelty! It was on the Future Radio this morning so they may get more details later – any club in Europe with an animal on their badge will have to remove it

The club are apparently going mad about it and it could cost the club over a £1.5. It’s already been accepted in Germany and France and is heading over here – any mascots also have to be replaced

This could cost the club a packet so please, please if you care about the club do something about it send messages to the club, papers and media and get this stupidity overturned

[/quote]

Couldn''t we just have an empty cage for a logo...with the door left open? ...quite apt I''m thinking!

[quote user="T Man"]

Due to some ridiculous new legislation and interference from animal rights people in Europe it could be that we have to remove the Canary from all shirts and merchandise all in the name of animal cruelty! It was on the Future Radio this morning so they may get more details later – any club in Europe with an animal on their badge will have to remove it

The club are apparently going mad about it and it could cost the club over a £1.5. It’s already been accepted in Germany and France and is heading over here – any mascots also have to be replaced

This could cost the club a packet so please, please if you care about the club do something about it send messages to the club, papers and media and get this stupidity overturned

[/quote]

Couldn''t we just have an empty birdcage for a logo...with the door left open? ...quite apt I''m thinking!

[quote user="T Man"]

[/quote]

Just heard we are replacing our logo with a flying Penguin

To heck with those continental ninnies.  The French and Germans be d#mned if they want to cave in to pressure from a bunch of loonies like PETA.  I will not give up Tweety Bird as my team''s mascot. I mean, how is it harming animals anyways?  This is pure lunacy, a left-wing group making trouble and costing society money just for the sake of making trouble.

Come on you Yellows and supporters, let''s stand tall and proud.  I thought I saw a puddy tat.  PETA can cram a tofu burger up their collective nether region, I''m not giving up meat, fur, leather, company or anything else I get from animals.  IN fact, to prove a point, I am havnig chicken wings for lunch. How many birds can no longer fly because of my lunch?  Guess what.  I don''t care!

What will be next?  Ipswich will have to provide indoor lounges for the farm animals their fans ride to Portman Road? This is bad.  I mean really Baaaaaaa''d. (I know, I know.  I''m not really this stupid.)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="T Man"]

[/quote]

Just heard we are replacing our logo with a flying Penguin

[/quote]

Sounds like you have some real insight here Ricardo. Are you familiar with an ice hockey team in the US called the Pittsburgh Penguins. They really "fly" around the ice but, unfortunately, they haven''t won a thing in years.

"It could cost the club over a £1.5" £1.50? Never mind Delia''s millions, I''ll cover it myself!

Wow Herb! How broad minded of you to only listen to Radio One and judge Future Radio on just a couple of minutes but who am I to  argue with someone who''s posted over 1''600 times - that is impressive

£1.50! Bloody hell we''ll have to sell our best player to cover that... or maybe the whole squad...

[quote user="Fellas"]£1.50! Bloody hell we''ll have to sell our best player to cover that... or maybe the whole squad...
[/quote]

Cutting-edge humour.

[quote user="T Man"]Wow Herb! How broad minded of you to only listen to Radio One and judge Future Radio on just a couple of minutes but who am I to  argue with someone who''s posted over 1''600 times - that is impressive[/quote]Aw c''mon it was a light-hearted jibe...and I don''t only listen to Radio 1, as I stated in my post I listen to Norfolk for a couple of hours when an away game is on and believe it or not I also listen to 5 Live .I''m sorry if my dislike of rent-a-dj and as many adverts as middle of the road pop music radio offends you, but I''ve heard enough of it to avoid like the plague. As a general rule, local radio sucks in my humble opinion.Quite what how many posts I''ve made here has to do with the price of chips I''m not sure, but if it makes you feel any better I''ve been knocking around these boards for just over 4 years, so I think that works out at around 1 post a day. Which, incidentally is exactly what your average is at the time of posting.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="T Man"]Wow Herb! How broad minded of you to only listen to Radio One and judge Future Radio on just a couple of minutes but who am I to  argue with someone who''s posted over 1''600 times - that is impressive[/quote]I''m sorry if my dislike of rent-a-dj and as many adverts as middle of the road pop music radio offends you, but I''ve heard enough of it to avoid like the plague. As a general rule, local radio sucks in my humble opinion.

[/quote]It seems you probaly weren''t listening to Future Radio as they don''t play middle of the road music or adverts - so no worries there maybe it was further down the FM dial

[quote user="buddhaboy"]T-man, ive worked with future radio, still think its shi*[/quote]Youv''e worked with Future Radio? Really did you do a show or stuff behind the scenes or paid work. Be interested to know