Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Ryan Jarvis wants out...

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=334077Told Notts county official site he does not see his future at Carrow Road and if they want him at end of season the he''s happy to talk about it.Sounds like he has got the message that he won''t break into our first team!!Good luck to him when he does eventually move on for good, lots of potential but he has failed to fulfill it, not going to be particularly sad to have him off the wage bill!

Sad fact is he hasn''t progressed in 4 years, just like Hendo and Crow etc etc, shame our youth policy hasn''t really produced any new talent except Greeno, Shacks for years, as a club we will never be successful until we start producing our own players.

Says he''ll "work his socks off" which to be fair he has been doing already. Sees Notts as his ''shop window'' and intends getting goals and see if they are interested in him at end of season when he is out of contract. Way things are at the moment most Notts fans would be glad to keep him especially if Crow stays too. Potential for a good partnership there and compared to what we''ve been seeing lately they look like Norwich trained them well and that they have some skill.Hope he stays.

I don''t think he failed - I think the club failed. I am still yet to be convinced that we have the propper set up for our youngsters and am slightly concerned that we have players coming through who obviously have what it takes to make it but don''t seem to be given the correct management to do so.I am hoping that Glenn can sort this out so that players like Cave-Brown and Martin are able to progress.The priority in this country for football at the moment has to be the national youth set up. The problem is once they get to 18 there is nothing but reserve team football and only the premiership teams get the benefit of a decent reserves league etc. Its about time the FA sorted it out so the lower divisions have regular matches for their second string which in many cases now includes several youngsters.

Bad attitude, like his bro. Good riddance. Shame because he has potential, but he was part of the Hendo / Easton clique and they were never going to be model pros

Sounds like he is drumming up new contacts and clubs as he knows he is out of contract. Like you said its a shame he didn''t make it, I thought he had a bright future when he first came into the squad. I don''t know why he didn''t do it, I thought he should have been played more or loaned out at an early age. At the end of the day, he did not want it enough in my mind, he just does not have it and we all want him to make it as we have yellow and green specs on, we love a good youth prospect. Hey ho, you win some, you lose some.

[quote user="kick it off"]http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=334077Told Notts county official site he does not see his future at Carrow Road and if they want him at end of season the he''s happy to talk about it.Sounds like he has got the message that he won''t break into our first team!!Good luck to him when he does eventually move on for good, lots of potential but he has failed to fulfill it, not going to be particularly sad to have him off the wage bill![/quote]what do you mean good luck, you think hes crap obviously, correct me if im wrong.He has never really had a chance, when he has had a game or two, not 45 mins when the whole team arnt playing well, he has scored, so why cant he be given a game?

I agree. He thinks he deserves a place just because he was born in Norfolk.

He does seem to have talent, but appears lazy to me (Rather like Hendo?)

So good luck to him. I hope this is the kick up the a**e that he needs to get his ambition back on track

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Bad attitude, like his bro. Good riddance. Shame because he has potential, but he was part of the Hendo / Easton clique and they were never going to be model pros
[/quote]

????????????? Bad attitude?? Based on what?

He''s been very very good in the lower leagues, however he should''ve been given a chance with us especially after that cracker he scored against Liverpool in the Prem!

Another victim of Worthy and Grunt i think, not being given chances when he needed them!

Glenn will sort the academy out! He was in charge of academy at Newcastle I beleive and look at the youngsters that came thru at West Ham!

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t think he failed - I think the club failed. I am still yet to be convinced that we have the propper set up for our youngsters and am slightly concerned that we have players coming through who obviously have what it takes to make it but don''t seem to be given the correct management to do so.I am hoping that Glenn can sort this out so that players like Cave-Brown and Martin are able to progress.The priority in this country for football at the moment has to be the national youth set up. The problem is once they get to 18 there is nothing but reserve team football and only the premiership teams get the benefit of a decent reserves league etc. Its about time the FA sorted it out so the lower divisions have regular matches for their second string which in many cases now includes several youngsters.[/quote]I have to kind of agree with you here Chicken.  Jarvis has to take responsibility for his own progress but I think the way City has been run over the last few seasons has stunted the development of a few of our young players because they have just not played enough football.  Whether the likes of Jarvis and Henderson would ever have made it at this level is all a matter of opinion but I really feel that both those players should have been out on loan a earlier in their careers.  What happened was that because we had such small squads they were needed as squad players without ever getting close to being in the team except for injuries.  They should have been out on loan but we couldn''t afford to let them go.  It''s now happening with the likes of Spillane again, not getting in match day squads, needs to go out on loan but can''t because we "might" need him at some point.

Its true that you develop young players by giving them a chance at first team football. But sadly, this only works if the youngsters take their chance... at the first time of asking. ryan, rossi, crow and henderson before them, simply havent taken their chance. An "ok" game isnt enough, young players have to play a blinder to stake a place. They havent been good enough, end of. Harsh, but true.

Wenger can only afford to play youth because they proved themselves at first team level straight off the bat - if not, he''s given them a shot on loan (gibbs) or ultimately let them leave (aliadiere.)

I remember his first home start for norwich against crewe (with dean ashton upfront for crewe that day too). Jarvis looked the part that day and we won 1-0 with hux I think scoring. He looked as good as deano that day and it wern''t long after he scored his first goal coming on as a sub against watford and nearly grabbed us a point.It''s a shame that he''s never became the talent he could have been, whether that was due to injuries after we got relegated or just the fact worthy didn''t want to play him, I think he could have been a big player for us.I don''t think it''s coinsidence that both shax and grenno have come through and they are the only two youth players who have been given a long enough stint in the first team. After seeing spillane play so well at the start of the season it is a bit annoying he doesn''t even make the bench and will probably end up down the same path as henderson or jarvis.

As most likely that Dion''s off, and Hucks is probably off, if Jarvis aint prepared to work his socks off knowing that he could well be involved in the squad next season then good riddance to a talent not yet reached.

Sorry the guys not good enough at this level. I for one will be glad to see him off the wage bill.

Did nothing at Killie and not scored in 4 starts at Notts County, that says it all. Wouldn''t be at all suprised to see him turning out for Kings Lynn in a couple of years time.

I think Jarvis was beginning to develop into another Chris Brown. Works hard with little end product. He is full of unused potential..............I hope he goes elsewhere and does well.

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t think he failed - I think the club failed. I am still yet to be convinced that we have the propper set up for our youngsters and am slightly concerned that we have players coming through who obviously have what it takes to make it but don''t seem to be given the correct management to do so.

I am hoping that Glenn can sort this out so that players like Cave-Brown and Martin are able to progress.

[/quote]

I disagree with this (but agree with your other comment about Reserve teams), Jarvis (both of them) Crow, Hendo, Robert Eagle and Martin all ended up in the first team.

they were not youth team players anymore... the guidance and "nappy changing" state they were used to went as soon as they pulled on a first team jersey and had to train with the seniors.

If these players werent good enough the club would of released them far far sooner than they did.. instead the managers at the time saw fit to give them a chance in the first team, in the championship (and premiership in some cases) these players had the chance to showcase their talents and take the next step.. but for whatever reason chose not too.

Ryan Jarvis, IMHO, could of taken the step up... he was given countless chances by Worthington and on the majority of times, didnt take them.

Ian Henderson was a decent striker, ok so he was played "out of position" on a few occasions but again, another player who failed to make the step up.

Danny Crow and Chris Martin perhaps needed reality slaps. chris Martin hasnt given 2 hoots since he got "the best contract ever offered to a youth player at this club", Im not privy to what he earns but someone told me he is actually the highest earner at the club.. This may or may not be true.,.. but one thing is clear the money (whatever it may be) has made him lazy, Lethargic and the goals have dried up... Funny how the 2 are linked isnt it?

Danny Crow came on in the Premiership, a few months later he was playing for northampton town, Attitude and Wages again perhaps?

The youth set up isnt failing as the players are coming through.. we arent Newcastle or Chelsea... the Players (and possible 1st team coaching) is whats failing.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t think he failed - I think the club failed. I am still yet to be convinced that we have the propper set up for our youngsters and am slightly concerned that we have players coming through who obviously have what it takes to make it but don''t seem to be given the correct management to do so.I am hoping that Glenn can sort this out so that players like Cave-Brown and Martin are able to progress.[/quote]

I disagree with this (but agree with your other comment about Reserve teams), Jarvis (both of them) Crow, Hendo, Robert Eagle and Martin all ended up in the first team.

they were not youth team players anymore... the guidance and "nappy changing" state they were used to went as soon as they pulled on a first team jersey and had to train with the seniors.

If these players werent good enough the club would of released them far far sooner than they did.. instead the managers at the time saw fit to give them a chance in the first team, in the championship (and premiership in some cases) these players had the chance to showcase their talents and take the next step.. but for whatever reason chose not too.

Ryan Jarvis, IMHO, could of taken the step up... he was given countless chances by Worthington and on the majority of times, didnt take them.

Ian Henderson was a decent striker, ok so he was played "out of position" on a few occasions but again, another player who failed to make the step up.

Danny Crow and Chris Martin perhaps needed reality slaps. chris Martin hasnt given 2 hoots since he got "the best contract ever offered to a youth player at this club", Im not privy to what he earns but someone told me he is actually the highest earner at the club.. This may or may not be true.,.. but one thing is clear the money (whatever it may be) has made him lazy, Lethargic and the goals have dried up... Funny how the 2 are linked isnt it?

Danny Crow came on in the Premiership, a few months later he was playing for northampton town, Attitude and Wages again perhaps?

The youth set up isnt failing as the players are coming through.. we arent Newcastle or Chelsea... the Players (and possible 1st team coaching) is whats failing.

jas :)

[/quote]I sorta have to disagree with this Jas. I personally felt that none of the aformented players were given a good enough run in the first team with the exception of Martin last season. Like we''ve seen this season with JC, it is very hard to keep your consistency up as a striker when you only play here and there from the bench. What we saw of henderson and ryan jarvis when they played actually upfront was good. I recall in the promotion season roberts getting injured and hendo getting a stint up front and netting two fantastic goals against millwall. Henderson, I thought, could do it for us, I just don''t think he ever got played enough up front.

I would love local lads to come through and prove themselves in the first team but the fact of the matter is that very few clubs actually have that ability now to have more than one or two locally grown pro''s .  Jarvis to me just isnt up to this standard.  He hasnt been prolific in the reserves or in any of the loans spells he has had and im afraid like all the others will be better off with a fresh start in the lower leagues. 

Ironically i think the young striker we have had in recent years with the most promise was Jarvis'' new strike partner Danny Crow.  I think he will prove that he can be a useful player in years to come around championship level and maybe we let him go a year or 2 early...

I think Chris Martin has a year left to prove his worth to Glenda

I never thought he was a bad player or talentless, but I think that for a variety of reasons, he hasn''t made the grade.I wish him all the best, what i meant by off the wage bill was more in regards to getting rid of a player if we aren''t going to use him rather than have him on it, and not use him, like we have for the past 3 or 4 years.A fresh start is what he needs to get his career back on track.Good luck to him and i really hope he does fulfill his potential but sadly it won''t be with us.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Sad fact is he hasn''t progressed in 4 years, just like ....... Crow .[/quote]Really? Did you ever watch Crow? I speak as a fan who detests small players but Crow was destined..... not top level but big time Championship.His downfall was attitude, not ability