Sign in to follow this  
Canarypops

The Board makes money again JOKE

Yet again the board have made money in a transfer window and smoke screened it with 4 average loan signings.

where is all this cash going each transfer window ,how much did we need a striker but no god forbid we spend any cash from sales of players.

GLENN ROEDER YOU ARE A YES MAN

[quote user="Canarypops"]

Yet again the board have made money in a transfer window and smoke screened it with 4 average loan signings.

where is all this cash going each transfer window ,how much did we need a striker but no god forbid we spend any cash from sales of players.

[/quote]

Unfortunately Glen''s miracle has saved the board.

Can you imagine the ructions if we were still in the bottom 3 having gone through a transfer window and still made money.

I sincerely hope the boys turn out to be decent players but the better they are the less likely they will stay with us.

For me this is just another short term fix.

The poverty of our once great club is laid bare for those who have eyes to see.

[quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

As many people have stated in other thrads players are over valued in the January window, and our aim this season is to stop the rot that Grant has subjected this club to.  Give these youngsters a chance - I say they will hold us firm out of the relegation zone.  Therefore GR would have saved the majority of his available money for Summer.

If we then go through Summer without any notable signings we can start complaining.

Until then grow up and shut up - back the entire club.  OTBC

[quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

As many people have stated in other thrads players are over valued in the January window, and our aim this season is to stop the rot that Grant has subjected this club to.  Give these youngsters a chance - I say they will hold us firm out of the relegation zone.  Therefore GR would have saved the majority of his available money for Summer.

If we then go through Summer without any notable signings we can start complaining.

[/quote]

What do you mean grow up and shut up? Its a perfectly good point, the club has smoke screened our profit making with loan signings again. I''m not saying these lads wont turn out to be good players but that''s down to GR not the board. I remember last summer and everyone was saying ''''lets wait till January'''' and spend the money then....well we''re hardly sitting comfortably are we? I have faith in GR but the board should ve spent to fully ensure out CC survival.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean grow up and shut up? Its a perfectly good point, the club has smoke screened our profit making with loan signings again. I''m not saying these lads wont turn out to be good players but that''s down to GR not the board. I remember last summer and everyone was saying ''''lets wait till January'''' and spend the money then....well we''re hardly sitting comfortably are we? I have faith in GR but the board should ve spent to fully ensure out CC survival.

[/quote]The club may have made a profit on transfer fees - however, transfer fees account for a comparitively small amount of the costs of employing footballers - wages cost more than transfer fees.  It could be that we''re storing our nuts for the summer here.

I dont see Roeder as a yes man but he is working with a hand he cant win with...

i said when we appointed him he''s on a hiding to nothing and i stick by that... he is the boards get out of jail card and they havent backed him financially... if the loan players dont fit in and the injuries pile up they are going to be left looking very stupid that we didnt invest when we should of

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

1, What Profit has been smoke-screened? Give us a figure.

2, Who would you have bought to "fully ensure" our Championship survival? Just to make my point here, that''s "guaranteed" survival.....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I, too, have faith in GR`s ability to rebuild our club.

How can you state that the board are to blame for not spending money. Has it not crossed your mind that GR may have done all that he wanted to do? Why would it then be the boards fault if he did not want to pay over inflated prices?

I think that if it is PROVEN that the board have starved him of cash to spend then you have a valid point...but we will never know for certain whether that has happened unless he comes out and says it.

The speculation on here is ridiculous sometimes. Let`s try and use some facts.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

2, Who would you have bought to "fully ensure" our Championship survival? Just to make my point here, that''s "guaranteed" survival.....

[/quote]

1- God give me strenght! We''ve sold Lewis and Brown, and along with the summer exodus we should be in the region of 4 million profit if,like Doncaster said, we can spend any money from sales.If you want to look at previous threads on here they will cut down the in''s and out''s in detail,i really haven''t the time but please go ahead and look.

2-Tiny would''ve been a good start....how come we are the only club that struggles to find players Hey? Its always the same excuses with the Delia lot. Maybe you could answer me that, bearing in mind we are the best supported  club in the league.

[quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

De Ja Vu mate.

Where have you been for the last few years.

We are getting tired of hearing the same old excuses.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

[/quote]

1- God give me strenght! We''ve sold Lewis and Brown, and along with the summer exodus we should be in the region of 4 million profit if,like Doncaster said, we can spend any money from sales.If you want to look at previous threads on here they will cut down the in''s and out''s in detail,i really haven''t the time but please go ahead and look.

2-Tiny would''ve been a good start....how come we are the only club that struggles to find players Hey? Its always the same excuses with the Delia lot. Maybe you could answer me that, bearing in mind we are the best supported  club in the league.

[/quote]

1.   You have taken 2 £400,000 transfers and come up with £4m, I came up with £800,000.  Take off the £325,000 Brown cost us and you have £475,000.  Take off the Pattison fee (Undisclosed - Est 250-400,000), the severance pay of those departed and the loan fees for the new lads and we are probably left with naff all.

2.   Tiny would have been good.  Disappointed we didn''t get him to be honest.  But Glen seems a good judge of player and 10 unbeaten shows he also knows what he is doing.  I am not a board fan by any stretch of the imagination.  I am however a realist, the board are going nowhere soon so I am just going to do my best to enjoy the hand I have been dealt.

Fingers crossed for the summer for me, heres hoping that I am pleasantly suprised....Also to not really giving too much of a toss if it doesn''t.  Life is far too short.

Perhaps in defence, Glenn wasnt able to buy the targets he had in mind, so rather than spend valuable if limited money on a plan B he has gone for loan options. Nothing worng with that.

Why spend money just for the sake of spending it, when it could be saved for a rainy day....

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can you state that the board are to blame for not spending money. Has it not crossed your mind that GR may have done all that he wanted to do? Why would it then be the boards fault if he did not want to pay over inflated prices?

I think that if it is PROVEN that the board have starved him of cash to spend then you have a valid point...but we will never know for certain whether that has happened unless he comes out and says it.

[/quote]

Why?

Are you using FACTS to suggest otherwise??? [*-)] [:$]

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

[/quote]

[/quote]

1.   You have taken 2 £400,000 transfers and come up with £4m, I came up with £800,000.  Take off the £325,000 Brown cost us and you have £475,000.  Take off the Pattison fee (Undisclosed - Est 250-400,000), the severance pay of those departed and the loan fees for the new lads and we are probably left with naff all.

2.   Tiny would have been good.  Disappointed we didn''t get him to be honest.  But Glen seems a good judge of player and 10 unbeaten shows he also knows what he is doing.  I am not a board fan by any stretch of the imagination.  I am however a realist, the board are going nowhere soon so I am just going to do my best to enjoy the hand I have been dealt.

Fingers crossed for the summer for me, heres hoping that I am pleasantly suprised....Also to not really giving too much of a toss if it doesn''t.  Life is far too short.

[/quote]

hint, hint... NB - Athur''s words "along with the summer exodus"

As for your comments at the bottom, it is nice to see that you carry football and NCFC in your blood... [+o(] [:@]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

I am suggesting nothing more than that people open their eyes to what is fact and what is speculation based on rumour and gossip or hearsay.

And that ....unlike 99% of what you post.... is fact my little friend.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As for your comments at the bottom, it is nice to see that you carry football and NCFC in your blood... [+o(] [:@]

[/quote]

What summer exodus, you Mystic Smudger now or just Arthur Whittles parrot.  And what would you know about having NCFC in your blood, you only post on here to snipe and whinge.  Would hardly describe you as a fan either...

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stella Canary"][quote user="Canarypops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

I am suggesting nothing more than that people open their eyes to what is fact and what is speculation based on rumour and gossip or hearsay.

And that ....unlike 99% of what you post.... is fact my little friend.

[/quote]

I will ask again... what facts do you have to back up your side of this great debate?

The facts which are purely based on the speculation, gossip & hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road maybe???

What facts do we have other than over the last few years profits have been made on player trading that have not been fully re-invested in the playing squad despie all the noises made by those in the corridors of power at Carrow Road?

Great to see that we''ve still got some posters responding to this supporting our wonderful board, you really are the most loyal and sensible people, and the rest of us who actually wanted some players of our own are really such a dreadfully silly lot.

Well done the board and I can''t wait for that lovely £5,000,000 that you will no doubt supply GR with come the summer.

Alternatively we can go and play in a 5 - a side league.

You know the saddest thing? You can now see young kids in City shirts with loan players names on the back, as we haven''t got enough of our own.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Great to see that we''ve still got some posters responding to this supporting our wonderful board, you really are the most loyal and sensible people, and the rest of us who actually wanted some players of our own are really such a dreadfully silly lot.

Well done the board and I can''t wait for that lovely £5,000,000 that you will no doubt supply GR with come the summer.

Alternatively we can go and play in a 5 - a side league.

You know the saddest thing? You can now see young kids in City shirts with loan players names on the back, as we haven''t got enough of our own.

[/quote]

Really?

If that is true then that really is very sad indeed!!!

" The facts which are purely based on the speculation, gossip &

hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road

maybe???What facts do we have other than over the last few years profits have been made on player trading.... "

Given that the only knowledge we have of these so called ''profits'' is what is released by the club isn''t it surprising (or not) that Fudger chooses to refer to certain bits of " speculation, gossip &

hearsay coming out of Doncasters mouth and others at Carrow Road "
as facts.Please tell us then Mr Fudger why you trust Doncaster and the club when they tell us the cost of transfers and sales ?

Boys, boys, just get over yourselves please. So some kids (or adults, who''s to say) have got themselves a shirt with (shocker) a loan player on the back. What is so wrong with that?

Cast your mind back a few years. A certain Darren Huckerby joined us on loan, I got the shirt (in September) and wore it, thinking yes it might only be for three months, but guess what happened? Who''s to say that we might not buy one of the loanees?

Is this sad Smudger, that young kids want to wear a city shirt, no I don''t think so, what''s sad is they maybe growing up and destined to wear a Chelsea or Man U one. That''s sad.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What summer exodus, you Mystic Smudger now or just Arthur Whittles parrot.  And what would you know about having NCFC in your blood, you only post on here to snipe and whinge.  Would hardly describe you as a fan either...

[/quote]

Can you remember a certain 2 million loan LOANED to us so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded? You work the rest out matey.

Can you remember a certain 2 million loan LOANED to us so we didnt have to sell the likes of Earnshaw for 3.5 million, Etuthu for 1.5 million, Safri for 500k and several players of loaded? You work the rest out matey.

Ah, but there''s ''manageable debt'' and other bills to be paid........and we don''t want to take out unhelpful loans for the loans.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Tell us Arthur;

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jimmy, for what it`s worth i`ve got a lot of time for your thoughts but i think you`re on the wrong tack here. We sold £5.5m of players in the summer and spent £2.2m (stated in the accounts). We have since sold another £800k`s worth and spent about £400k. There is a clear and large profit there so surely it is no suprise that people are questioning why we seem to be fairly skint again?

The only thing that suprises me is that so many supposed supporters seem to think we shouldn`t question these things........[:^)]

Agree Mr Carrow.  But you also have to factor unning costs into things.  Its a well documented fact that most football league costs run at a loss, us included so that filters a certain amount of that money away to start with.

Also, who is to say that there isn''t some of that money available.  Roeder has stated in print that he had money to spend this window, how much we dont know, but there was money.  Just because he didn''t spend it doesn''t mean we haven''t got it. 

Sure we have got a right to ask questions, and many of us have, including me.  It just infuriates me that when Roeder publicly gives an answer all of a sudden he is a yes man, a liar and Doncaster/Delia''s puppet.  For me if Roeder says he had money to spend but couldn''t get the players he wanted, I am inclined to believe him.

Can''t really see how the Delia-haters are saying we are skint - from GR''s statements regarding transfers it looks like we had at least the best part of £2M to spend, if not more. I really can''t understand thier stupidity.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Agree Mr Carrow.  But you also have to factor unning costs into things.  Its a well documented fact that most football league costs run at a loss, us included so that filters a certain amount of that money away to start with.

Also, who is to say that there isn''t some of that money available.  Roeder has stated in print that he had money to spend this window, how much we dont know, but there was money.  Just because he didn''t spend it doesn''t mean we haven''t got it. 

Sure we have got a right to ask questions, and many of us have, including me.  It just infuriates me that when Roeder publicly gives an answer all of a sudden he is a yes man, a liar and Doncaster/Delia''s puppet.  For me if Roeder says he had money to spend but couldn''t get the players he wanted, I am inclined to believe him.

[/quote]

NCFC have actually made a profit in 5 out of the last 7 years, including the play-off season when we didn`t even sell any players. The club seems to need far more income to break even now (£2m loan plus a profit on transfers) despite a higher profile and bigger gates. I think the "well-run club" lazy assumption should be challenged and difficult questions asked as to why this is.

Yes Roeder obviously had some money, but he also stated that he couldn`t realistically bring in his targets till the summer and felt the need to fire a clear warning shot when he stated that he had let players go to make "everyone at the club" fully focussed on getting players in. I doubt Roeder or the board have a clear idea of how much he will have to spend in the summer- it will depend on variables such as season-ticket sales and, the big one, whether the land is sold. Hopefully the land will be sold and Roeder will have the bulk of it to rebuild the squad, but then we all know what the boards` priorities have been in recent years......If they can`t sell it i think supporters should question why they committed so much of the clubs` money to it in the first place.