Sign in to follow this  
Carrowfortress

BRELLIER RELEASED

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

We must have loads of new signings in the pipeline, I hope!

[/quote]

I get the feeling it is more likely to be loans coming in and we need the wages free, otherwise surely we would be trying to get money for them.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]He was appalling.  Never got to the pace of the game.  He played like Safri, but lacked Safri''s passing ability.[/quote]A real shame, this one. I saw him play for Hearts a few times and he was quality, held the back of midfield really well to allow Skacel and Hartley to push further forward. He was a real battler, and I honestly thought he was going to be great for us. I hope he finds a club where he can get his career back on track, because he obviously died on his @rse here, especially after the Molineux fiasco...

Again, cant we have gotten even a small transfer fee for him? He was a success at hearts, surely a scottish team would have him for a nominal fee?

But anyway, thanks for the memories Jules. Whatever they were.

i got my prediction that dave striker may fail at start season so correct, but i got this one so wrong. i really thought he was great signing and could be one best in our league.

i thought you may been able to get 200k for either player if you asked for it mind you. seems strange just to cut to expensive signings

I can''t believe this.  Looks like the deadwood is well and truly being dumped.  Good on Glen Roeder though, no point in keeping hold of people with no future here.  Problem this creates though is a complete lack of bodies in the squad. 

Exciting, but mildly worrying times.  Looking forward to seeing how this window progresses.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Again, cant we have gotten even a small transfer fee for him? He was a success at hearts, surely a scottish team would have him for a nominal fee?

But anyway, thanks for the memories Jules. Whatever they were.

[/quote]

I would have thought with him and Dave an agreement was made on wages which was preferable to us, possibly even no payment of the remainder of their copntracts.  In this case the money saved would be more than enough than to worry about a small fee that may or may not materialise.

Both players probably wanted to be playing which may have helped our cause, rather than a Bogarde, or Defoe situation with idiot players happy to be in the reserves or benched the whole time.  In the end we only paid 240K for Strihavka and got Brellier on a fee (plus wages and the like - but that is football.)

[quote user="sydneysider"]if players keep going at this rate, we''ll have no players left[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. It''s all well and good to chop out all this dead wood, but what about some replacements for them?? Having seen the balls-ups on the last few transfer windows, I really don''t have a great deal of faith that this one will turn out any better. WTF is going on?

I think him and murray had options for us to cancel halfway through the season (january). This was that they were only on temp. deals.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[quote user="sydneysider"]if players keep going at this rate, we''ll have no players left[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. It''s all well and good to chop out all this dead wood, but what about some replacements for them?? Having seen the balls-ups on the last few transfer windows, I really don''t have a great deal of faith that this one will turn out any better. WTF is going on?

[/quote]

A case of getting rid before buying perhaps? Wouldnt be good for us to buy a defensive midfielder, only for Brellier to turn round and say he is happy to rot in the reserves and keep the wage that could be used elsewhere.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

Relax - there are 20 days left of this transfer window (3 weeks) and a lot can happen in that time.

Hate to blow my own trumpet but I did post in the summer and went through all the signings as to whether they would be a success or not. With Strihavka I said he would be gone in January or the end of the season due to issues of language and culture (both footballing and domestic). Brellier I had mixed views but the hazy clips on YouTube left me distinctly underwhelmed as they mostly (not all I admit) showed him hacking down opponents in very dangerous positions on the edge of his own box!

I admit that the first team chances for both were limited (particularly Strihavka) but if GR doesn''r rate them then get rid.

By midnight on 31st we should have a better idea of whether these were cost savings that were enforced on GR by the financial position of the club or whether he has been able to land two or three decent permanent signings.

Hopefully that wont cost us too much because hopefully he''ll have a club lined up and wont need a huge contact paif off.

Perhaps once again i''m being too optomistic, but despite Brown, Strihavka and Brellier being fringe players, it leaves us well short and i would think that perhaps Roeder does have something up his sleave. A press conference this afternoon would be nice!

Doesnt say much for Grants signings does it!

Good: Marshall, Fozzy, Russel

Hopefuls: Cureton, Semmy

Bad (Leaving): Lappin , Murray

Ugly (gone!): Strihavka, Brown, Brellier

3/ out of 10 have been successes, 2 can still prove themselves but 5 gone in a year, not good!

Maybe you''ll be able to get a few quid for the flag if some other mugs come in for him!