Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Oh ye of little faith !!

Forget relegation !

Half time. Twenty three played and twenty three to play. Twenty five points.

Promotion form is reckoned to be two points per game so if we achieve this that will give us 71pts, enough for the play-offs I reckon. I think we can do it don''t you ??

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Forget relegation !

Promotion form is reckoned to be two points per game so if we achieve this that will give us 71pts, enough for the play-offs I reckon. I think we can do it don''t you ??

[/quote]

Err, No

Sorry not to join you in your wishful thinking but I can''t see an average of 2 points a game.

My guess would be 60 points maximum and thats being optimistic.

Transfer ins and outs will decide whether we get into the play-offs or get relegated (still a live option in my opinion). We can''t go much further with the thin and pretty flaky squad we have now - we''ve had a few lucky breaks in the past few games and we shouldn''t rely on that continuing. Also, Roeder''s been luckier than Grant with injuries, and that may not continue. Time to spend, I''m afraid.

Playoffs are doubtful.

The points gap may only be 11 but its always wise to double that figure to take into account that the teams above us are better (hence their league positions) and will therefore also be accumulating points. So to me we need 22 pts to even think about reaching the playoffs - thats 7 wins and a draw.

Forget relegation !

[/quote]

I''d be slightly more convinced by your optimism......if the likes of Preston, QPR and the others at the bottom weren''t also collecting points. Even at the upper echelons of this league......nothing is yet concrete. SSSSSHHHH![:#]

It ain''t over yet.......by any means.[:|]

It''s all about the next three games for me Lap.''

Two tough home games and a visit to the perennial graveyard.

Get six points from these three and things get very interesting.

Twenty games to go, 31 points needing 44 or so from 20. Not as fantastical as it was because we have done 1.8 per game under Roeder - and that includes Plymouth, Watford and Stoke along with poor shows at Col U.

I was at the Canary Store today and saw the list of upcoming games. Quite honestly, with the exception of WBA and the next two games the sides coming here are all beatable.

I know it is only right and proper to look one game at a time; I know the transfer window has to be negotiated but, we are solid and improving, I have faith in Roeder and if we beat Charlton and Wolves...............................??????????????????

Forget relegation !

[/quote]who the hell cares where we finish,we ain''t going down now and roeder takes 100% of the credit for that.we have got the best christmas present ever,no one would have thought we could be 18th going into christmas 2 months ago.so happy christmas everyone and see you all on boxing day

come on you yellows

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Forget relegation !

[/quote]

I''d be slightly more convinced by your optimism......if the likes of Preston, QPR and the others at the bottom weren''t also collecting points. Even at the upper echelons of this league......nothing is yet concrete. SSSSSHHHH![:#]

[/quote]That''s just it mello. If the teams at the bottom all collect points it means those at the top are not so they won''t be pulling away. I am confident if our good run continues we will soon be there or thereabouts. At the end of the day this is a pretty ordinary league so I feel any team putting a good run together can challenge the leaderboard. Both City and Palace are looking better than Watford at the moment!

Forget relegation !

[/quote]

I like your enthusiam Lappin but not sure about play offs - but anything is possible.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Forget relegation !

[/quote]

[/quote]

For a rare change Mello, I understand what you are saying but, but, but.

It is irrelevant how many points the teams below you pick up, providing you are picking up points yourself. At this point in time, them picking up points only serves to group the whole league together and we would have to win games in any case, so what they do is no matter to us, providing we are above them. In order for us to get anywhere near the playoff spots, we would have to win a large number of our remaining games and that''s as much as we need to do.

lapin i totally agree!

this is the tightest season i''ve ever seen!!!

i really don''t think there will be a lot in it come april.

christ ipshite haven''t won away and look where they are...

seriously if we can keep on track as we are now who knows where we will be come season end.

i''ve just seen santa so i''ll ask him what he can do......

merry christmas all!!

Forget relegation !

[/quote]

Groan, thats put the mockers on it now Lappin! I now have to spend the whole of Christmas Day working on a counter for your rashness.[;)]

"but, but, but"..........Are you actually a ''2 stroke'' outboard motor then?[8-)]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Playoffs are doubtful.

The points gap may only be 11 but its always wise to double that figure to take into account that the teams above us are better (hence their league positions) and will therefore also be accumulating points. So to me we need 22 pts to even think about reaching the playoffs - thats 7 wins and a draw.

[/quote]Although we have also beaten some of the teams up there - a lot of them rely heavily on home form. If we can continue our home form and continue to pick up points away from home then we stand a very good chance of at least staying up.For example the scum can''t seem to do well away from home. Plymouth were beaten by us - that makes it 1-1 as far as that contest goes this season.As others have said Charlton and Wolves will be the test. To our advantage Roeder knows Pardew and McCarthy so hopefully he will also know how to disrupt their game plans.

Forget relegation !

[/quote]I admire your optimism, but we can''t score enough goals or keep enough clean sheets.

We are only 2 points above the relegation zone!  As for 71 points, that is the lowest total a team has ever got into the play-offs with, yes.  QPR fans are probably thinking the same as you guys, especially as they have 2 Billonnaires running the club now...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"but, but, but"..........Are you actually a ''2 stroke'' outboard motor then?[8-)]

[/quote]

Yep, that''s it. Whatever you said.

The way the league is going at the moment i could see the whole table changing, if the top teams start loosing to the ones at the bottom we could just win the whole thing........

Each game has 3 points and we have to be greedy and want them all from now on......... 23 x 3 = 69 what a great number, most of us would jump through fire for a good 69, unless you''re smudger who regularly get things arsenal about face..

Come on Lets be avin ya...

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Yep, that''s it. Whatever you said.

[/quote]

Fitted to a coracle?