Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Until we're safe, NO protest should happen!

Why dont you put it to the vote Smudger/Fish Boy/Whatever your name is.  Set up a hotmail address, post it on here and get it posted in the paper.  Ask the question and request a simple yes or no answer then go with the majority.

Me personally....I want to give the board January at the least.  If they can support the manager starting now that is good enough for me.  And lets be totally fair, Grant got support, £1m for Marshall, 750k for Strihavka, 700k (alleged) for Cureton plus all the others.  Only he bought badly, what if Glen gets the same support and buys well.  What then.

You forget though that football is a fickle game.  Look at Southampton, considerably worse off than us despite selling Walcott & Bale for a combined £22m.  Sometimes things aren''t as black & white as you want them to be.

You have to ask questions before you start the type of action you are planning.  Is it wanted?  Have I got support?  What do I want to achieve?  What happens after if I achieve my goals?  Unless you have thought all this through properly then you are going to fall flat on your arse.  Then the Michael will be ours to take.

Baaa Baaa

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Mark Smith wrote:

"Ahh isn''t it sweet to have a devoted heckler???"

My response:

Shall we ask the board for you?  All you seem to do is heckle "them"- I''m just giving you back some of your own medicine darling.

If you want to protest, come up with a rational alternative.

All you seem to know is what you don''t want, not what you do. What are these "plans"?

So Mark - Lets take the hypothetical situation that the board has resigned and put the club up for sale. 

You have been asked to lead a consortium to take the club forward. - What are your plans?

The Smith/Wynn Jones Position is I believe now completely equity based therefore a buyer would need to be found for a majority stake which for the purpose of this excercise lets say that this has happened - this raises no funds for the club as it simply buys the shareholding.

This then leads on to other issues

How do you plan to deal with the repayment of the Turner loan which is repayable if the Wynn Jones''s are no longer majority shareholders and the Axa who are looking for confirmation that their securitised loan (effectively a mortgage) is going to continued to be paid?

As "Delias" is a brand of Delia Smith how are you going to handle the branding and imaging rights of the catering business, will Ms Smith negotiate with you? - without this branding will it still be profitable?

You claim to be a businessman - what do you want to achieve here?

As ever love to Adam.

Sx-ee [U]

[/quote]

If I have read this wrong, then I''m sorry, but if people are seriously going to put Smidger forward, then that has to be the funniest thing I have seen, now that would be the worst appointment ever. And I would never ever set foor in Carrow Road if he did, lol, not that would happen, he does not have the bottle to do a half assed protest, let alone be on a board. By the way, I will save my biggest laugh and maybe abuse for you when I walk past your 4 strong protest.

Please do stay away, I like the atmosphere as it is. Our true origins are 3rd Division South. The current position looks poor but hardly a catastrophe if seen with some perspective.

If I have read this wrong, then I''m sorry, but if people are seriously going to put Smidger forward, then that has to be the funniest thing I have seen,

Yes you have read this wrong - this is a challenge to my best mate Mark to put some substance around his protest and examine some of the immediate consequences of a sale.

No reply yet....Two days and counting......perhaps he has jilted me oh what will I do without him...

OTBC

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

If I have read this wrong, then I''m sorry, but if people are seriously going to put Smidger forward, then that has to be the funniest thing I have seen,

Yes you have read this wrong - this is a challenge to my best mate Mark to put some substance around his protest and examine some of the immediate consequences of a sale.

No reply yet....Two days and counting......perhaps he has jilted me oh what will I do without him...

OTBC

[/quote]

oh darling sx-ee would I ever do either of those two things???

You try putting some substance behind your keep the faith...

I know what I believe and I have been proved right with my predictions for the season so far.

Maybe when you see the error of your ways you might be able to pick up the mantle and lead the sheep in to protest for me?

I will be in touch with the press tomorrow to try and ensure that people know that I will be up for meeting at ''The Murderers'' this Tuesday to lead a protest but I will now be unable to attend protests on Saturday/''s due to unforseen personal circumstances.

Maybe you could lead the one prior to the Sheff Utd match for me, or maybe you could pick up the mantle after yet another transfer window pases us by without any useful additions to the squad and Delia & Co have raided their piggy banks?

Love to your partner Michael as ever...

Mark x x x

[quote user="Smudger"]

I will be in touch with the press tomorrow to try and ensure that people know that I will be up for meeting at ''The Murderers'' this Tuesday to lead a protest but I will now be unable to attend protests on Saturday/''s due to unforseen personal circumstances. [/quote]

But you were the only one going on Saturday [:)] and I''m guessing that you''ll be the only one protesting on Tuesday too. Majority will wait until we''re safe and then reaccess the situation.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

I will be in touch with the press tomorrow to try and ensure that people know that I will be up for meeting at ''The Murderers'' this Tuesday to lead a protest but I will now be unable to attend protests on Saturday/''s due to unforseen personal circumstances. [/quote]

But you were the only one going on Saturday [:)] and I''m guessing that you''ll be the only one protesting on Tuesday too. Majority will wait until we''re safe and then reaccess the situation.

[/quote]

ummm yes and that is the problem...

Wait until we are relegated... what fantastic fans!!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

CA - If people wait that long it could be far to late...are Norwich fans that dozy that they do not realise that it is OK/possible to both protest and support the team, it really is not that difficult to work out........

[/quote]

So it seems SOB... very sad but that certainly seems to be the state of affairs to me... [:(]

We shall get some idea of this in reality on Tuesday however.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

CA - If people wait that long it could be far to late...are Norwich fans that dozy that they do not realise that it is OK/possible to both protest and support the team, it really is not that difficult to work out........

[/quote]

So you''ll be joining him Tuesday then will you?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="sxcanaree"]

OTBC

[/quote]

but I will now be unable to attend protests on Saturday/''s due to unforseen personal circumstances.

[/quote]

6 points?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

So it seems SOB... very sad but that certainly seems to be the state of affairs to me... [:(]

[/quote]

I seriously couldn''t care less - do what you want - but I can''t see the point in protesting at the moment. I will certainly be waiting until Jan to see if Roeder is backed with funds to bring in players that he wants. I personally think that the board (maybe Turners) deserve some credit for appointing as shrewd a choice as him in the first place and I would imagine that he was promised support in order for him to agree to come.

But, as I say, do what you want - I quite genuinely could not care less.   

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You''re wrong mate, the end of the January transfer window is the key as to whether or not protests are required. If Glen is backed by the board then no protests.

If he is backed and you still protest, then you could be guilty of getting us relegated.

Try living with that!.[:|]

Smudger

Not protesting now is NOT an indication that we all support the board. Far from it. We are supporting the team and the manager. It''s a shame you can''t see for yourself the improvement the new manager has made in terms of the players having more confidence and the style of football improving. Trust me, Glenn Roeder will save us from relegation IF he is backed by the board in the transfer window. IF he is not then as several people have said, the board will have shown the strength of their ambitions for this club. Then and only then will protests happen. They will happen despite your attempts, not because of them.

So true gazza, but in the eyes of a troll one iota of difference from sharing that extremist view means you join the sheep brigade. Its just so naive to believe that everything exists in either black or white.

In fact what the protesters don''t realise is that by having 6 people walk down Riverside the Board will just use that to argue that there is no mood for change within the ranks of normal fans and use it to justify their own track record! Out of 20,000 season ticket holders, a membership base of around 50,000 and a City population of, say, 150,000,  a handful of people does not exactly demonstrate a tidal wave of outraged opinion.

So by launching a poor protest with few/no followers they will make stronger that which they attack. Better to do it if and when the time is right and not let some blinkered overly-dogmatic mantra get in the way of common sense.

Well, I''m not a sheep!.

But protesting now is so bloody wrong. 100% total support is now needed, we certainly don''t need 20 or so publicity seeking loonies to scupper our survival chances either.

And to this end I am prepared to Hex any so called fans trying to do so!.

Sorry, but these are dark times and City need every ounce of help they can get.[:|]

I think the whole protest thing is all over now. To be fair, smudger was only half hearted (pushed into it by arthur), arthur himself, who announced when he first appearead on this board that he was organising protests, has merged into the shadows, and nobody else has stood up to take up the mantle.

I think smudger will do his own one man protest again (as he has done before apparently) and that will be that, until we lose another couple of games on the bounce, then they''ll all come screaming out of the woodwork again. 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I seriously couldn''t care less - do what you want - but I can''t see the point in protesting at the moment. I will certainly be waiting until Jan to see if Roeder is backed with funds to bring in players that he wants. I personally think that the board (maybe Turners) deserve some credit for appointing as shrewd a choice as him in the first place and I would imagine that he was promised support in order for him to agree to come.

But, as I say, do what you want - I quite genuinely could not care less.   

[/quote]

Well said Mac, something that annoys me about the attitude towards Delia etc on this forum is that everyone is quick to slag her off in her appointment of Grant etc but when she appoints Roeder everyone goes happy clappy but conveniently forgets who got the man in place. It annoys the flock out of me to be honest.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

So true gazza, but in the eyes of a troll one iota of difference from sharing that extremist view means you join the sheep brigade. Its just so naive to believe that everything exists in either black or white.

In fact what the protesters don''t realise is that by having 6 people walk down Riverside the Board will just use that to argue that there is no mood for change within the ranks of normal fans and use it to justify their own track record! Out of 20,000 season ticket holders, a membership base of around 50,000 and a City population of, say, 150,000,  a handful of people does not exactly demonstrate a tidal wave of outraged opinion.

So by launching a poor protest with few/no followers they will make stronger that which they attack. Better to do it if and when the time is right and not let some blinkered overly-dogmatic mantra get in the way of common sense.

[/quote]

Then turn up too then... quite simple!!!

Better 6 people turning up than 2...  better a hundred than 6....  better two than nobody at all... see where I am coming from????

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You''re wrong mate, the end of the January transfer window is the key as to whether or not protests are required. If Glen is backed by the board then no protests.

If he is backed and you still protest, then you could be guilty of getting us relegated.

Try living with that!.[:|]

[/quote]

Think you will find it is you lot who are not prepared to satnd up and be counted who are guilty of that Wiz my friend.... my conscience is clear mate.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Sorry Wiz if the board dont back Glen come January, the protests should be long and hard even now i would not be against one, to let them know they are under pressure,after relegation is far too late imo.

[/quote]They have backed him already..... not noticed?

Smudger, as I''ve said before I may well do so if the Board play their usual game and don''t learn the harsh lessons which as seen us in this hole. However I don''t believe that doing anything now is right, Feb 2nd is the key date. Money has been made available for loans and a new assistant manager. We need the new coach and also some good permanent signings in January- Pattison and Taylor would be a good start, maybe Evans. Smith will have gone and some of the youngsters might have been sent to Hartlepool for a bit of toughening up. So by the end of Jan the squad could look very different and if the money has been spent, it then becomes Roeder and Clarks'' responsibility, not the Board anymore.

My beef, to restate it, is having majority shareholders, not the identity of those shareholders. I would be happy with Delia & MWJ having 24.9%, the Turners another 24.9% and the rest spread around quite evenly. I would also like a shareholder representative on the Board and a new CEO plus an advisory committee which sits below the Board but is populated by people more in touch with us and whose brief is to report into the Board on matters of importance to the fanbase on a quarterly basis. None of this will be achieved by protesting, but possibly by persuasion and influence.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]We need the new coach and also some good permanent signings in January- Pattison and Taylor would be a good start, maybe Evans.[/quote]Of those three, only Pattison is likely to come here in January, and if big Sam loses his job, Pattison could quite easily be recalled.  Taylor has already said that he wants to get back to Birmingham to fight for his place there, and there is no way that Man City will allow Evans to leave permanently, although I read something that suggested that Evans might stay for a season, Sven is keen for him to get Championship experience.[quote user="Tumbelweed"]My beef, to restate it, is having majority shareholders, not the

identity of those shareholders[/quote]I agree with this, if the board works as a team, then why is it neccesary to have an uneven distribution of shares ?[quote]I would be happy with Delia & MWJ

having 24.9%, the Turners another 24.9% and the rest spread around

quite evenly. I would also like a shareholder representative on the

Board.....None of this will be achieved by protesting, but

possibly by persuasion and influence.[/quote]Would you be happy to pay to get that influence ?  If there is a groundswell of people willing to pay to get representation on the board, it''s inevitable that it will happen.  The only questions are, how much would have to be raised, probably on a yearly basis, to get representation at that level, and how would you choose from the people paying to get that representation.  Thankfully the supporters Trust is already there to handle these issues, all it needs is our support.

I''ve already paid to a certain extent- I put in £1000 in one of the rights issues for 40 shares. Not sure why but I suppose I wanted to do my bit on a one-off basis out of my annual bonus. I see no reason why the existing Board could not ask individual fan/shareholders who would like to put themselves forward, write a short statement of why and then put it to the vote at an AGM. They then serve on the Board for one year and the process is repeated the year after.

The Trust or any other organisation shouldn''t have to purchase a large block- that in itself would require the approval of Delia and MWJ so if they accept the principle then there are easy ways to achieve it.

I see this type of influence as far more effective than a protest.

On the players I agree its unlikely for the reasons you mention, but I never thought we''d land Darren Huckerby or Dean Ashton.........

[quote]The Trust or any other organisation shouldn''t have to purchase a large

block- that in itself would require the approval of Delia and MWJ so if

they accept the principle then there are easy ways to achieve it.[/quote]I don''t know, if I were on the board of directors, having to pay for players out of my own pocket as some do, I would want the people alongside me to have some understanding of what that means.  Whether you would get that from someone who''s paid out 100 quid to be there is a moot point, I agree.Maybe all that needs to happen is for someone to ask the board nicely.  Can''t help but think that a bit of cash raised might twist their arm a little bit more though...