Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Until we're safe, NO protest should happen!

Why?

Because it sends out negative and totaly wrong vibes!.

No one, absolutely no one, wants Smith, Jones and Doomcaster out more than me, but I''m not prepared to become a instrument of my clubs demise by supporting any protests now.

January sees the transfer window open, this will be Glen Roeders first as City''s manager, he doesn''t need it made any more difficult than it already is, in trying to get the right players here with irrational protests going on.................it tends to put players off coming to the club for starters!.

It may also damage the chances of the loanees signing on permantly, and could well destroy the spirit of the squad Glen is obvisiously building up in them.

If you must protest, wait until we can''t get relegated................to do otherwise, could turn out to be fatal for our club.

I want no truck with that, and nor should you.

To be honest Wiz, I think that Smudger has pretty much damaged his credibility by refusing to back down until the last minute over last Saturdays'' walk.  The lad would do well to take a back seat and let someone else arrange something, he has done himself no favours in terms of getting numbers together.That said, I agree with your points - we need a decent run of games to get us out of this hole, which means everyone getting behind the team, no distractions.  They''ve proven they can do it on the pitch, they just need to keep doing it regularly.

Sorry Wiz if the board dont back Glen come January, the protests should be long and hard even now i would not be against one, to let them know they are under pressure,after relegation is far too late imo.

HI WIZ

Agreed! Any protest should only happen if in late Feb we are still in the bottom 3! ........

I don''t really care if the board are still in place for the next 10 years, as long as they show the money when its needed, expand this club how it should be, and have the clubs best interest at heart. Ok so you may shout at this post and say, ''well they have failed on all of those!'' But have they really? Yes they have made some mistakes, but without them we would still be in the mid table mire for the last 10 years. We would not be in the Prem, we would not have had a playoff final. nearly every club that goes up comes down.

If by Feb and the end of the transfer window we have not spent to get us out of trouble, and I mean spend around 2-5 million. Sorry but the turners and co will have to cough up! Then a protest will happen. I don''t see it any other way!

If the board don''t spend the money thay will lose a lot more than 5 million in League 1 !!!!

Spend it now, get us out of this hole, build with the new manager and new players, take dion on as a coach at the season end, play-offs next season.

EASY!

I wish.

cheers

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why?

Because it sends out negative and totaly wrong vibes!.

No one, absolutely no one, wants Smith, Jones and Doomcaster out more than me, but I''m not prepared to become a instrument of my clubs demise by supporting any protests now.

January sees the transfer window open, this will be Glen Roeders first as City''s manager, he doesn''t need it made any more difficult than it already is, in trying to get the right players here with irrational protests going on.................it tends to put players off coming to the club for starters!.

It may also damage the chances of the loanees signing on permantly, and could well destroy the spirit of the squad Glen is obvisiously building up in them.

If you must protest, wait until we can''t get relegated................to do otherwise, could turn out to be fatal for our club.

I want no truck with that, and nor should you.

[/quote]

24,000 + at every home game would ,statistically, point to there being a distinct lack of support for any protests at the moment

............(.no doubt  the "I''ve paid for my season ticket so I''ve got no choice but to go etc" brigade will jump on me now!)  [H]

Give the board January, you never know they might shock us.  Better to be late than never....of course if it doesn''t happen I will happily stand alongside the protestors.

We have got a good bloke in charge who likes his teams to play good passing football.  He has obviously got an eye for a good player lets see what he can do with whatever money he has to spend. 

The board have got a lot to answer for these last 3 seasons or so agreed.  But what if they start trying to put it right now starting with January, what then?

[quote user="CID"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

24,000 + at every home game would ,statistically, point to there being a distinct lack of support for any protests at the moment

[/quote]

It would only point to them counting empty seats as occupied by season ticket holders who haven''t gone to the game.  There was never anything like 24,000 for the Coventry game.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Give the board January, you never know they might shock us.  Better to be late than never....of course if it doesn''t happen I will happily stand alongside the protestors.

We have got a good bloke in charge who likes his teams to play good passing football.  He has obviously got an eye for a good player lets see what he can do with whatever money he has to spend. 

The board have got a lot to answer for these last 3 seasons or so agreed.  But what if they start trying to put it right now starting with January, what then?

[/quote]If they start to put things right there won''t be any need for a protest surely ?

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Sorry Wiz if the board dont back Glen come January, the protests should be long and hard even now i would not be against one, to let them know they are under pressure,after relegation is far too late imo.

[/quote]

I hate the phrase'' I hear what you''re saying'' Ricky, but I really do hear what you''re saying my man. But, at the end of the day, you''re actually asking the board to sack themselves, and it simply will not happen!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

I hate the phrase'' I hear what you''re saying'' Ricky, but I really do hear what you''re saying my man. But, at the end of the day, you''re actually asking the board to sack themselves, and it simply will not happen!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]If they start to put things right there won''t be any need for a protest surely ?

[/quote]

Agree lappinitup.  Better late than never.  No protests unless the board stuff it up again for me...the proverbial last chance saloon.....

I really hope the board doesn''t disappoint.  I am not happy with them at the moment, in fact I am downright furious.  But I am intrigued to see how they will react especially if the team can string together a decent run of results in December.  I like Glenn Roeder a lot, I just hope he is given a fighting chance to succeed.  Unfortunately for the board the fighting chance is cold hard cash.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CID"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It would only point to them counting empty seats as occupied by season ticket holders who haven''t gone to the game.  There was never anything like 24,000 for the Coventry game.

[/quote]

Can''t argue with that as I personally didn''t count the seats occupied ,or otherwise last Sat [;)] . I always assumed that the capacity was taken purely from turnstile entries - more spin than fact ,I dunno?

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

If by Feb and the end of the transfer window we have not spent to get us out of trouble, and I mean spend around 2-5 million. Sorry but the turners and co will have to cough up! Then a protest will happen. I don''t see it any other way!

[/quote]

Hate to say it, but we are broke. Its all very well demanding we spend £2 - £5m, but seriously, if the money isn''t there (whether through mismanagement, bad transfer dealing, lack of saleable assets on the pitch - whatever) would it be wise to spiral further into debt on the off chance we stay up? Even if we could magically restructure the debt and £5m odd materialised whilst doing so? But as you rightly point out koimatsuba, sitting around idly whilst Rome crumbles would be criminal also...

The big variable in the transfer kitty just has to be these flaming Turners. I mean, just what the hell ARE their intentions?

Jeez, who''d want to run a football club...

[quote user="bobfleck"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

[/quote]

Hate to say it, but we are broke. Its all very well demanding we spend £2 - £5m, but seriously, if the money isn''t there (whether through mismanagement, bad transfer dealing, lack of saleable assets on the pitch - whatever) would it be wise to spiral further into debt on the off chance we stay up? Even if we could magically restructure the debt and £5m odd materialised whilst doing so? But as you rightly point out koimatsuba, sitting around idly whilst Rome crumbles would be criminal also...

The big variable in the transfer kitty just has to be these flaming Turners. I mean, just what the hell ARE their intentions?

Jeez, who''d want to run a football club...

[/quote]

yes I know, the turners and co have to show us what they have in their so called accounts. If they are worth 300million on paper then sell some of the paper!!!

If they refuse to offer a large fund for transfers then why are they here in the first place. If its to make money I''m afraid we are in the wrong league for that. And if we go further down I can only see one thing happening and that is a Leeds sitiation. Liquidation. Sorry but it could be that bad.

Act now or die.

I love city, I hate the way football is now with the have and have nots, but its a fact of life and like life you don''t win unless you gamble a little.

Cheers

There is never a right time to protest. I understand why Smudger postponed it on Saturday, but if he does not go through with it (Like I expect). Then I will assume he has bottled it.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]There is never a right time to protest. I understand why Smudger postponed it on Saturday, but if he does not go through with it (Like I expect). Then I will assume he has bottled it.[/quote]

The Protest should be renamed ''Notest''...Because nothing will happen. And plenty that were starting to blame Delia for every loss will now start getting onside again if the results keep going as they are. Good to see some of the loan signings doing very well....and proving that confidence certainly does affect players performance. Always believed we weren''t seeing the best of some under the confidence sapping Grant.

So pleased tonight! Graham Paddon would be pleased : )

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]There is never a right time to protest. I understand why Smudger postponed it on Saturday, but if he does not go through with it (Like I expect). Then I will assume he has bottled it.[/quote]

The Protest should be renamed ''Notest''...Because nothing will happen. And plenty that were starting to blame Delia for every loss will now start getting onside again if the results keep going as they are. Good to see some of the loan signings doing very well....and proving that confidence certainly does affect players performance. Always believed we weren''t seeing the best of some under the confidence sapping Grant.

[/quote]

Protest will be going ahead as planned...

Those who are suggesting that we have turned a corner will no doub''t feel ashamed of themselves again soon...

We haven''t turned a corner... Roeder is having a little new managers honeymoon period and we have played two extremely poor looking teams.

Yes we have picked up a couple of useful results and given ourselves a chance... but let us not forget we are still bottom of the league and still staring relegation in the face.

Our board have let us down for 4 seasons running and will let us down yet again in the up and coming transfer window.

Honestly you lot wonder why we take the michael out of you... [*-)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Those who are suggesting that we have turned a corner will no doub''t feel ashamed of themselves again soon...

We haven''t turned a corner... Roeder is having a little new managers honeymoon period and we have played two extremely poor looking teams.

Yes we have picked up a couple of useful results and given ourselves a chance... but let us not forget we are still bottom of the league and still staring relegation in the face.

Our board have let us down for 4 seasons running and will let us down yet again in the up and coming transfer window.

[/quote]

I''m not normally one for hurling abuse at people (Well, except the ref, and that Volz bloke, and the Derby keeper), but Smudger you really are a complete tosser.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That cuts both ways [;)]

Can''t help feel I speak for many on this board both regular posters and lurkers when I say I look forward to passing you and a handful of others on Carrow bridge during your pointless no-test. The three best things about these last 2 wins - Firstly, obviously the 6 points and the way the team has pulled together and started to perform. Secondly, the way a couple of positve results has pulled this forum together. Some people do forget that we''re all supporters and that tag does rely on actually supporting the team - not hoping that we lose and having a go at all of us who are actually doing something positive to try and get our team out of the mire - mainly getting behind Glenn Roeder and singing as loudly as we can during the 90 minutes. Thirdly, and this has to be my favourite of the 3 - any sort of positive result against Stoke on Saturday and believe me, I''d happily settle for a point will make you and your handful of protesters comes December even more ridiculous, Yes mistakes have been made, yes ideally things would have been different but surely you see how ridiculed you''re going to be. I don''t expect you to cancel it - after all , you''re as deeply entrenched in your views about the board as some as some of us are who you wittily label sheep are who support the club, the team and yes, on occasions the board. Anyway, as you huddle together for warmth on that Saturday singing your "Anti-Delia" songs, please do keep an eye out for me -I''ll be easy to spot. I''ll be one of 24,000+ cheering on my team whilst roaring with laughter at the no-test!

Wolfie,

Let Uncle Rudolph give to a second ''Get Out of Jail Free Card.''

Protest at the next home game but do so on the basis that we can see what Roeder acheives with financial backing and that we are no where near where we need to be yet so no reverting to cautious type:

If Brum will sell and he wants to come here sign Taylor.

Sign Pattison.

Sign Camara.

And make funds available in January.

I am optimistic because I don''t believe Roeder et al came here just to struggle in The Championship year on year and hope he received assurances.

For me it is quite legitimate to back the Club by pressuring the Board to come out and back the football. This ignited our promotion year and while I look for nothing more than safety at  this stage in such an inconsistent league who knows?

So, my man, your protest can be about telling the Board they are on parole only and need to prove they mean to support the playing side in the medium to long term and not just stump up for a short term fix.

Protest will be going ahead as planned...Planned?  I see no plans! You are a See You Next Tuesday merchant aren''t you Marky darling?

Those who are suggesting that we have turned a corner will no doub''t feel ashamed of themselves again soon...WE?

We haven''t turned a corner... Roeder is having a little new managers honeymoon period and we have played two extremely poor looking teams. You of course are saying that because you have seen both of them in action haven''t you - perhaps you meant "on the honestly biased commentary that I listened to on my wireless..."

Yes we have picked up a couple of useful results and given ourselves a chance... but let us not forget we are still bottom of the league and still staring relegation in the face. Ourselves?

Love to Adam as ever

Sx-ee

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Think you''ll be on your own Snudger as the rest of us will be concentrating on cheering the team on to another victory and 3 more points

[quote user="sxcanaree"]

Protest will be going ahead as planned...Planned?  I see no plans! You are a See You Next Tuesday merchant aren''t you Marky darling?

Those who are suggesting that we have turned a corner will no doub''t feel ashamed of themselves again soon...WE?

We haven''t turned a corner... Roeder is having a little new managers honeymoon period and we have played two extremely poor looking teams. You of course are saying that because you have seen both of them in action haven''t you - perhaps you meant "on the honestly biased commentary that I listened to on my wireless..."

Yes we have picked up a couple of useful results and given ourselves a chance... but let us not forget we are still bottom of the league and still staring relegation in the face. Ourselves?

Love to Adam as ever

Sx-ee

[/quote]

Ahh isn''t it sweet to have a devoted heckler???

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Think you''ll be on your own Snudger as the rest of us will be concentrating on cheering the team on to another victory and 3 more points

[/quote]

Don''t you start calling me Snudger too... damn you!!!

(Private joke to myself)  [:$]

A word of caution, two good results are very welcome and i am a happy bunny too but i believe Roeder is doing good not because of the board but despite them, january will be the big test for our now loved board after two results, it still dont wipe out the years of neglect, i say go for it Smudger, let them know they are in the last chance saloon. We still have a hell of a fight on our hands to stay up, if we reach that target i will be over the moon but i sure as hell wont be thanking Delia and co, they got us in this mess in the first place.

[quote user="ricky knight"]A word of caution, two good results are very welcome and i am a happy bunny too but i believe Roeder is doing good not because of the board but despite them, january will be the big test for our now loved board after two results, it still dont wipe out the years of neglect, i say go for it Smudger, let them know they are in the last chance saloon. We still have a hell of a fight on our hands to stay up, if we reach that target i will be over the moon but i sure as hell wont be thanking Delia and co, they got us in this mess in the first place.[/quote]

Remember that although the board (AND Dave Stringer) were responsible for the signing of Grant as manager, they''re also responsible for signing Roeder...and if he does well this season then surely they should get credit, just as they got criticism for Grant, no?. Good results though Ricky, let''s hope we keep this up :)

but my point is we should never been in this trouble in the first place, but hey i aint going to argue, i will personally never go to carrow road again while Delia and her buddies are there and escaping relegation wont change that but i am still a happy bunny with the last two wins.

Mark Smith wrote:

"Ahh isn''t it sweet to have a devoted heckler???"

My response:

Shall we ask the board for you?  All you seem to do is heckle "them"- I''m just giving you back some of your own medicine darling.

If you want to protest, come up with a rational alternative.

All you seem to know is what you don''t want, not what you do. What are these "plans"?

So Mark - Lets take the hypothetical situation that the board has resigned and put the club up for sale. 

You have been asked to lead a consortium to take the club forward. - What are your plans?

The Smith/Wynn Jones Position is I believe now completely equity based therefore a buyer would need to be found for a majority stake which for the purpose of this excercise lets say that this has happened - this raises no funds for the club as it simply buys the shareholding.

This then leads on to other issues

How do you plan to deal with the repayment of the Turner loan which is repayable if the Wynn Jones''s are no longer majority shareholders and the Axa who are looking for confirmation that their securitised loan (effectively a mortgage) is going to continued to be paid?

As "Delias" is a brand of Delia Smith how are you going to handle the branding and imaging rights of the catering business, will Ms Smith negotiate with you? - without this branding will it still be profitable?

You claim to be a businessman - what do you want to achieve here?

As ever love to Adam.

Sx-ee [U]