Sign in to follow this  
Vern

Shola Ameobi On His Way!!!

Does anyone here actually, honestly beleive that he is coming to carrow road?

lets be realistic here please

besides i am good freinds with a newcastle fan and he is injured anyway

[quote user="sam"]

Does anyone here actually, honestly beleive that he is coming to carrow road?

lets be realistic here please

besides i am good freinds with a newcastle fan and he is injured anyway

[/quote]

He was not injured midweek when he scored against Everton Reserves

I don''t think anyone ever suggested Martins would play for Norwich. Just quoting facts.

Do I think Martins is coming to Norwich, probably not.

Do I think Martins is the player Roeder was talking about. Don''t know, but lets look at the facts;

1) Newcastle have a plethora of strikers at the moment

2) Roeder still has great contacts at Newcastle

3) Martins fits the description from Roeders quote.

Thats all anyone has ever said.

haha. stop it, you''re not getting our best striker (along with owen) on

loan! you could try and buy him if you have £15m lying spare tho.according

to some rumours on my newcastle forum you want Ameobi and Pattison on

loan. Ameobi would be a real coup for you, and would be one of the best

strikers in the championship. roeder seemed to get the best out of him

and he had a 1 goal every 2 games record under him.  Pattison is not

very good and i can''t see him making a dramatic impact to your side. he

showed some talent a few years ago when he first broke into the team,

but some bad injuries mixed with a poor attitude and lifestyle have

damaged his prospects. with roeder being our academy director before

manager, there''s a good chance he might have his eye on a few more of

our youngsters, the likes of Troisi and Edgar would do well for you and

we''d benefit from them having the experience.anyway, good luck norwich, hope you do well under glenn!

I think its Zamora who hes after and we couldnt have him this week because Bellamy and Ashton are injured.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=175743

A link saying Megson is interested in taking him to Bolton, in a 2m switch.

http://www.fansfc.com/norwichfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=175736

This would tend to indicate if it was him that, he would come in december, so how long would his loan be, which story if either is true I don''t know, but if we were to take him on loan i would want a similar period to when we got Crouch and Hucks, so that it would make a real difference to our season, rather than just giving him a few games and then seeing him sold off to another prem team...

i think its Zamora too... hope it is! I''ve always wanted to sing that song!

When the Balls in the goal

its not Drogba or cole

Its Zamora!

When the ball hits the net

all the Women get wet

thats Zamora!

sung to the tune of ''thats amore'' Great song!

jas :)

[quote user="nufc9"]haha. stop it, you''re not getting our best striker (along with owen) on loan! you could try and buy him if you have £15m lying spare tho.

according to some rumours on my newcastle forum you want Ameobi and Pattison on loan. Ameobi would be a real coup for you, and would be one of the best strikers in the championship. roeder seemed to get the best out of him and he had a 1 goal every 2 games record under him.  Pattison is not very good and i can''t see him making a dramatic impact to your side. he showed some talent a few years ago when he first broke into the team, but some bad injuries mixed with a poor attitude and lifestyle have damaged his prospects. with roeder being our academy director before manager, there''s a good chance he might have his eye on a few more of our youngsters, the likes of Troisi and Edgar would do well for you and we''d benefit from them having the experience.

anyway, good luck norwich, hope you do well under glenn![/quote]

nufc9, the posts about us getting owen and martins on loan are 100% stupid, I agree. What position does Pattison play? Oh and dont worry we hope we do well under Glenn as well.

Also

When the balls in the net,

its a very safe bet its..Zammoora. Same tune.

Ameobi has his own top chant.

Shooooollla Ameooobii, sung like the hokey cokey.

Ameobi is likely to arrive Monday/Tuesday next week once a few final details have been sorted out over the weekend, and two other players (left back and central midfielder) from the same Premiership club (not Newcastle) are due to arrive over the next week or so, again once details have been sorted out.

I dont think writing what everyone wants to hear makes you popular look at Peter Grant.

Unless you have a reliable source, I find it hard to believe we''ll get what we want

These things can obviously fall through but if you look at my previous posts I don''t have a habit of coming up with pie in the sky stories.  Am told that the Ameobi deal is 80% done, and that we will be getting two players from the same top Premiership club who are yet to fully break through into the first team on a regular basis but play Coca-Cola cup games and are strong athletic players.  Am also told that the quality of loan player Roeder is trying to get to the club is of a much higher standard than we are used to.  There is also likely to be a reasonable level of cash available in the transfer window in the New Year to strengthen the squad. 

OTBC

My Green and Yellow heart wants to believe so much..

And the more I see it the less ridiculous it sounds!

the same top club might be arsenal? roeder tried to get LB armand traore to join newcastle last season but wenger thought he wasn''t ready for regular first team football yet. roeder is also mates with wenger apparently and was considered for the director of football position at the emirates. seems a bit mad to me but that was what was reported.for the lad who asked, pattison is a central midfielder from south africa, probably more attacking than defensive, and has also played on the left for us. was supposed to be ''the next gazza'' when he was in the academy, and initially he did show a bit of skill and initiative, but he looks pretty devoid of talent recently, not to mention fat.

Come on you yellows. This sort of talk is great. Shola Ameobi, Bobby Zamora etc. Lets get these guys in and give everyone a lift. We of all fans deserve a lift. Get the "feel good factor" back to Carrow Rd. I wanna be sat in a queue on the telephone ordering my tickets cos it means I am after something that many others want. Come on......we are NCFC. We need to get the crowd buzzing again.

[quote user="nufc9"]the same top club might be arsenal? roeder tried to get LB armand traore to join newcastle last season but wenger thought he wasn''t ready for regular first team football yet. roeder is also mates with wenger apparently and was considered for the director of football position at the emirates. seems a bit mad to me but that was what was reported.

for the lad who asked, pattison is a central midfielder from south africa, probably more attacking than defensive, and has also played on the left for us. was supposed to be ''the next gazza'' when he was in the academy, and initially he did show a bit of skill and initiative, but he looks pretty devoid of talent recently, not to mention fat.
[/quote]

God please no more "fat" people. Glenn has only just sent Barry Bethel back to West Brom!!!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="nufc9"]was supposed to be ''the next gazza''...he looks pretty devoid of talent recently, not to mention fat.
[/quote]

Exactly - the next Gazza.

[/quote]

Like it Graham

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

These things can obviously fall through but if you look at my previous posts I don''t have a habit of coming up with pie in the sky stories.  Am told that the Ameobi deal is 80% done, and that we will be getting two players from the same top Premiership club who are yet to fully break through into the first team on a regular basis but play Coca-Cola cup games and are strong athletic players.  Am also told that the quality of loan player Roeder is trying to get to the club is of a much higher standard than we are used to.  There is also likely to be a reasonable level of cash available in the transfer window in the New Year to strengthen the squad. 

OTBC

[/quote]hope you''re right punting - we need players like these - they can''t get here quick enough imo

Incidently NUFC just thinking about Newcastle and the fact you are on a NCFC website reminds me of one of my own favourite nights at Carrow Road about 15 years ago when Mirandihna made his Newcastle debut in the old first division.  It was a freezing cold Wednesday night and I was ballboy sat in front of the away fans in the Barclay Stand.  Newcastle were around 5th from bottom from memory and Mirandihna had signed on the Monday or Tuesday and was making his debut.  Throughout a dire game with Mirandinha wearing a pair of gloves and looking a class above my sole memory was the Newcastle fans singing for the hole 90 minutes (mainly "Hail that Ceasar"), and the incredible amount of drunkeness behind me and the grief I got when I didnt get the ball back quick enough.  The first Brazilian in English football I think and a bit of a false dawn as I seem to remember he left about 6 months later.  Great night though.

Actually, I think the headline according to my ''insider'' source at Carra, should read: "Shoals of Amoeba - are on their way!"....(To supplement the NCFC board and Chief Exec).....[:|]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Incidently NUFC just thinking about Newcastle and the fact you are on a NCFC website reminds me of one of my own favourite nights at Carrow Road about 15 years ago when Mirandihna made his Newcastle debut in the old first division.  It was a freezing cold Wednesday night and I was ballboy sat in front of the away fans in the Barclay Stand.  Newcastle were around 5th from bottom from memory and Mirandihna had signed on the Monday or Tuesday and was making his debut.  Throughout a dire game with Mirandinha wearing a pair of gloves and looking a class above my sole memory was the Newcastle fans singing for the hole 90 minutes (mainly "Hail that Ceasar"), and the incredible amount of drunkeness behind me and the grief I got when I didnt get the ball back quick enough.  The first Brazilian in English football I think and a bit of a false dawn as I seem to remember he left about 6 months later.  Great night though.[/quote]

It was actually in the late eighties - and Ruel Fox had ''Big, Big Hair''....... I was in amongst the ''Geordies'' (don''t ask), and some of them were wearing sombrero''s - and a few Brazilian flags were on display. They were singing "We''ve got Mirandihna, he''s not from Argentina - he''s from Brazil - he''s really brill!".....and some other little ditties. I concur, it wasn''t the best game to watch. I also watched ''Miro'' against Forest at the ''City ground'' (don''t ask) when they beat Forest and when ''Dihna'' outpaced Des Walker (who was top notch at the time) and slammed in a superb goal......Aah the mammaries....err memories....(don''t ask).[U][<:o)][B] 

I remember that night too PC. Whenever he got the ball,Mirandinha just did  a "heads down and run with it" job.

Did the powers that be at Sid James Pk ever get him to actually pass the ball??

Presume that hes 5th in the queue at Newcastle behind Owen, Smith, Viduka and Martins so a loan with us for a month to join his friend Roeder is making more and more sense.

Hes started 3 games this season for them.