Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

Now another buyer comes in for Ipswich..what's wrong with us?

We need investment. SIMPLE AS. This isnt a call for Delia to go however when you hear about teams like Ipswich being subject of takeover bids and the teams that came down from the premiership last season sheff united watford and charlton all with money as well surely its clear to everybody that WE NEED INVESTMENT. Delia should be out seeking investment and not making exuses about championship clubs.

These are crucial times for ncfc. I hear Andrew Turner has a bit of money so why hasnt he contributed?

[quote user="C.T "]

I hear Andrew Turner has a bit of money so why hasnt he contributed?

[/quote]

Why would he invest in a team he doesnt own, one that will eventualy be sold !

What does it gain him ? other than putting a few more millions into the cooks pocket.

I wouldnt invest if i were him, not before buying the team.

Because froma buisness sense it just isnt worth it for him.

Its shocking that Ipswich can attract 2 different takeovers plus intrest from david Sullivan yet Delia claims noone is interested in us? Who has the better support, potential and facilitys? Its not the bloody scum is it!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its shocking that Ipswich can attract 2 different takeovers plus intrest from david Sullivan yet Delia claims noone is interested in us? Who has the better support, potential and facilitys? Its not the bloody scum is it![/quote]Unfortunalty Arthur it is location location location well it is with David Sullivan he has said he wants a club near his Essex  home and i''m guessing the same is true with the other bidder.

Well we''ve got the better support, but their facilities and potential are better than ours as much as it pains me to say.

[quote user="OTBC"]Well we''ve got the better support, but their facilities and potential are better than ours as much as it pains me to say.
[/quote]

their facilities are crap! the away end is rubbish, their training ground is a local park and they dont even own the ground

jas :)

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its shocking that Ipswich can attract 2 different takeovers plus intrest from david Sullivan yet Delia claims noone is interested in us? Who has the better support, potential and facilitys? Its not the bloody scum is it![/quote]

Unfortunalty Arthur it is location location location well it is with David Sullivan he has said he wants a club near his Essex  home and i''m guessing the same is true with the other bidder.
[/quote]

I cant entertain that Barcley, 45 miles is hardly a big difference when so much money is involved. No way is it location imo.

have the board actually come out and said we will listen to offers???? i may of missed it but i havnt read it anywhere

if not, then whos going to make offer for club which isnt available? when one down the road is

[quote user="we8wba"]

have the board actually come out and said we will listen to offers???? i may of missed it but i havnt read it anywhere

if not, then whos going to make offer for club which isnt available? when one down the road is

[/quote]

Whats this "we"? I thought you were a wolves fan?

It comes down to the fact that we have a far better chance of promotion than Norwich, Evans lives All over the world and Location is irrelevant to him, he wanted a team with History and tradition who if they were to get promoted via his money would get 30,000 plus week in week out!

Nobody wants a league 1 side these day''s!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Exacctly so.

Our lady is standing four square on the border determined to repel invaders.

And people know it.

Ever thought of the PR downside as an ''outsider'' in getting involved in an unwanted takeover bid with middle England''s favourite cook. That would probably scare the shebangs off of Robert Maxwell.

Cooking & football are both high visibility these days.

Poor us, Norfolk folks! 

OTBC

a

OTBC

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its shocking that Ipswich can attract 2 different takeovers plus intrest from david Sullivan yet Delia claims noone is interested in us? Who has the better support, potential and facilitys? Its not the bloody scum is it![/quote]It''s shocking that so many muppets have to compare us to Ipswich so often. We are in completely different worlds, both financially and geographically. And don''t you think if someone was interested in NCFC, they''d get the fans onside whether Delia likes it or not? But yet they haven''t. That''s because no one is interested. Is it really that difficult to work out?Can we stop banging on about this now?

[quote user="clblue"]

It comes down to the fact that we have a far better chance of promotion than Norwich, Evans lives All over the world and Location is irrelevant to him, he wanted a team with History and tradition who if they were to get promoted via his money would get 30,000 plus week in week out!

Nobody wants a league 1 side these day''s!

[/quote ]The only time you would get 30000+ is when a London club or manure come to your grotty little town, there were plenty of games the last time you were in the prem the attendance fell below 30000. Anyway what is the point in buying a club that only gets 30000 when you could buy one 40 miles down the road where you could get nearer 40000 if a bit of money was spent making the ground bigger.

[quote user="OTBC"]Well we''ve got the better support, but their facilities and potential are better than ours as much as it pains me to say.
[/quote] How have they got more potential than us? you must be an Ipswich fan.

[quote user=" Luke The Percy Positive"]Im a Gordon Ramsey man myself.[/quote] 

Me too. In fact watching GR running the marathon this year I remarked to myself that I''d rather someone who pants in the Country than a...........a..............a............... "spoonerism" running my club.

Yes we have far more potential than Naarwich, We have a fantastic academy that continues bringing through quality players and we are far more likeyl to get promoted in the next 2 or 3 years than you are!

You may get promoted next season, but you will only be back in the championship!

Oh and 40,000 pull the other one!!! Both sides would get about 30-35,000 in the premiership depending on the quality of opposition!

It could be argued that the Real Investors in Ipswich were the local businesses who were obliged to contribute 95p in the £ and now Norwich Union with their alleged "gift" of 80p in the £. Thats not how I want my team to operate! Yes, an investor would be really nice - but in the proper sense, and not a debt purchaser, with probable intentions to make a very good profit at some time in the future. Isn''t that how they normally operate?

[quote user="clblue"]

Yes we have far more potential than Naarwich, We have a fantastic academy that continues bringing through quality players and we are far more likeyl to get promoted in the next 2 or 3 years than you are!

You may get promoted next season, but you will only be back in the championship!

Oh and 40,000 pull the other one!!! Both sides would get about 30-35,000 in the premiership depending on the quality of opposition!

[/quote]I think you probably will get promoted by next season, you look as though you have the money and it''s the clubs that have the most money even in the championship that get promoted. I also can''t argue with the fact that you have been far more successful at bringing academy players through for a long time but if both clubs enjoyed equal success I think that we have the potential to get bigger crowds than you, when we played Arsenal 3 years ago we could have sold 47000 tickets if the ground was big enough, that was the number of requests the club confirmed they had for tickets for that game.

[quote user="clblue"]

[/quote]

Ever sold 20,000 season-tickets (capped) three years running when you`re doing absolutely crap? We have.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its shocking that Ipswich can attract 2 different takeovers plus intrest from david Sullivan yet Delia claims noone is interested in us? Who has the better support, potential and facilitys? Its not the bloody scum is it![/quote]

It''s shocking that so many muppets have to compare us to Ipswich so often. We are in completely different worlds, both financially and geographically.

And don''t you think if someone was interested in NCFC, they''d get the fans onside whether Delia likes it or not? But yet they haven''t. That''s because no one is interested. Is it really that difficult to work out?

Can we stop banging on about this now?
[/quote]

Financially we should be a much more attractive proposition than ipswich if the "growing other revenue streams" stuff is to be believed. Geographically we are the regional capital, in the top ten retail centres in the country, and have a captive market of over 1 million people with no other clubs or major sports. Ipswich are less than an hour away from the big London clubs.

As far as Sullivan goes, the boards at City and Brum have publically praised each other several times in the last few years, do you honestly think that he would launch a hostile takeover?! Delia does not want to give up her little plaything so any potential investors think they are on a hiding to nothing.

"The only time you would get 30000+ is when a London club or manure come to your grotty little town, there were plenty of games the last time you were in the prem the attendance fell below 30000. Anyway what is the point in buying a club that only gets 30000 when you could buy one 40 miles down the road where you could get nearer 40000 if a bit of money was spent making the ground bigger."

What a load of tat! We were building the extension to the North Stand IN THE SEASON we got relegated, we never played a Prem match in a 30 000 capacity stadium. We did, however, sell out EVERY match we played in those 2 seasons which rather disproves your point.

It''s amazing how ignorant people are sometimes! 

Well, if both of these offers are in fact on the table, and assuming they are both bona fide offers, it stands to reason that somebody is going to be disappointed. Should that party then turn his attention to the less indebted, better supported club 40 miles further north? The club that owns its own ground? I would certainly hope the board are exploring the possibility as a matter of extreme urgency. We cannot continue in the current vein, with chronic lack of investment while lesser clubs soak up money like sponges. Its time for Smith to find her idiot. Can anyone seriously object?

Charlie''s dad

You don''t seem to grasp the point, NOBODY  wants to buy a league 1 team and you are a league 1 team in the making for sure! Your future is very bleak indeed!

[quote user="clblue"]

Charlie''s dad

You don''t seem to grasp the point, NOBODY  wants to buy a league 1 team and you are a league 1 team in the making for sure! Your future is very bleak indeed!

[/quote]

You need to try and be a bit more humble.  We aren''t league 1 yet and you arent promoted yet.  It is still very early in the season and there is always a club that punches above its station early on, I believe it was Burnley last year.  Outplayed for much of the game at our place and tonked away from home next game. 

I am just waiting for you to come out with the immortal lines.....''we hosted an England game''....''we won the UEFA cup once''.....''we won the league in the early 80''s''.  Why dont you p*ss off back to suffolk and post on your won message board.  **** (put your own word in, mine has got 2 T''s a W and an A)

[quote user="Chabal"]

"The only time you would get 30000+ is when a London club or manure come to your grotty little town, there were plenty of games the last time you were in the prem the attendance fell below 30000. Anyway what is the point in buying a club that only gets 30000 when you could buy one 40 miles down the road where you could get nearer 40000 if a bit of money was spent making the ground bigger."

What a load of tat! We were building the extension to the North Stand IN THE SEASON we got relegated, we never played a Prem match in a 30 000 capacity stadium. We did, however, sell out EVERY match we played in those 2 seasons which rather disproves your point.

It''s amazing how ignorant people are sometimes! 

[/quote]I have just been looking at your fixtures for the year you got relegated and you played Middlesborough at the end of April when your ground improvements were finished, the attendance was 25979 which even allowing for the fact middlesborough didn''t sell their allocation was a couple of thousand below capacity, you also played Chelsea in April when the capacity was 30500 and attracted a crowd of 28053 which was again 2500 below capacity.  That rather disproves your point that you sold out every match, but then you are right on one thing, It is amazing how ignorant people can be sometimes.

[quote user="clblue"]

Charlie''s dad

[/quote] Norwich city is far more than a league one team. It is the biggest club in a one hundred mile radius in a regional capital, growing and expanding in every way. It is not a die-ing port known only for cigarettes and prostitutes. The mis-management of the current board can be reversed with financial input, and local businesses do not have to be screwed in the process. I grasp the point very well indeed. Dont come on here and preach to me about Norwich City.