Sign in to follow this  
sam

Julien Brellier

just out of interest does anyone know how much he cost us???????

and how old is he???????????

Some of us could see he was class and that Grant simply demotivated him  I suggested he would be a midfield general this season and captain material for next season - anyone care to disagree after Sunday?

[quote user="sam"]

just out of interest does anyone know how much he cost us???????

and how old is he???????????

[/quote]

''Le tortoise'' had a decent game yesterday, even though he is devoid of pace. I''m not going to go mad and pretend he''s brilliant after one good game, but maybe Roeder can suceed where Grant failed. Another case of watch this space...

[quote]Some

of us could see he was class and that Grant simply demotivated him  I

suggested he would be a midfield general this season and captain

material for next season - anyone care to disagree after Sunday?[/quote]I agree that he could be great for us.  However, once the honeymoon period is over for Roeder, will the players (not just Brellier) be trying as hard to impress ?  If every player can reproduce that effort for every game from now on, I''ll be a happy camper, and we''ll stay up.

ole brellier worked well with russell yesterday,  and for me this combo looked too strong in the middle all day against ipswich, but especially 2nd half.with smith fit now, i''d still like a 4th midfielder in to make the players fight for their place. - both brellier and russell know what''s required now, and to my mind if they drop below this standard then you need another good player to bring in, otherwise its hobsons choice for roeder.get these players incentive and they will perform.

ole brellier worked well with russell yesterday,  and for me this combo

looked too strong in the middle all day against ipswich, but especially

2nd half.with smith fit now, i''d still like a 4th midfielder in

to make the players fight for their place. - both brellier and russell

know what''s required now, and to my mind if they drop below this

standard then you need another good player to bring in, otherwise its

hobsons choice for roeder.get these players incentive and they will perform.

[quote user="oz man"]well grant signed him in teh first place so how can it be bad management:S[/quote]

There''s a difference between bad management and bad man management.

Brellier performed much better than we have seen before at Carrow Road. Particularly in the 2nd half. But I felt it was Russell who was doing most of the work in the middle, with Chadwick showing some quality to link up play with the strikers. The frustrating thing is Brellier does show good passing ability when he chooses to get involved. But he''s still fairly lightweight.

I hope Roeder''s coaching team can get working on him. Because we badly need someone who can both protect the back line, as well as start attacks from the back.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I agree Russell did much of the spadework yesterday, Brellier did well but jury very much out as far as i am concerned.[/quote]

Yeah, one game doesn''t make a good player agreed, but I think he might do better under a better manager. He played consistently well under Burley (who built a very competitive team around him), let''s hope that Roeder can succeed where Grant failed.    

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ole brellier worked well with russell yesterday,  and for me this combo looked too strong in the middle all day against ipswich, but especially 2nd half.

with smith fit now, i''d still like a 4th midfielder in to make the players fight for their place. - both brellier and russell know what''s required now, and to my mind if they drop below this standard then you need another good player to bring in, otherwise its hobsons choice for roeder.

get these players incentive and they will perform.[/quote]

Still not too sure how we will get on with both Rusty and Judge together, for me they don''t have enough creative play between them, imagine if Rusty had a range of decent passing to go with his tenacity and drive, tackling etc, I still think that our number one partneship could be Smith and Jusge.

I think Fothy could be a good player for us this season, he is a different player to russell or brellier, and similarly to any of the wide players. I think getting match fitness, and some playing time may help, i think he undoubtedly is a very talented player, we will see what Roeder thinks of him, because some real class in the centre of midfield would be really welcome.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ole brellier worked well with russell yesterday,  and for me this combo looked too strong in the middle all day against ipswich, but especially 2nd half.with smith fit now, i''d still like a 4th midfielder in to make the players fight for their place. - both brellier and russell know what''s required now, and to my mind if they drop below this standard then you need another good player to bring in, otherwise its hobsons choice for roeder.get these players incentive and they will perform.[/quote]

Still not too sure how we will get on with both Rusty and Judge together, for me they don''t have enough creative play between them, imagine if Rusty had a range of decent passing to go with his tenacity and drive, tackling etc, I still think that our number one partneship could be Smith and Jusge.

[/quote]sure, as a pairing they are limited in creativity, but i just enjoyed city controlling a match for the first time this season.  ippo never really had a dominating spell - not like they did to us 2 seasons ago.  you can argue it both ways - holt & francis weren''t creative either, but controlled the centre enabling our creativity to come from the wings.  when chadders came inside more 2nd half, you could see the other side of the coin, where he created through good link up and passing.  loved the threaded ball through for curo to run onto to.  we''ve not seen this type of play at carra rd for years.  was mulryne, in his prime, the last great creative midfielder at the club???with the likes and hucks and chadders/croft on the wings - having a midfield duo of grafters and ball winners becomes more important, and i saw enough of russell and brellier sunday to think they could be the answer.  BUT - they have to play upto that standard (and brellier to get better as his match fitness/confidence improves) to be assured of a place in the team - the performances we saw on sunday have to be the acceptable norm imo. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

was mulryne, in his prime, the last great creative midfielder at the club???

[/quote]

What???? All he ever did was pass sideways! I liked him as a player, but "Great Creative Midfielder"? We haven''t had one of those since Ian Crook.

that is exactly what fotheringham is

he just passes it sidewards and backwards like bloody robinson

class my ass