Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

FORMATION FOR TONIGHT

I think the first ''1'' was the goalkeeper, followed by 9 defenders and Hucks up front.  Not sure it would really work though, because Huckerby would be isolated up front on his own and would probably drift out to the left leaving a big gap. Then of course Gary Doherty would have a torrid time standing on/and/or injuring our other 8 defenders getting in his way. Ahem

4-5-1

play attacking wingers i.e hucks if fit now, i would play brown up front, then bring on dave striker for last 20-30mins depending on score line n how the game is flowing

A Wolves fan suggesting a formation, brilliant! How should we line up to beat you on Saturday?Anyway, I would go with:MarshallOstemobor Doherty Dublin DruryCroft Russell Brellier LappinStrihavka HuckerbyNeed to be solid in midfield, think playing Brellier central and Lappin on the left will allow us to keep our shape.

[quote user="we8wba"]

4-5-1

play attacking wingers i.e hucks if fit now, i would play brown up front, then bring on dave striker for last 20-30mins depending on score line n how the game is flowing

[/quote]

you''ve clearly never seen chris Brown play!

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

4-5-1

[/quote]

i''d do it the other way round, dave starting and bring on brown in the last 20-30. hes a hard worker so why not bring him on to run rings around tired defenders, open up some space for curo and possiblty nod one in himself? seems logical to me instead of letting him get battered from the word go.

[quote user="OTBC"]A Wolves fan suggesting a formation, brilliant! How should we line up to beat you on Saturday?

Anyway, I would go with:

Marshall
Ostemobor Doherty Dublin Drury
Croft Russell Brellier Lappin
Strihavka Huckerby

Need to be solid in midfield, think playing Brellier central and Lappin on the left will allow us to keep our shape.
[/quote]

...You do realise that if you put Huckerby upfront he will always drift to the left...thus leaving Dave all on his own.

[quote user="OTBC"]A Wolves fan suggesting a formation, brilliant! How should we line up to beat you on Saturday?

Anyway, I would go with:

Marshall
Ostemobor Doherty Dublin Drury
Croft Russell Brellier Lappin
Strihavka Huckerby

Need to be solid in midfield, think playing Brellier central and Lappin on the left will allow us to keep our shape.
[/quote]

exactly how i''d go but i''d be tempted to start Brown alongside Hucks because of the reason somebody mentioned above, he will leave his partner isolated at times and we need somebody who can handle the tempo and power of the game

I know lets do something really original!

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Now thats a tight formation!       

[quote user="Bucketman"]

I know lets do something really original!

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Now thats a tight formation!       

[/quote]

But leaves us open to attacks from the flank and very 1 dimensional going forward

[quote user="allways travelling"]Warning from grant anyone of our players crossing the half way line will be fined a weeks wages.[/quote]

only a week?

If we get a 0.0 from tonights game can anyone say going there this season and getting a draw is not a good result?There will be many teams come back from there this season with nothing.Last season we would of been 4.0 down by now then you really would of had something to moan about