Sign in to follow this  
ShrewsCanary

Grant must go

For crying out loud people, did you really think we''d get amything at Charlton? You muppets. Nothings changed for me, Grant''s doing okay in my book, the sale of key players and the struggle to buy have been situations out of his control. I''m comfortable with MOST of the signings he''s made, and what he''s trying to do here.It''ll be interesting to plot the morale on this forum based on events by date. I think you''ll find most of you are drama queens. Fair play, there are some that have not liked Grant from the beginning, that''s fair enough, but others are changing and switching around like nobodies business from pro to negative back to pro... i''m sorry but once again, reality check, we need to build foundations, this happens to all teams every few years, and we will be strong again. Until then, we need to unite and stand behind the players and management staff.If this carries on, we''ll be the new Spurs... biggest moaners in British football.

Could''t agree more mate.

Our brilliant club deserves better than the clueless peter grant.

Sack him now!!

I can see that grant still has 1 or 2 supporters but he is losing them by the week. Very strange starting line up and tactics. We were completely outplayed from the first minute until the last and we got what we deserved nothing! How did grant get this job, because he has no idea what he is doing.

No it wouldnt Ricky.. it would financially cripple us!

If the new manager came in and made a fist of it and we went down we''d be losing the revenue from championship football, having paid off 2 managers plus compensatin fro 1 (maybe 2 if Grant was replaced) would leave us financially up the creek.

do u want to go down the Leeds, Ipswich or Bradford route just to axe a manager?

jas :)

michael starr im affraid i dont want to do ok i want to be in the top 6 and challange for promotion.

i expected cureton our top goalscorer to play.or am i a drama queen.

I am loosing my get up and go to watch city...  The results is what football is all about, without them there is nothing.  If not get rid of PG , then apoint a strong second to him a proven second  , a proven coach.. Defencive paly is all well and good but then why play a 38yr old striker and a donkey in defence.

Our best player is a 38 year old striker in defence, what does that say...

OH has anyone seen or heard of Martin lately,   where is he

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

ok all of u who want to Grant out.. can any of u answer me this question...

where do we get the money to pay off 3 years of his contract?

if any of you can answer that question logically then i might accept your point.. until then... get real!

[/quote]

He can''t be on that much. Rookie manager and all that. We could sell one of his star signing to raise the cash. Or we could wait until we get relegated and then if we are lucky one of the big guns will come in for him. Could be in for some compensation. I''m all excited now.

[/quote]

that doesnt answer the question Hardhouse.. if peter Grant is on 1 million a year thats 3 million we have to stump up... how about we sell Hucks, Otsemobor and Strihavka then? that will cover the loss!

im still waiting for an answer on where we get Grants payoff from... Bear in mind we have paid off Worthington and 5 years worth of Compensation to Wet sham in the past 12 months for grant... im sure Delias got it stuffed under the matress!

all of u who have posted in this thread need to wake up to the reality of money im afraid.

[/quote]

If this joker is on a million pa, it will be the biggest scandal in NCFC history.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

michael starr im affraid i dont want to do ok i want to be in the top 6 and challange for promotion.

[/quote]

If this carries on much longer King, I''ll be happy to lose our bet mate!.

The team slection was bloody suicidal and so Worthyesque in nature, and don''t even get me started on the Doc!. 

I still haven''t calmed down yet either.[:@]

But seriously, the reaction from a defeat at Charlton has sparked this, had we held on for a draw, you''d all be saying how brilliant it was. We were 5 minutes away, the job was almost done. Places like Charlton, we''re not gonna get anything from.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]For crying out loud people, did you really think we''d get amything at Charlton? You muppets. Nothings changed for me, Grant''s doing okay in my book, the sale of key players and the struggle to buy have been situations out of his control. I''m comfortable with MOST of the signings he''s made, and what he''s trying to do here.

It''ll be interesting to plot the morale on this forum based on events by date. I think you''ll find most of you are drama queens. Fair play, there are some that have not liked Grant from the beginning, that''s fair enough, but others are changing and switching around like nobodies business from pro to negative back to pro... i''m sorry but once again, reality check, we need to build foundations, this happens to all teams every few years, and we will be strong again. Until then, we need to unite and stand behind the players and management staff.

If this carries on, we''ll be the new Spurs... biggest moaners in British football.
[/quote]

Appalling from Grant today, he just does not have any managerial ability.  He will be sacked before the season is out.

Last night was a tactical joke. We could have been three down within ten minutes, and we had no one at the other end to provide any fire power. Brown is useless, yet Cureton - last year''s top scorer in the division - and last Saturday''s match winner were on the bench - why? Why go to a club and shut up shop from the off - once you''re two down, you''re out of it - and we were lucky Charlton didn''t take their chances from a dominating first half. Grant walks around with a clipboard barking orders when his bench is loaded with talent. I think this guy ain''t going to cut it.

Grant on £1 Million a year? No chance!!!

You cant compare his salary to worthy''s, yes,, worthys would have dropped after releagtion but he was still overall a succesful manager, who signed new contracts oin the back of success. He over the years deserved the pay rises he got.

Grant would start from a pretty low salry for a manager i would say, he was a rookie, he took over in the last year of parachute payments, with the club in a poor position. I cna''t see him being on mcuh more than 5k a week, so that 750k over 3 years. Thtas is we would have to pay off his whole salary. So £3 Million is a ridiculous figure, 750k in the scheme of things is affordabble although not particularly helpful considering our circurmstances.

I never thought he should have been appointed in the first place and I have no confidence in the cowards on the board removing him. Even if we were to finish 16th again I bet he would be given one more season, just as Worthy was. Successfull young managers seem to burst onto the scene straight away these days, such as Aidy Boothroyd or Roy Keane. Grant has been here for a year, brought in a lot a players in that time, and taken us nowhere.

On the face of it going to Charlton to play for a draw is not a bad tactic. However where you must question Grants decision is how many games in the past 3 or 4 seasons have we not conceeded a goal away (or at home for that matter). I haven''t got the stats but i''m pretty sure it won''t be many. We always look like conceeding at least one - based on this fact alone to keep a clean sheet would have been an exceptional performance last night. People say we kept them out for 85 mins - so what !!!! we didn''t keep them out for 90 and it is always unlikely we were going to, especially against Charlton - we know that so should you Peter.

So based on the fact we are likely to conceed you have to include players that can nick you a goal to draw or potentially win the game, Huckerby and Cureton are the only players at the moment that fall into that catagory for us. So what do you do Peter - you stick one of them on the bench, giving us even less chance to score.

I''m sure we all feel we are excellent armchair managers, but i''m afraid Mr Grant you made some very strange decisions last night - though in theory your tactics may have made sense it is obvious to most you haven''t got the players to carry them out - therefore you have to adapt the tactics to the players we have. Simple really !  

Before last night''s pile of crap, I had already made my mind up about the three matches - Charlton, Wolves and Man City. To my mind they all had that feel of 2 or 3 nil defeats or worse results about them. I will be completely amazed now if we take anything away from Molineux or Eastlands, Grant Out now, before it''s too late!

I keep hoping that Grant will learn from his mistakes and give the players who prove themselves the benefit of the doubt.

Brown has not proved himself and last night''s lethargy, lack of movement, hideous passing and awareness compounded this for me - why play him at all and why for 89 minutes?  Huckerby has not been effective yet since returning from injury; Cureton has proved himself as has Martin & Strihavka. There is no excuse for none of them to have figured in the game last night. (I''m not countin Cureton''s pointless  6 mins of action with us 2-0 down already)

The outstanding problem which we all know should have been addressed by Grant and the board long ago is that we have no centre backs!!!! The fact is that when DD is covering our defence we have no-one capable of fulfilling the target man role. (unless big Dave is the future)

I just can''t take the frustration any more. Grant - I''m losing my patience. Sort it out!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="king of latvia"]

[/quote]

If this carries on much longer King, I''ll be happy to lose our bet mate!.

The team slection was bloody suicidal and so Worthyesque in nature, and don''t even get me started on the Doc!. 

I still haven''t calmed down yet either.[:@]

[/quote]city fans deserve more 24.000+ gates every home game,if you lot out there are happy with whats going you need to wake up and stop eating your prawn sandwiches.

He''s got to go last nights team selection is the worst in the history off norwich city.He must be living in a dream world if he thought that team was going to get anything last night.I feel so sorry for dave the cheque and cureton having to watch that muppet bown get picked head of them

Yes, I think Grant should go, because he''s an obstinate man and I can''t see him changing his tactics in a hurry which will keep us in the bottom half and inevitably lead us into the relegation mire towards the end of the season - I have no faith in him whatsoever, haven''t had since his acquisition, and I struggle to believe that people with even half a footballing brain still trust this man to bring success to Carrow Road.

While it''s early on in the season and there''s still a chance of promotion with the immediate impact a tried & tested manager could make, I feel that for the sake of this club the Board should seriously consider releasing Grant sooner rather than later.

Home & away attendances are decreasing and will continue to do so if action isn''t taken - the growing number of empty seats at Carrow Road, coupled with the dwindling away support speaks much louder than the overly fanatical few who''re still supporting the Board & the manager here on this forum - those same supporters are bemoaning people for wanting instant success - INSTANT SUCCESS!!!? People yearning for signs of improvement after three to four seasons of relative obscurity is hardly a demand for instant success you diehard wilfs!! [:@]

Grant has to go?

So my question is, and bring who in?

Also for him to go now would cost the club ''big time'', can we afford that?  Probably not without risking financial suicide.

He has been naive in some games tactically, and last night he really made some big mistakes.

Losing my patience, not yet, losing my support, nope not yet, I said Id give the guy a fair crack of the whip until xmas and thats what I will do.  I dont say one thing and then do another, thats in my book is being fickle!

[quote user="Ben Jones"]You obviously wernt there! 2nd half we wernt amazing but we matched charlton and even looked like grabbing a winner at one point!![/quote]

Surely we would have had to grab 3 winners at one point. We also didn''t MATCH Charlton because if we did we would have gained a point in the form of a draw. We don''t need to be there! to know what you are saying is utter blinkered rubbish. Every news paper and website about football will do that for us. We lost 2-0 no matter what you say it is another game we failed to score in and another game that we take nothing from.

Suddenly football matches are rated over 84 minutes just because it suit’s the blinkered everything’s alright with us really brigade. You were there, good on you, defend the club if it makes you feel better. Maybe it’s you way of justify the trip you made against the result we actually got. But don’t tell somebody they had to be there to understand the result because that is nonsense.

Results and league tables never lie.