Charlton v Norwich Match Thread

Team Lineup

Marshall

Otsemobor Doherty Dublin Drury

Chadwick Russell Brellier Lappin

Huckerby

Brown

sub: Gilks, Croft, Shackell, Cureton, Strihavka

I''m glad Dion has kept his place but cant understand why Chadwick is on the left wing instead of Hucks, or are we playing 5 across the middle with one up front.

Guess Cureton and Dave The Striker will be feeling a bit dejected??

Official site says attacking 4-3-3...

Marshall

Russell Brellier Lappin

Chadwick Huckerby

Brown

[quote user="allways travelling"]How negative is this line up welcome to boring football under peter grant.he is becoming a joke.[/quote]

Should we at least wait and see? You never know. [:)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

MarshallOtsemobor Doherty Dublin DruryRussell Brellier LappinChadwick Huckerby Brown

[/quote]We won''t buy their propaganda though, surely? It''s 4-5-1 no doubt and they are trying to make it look attacking and not negative. Not that I am opposed to the system, I am just opposed to the fact Brown is up on his own and not Dave or Jamie. I''d also rather see Croft on the right.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Has Chris Martin broke his leg or something?

He looked an awesome talent lat year and was the one shining light. Not even made the bench this season?

[/quote]yeah, martin a clever footballer, can hold the ball up, and make/spot passes.  also was difficult to shrug off the ball - even kept the likes of derby''s darren moore at bay last season i remember - and moore is a big man, make no mistake. 

We are away to the pre-season favourites - the formation is no surprise and if we are playing a lone striker dion could play it but none of the others are up  to the way we will play it - a long high ball out.

4-3-2-1 may work but would need more pace than chadders can provide - expect to see loads of balls hit towards the corner flags for hux and chadwick to chase while the midfield 3 sit deep and provide a defensive shield.  

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Marshall

Russell Brellier Lappin

Chadwick Huckerby

Brown

[/quote]

I took that from Radio Norfolk but they are now saying that your line up is more probable.

Still dont understand why Chadwick is playing instead of Croft?? Can anyone else?

Also leaving out your top scorer is a gamble??

Chadwick instead of Croft is a mystery to me too although can understand Brown over Cureton in that formation as our Jamie is no target man (but Dave could be so I''m surprised to see Brown start instead of him).

[quote user="cityangel"]Still dont understand why Chadwick is playing instead of Croft?? Can anyone else?[/quote]I haven''t been impressed by Chadwick so far this season yet. He wasn''t bad when he got some action towards the end of last season but Croft looked better against Southampton than Chadwick did against Cardiff and Palace.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Still dont understand why Chadwick is playing instead of Croft?? Can anyone else?

[/quote]

As I said the other day, Chadwick is a Grant signing and Croft isn''t.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Marshall

Russell Brellier Lappin

Chadwick Huckerby

Brown

[/quote]

I took that from Radio Norfolk but they are now saying that your line up is more probable.

Also leaving out your top scorer is a gamble??

[/quote]

It certainly could be but I don''t think that Cureton is at all suitable for the type of game we seem to be going for tonight. Think we''ll be looking for Chadwick and Huckerby to support Brown in holding role where possible. And I doubt DTS is fit enough for 90 minutes. Anyway, I guess we''re about to find out.  

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Has Chris Martin broke his leg or something?

He looked an awesome talent lat year and was the one shining light. Not even made the bench this season?

[/quote]

He was playing for the New Zealand Cricket Team today!

On a serious note, it''s a joke. Young players at Norwich DO NOT get the chance they deserve, Martyin and Hucks pulled us out of trouble last season on their own, what reward does Martin get? - a reserve match against the might of stevenage reserves or whoever.

Another example is Spillane, I believe Murray will be and is mediocre, surely Spillane could have done as good a job in centre defence or midfield, and given him much needed experience for the future.

Chadwick on the left, Huckerby on the Right, Brown up front.

It could be genius.  But I can''t see it.

Lappin, Brellier, Russell in the centre should be pretty solid though.

I think grant wants the same as Preston on the first day... however i dont think he realises Preston arent quite as good as Charlton

Oh dear

[quote user="Bucketman"]

Whats happening? Are we winning or what?

[/quote]

I wish!