Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

To all you positive posters on here..... now do you see

where the concerns come from, from the so called negative posters???

We still have a small squad, in some areas we are very weak.

And now we read the news that it is likely that Etuhu will leave, we have already lost Earnie, and Saffs may be off to West Brom, on top of all this Huckerby is getting more and more narked by the day.

If Safri and Etuhu go I can''t see us getting decent replacements for them both before the start of the season, and what of Huckerby, who knows?  We will be fighting to avoid the drop yet again.

To be honest I don''t blame Huckerby, he has seen the new recruits come in and has probably judged their quality himself, we have lost Earnie, and now perhaps Saf and Etuhu and he sounds like has had enough.

Nothing ever suprises me with NCFC, I know they have not left yet, but it is highly likely. 

Potentially another season going **** up before it even starts.

Having never posted a negitive post this is new to me,imo if we let dickson go then the board should go with him,we should also demand our season ticket money back.Do they really think we are all going to just sit back and keep taking it.I think someone from the club should come out and tell us its all a lie and dickson is going nowhere

Lets get things into perspective shall we, six players in, 1 good player out.  Come on people, lets get real.  Etuhu may be on his way out, has he gone yet? No, and so what if he does leave, he had maybe a couple of handfuls of good to mediocre games last season.  He even admitted himself if hes not confident he does not play well.  Be interesting to see who posted last season that he was pants, and now those that are saying they dont want him to leave.

How do we know there arent more players being brought in to replace the ones that are rumoured at the moment to be off somewhere else?  We don''t always get to hear about signings until the club OFFICIALLY announce it.

There really are some drama queens on here that should be going to drama school instead of carrow road.

If it all goes belly up when the transfer window closes, I will be one of the no doubt many to show my displeasure with the board. 

This is exactly what I have been saying all the time with other posters and its refreshing to see that for some people this is also becoming just one more straw to break the camels back. When you have a player of Huckerby''s quality coming out and voicing concern alarm bells start to ring. There would be more than enough clubs who would be willing to have him too so dont be surprised if Etuhu goes for other clubs to try and tempt our most prized asset. The pro board posters will yet again say ''but what about Leeds'' but that is such a tired argument. What we want is some genuine commitment from the board and invest some money, that is clearly there, in some proven quality. This club is in neutral at the moment and is in danger of slipping into reverse. At least being a Leeds fan you know your had a go at the big time! 

Ambition anyone?!!

What I can''t understand is those who are moaning about possibly losing Etuhu - it seems that they have donned rose coloured spectacles on during the close season which is making them think he is a modern day Pele or something.  These people are clearly a different set of posters who laughed a supposed £1.5m bid from Middlesbrough off the Board only a few months as being beyond our wildest dreams.  Now it is as if everyone has him down as key to our entire season.

Yes he is a decent player, but yes he is also a lazy so and so, and that is 50% or more of the time. IMO we cannot afford to have players in our side who are like that, however good they might be on their day.  Our m/f was pretty woeful last season, we shipped 70+ goals and you cannot just blame the defence for this, nor was the m/f making up for this at the other end of the pitch anywhere near often enough.  As the player who played the most games, and in a crucial central m/f role, why is it that people suddenly have Etuhu as being blameless? 

This whole situation is like breaking up with your girlfriend.You don''t think much of her so you let your displeasure be known. But then you see her with someone else and, uh oh, whats going on? I MUST be missing out on something.... oh no, the grass is wayyyyy greener on her side!!Its just the way it works, stupid example i know... but neither dickson or safri have been any good for the last 2 seasons yet suddenly everyone thinks they are our only chance at salvation. Get them both replaced ASAP. (and yes, i would also be very p****d off if this isn''t done properly)

I think you are missing the major point of all this.

Darren Huckerby, our consistently best player for three years and a talisman for the club has openly criticised the board for these developments.  He has recognised that whatever we think of Etuhu, he could be influential.  If he is fed up then something is smelling behind the scenes for him to come out vocally against it.

It is a worrying development.  Not a disaster yet but if they both go and nobody else comes in, then we had better get off to a flying start or there really could be serious trouble down carrow road.

[quote user="JC"]

I think you are missing the major point of all this.

Darren Huckerby, our consistently best player for three years and a talisman for the club has openly criticised the board for these developments.  He has recognised that whatever we think of Etuhu, he could be influential.  If he is fed up then something is smelling behind the scenes for him to come out vocally against it.

It is a worrying development.  Not a disaster yet but if they both go and nobody else comes in, then we had better get off to a flying start or there really could be serious trouble down carrow road.

[/quote]

I hope you''re not suggesting that we keep Dickson ''where''s my alarm clock gone'' Etuhu because Hucks, who incidently is his bestest mate at the club, is unhappy about him going?

Get real everyone, Etuhu is lazy, inconsitant, and anyone who thinks that he is this Roy Keane type midfield battler and an alround great player really do need your brains testing!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]Having never posted a negitive post this is new to me,imo if we let dickson go then the board should go with him,we should also demand our season ticket money back.Do they really think we are all going to just sit back and keep taking it.I think someone from the club should come out and tell us its all a lie and dickson is going nowhere[/quote]

hehehe c''mon chin up LOBSTER CATCHER... we still have the fantastic Patrick Bexfield do not forget.

You could always put yourself in the cage with the lobsters if you are feeling that down and hurl yourself in to the elements from the beach at Sheringham (just remember to put Delia in their with you mate).  [:D]

[quote user="Plastic bottle of Carling"]

This is exactly what I have been saying all the time with other posters and its refreshing to see that for some people this is also becoming just one more straw to break the camels back. When you have a player of Huckerby''s quality coming out and voicing concern alarm bells start to ring. There would be more than enough clubs who would be willing to have him too so dont be surprised if Etuhu goes for other clubs to try and tempt our most prized asset. The pro board posters will yet again say ''but what about Leeds'' but that is such a tired argument. What we want is some genuine commitment from the board and invest some money, that is clearly there, in some proven quality. This club is in neutral at the moment and is in danger of slipping into reverse. At least being a Leeds fan you know your had a go at the big time! 

Ambition anyone?!!

[/quote]

Clearly where?

Deep in that mysterious black hole?  In a void with the ''Pig''s in Space''???  [*-)]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

What I can''t understand is those who are moaning about possibly losing Etuhu - it seems that they have donned rose coloured spectacles on during the close season which is making them think he is a modern day Pele or something.  These people are clearly a different set of posters who laughed a supposed £1.5m bid from Middlesbrough off the Board only a few months as being beyond our wildest dreams.  Now it is as if everyone has him down as key to our entire season.

Yes he is a decent player, but yes he is also a lazy so and so, and that is 50% or more of the time. IMO we cannot afford to have players in our side who are like that, however good they might be on their day.  Our m/f was pretty woeful last season, we shipped 70+ goals and you cannot just blame the defence for this, nor was the m/f making up for this at the other end of the pitch anywhere near often enough.  As the player who played the most games, and in a crucial central m/f role, why is it that people suddenly have Etuhu as being blameless? 

[/quote]

Are you sure they ain''t the yella & green beer goggles that they have been wearing that have made them think that we have a wonderful board of directors for the last 3 years???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Are you sure they ain''t the yella & green beer goggles that they have been wearing that have made them think that we have a wonderful board of directors for the last 3 years???

[/quote]

Better than blue & white ones, ain''t it though???

Ooh - sorry - MATE

[quote user="charlies dad"]To those ''moaning about losing Etuhu'' add the name of Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

The last time you and I discussed Etuhu CD I believe putrid to disappointing was your opinion so we surely won''t be adding your name to the said list [;)]

What’s the point in moaning about this situation?

For all you people unable to understand the concept of a buy-out clause I’ll try and explain it to you in simple terms:

Sometimes to get a player to sign a contract they will insist on having one. It basically means that should the club get offered a certain amount for the player that they have to make the player aware of the interest and can’t stop them moving should they wish to do so.

So then Smudger & Co. what should we do? Seriously…any ideas?

We could sack the board…cos that would help?!?

And as mentioned above you were all slating Etuhu for the majority of last season…why the sudden change of heart?

[quote user="Slim"]

What’s the point in moaning about this situation?

For all you people unable to understand the concept of a buy-out clause I’ll try and explain it to you in simple terms:

Sometimes to get a player to sign a contract they will insist on having one. It basically means that should the club get offered a certain amount for the player that they have to make the player aware of the interest and can’t stop them moving should they wish to do so.

So then Smudger & Co. what should we do? Seriously…any ideas?

We could sack the board…cos that would help?!?

And as mentioned above you were all slating Etuhu for the majority of last season…why the sudden change of heart?

[/quote]Yeh I''d like to second that, Smudger, Cluck and Co, whats the plan guys? You''ve never answered this question, because you don''t have one!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]To those ''moaning about losing Etuhu'' add the name of Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

The last time you and I discussed Etuhu CD I believe putrid to disappointing was your opinion so we surely won''t be adding your name to the said list [;)]

[/quote] Indeed Nigel, i recall it well! no-one is suggesting Dicko is perfect, but i do beleive h was by far the best of a bad, bad bunch! Roy Keane has seen something in him after all, and i will admit, he was beginning to win me over.   

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Indeed Nigel, i recall it well! no-one is suggesting Dicko is perfect, but i do beleive h was by far the best of a bad, bad bunch! Roy Keane has seen something in him after all, and i will admit, he was beginning to win me over.   [/quote]

I never heard you say a good word about Etuhu CD. I just think you either question your own judgement because Hucks rates him or you have another agenda. So many people have suddenly changed their views since Hucks spoke up. If I had posted on this board in May that we could get 1.5m for Etuhu from a Prem Club how many posters would have said we shouldn’t sell. I’m sorry if it seems I am having a pop at you, I don’t really mean to as I agree with much of what you used to post, but too many posters on here take every bit of news to come out of Carrow Road and bend it to suit their own agendas.

I am gutted that Etuhu has gone. I made no secret that I had high hopes for our midfield built around him next season. This departure annoys me far more than Earnshaws. This news has taken the shine off the new season for me, but I fail to see where it is either the managers fault or the boards fault. Where Earnie has left with my good wishes Etuhu has left a bitter taste and I hope he and Roy Keane M.D.S. are very happy together. [:|]