Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Lowestoft 0, Norwich City 12

so smudger did you actually break the habit of a lifetime and go and watch city for the first time in christ knows how long? if so how does that make you a judge of how good things are or as you say how bad things are? just because a few people have inflated your ego even further over the last few days over the etuhu transfer you think you are an authority on all things yellow and green. or more to the point you cant see the positive in anything that city do, can you?

How do you judge someone to be a "world beater" against a "team of Sunday Pub footballers"Nice "balanced view"

''Ostomebor looks like another Louis Jean''

Please do explain this comment in a little more detail Smudger, I am very very interested to know.

i agree Lowestoft were poor, several very unfit players as you would expect at this level.

Andy Hughes = Regularly tackled by Lowestoft players

Ostembor = Looked good (albeit against poor opposition)

Eagle = I agree he was poor

Spillane = Looked commanding and did nothing wrong, i would prefer him to doc anyday

Chadwick = good partnership with Ostembor

i will need convincing once the season starts, but you can only beat the team in front of you!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Marty"]Great result, I know it is a pre-season friendly, but it sounds convincing. I eagerly await the doom merchants response. Did anyone go, if so how was it?
[/quote]

Considering that Lowestoft had 5 of their first choice defenders and goalkeeper missing the result is hardly surprising is it???

The standard apart from young Chris Martin looking like Zico playing against a sunday pub football team was shocking all around...

Andy Hughes was a joke as usual, Ostomebor looks like another Louis Jean, Eagle looked better suited to joining the little dance troupe at half time and Spillane was useless at centre back.

oh Chadwick played quite well also even though he was up against an imobile dwarf.

No doub''t we will have many on here lining us up for a league title tilt now hat we have beaten a team whose defence consited of very poor Sunday League players though???

[/quote]

Guess you saw a different game to me Smudger, still at least you saw a game [:)]

For me Safri, Chadders & Martin all looked the part but the one who gave me heart was the performance of Ostemober, thought he looked  a good signing for us. (Also thought that the kids did well, Renton, Spillane etc etc)

I''ll be interested to hear what others who were there thought because I went home with a smile on my face!

Maybe it would be worth remembering who scored most of our pre-season goals last season....None other than Mr peter Thorne.....Scary aint it?.......hehehehe

Having done the 190 mile round trip to be there last night I have to have my say on this:

Firstly, yes Lowestoft were poor but then they are at the same level that Dereham and Diss are at and we usually end up with competitive games and winning 4-0/3-1 etc. We looked a lot sharper especially since this was a make shift side with a mix of youngsters/reserves and only a few guaranteed 1st X1 players.

Secondly, Otsemobor looked very good, linked up well with Chadwick and also did his bit at the back with composure and confidence.

Thirdly, Spillane looked very good at the back, he competed well got stuck in, won almost everything and got battered about for good measure but picked himself up and carried on, not to mention his great recovery run and tackle at the end of the first half.

Fourthly, Chris Martin looked a real handful, his link up with Chadwick was first class, his strength (obviously been in the gym over the summer) and hold up play was good against a physical defence and the touch he showed for his goals was probably the highlight of the night.

Fifthly, Chris Brown showed some good touches and worked hard, with a bit more luck on bounces and deflections he could have had another couple.

Sixthly, Eagle got lost a bit out on the left because everything was going through Chadwick, Martin & Otsemobor on the right in the first half but his crossing was good and I think he set up a couple of goals from wide on the left.

Seventhly, The youngsters who came on did themselves justice, Renton looked sharp, Smart looked quick and Arnold looked comfortable

Eightly, Andy Hughes is a liability, his passing remains poor and he gave the ball away too easily.

Ninethly, Simon Lappin looked dangerous going forward and spent most of the second half on the left wing with Lowestoft pegged back all of the time.

Tenthly, We could have had about 2 or 3 more but for some dodgy refereeing and offside decisions including a couple of penalties - think they felt sorry for Lowestoft

wrong wrong wrong!!

Otsomboor (however u spell is bleedin name) i though showed good attacking pace, willingness to get forward and get involved. Good link up play with chadwick and he played 60 odd minutes, more than louise jean.

eagle put in some great crosses and lovely link up play, although needs to strenghten up fair doos. martin made himself a nuisance with some decent touches, and yeh fair enough it was lowestoft, but its so easy when youve got so much time on the ball to try and be silly and pull out all the stops, but norwich were very proffesional and had a good approach to the game.

wether its lowestoft or barca you still have to perform and do a job.

oh and hughes, what a pile of wank!  he could have played in that lowstoft team.Scared.....YES!

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]

Has anyone noted how Brown still couldn''t score, even against Sunday leaguers?

[/quote]

Well said... he did get one but missed about 5 absolute sitters also!!!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"]How do you judge someone to be a "world beater" against a "team of Sunday Pub footballers"

Nice "balanced view"
[/quote]

Exactly my point... but no doub''t many of you will try!!!

Then you have the audacity to ask why people laugh at you. [:D]

[quote user="MTIN"]

Please do explain this comment in a little more detail Smudger, I am very very interested to know.

[/quote]

If you watch him about 50 times or more then maybe you will see what I mean...

I saw enough last night to tell me why Liverpool disposed of his services, can''t pass, can''t defend and is quite truly awful... Lowestofts strikers were tearing him apart first half so god only knows what league opposition will do to him this coming season.

You should of kept Jurgen Colin Granty!!!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]This is unbelievable.

Out of the whole set of players we fielded, only 2 of them are likely to have a guaranteed place in our first XI - Marshall and Otsemobor, Chadwick will also be challenging Croft but is still not guaranteed. So out of 17 players fielded, a possible 3 are likely first teamers, so it''s hardly as if we put our best team out either.

[/quote]

Who''s to say grant won''t start using his youth team, and the rest of the players on show out there a lot more?

I cannot belive that people are seriously discussing how people played.  It is a totally meaningless pre-pre-season game against a bunch of locals for a bit of PR and to get a bit of fitness going. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="MTIN"]

[/quote]

I saw enough last night to tell me why Liverpool disposed of his services, can''t pass, can''t defend and is quite truly awful... Lowestofts strikers were tearing him apart first half so god only knows what league opposition will do to him this coming season.

[/quote]

So you''ve seen Ostembor play 50 times.........interesting. 

So which team do you really support if you''ve sat there and watched him play 50 times, Liverpool or Crewe ? Cos it sure aint Norwich City.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="MTIN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good smudge, now I know you''re on a wind-up. Semi played well enough last year to prove why Grant signed him, got the ball down well, completed passes inside and down the wing, made clever overlapping runs and generally supported attacks well. As for his defending he did what he needed to do, kept possesion and was well positioned - can''t honestly remember him getting beaten once - think you must have been watching a different game! Technically he is a very good player and he has a good awareness of positioning, not only that he lasted more than 45 mins which is more than MLJ ever did and put in 1 decent cross which was more than Colin ever did!

Try getting behind the players and team for once, bet you were one of the ones who used to boo Ian Henderson weren''t you?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]This is unbelievable.

We lose to non-league Exeter 2-1, and the squad is garbage full of apalling players, we then BEAT another lowly team 12-0 and we''re still crap??? How does that one work then?

Smudger points out that Lowestoft were missing key players, yet in the second half, we played half of our own bloody youth team and still knocked another 6 past them!
Out of the whole set of players we fielded, only 2 of them are likely to have a guaranteed place in our first XI - Marshall and Otsemobor, Chadwick will also be challenging Croft but is still not guaranteed. So out of 17 players fielded, a possible 3 are likely first teamers, so it''s hardly as if we put our best team out either.

Being realistic, pre-season friendlies really do mean jack with regards to the league, they perform a role in helping players get match fitness - something you can''t truly do simply through training sessions, and also give the manager a chance to try new ideas out and have a look at some of the ''fringe'' players.

What''s frustrated me about it however, is that apparently the Exeter game was seen a sad indictment on our squad by some of the more negative and vociferous posters, yet the Lowestoft result is now being simply written off by the very same brigade as being irrelevant, and a mockery is being made of the opposition.

You can''t have it both ways, either both games mean nothing, or we''ve turned a poor result around into getting a great one in the next game.

Which one is it? - can we have an answer please as all this hypocrisy is getting way beyond a joke.
[/quote]You have said about both games meaning nothing you have hit the nail on the head both games mean jack shit.When we actually play a game that has some importance then will be the time to be happy or worried.

Maybe he saw louis-jean play 50 times.  he has that connection to leicester so why wouldn''t he have seen 50 forest matches?  oh wait...

[quote user="7rew"]Maybe he saw louis-jean play 50 times.  he has that connection to leicester so why wouldn''t he have seen 50 forest matches?  oh wait...
[/quote]

oh yeah, and pigs might fly!

connections with leicester, oh no, bit to close to me for comfort. I''m hardly going to invite him around for a chat about footy, well not untill the razor blades have been locked away.

[quote user="MTIN"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="MTIN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you''ve seen Ostembor play 50 times.........interesting. 

So which team do you really support if you''ve sat there and watched him play 50 times, Liverpool or Crewe ? Cos it sure aint Norwich City.

[/quote]

Do you need a dictionary???

Please point me to where I have actually said that.

Please CLEARLY READ what is before your very eyes...  [8-|]

The 50 games bit was a bit of bashing for those of you who took how many games to realise that Louis Jean, Jarret and Hughes were c**p where as it only took me one game or two to surmise this.

My god... some of us have still not fathomed out that Hughesy is a very poor excuse for a footballer!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Essex_Canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="MTIN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good smudge, now I know you''re on a wind-up. Semi played well enough last year to prove why Grant signed him, got the ball down well, completed passes inside and down the wing, made clever overlapping runs and generally supported attacks well. As for his defending he did what he needed to do, kept possesion and was well positioned - can''t honestly remember him getting beaten once - think you must have been watching a different game! Technically he is a very good player and he has a good awareness of positioning, not only that he lasted more than 45 mins which is more than MLJ ever did and put in 1 decent cross which was more than Colin ever did!

Try getting behind the players and team for once, bet you were one of the ones who used to boo Ian Henderson weren''t you?

[/quote]

I didn''t really boo him NO.... but yes I said he was c**p from day ONE... and yes yet again I was right there too wasn''t I????

wish id gone to the game to be honest. bit steep to pay £8 though.

sounds by all accounts that the new signings did well. Good to see.

Bring on the Linnetts!

jas :)

To quote Wayne and Garth:

We''re not worthy, we''re not worthy

Sorry Smudge, you are not as great as you may think.  Everysingle norwich fan realised with a handful of games that Hughes and Jarrett were cr@p, it wasn''t just you.

MLJ only played 50 mins so was difficult to see how good or not he may have been.  To compare Ostembor to someone who only played 1 game for us just shows how very little knowledge you have.  And to say Jurgen Colin should stay just sinks your reputation even further. Tsk.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

wish id gone to the game to be honest. bit steep to pay £8 though.

sounds by all accounts that the new signings did well. Good to see.

Bring on the Linnetts!

jas :)

[/quote]

I wonder if the Linnets will be able to put something nearing a semi-pro team out on the pitch tonight?

Because quite clearly to anybody that knows their stuff Lowestoft were well short of that last night.... honestly a team of drunken Sunday players could of done just as good a job!!!

[quote user="JC"]

I cannot belive that people are seriously discussing how people played.  It is a totally meaningless pre-pre-season game against a bunch of locals for a bit of PR and to get a bit of fitness going. 

[/quote]

I thought that when people were seriously trying to blame both Exeter goals on Doherty [;)]

Friendlys are meaningless and I have never been to one yet that I wasn''t disappointed with. The away ones are ok for the ''day out''! I will hopefully see over 40 of our games this season but that won''t include any friendlies. Friendlies are for fans who watch proper games on the wireless! Just ask my mate Smudger!! [;)]

I am not surprised that NCFC beat Lowestoft last night, but at the end of the day you do have to consider that although it was just a pre-season friendly, Lowestoft are in the Ridgeons Premier League and Norwich are in the Championship.. A big gap in professionalism - perhaps?

I don''t think that LTFC went to the game last night expecting to win the game but to enjoy the experience of playing against NCFC on their home turf.

I cant see how you can justify possibly winning the Championship after beating a Lowestoft 12-0. - Beating a team in the Premiership maybe, but not Lowestoft. Regardless of whether LTFC''s 1st team players were unavailable due to injury and/or holidays etc.

As a supporter and someone that watchted the game at the Crown Meadow yesterday evening, i wasnt there to watch a team win (even though it was obvious there was going to be winner, and was not going to be LTFC - fellow suppporters will hate me for saying that, but its true) I was there and as were many others to enjoy an evening of watching a football match - and seeing so many people turn out for the occasion.

You also forget that it was a game in memory of LTFC''s President Roy Harper.

I thank you for the turn out last night, and along with other supporters, look forward to possibly another meeting in the future.