Sign in to follow this  
Boogle

Just how do you protest without effecting the team?

Millo said: ''Im not going to do a wiz like 24 hour u-turn because we sign a few players''

One day you''re going to have to let this vendetta stop Millo, because if you keep bringing it up in say, 6 months time, and I''m still sticking to my guns, it will start to look personal on your part...........which I already think it is by the way!.

You certainly won''t welcome my take on this but here goes:

I said a few weeks ago on here that if Granty signed Cureton and a few other half decent players I would then support him.........he did this............so all I did was keep my word. The Archives on here will bear witness to this if need be.

And yes, protests DO affect the players, it did during the ''Chase Out'' days and it did during the ''Worthy Out'' campaign. As yet at this point in time, there''s nothing bad even to protest against in my opinion, so imagine the misery and conflict that will happen if this demo went ahead.

I think we all need to step back and wait. If, as I hope, City do well, this problem will soon dissapear, lets all hope so.

PS. Please note: I believe I kept this post quite polite, I would expect you to do no less, thank you.

[quote user="Millo"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Has Dave striker signed?[/quote]

Dave the Striker (happy mb ? [:)]) has agreed personal terms on a 4 year contract, according to his clubs'' website and a translation by some bloke on Wrath.

We haven''t agreed a fee with Banik, but it''s expected to be a formality.
[/quote]

Good news then. Can someone leave a youtube thread as i havent see him play yet.

I do want to clear something up, i have been impressed with what Grant has done, and i dont want a protest to unsettle the team. If things dont go to plan, then i see no reason not to make my feelings known. If things go well then there is no need to protest.

The point im making in this threead is how can you protest without unsettling the team?

I would love the board to win my favour back, but for 3 seasons they have let us down so im not getting my hopes up. Im not keen on them, its hard to just forget how they have let us down, i dont have a short memory. Worthy was made a bit of a scapegoat in my opinion to deflect the criticism. Im not going to do a wiz like 24 hour u-turn because we sign a few players.

Grant has done very well in the transfer market, lets hope it continues, we go up, ipsh?t go down and we can all play happy familys and laugh at the scum.

Im 100% behind the team but dont mistake that for me backing the board.

Ill try to keep my posts as positive as possible from now on but i will always fight my corner.

This wasnt initially meant { although looking back ive gone about it the wrong way,.}to be a negative post, it was just that there have been so many posts about protests that i felt the subject of how to do one without disrupting the team was an important question.

[/quote]

youtube have never heard of him MILLO...

As for your original post... I will get back to you with a reasoned response when I have more time.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Millo"]

Ill try to keep my posts as positive as possible from now on but i will always fight my corner. [/quote]

Good honest post Milo and of course you must fight your corner for what you believe in, I know I always will.

The important thing here is that there are ways of making your point and fighing for what you believe in without it getting personal and resorting to name calling, which is where the Smudgers and Clucks of this world got it wrong and lost respect.

Finally you''re right Grant has done well so far in the transfer market, lets hope we get a great start to the season to put a smile on all our faces [:D]

CMON YOU YELLOWS

[/quote]

Give the poor guy chance CA...

He has only had 165 posts so far...  He will soon learn that it is pointless even trying to debate with certain individuals on here!!!

If he continues to fight his corner lets keep an eye on how his posts may differ towards certain people a few months from now shall we?  [:D]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Millo"]

Im all for protesting if the aparant 4.5m left in the kitty is not spent.{ yes i know we can get decent frees but what about spending on proven talent eg missing out on Eastwood} but will only do so in a way that wont effect the team

I hope the team do go up this year as that would give us more publicity and possible ambitious investment. The Turners have not impressed me so far, giving a 2m LOAN is not investment.

[/quote]

I just wondering where you are getting 4.5 million left from - this would put the total budget at around 7 million.
I believe this was the guesstimated budget and was based on selling Earnshaw for 5million - which didn''t happen.  so there goes 1.5million for a start.

free transfers aren''t free, they have fees and stuff. anyway see my thread http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/970711/ShowPost.aspx  for more details on my take on the budget.

The other thing is that the LOAN has historical precedent (at NCFC) for being investment - the investment fro Geoffrey Watling that removed Chase was in precisely this form.  - I believe there are tax reasons for this.
[/quote]

7rew, you seem to have forgot that we bid over £2 million for Sharp and £500k for Marshall long before the Earnshaw bid came in. Then we were told all the Earnshaw money would be used for transfers. I make that £3.5 million plus £2.5 million equals £6 million available at least.

So far we have spent no more than half that sum.

[/quote]

Cheers Ricardo.

I did try to break it down once but here goes again.

1-we bid 2m+ for sharp and 500,000+ for marshall BEFORE Earnshaw was sold.

So we had between 2.5 and 3m

we then sold earnie for 3.5m and were told all of it would be added to th transfer kitty.

This makes between 6-6.5m

We then signed cureton for between 6-700,000{colchester were publicly asking 700,000 and after negeotiating there is no way we paid more} and Marshall{after haggling} for just under 1m

Round up the cureton and marshall deals to 2m considering signing on fees for the new players and bosmans{ i doubt the signing on fees were higher than £50,000 each}.

That leaves between 4 and 4.5m

Im sure people must be able to understand that.

Right at the beginning of this post we are told that a "£2 Million loan is not an investment".

Mmmm. But isn''t it "BETTER" than an investment?

If you, or anyone, invests in the club, then, by definition, you are looking for a return. If, for example, I put in £2 million tomorrow, I''d ask for a return of £3.5 Million by 2012.

The Turners have put in £2 Million, they will require £2 Million back "as and when". Its interest free, no return required. But still £2 Million.

Its semantics really, but how you can condemn the £2 million and say its no good as it "isn''t an investment"....?

Perhaps the Turner''s should just ask for their money back and clear off, I bet that would make a few people happy?

[quote user="Smudger"]

He has only had 165 posts so far...  He will soon learn that it is pointless even trying to debate with certain individuals on here!!! [/quote]

Thats exactly what I was doing Smudger and you''re wrong about the people on here. The majority of posters love a debate and enjoy the bantering, they just don''t enjoy the name calling which is what you and Cluck had resorted to!

Maybe we can all declare a truce on here and put our energies into supporting our team??

[quote user="ricardo"]

7rew, you seem to have forgot that we bid over £2 million for Sharp and £500k for Marshall long before the Earnshaw bid came in. Then we were told all the Earnshaw money would be used for transfers. I make that £3.5 million plus £2.5 million equals £6 million available at least.

So far we have spent no more than half that sum.

[/quote]

I''ll admit that over the two threads (this one and the mentioned one) I have come up with slightly different answers for how much we have left. This was probably because I forgot the bid for marshall (sharp bid included) the first time - so raise that estimate by 500k gives 2-3m left from that thread.In this thread I included Dave the Striker in the calculations at  €1m before giving a money left estimate.However I think that we have quite possibly spent over half the 6 million already.  It all depends on how big agent/signing on fees are.  Transfer fees so far 1.75m + 10 sets of fees (5 players, 2 fees per player)  = ?  well it depends on the fees but is an average of 125k or more likely?  unfortunately it is certainly possible.

[quote]He has only had 165 posts so far... [/quote]Swap 165 posts for 0 games and I think you can see where people are coming from regarding new players.

Has anyone actually thought about contacting Neil Doncaster, Delia and Co to actually meet with them in person so that they can get their dis-satisfaction in person over?

Thay have various fans forums so why doesn''t someone (with half a brain) contact the club to see what their response would be?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]He has only had 165 posts so far... [/quote]

Swap 165 posts for 0 games and I think you can see where people are coming from regarding new players.
[/quote]

If you are refering to me i am a former season ticket holder who now does about ten home and ten away games a season for financial reasons { i prefer away days }.

Sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

He has only had 165 posts so far...  He will soon learn that it is pointless even trying to debate with certain individuals on here!!! [/quote]

Thats exactly what I was doing Smudger and you''re wrong about the people on here. The majority of posters love a debate and enjoy the bantering, they just don''t enjoy the name calling which is what you and Cluck had resorted to!

Maybe we can all declare a truce on here and put our energies into supporting our team??

[/quote]

CA...I was happy just to come back here quietly and read what folks had to say without comment.  However...all I could see was endless childish taunts aimed at anyone who tried to put forward an "alternative view"....or to put it your way..."negative".

So I''ve just dished out some of what others were giving to the likes of Smudger, Arthur, Ricky, Wayne, Alex, BlyBly, Wiz (at the time) etc.etc. every time they dared to speak up...and strangely enough it has not gone down very well with those self same people. May I suggest that some of what you all feel now about my "ridiculing" tone is no different to the aforementioned when they received a slagging off?

Ok...so my taunting on the "Who Are You" thread may have been a bit cruel...AND caught one or two posters whom I would have rather have not involved (apologies Gazza)...but the venom shown by some was simply surreal. Happily I am never affected by such "pack ons" as the extreme views I express rarely represent my actual stance in any way shape or form....but others aren''t necessarily so thick skinned and don''t deserve the spiteful attitude shown towards them by the "usual suspects"....for simply being honest.

I''m off for another sojourn to the Far East, so you will be pleased to see the back of me again no doubt....but I still find it odd that while the "usual suspects" never bothered me one bit...I was always such a fly in the ointment for them?  I fear the answer to that lies in the fact that they "must" be eternally right....and anyone who disagrees must therefore be wrong. Speaks volumes does that!.....

Oh....and I still don''t like Londoners.............

Sayonara     [ap]

[quote]

If you are refering to me i am a former season ticket holder who now does about ten home and ten away games a season for financial reasons { i prefer away days }.

Sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick.[/quote]

Not at all Millo.  I was referring to Smudger.  He suggested that before people have a go at you, they should let you make a few more posts.  I think the same should apply to players who haven''t played many games for us.  I actually think you''re quite reasonable, and post very clearly.  However, some negative people tend to attack new players before they''ve played a game for us, let alone 10 or 15, or indeed 165.  Hope this clears up the confusion.

And I can sympathise with the financial reasons.  I''m lucky if I get to 5-10 home games a season these days.

[quote]

Not at all Millo.  I was referring to Smudger.  He suggested that before people have a go at you, they should let you make a few more posts.  I think the same should apply to players who haven''t played many games for us.  I actually think you''re quite reasonable, and post very clearly.  However, some negative people tend to attack new players before they''ve played a game for us, let alone 10 or 15, or indeed 165.  Hope this clears up the confusion.

And I can sympathise with the financial reasons.  I''m lucky if I get to 5-10 home games a season these days.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough mate. Im sorry.

Ive read that Dave Striker has a release clause of 1m euros what is this in english money?

My mate reckons about 600,000

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

No Excuses! Call yerself a troo fan!.........PAH! Yer joos all mooth an'' troosers! Smudge an'' Clucks are betterer fans than wot yooz iz! Listen to it on yer DAB raydiho do yer? [N]

Sacrifice everything for footy! It''s a way of life!..........next to pies, booze an'' the occasional luvverly laydee......[H]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I do support the team and the Club and the people of Norfolk CA...

I do not support those who are backing this board and holding our club back for the 4th season in a row!!!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

Maybe he could do one on here if not why not? This is the archants football forum after all!

[/quote]

Technically we could have it displayed on all sites, but the the EDP will get annoyed because they arranged it and the Pink ''Un is officially an edition of the Evening News.

We''d like to arrange something for the pinkun.com at some point.

Anyway, drifting off topic...

[/quote]

i find that rather childish.... they are all publications of Archant yet the EDP will get in a huff if the pinkun features it. Yet all the staff work together, probably in the same room, and get along well id imagine.

its a case of "im taking my football and going home if u dont play by my rules". i know each publication is different but come on... what a Childish way of looking at things!

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I do not support those who are backing this board and holding our club back for the 4th season in a row!!!

[/quote]You could have fooled me....

I support everyone who follows Norwich, especially the board. I support all playersincluding Paul Gallagher... I think his attitude is second to none.

Delia is a fantastic ambassador for the club. Neil Doncaster is a great guy, shame about his namesake town which is still under 4 feet of water.

I support Smudger and his belief that Norwich will be entering a new successful era this season. Happy times!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How is anyone here holding the club back more than you? You do not go to games and therefore do not contribute in terms of money to the club, the only effect you are likely to have on the players by protesting is a negative one which does not help, and any protest you do hold will be completely inneffective to changing anything because not enough people are crazy enough to slate the board before the new season with a manager is having his first full season with HIS players has even started.