Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Grant has go at youngsters - Carolan says they returned in fine fettle

Are we getting conflicting stories here as Carolan said the players adhered to their training programme and came back in fine fettle, and the Pink''un is reporting that Grant has had a go at a few youngsters, even suggesting they might miss out.  If both reports are true then what message does this send out to the youngsters before the season starts?  Do they believe the fitness guru or the manager.

It''s not really Dave Coralan''s decision to make it public though is it?

Grant has to decide what effect it will have on those players, who no doubt have been well b******ed!

Who do you reckon it is?

My bets are on Ryan Jarvis and Rob Eagle, they''re not laid back at all, lol!

i think its just Grant making sure everyone knows hes boss. they might not have missed out that much but Grant doesnt want it to become a habit and is trying to scare them into shape. can only be good for the team as now they will know they have to work.

Carolan was just giving a general opinion on the overall player fitness, which is that they are in excellent shape I suspect Grant is trying to scold a minority of the young players who have been lazy and I''m fully in agreement with it, if you don''t instill some disipline now you never will.

[quote user="David Freezer"]

It''s not really Dave Coralan''s decision to make it public though is it?

Grant has to decide what effect it will have on those players, who no doubt have been well b******ed!

Who do you reckon it is?

My bets are on Ryan Jarvis and Rob Eagle, they''re not laid back at all, lol!

[/quote]

Nope definately not Jarvis...i know that for a fact.

Do you mind if I ask how you know that?

Are you mates with him?

Is it YOU Ryan? Lol

No seriously, just out of interest?

I''d be surprised if Papa Jarvis would let Ryan and Rossi slack at such a crucial time in their careers.

Yeah jarvis was out in marbella last week livin it up with the hard earned ticket payers money....needed a break after a hard year!

[quote user="hurricane"]Yeah jarvis was out in marbella last week livin it up with the hard earned ticket payers money....needed a break after a hard year![/quote]

or just had hol, ha! what a place!!

[quote user="David Freezer"]

Do you mind if I ask how you know that?

Are you mates with him?

Is it YOU Ryan? Lol

No seriously, just out of interest?

I''d be surprised if Papa Jarvis would let Ryan and Rossi slack at such a crucial time in their careers.

[/quote]

sure David.....he is a mate. good lad. Yeah i dont think "papa" would let him slack or i dont think they would let themselves slack.

I have been told that as well as being a bit bigger aruond the mid riff the ego has also grown significantly,  which has not impressed the boss,  step forward Chris Martin, allegedly.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I have been told that as well as being a bit bigger aruond the mid riff the ego has also grown significantly,  which has not impressed the boss,  step forward Chris Martin, allegedly.[/quote]

Or ''waddle'' forward, our forward that is Chris.........''waddle''.....

I like Grant''s hardline approach.

Worthy was a nice guy, but Grant seems determined to succeed. If youngsters have come back in poor shape then they should be given a dressing down. It''s unprofessional and an insult to the club and the fans if they can''t be bothered (especially given the money in football).

Respect to Grant for bringing back some much needed professionalism to City.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Or ''waddle'' forward, our forward that is Chris.........''waddle''....

[/quote]

Lol 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I have been told that as well as being a bit bigger aruond the mid riff the ego has also grown significantly,  which has not impressed the boss,  step forward Chris Martin, allegedly.[/quote]

the same Chris Martin who "conveniantly" stopped scoring after he got the professional contract and the premiership scouts were sniffing.., he didnt score in 12 games.. he didnt look interested in 11 of them....

Dare i say it but i have a feeling he might just become public enemy number 1. just got a funny feeling. hope im wrong.

jas :)