''Striker strop, left on bench.''

''Subbed Striker strides to dressing room.''

''Crowd boo sulky striker.''

''Striker off.''

We''ll see what we shall see.

At least we live in interesting times!

Good luck Peter Grant.

OTBC

i would still been happier pushing the boat out for eastwood, this guy is an unknown talent and foreign, which is always a big risk, again i hope i am proven wrong.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

''''All I can say to that is that Aidy Boothroyd is no fool... and quite frankly I think that this guy is well over priced at £800k''''

That has to be the most foolish thing I have ever read !!

Once  again you knock a player that you have never seen.

And probrably had never heard of until the last few days ( like the rest of us) and yet you make a judgement on the player knowing absolutely nothing about him.

Amazing smudge, even by your standards !!

[/quote]

ok for you to judge him the other way though isn''t it?

And as for giving a guy a knickname that hasn''t even signed on the dotted line for us.... well words just fail me!!!

[/quote]

Where excactly have I judged him ?

And where have I given him a nickname ?

I simply commented on the fact that YOU had judged him.

You should go into politics as you are such a master at evading any direct questions or comments !

Smudger for PM anyone !!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Now let''s see.

''Striker off.''

Good luck Peter Grant.

OTBC

[/quote]

some fans have no clue do they.  You are slagging off the new player for the sake of slagging him off.  The reason being the board seem to be stumping up some money for once and you just don''t like it do you.....

You get just as many poor british based signings... Thorne, Hooves, Bobinson, Eboohoo, Gallacher, Doherty, MLJ and co.... to name but a few

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Now let''s see.

''Striker off.''

Good luck Peter Grant.

OTBC

[/quote]

some fans have no clue do they.  You are slagging off the new player for the sake of slagging him off.  The reason being the board seem to be stumping up some money for once and you just don''t like it do you.....

You get just as many poor british based signings... Thorne, Hooves, Bobinson, Eboohoo, Gallacher, Doherty, MLJ and co.... to name but a few

[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Such plums. Now where must I start?[:-*]

No, I''ll be kind today. Talk about the getting of knickers in a twist.

Lighten up, lassie.

OTBC

Lighten up, lassie.

OTBC

[/quote]

Please start, I would like to know what has been so wrong this pre-season??  To me it seems they might have actually learned lesson sfrom the past.  Although I admit I would be far happier should more ambitious people be amongst the prudent slow learners on our board.

for gods sake leave smudger alone..................

you must all realise, that hes doesnt know what hes posting or doesnt belive / care about what he posts

HE ONLY DOES IT TO START MUD SLINGING FIGHTS AND TO GET A RISE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!!! and is very successful!!!!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]"I think the question marks from the Oldham fans over Porters attitude etc are mainly down to sour Grapes that they lost a quality player without even receiving a fee"

Pretty much what most of us thought about Otsemobor, then?[/quote]

Funnily enough I will agree with you for once there [Y]

Although I am still not sure if Ostemobor will prove to be any better than Colin or not.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Well Smudger you never cease to amaze, sorry while i search round for a postage stamp to write your knowledge of football on the back of it with a thick black marker pen !!!!

You firstly criticize the Czech lad and then suggest the injury prone Todorov whose record of 9 prem goals in 48 appearances over the last 4 seasons, im sorry its just laughable, once again you make a complete fool of yourself  !!!  

[/quote]

As you say he has been injury prone so that scoring ratio is not too bad for a bit part player... how many goals has Todorov scored at Championship level though?

A lot more than this Czech guy will ever do... and as for the Czech guy playing in the Premiership forget it... coz it just ain''t going to happen!!!

Furthermore why has Grant given such an unproven prosepct a 4 year contract?

Obviously says a lot about the future plans of NCFC doesn''t it???

Money where your mouth is time Smudger, i will bet you that Strihavka will score 15 league goals and Cureton 20 league goals minimum based on them both making at least 35 out of 46 league appearances.

So go on back up your bluster on here with some cold hard cash, im willing to.

Over to Smudger..........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Lighten up, lassie.

OTBC

[/quote]

Please start, I would like to know what has been so wrong this pre-season??  To me it seems they might have actually learned lesson sfrom the past.  Although I admit I would be far happier should more ambitious people be amongst the prudent slow learners on our board.

[/quote]

And you a journalist?

I make a comment about an unknown Balkan footballer who bristles at Aidy Boothroyd & objects to a trial - and you try to spread it to the past, the pre-season and prudence/ambition debates.

Maybe he''ll work out, probably he won''t - like all of us I hope the former. But with friends like you, City need no enemies.

The badge of a journalist is healthy skepticism.

Talk about clueless.[:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

''''All I can say to that is that Aidy Boothroyd is no fool... and quite frankly I think that this guy is well over priced at £800k''''

And probrably had never heard of until the last few days ( like the rest of us) and yet you make a judgement on the player knowing absolutely nothing about him.

[/quote]

And as for giving a guy a knickname that hasn''t even signed on the dotted line for us.... well words just fail me!!!

[/quote]

You should go into politics as you are such a master at evading any direct questions or comments !

Smudger for PM anyone !!

[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry Lappin, the Knickname jibe was directed at me. [:D]

Not quite sure when all the fun was drained out of this forum, but I love the fact I call Dave the Striker Dave the Striker.

It has to be done, surely? And he has pretty much signed. Grant said he expects at least one new player definitely in by early next week.

I''m also convinced that, if we had gone out last season and brought in an unknown Marek Saganowski for £700 Smudge would have said exactly the same things as he''s said about Dave. It doesn''t matter whether he''s as good or not, that would have been the attitude at the time.

Still, I''m happy [:D]

And you a journalist?

I make a comment about an unknown Balkan footballer who bristles at Aidy Boothroyd & objects to a trial - and you try to spread it to the past, the pre-season and prudence/ambition debates.

Maybe he''ll work out, probably he won''t - like all of us I hope the former. But with friends like you, City need no enemies.

The badge of a journalist is healthy skepticism.

Talk about clueless.[:-*]

OTBC

[/quote]

Leading scorer in the czech league.  Seems like a decent risk to me.  In fact he went for a trial, by all accounts impressed but was not offered a contract - that is why he was peeved off.  Seems fair enough to me.  The fact Sagonowski also was turned down at the same time and the players actually signed were very poor seems to bring Aidy Bothroyds judgement into question.  Maybe he was following Worthy''s no foreigners policy.

Its funny that a good friend of mine, Matthais - an Energie Cottbus fan, has watched his side (which has far less money than us, and pays far less wages) perform well in the bundesliga, mainly playing eastern europeans.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Energie_Cottbus  check out the makeup of the squad listing.  Matthais is a NCFC lower barclay season ticket holder and has been advocating bringing in these players for years now, whilst we have brought in overpaid, overrated british crappers.  In fact he cannot beleive how rubbish players like Hughes, Doherty, Thorne and the ever inconsistent Etuhu can possibly get such high wages and command such large transfer fees when they are crap.

This player is unknown to you because you lack a great football knowledge - he was not unknown to Peter Grant or Aidy Bothroyd.

This pre season has been IMO our best for many many years.  Hopefully no last minute crapppers like Donkey, Boyle, Robinson or EbooHoo due to poor management.  Or 3 million strikers signed 6 months too late due to our thick boardroom.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]

Well Smudger you never cease to amaze, sorry while i search round for a postage stamp to write your knowledge of football on the back of it with a thick black marker pen !!!!

You firstly criticize the Czech lad and then suggest the injury prone Todorov whose record of 9 prem goals in 48 appearances over the last 4 seasons, im sorry its just laughable, once again you make a complete fool of yourself  !!!  

[/quote]

As you say he has been injury prone so that scoring ratio is not too bad for a bit part player... how many goals has Todorov scored at Championship level though?

A lot more than this Czech guy will ever do... and as for the Czech guy playing in the Premiership forget it... coz it just ain''t going to happen!!!

Furthermore why has Grant given such an unproven prosepct a 4 year contract?

Obviously says a lot about the future plans of NCFC doesn''t it???

[/quote]

slava Todorov was an unproven product once too....bet the pompey fans were saying the same thing as u asmudger.. but u know what.. tey gave him a chance!

jas :)

CJF!! you may bristle a bit, but to me you generally make sense, carry on posting, but keep your top on please!! OTBC!

Marvelous is''nt it, last year, people on here were bemoaning the fact Boothroyd was allowed to leave city, some even touted him as the man to replace Worthy. Now because he dont rate some guy we have signed, he is a muppet. You guys keep telling us to wait to see him play, dont judge too early. i say the same back to you.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Marvelous is''nt it, last year, people on here were bemoaning the fact Boothroyd was allowed to leave city, some even touted him as the man to replace Worthy. Now because he dont rate some guy we have signed, he is a muppet. You guys keep telling us to wait to see him play, dont judge too early. i say the same back to you.[/quote]

I think it also has something to do with Watford''s pitiful surrender last season. At least we pretended to get close to survival.

Aidy seemed to be severly lacking in most departments. Now, whether he regains some of his reputation in the Championship next season will be interesting to watch. But, in terms of his performance last season, and the fact that one of his rejects scored 10 goals in 13 games in this league last season, I think the current circumstances allow a few questions to be raise - as you would Rick if he was the manager here.

You know how fickle we all are [:D]

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Marvelous is''nt it, last year, people on here were bemoaning the fact Boothroyd was allowed to leave city, some even touted him as the man to replace Worthy. Now because he dont rate some guy we have signed, he is a muppet. You guys keep telling us to wait to see him play, dont judge too early. i say the same back to you.[/quote]

I think it also has something to do with Watford''s pitiful surrender last season. At least we pretended to get close to survival.

Aidy seemed to be severly lacking in most departments. Now, whether he regains some of his reputation in the Championship next season will be interesting to watch. But, in terms of his performance last season, and the fact that one of his rejects scored 10 goals in 13 games in this league last season, I think the current circumstances allow a few questions to be raise - as you would Rick if he was the manager here.

You know how fickle we all are [:D]

[/quote]

fair play, good answer.

That''s the joy of it all Ricky......

Come next June there will be the usual ovine call to "give it time"....and by then half of those they are currently idolising will be the target for attack.

All good fun.....but predictable.

Money where your mouth is time Smudger, i will bet you that Strihavka will score 15 league goals and Cureton 20 league goals minimum based on them both making at least 35 out of 46 league appearances.

So go on back up your bluster on here with some cold hard cash, im willing to.

Over to Smudger..........

[/quote]

How much?

My pockets are waiting to be lined!!! [:D]

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Well Smudger are u taking the bet on or not?  Chicken ??[/quote]

Yeah I will pay for your season ticket (for another season of thrilling football) the following year if you win...

and if I win... you will give up your season ticket and pay me the value of said season ticket... and not purchase another season ticket for the following year...

Do we have a deal???

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

ok for you to judge him the other way though isn''t it?

[/quote]

Smudger for PM anyone !!

[/quote]

I wouldn''t even joke about it LAPPIN... it just don''t bear thinking about does it?

There would certainly be a few shocks in store for a fairly large proportion of the UK''s pampered population I can tell ya!!!  [:P]

Aaah Smudger !! And i thought u had bottled it, the bet is on but the stakes are no good.

Alas i am in North Wales and do not have\ a season ticket, i usually get to 8 or 9 homes and all the away games bar the London ones (detest the place).

So what do you suggest £50 based on the minimum appearances stated and say a donation to FONCY of say another £50.

What do you think?? open to suggestions !

Aaah Smudger !! And i thought u had bottled it, the bet is on but the stakes are no good.

Alas i am in North Wales and do not have\ a season ticket, i usually get to 8 or 9 homes and all the away games bar the London ones (detest the place).

So what do you suggest £50 based on the minimum appearances stated and say a donation to FONCY of say another £50.

What do you think?? open to suggestions !

[/quote]

Whaty is FONCY???

What is the based on minimum appearances business?

Not backing out of it are we? 

I thought Dave Striker was going to be first choice all season and score at least 15 goals?

Not fearing that he may be injured, sitting in the reserves, not signed at all, or just simply utter c**p are you?

[quote user="Smudger"]

I thought Dave Striker was going to be first choice all season and score at least 15 goals?

Not fearing that he may be injured, sitting in the reserves, not signed at all, or just simply utter c**p are you?

[/quote]

Remembering Iwan Roberts'' first season, unless the club make a great deal of effort to smooth over the transition, he''s bound to struggle in the first season.