Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

This club is killing me!!!

Sorry negative post coming up but replacing Earny with Cureton is like trading in your 6 bedroom house with swimming pool  for a tent, with no poles!!!! STUPID. Never rated cureton and at 31 he is a pointless signing  and if he still likes to go clubing as much as he did the first time he was here than the girls of Norwich are in for a treat. . I just hope that we pull out a couple of top signings next week because if we don''t then we are in for a worse season than last year. I am just so fed up with this club and the fact that we have all renewed our season tickets and then we loose our only good forward is just a big kick in the jubblys...AARRGGHH!!!!!!!

You may not rate him but the fact is that he was the leading striker in the championship last season and he would have walked from Colchester to Norwich to play for us.

You stick with your 6 bedroomed house I''ll vote for the tent and poles and lets see who gets the best deal at the end of the season.

Good response CityAngel!

Rather have a JC who LOVES the club than an Earnie who desires to get away!

No doubt we''ll miss the ''dishy'' welshman, but Jamie will win over his doubters.

Another striker is needed, but Sharp won''t come and I don''t think Eastwood is the answer!

Who should we get?????

Who''d want to come???

Anyone really!!

They''ll know they can get whatever they want from our weak and feeble board!!!!!!!

£25000 a week and a get out clause if someone offers £5000!!!!!!

Heard that Dean Coney is available!!!!

Well to be positive, he WANTS to play for us, which seems a rarity these days, and he was the leagues top scorer last season, so reasons to be optimistic?

However, I would hope to see a CONSIDERABLE sum spent in the next few weeks considering the cash we now have (2.5 million plus Earnshaw money plus whatever the Turners threw in - surely more than a most clubs in the division ?).

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]

Sorry negative post coming up but replacing Earny with Cureton is like trading in your 6 bedroom house with swimming pool  for a tent, with no poles!!!! STUPID. Never rated cureton and at 31 he is a pointless signing and if he still likes to go clubing as much as he did the first time he was here than the girls of Norwich are in for a treat. I just hope that we pull out a couple of top signings next week because if we don''t then we are in for a worse season than last year. I am just so fed up with this club and the fact that we have all renewed our season tickets and then we loose our only good forward is just a big kick in the jubblys...AARRGGHH!!!!!!!

[/quote]

[quote user="Beatle"]

Good response CityAngel!

No doubt we''ll miss the ''dishy'' welshman, but Jamie will win over his doubters.

Another striker is needed, but Sharp won''t come and I don''t think Eastwood is the answer!

Who should we get?????

Who''d want to come???

Anyone really!!

They''ll know they can get whatever they want from our weak and feeble board!!!!!!!

[/quote]

The only reason that Earnie wanted out is because we have a pathetic unambitious board who have no intention of returning this club to playing in the Premiership and far too many fools like yourself and CA who sit in support of them clapping away like blind sea lions!!!

[quote user="Beatle"]

Who should we get?????

[/quote]

I think we do need a bigger striker to play with cureton, personally Derek Riordan at 1.82M and, and Craig Beatie at 1.83M offera bit more height up front.

The only reason that Earnie wanted out is because we have a pathetic unambitious board (& because he insisted on a sell on clause when he was bought at great expense by an unambitious club) who have no intention of returning this club to playing in the Premiership (because this is a well known fact - and the proof is out there...) and far too many fools like yourself (sounds like BA Baracus ... fool) and CA who sit in support of them clapping away like blind sea lions!!! Thats fee paying, supporting sealions, who pay to see the team they support... fools.

PS. I think pink text suits the outrageous remarks and diatribes of the odd little cuddly one, it makes his tantrums somehow more soothing.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beatle"]

Good response CityAngel!

Who should we get?????

Who''d want to come???

Anyone really!!

[/quote]

The only reason that Earnie wanted out is because we have a pathetic unambitious board who have no intention of returning this club to playing in the Premiership and far too many fools like yourself and CA who sit in support of them clapping away like blind sea lions!!!

[/quote]

Im not sure if i''m being crazy or not, but i think they''re simply supporting the club they love...

[quote user="cityangel"]

You may not rate him but the fact is that he was the leading striker in the championship last season and he would have walked from Colchester to Norwich to play for us.

You stick with your 6 bedroomed house I''ll vote for the tent and poles and lets see who gets the best deal at the end of the season.

[/quote]

City Angel, why do you and so many fans accept second best we all deserve better, Earny was well on the way to being top scorer last season untill the injury and is a lot younger than Cureton i just don''t think its good business, i just hope we bring in another forward and at least two other quality players with the money from Earnys sale but i will not be holding my breath!! lets hope we the fans who part with our hard earned money get what we deserve.

Smudger---------in what way do you actually support the club----what is it you actually get from calling yourself a supporter----have never read a positive remark from you---surely if NCFC has turned you into this bitter individual we see represented here would you not be better for the sake of your future stomach ulcer to turn your back, wave goodbye and go elsewhere-------there are opinions and then there is down right rudeness---excuse me while I clap like a seal !!

[quote user="Dowp End"]Smudger---------in what way do you actually support the club----what is it you actually get from calling yourself a supporter----have never read a positive remark from you---surely if NCFC has turned you into this bitter individual we see represented here would you not be better for the sake of your future stomach ulcer to turn your back, wave goodbye and go elsewhere-------there are opinions and then there is down right rudeness---excuse me while I clap like a seal !!
[/quote]

Totally right Dowp End.  The feelings of most propert supporters.

[quote user="Phatcanary9"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

City Angel, why do you and so many fans accept second best we all deserve better, Earny was well on the way to being top scorer last season untill the injury and is a lot younger than Cureton i just don''t think its good business, i just hope we bring in another forward and at least two other quality players with the money from Earnys sale but i will not be holding my breath!! lets hope we the fans who part with our hard earned money get what we deserve.

[/quote]

as jamie scored more than earny last season surely earny would have been second best! same old norwich fans,slag off a player before he gets a game and slag off the board for something they couldnt do anything against! everyone is whinging because its only 3.5m but if he didnt have that in his contract we wouldnt be having this debate at all and last season we would have had everyones fave Mr Thorne leading the line! Earny didnt want to stay and we have replaced him with the top scorer at 1/7th of the price! cureton will teach martin a hell of alot and Grant can go get his main targets!

watch earny leave derby in a years time! some players make their career out of it - neil redfearn and ashly ward spring to mind!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]If I had the girls of Norwich in my tent...........I wouldn''t need any poles![:D][;)][:P][:P][/quote]

Mello, those sort of thoughts are NOT tolerated in the city stand, I am transferring you to the River End forthwith.

[quote user="Dowp End"]Smudger---------in what way do you actually support the club----what is it you actually get from calling yourself a supporter----have never read a positive remark from you---surely if NCFC has turned you into this bitter individual we see represented here would you not be better for the sake of your future stomach ulcer to turn your back, wave goodbye and go elsewhere-------there are opinions and then there is down right rudeness---excuse me while I clap like a seal !!
[/quote]

So just because I am not a fool and I can see when I am plainly being ripped off & lied to I am not a proper supporter hey?

If that is the case I am glad that I am not classified as a proper supporter in your eyes!!!

sorry phat.i really think thats a negative post.I have no qualms about replacing earnshaw with cureton.the thing is,the lad really wants to play for us unlike earnshaw who has dumped every club he has been with.Lets not forget either he was top scorer in the championship!! at 31 he has pace and a great touch,and cost us next to nothing.I am afraid because we havnt made floods of signings yet every one has adopted a knee jerk reaction to this.grant now has more funds in place and there is 6 weeks or so until the new season,so lets not panic just yet and see what happens.

I didnt say you were not a proper supporter. I have asked you what it is you get from calling yourself one because nothing you say convinces anyone that you actually gain any pleasure whatsoever from ''supporting'' the club---On a Sat afternoon while many of us are enjoying the camraderie of the stands and admitedly some times being entertained and at other times dissapointed what are you getting out of it ? Are you sitting in a darkened room listening to the game and willing another loss so as you can post even more negative comments on here ? Or do you really want to see us do well---shouting down every decision that is taken or made and calling for the boards head without a single suggestion as to who you would have replace them and what you would like to see them do well if thats how you get your buzz thats fine--- There 20000 so called fools who see things rather differently come Sat at 3pm---I have not classified you as'' not a proper supporter'' I really to be honest struggle to know what you are !

[quote user="Dowp End"]I didnt say you were not a proper supporter. I have asked you what it is you get from calling yourself one because nothing you say convinces anyone that you actually gain any pleasure whatsoever from ''supporting'' the club---
On a Sat afternoon while many of us are enjoying the camraderie of the stands and admitedly some times being entertained and at other times dissapointed what are you getting out of it ? Are you sitting in a darkened room listening to the game and willing another loss so as you can post even more negative comments on here ? Or do you really want to see us do well---shouting down every decision that is taken or made and calling for the boards head without a single suggestion as to who you would have replace them and what you would like to see them do well if thats how you get your buzz thats fine--- There 20000 so called fools who see things rather differently come Sat at 3pm---
I have not classified you as'' not a proper supporter'' I really to be honest struggle to know what you are !
[/quote]

For the last two to three years I haven''t gained any pleasure whatsoever from being a fan of NCFC... and neither have many others I would suggest!!!

The drop in season ticket sales seems to be evidence that supports my view here.

If you never rated cureton thats your opinion,truth is his scoring record holds up where ever he has been.If he scores 20+ goals this season he will be a bargain.I also don''t see what you are slagging him off for ,what he done 10 years  is in the past ,go back to when you were young didn''t you do things you regret or are you sooooooooooooooo perfect.How about all of us looking for some positives before the season starts ,all this negitive rubbish spoils it for everyone except the people with nothing better to do and we all know who they are!

[quote user="Smudger"]

The drop in season ticket sales seems to be evidence that supports my view here.

[/quote]

19500 season ticket holders may disagree Norris

I can understand where you are coming from and at the moment it is hard to trust the messages coming out of the CR spin machine, that said ND has stated publicly and categorically that the Earnshaw money will be added to the Turners money. For me the big test now is if we actually spend the money, before the season kicks off,  strengthening the key areas of the team (strong central defender, ball winning/playing midfieilder and centre forward), if that happens then I would be quite optimistic about our prospects, if not then I think the club will be in for a very rough ride over the coming months. As for Earnshaw leaving, hardly a big surprise to me, my only beef with the deal is well documented so I wont bother saying it again.

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]

Sorry negative post coming up but replacing Earny with Cureton is like trading in your 6 bedroom house with swimming pool  for a tent, with no poles!!!! STUPID. Never rated cureton and at 31 he is a pointless signing and if he still likes to go clubing as much as he did the first time he was here than the girls of Norwich are in for a treat. I just hope that we pull out a couple of top signings next week because if we don''t then we are in for a worse season than last year. I am just so fed up with this club and the fact that we have all renewed our season tickets and then we loose our only good forward is just a big kick in the jubblys...AARRGGHH!!!!!!!

[/quote]I dont care how many clubs and pubs jamie visits if he bangs the goals in.His job is to score goals dont start preaching about his private life we have all got a right to one.

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Phatcanary9"]

[/quote]I dont care how many clubs and pubs jamie visits if he bangs the goals in.His job is to score goals dont start preaching about his private life we have all got a right to one.[/quote]

Well said I do agree with that... it doesn''t really matter what he does as long as he is breaking no laws and banging the goals in!!!