Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Martin signs contract until 2010

It makes sense.......

If he keeps his head straight he''s more or less guaranteed an automatic place in the first team here, where he''ll learn his trade, unlike at some higher profile clubs where he''s more likely to warm the bench at best. Then, when the inevitable happens, and he makes a big money move, everyone will be happy knowing that :

1) He repaid our faith in him by staying here for a while

2) He will have gained far more experience for the bigger stage

3) Last but not least, NCFC will be handsomely compensated for the loss of his services

A good decision by the player and his representatives.

This is a great piece of news well done to the club and to chris martin, this could turn out to be te best signing all summer if he really is that good only time will tell.

At last some good news!!!! We just need to hold on to Earnie now = front line sorted!!!!  

Lemme guess, smudger and cluck..Lack of ambition? Or some other ridiculous comment. come on, im awaiting. although, you may not even look at a thread which has good news..

[quote user="hogesar"]Lemme guess, smudger and cluck..Lack of ambition? Or some other ridiculous comment. come on, im awaiting. although, you may not even look at a thread which has good news..[/quote]]

oh come on, signing Martin means we are going down! conference football soon lads and ladies, look this kid can''t hit a barn door with a chain gun, earnie is just plain rubbish, we have the chuckle brothers in attack, and signing a league 1 player in ostemobor if we get him? come on lack of ambition there delia out shes only gives us 8 million (rough estimate i have no idea how much she has)  she should of given us 9 million. why don''t we all talk with our feet (on a personal side note i wish you would talk with your feet and not your hands, that way you can;t type any of the drivel you talk up) like ipswich fans have. oh yes, why don;t we all go to the blue side of the border!

smudger and cluck make me laugh... the chuckle brothers, Mr bean & twin. Dumb and Dumber. take your pick.

on a less sarcastic and non imitation front.

Signing Chris is awesome

the futures bright, the futures yellow and green!

Kudos  to Martin  for signing for over 3 years , Kudos to the board  for a shrewd move !  all that remains is for Martin  to  show he`s no flash in the pan  , I think he and Hucks can make sweet music together   in  the front line up  ,   win win situation  , definately  !  the club   will make a good profit  if Martin gets itchy feet  if the bids roll in ....

[quote user="Polar1990"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Lemme guess, smudger and cluck..Lack of ambition? Or some other ridiculous comment. come on, im awaiting. although, you may not even look at a thread which has good news..[/quote]]

oh come on, signing Martin means we are going down! conference football soon lads and ladies, look this kid can''t hit a barn door with a chain gun, earnie is just plain rubbish, we have the chuckle brothers in attack, and signing a league 1 player in ostemobor if we get him? come on lack of ambition there delia out shes only gives us 8 million (rough estimate i have no idea how much she has)  she should of given us 9 million. why don''t we all talk with our feet (on a personal side note i wish you would talk with your feet and not your hands, that way you can;t type any of the drivel you talk up) like ipswich fans have. oh yes, why don;t we all go to the blue side of the border!

smudger and cluck make me laugh... the chuckle brothers, Mr bean & twin. Dumb and Dumber. take your pick.

[/quote]

Beavis and Butt head, Wren and Stimpy, Fred and Barney.. Butch and Sundance.. the list could (and probably should) go on

jas :)

Great News

Martin hopefully will be a key player for many years to come, and fingers crosses could perform for Norwich in the premiership if we get back there at some point. Martin has alot of ability and its pleasing that a local lad has committed to us instead of shoving it in our fac eand being greedy.

Oh, and it''s alot more exciting than Shelia''s Wheel Commercial Star 2 (Eagle, number 1 is mcveigh!) signing for another year.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee, The Lone Ranger and Silver, Boss Hogg and Roscoe P Coltrane, Quagmire and Cleveland, .....

[quote user="hogesar"]Lemme guess, smudger and cluck..Lack of ambition? Or some other ridiculous comment. come on, im awaiting. although, you may not even look at a thread which has good news..[/quote]

How can it be a bad thing HOGS???

Even though Martin is still unproven we had to do all that we could to tie him to the club for the next few years allowing us the chance to see him develop.

He could be c**p and a flash in the pan but we couldn''t run the risk of not offering him a reasonable contract....  if he turn''s out to be a world beater and went elsewhere for nothing then the fans would surely of turned on those responsible for not ensuring that he stayed at City???

If he never scores for City again then he would still deserve this contract in my opinion... he has helped to ensure that we are still playing football in the Championship next season so probably in all honesty deserves a lot more than the club actually offered him.... hence why he did not sign the contract immediately.

Let''s hope that he can go on and put a £5million plus transfer value on his own head in the next few years!!!

Give him a few months and he''ll be just as crap as Henderson and his ilk.  We''ll all be wondering then why he was given a "ridiculous" three year contract and hoping he goes out on loan to Bladdershot to save the wage bill (relegation fund).

Pure panic measures only on the part of the club so that we can possibly get decent money for him when we are "forced to sell"...should he by any chance "come good".

Funny how his emergence has allowed so many to take their eye off the crap and "sick note" journeymen we bought/borrowed/rescued during the transfer window. All''s well now it seems because we''ve got a young kid who will get us up to the Prem singled handed.

Feet on the ground time ladies.  He is certainly no Ronaldo....

Id be interested - what news, exactly, would make messrs cluck and smudger actually PLEASED? How is signing the country''s hottest player in his age bracket, a bad thing? (not an exaggeration thanks to his England strike!)

Even if you cant back our board and team, back our brightest young prospect. Well done Chris - the fans will back you to perform. 

Of course he''s no Ronaldo, and of course he can''t get us promoted single handedly, only a deranged lunatic could hold that viewpoint, but on the flip side, I fail to see the reason behind the negativity.We''ve got a very promising young talent, will he make the grade - who knows?, but if we aren''t going to take the chances on giving young players like Martin their shot, what exactly would be the point of us even having a youth system? Young players are NEVER guaranteed to truly make it, there have been a shedload of players over the years who have burst onto the scene only for them to disappear just as suddenly.In my mind it''s a very positive point that we have a manager willing to give these players a chance, instead of doing as you suggest and simply signing ''journeyman'' players. And whilst we''re on this point, can you please clarify exactly who you are referring to in this manner that Grant brought in during the transfer window? Aside from Chadwick who''s had soem injury niggles, none of the other players could be described as ''sick notes'' or ''journeymen'' (Unless you class 23 year old players as such???). Marshall looked superb when he came in, Lappin has also been very solid and looked a bargain at the price we paid. Ok, maybe Fotheringham hasn''t stood out, but so what? He''s here on a free until the end of the season, all it''s costing is a bit in wages. Considering the thin squad size, giving him a chance has been more than justifiable, whether he''s done enough to earn a contract at the end of the season, we''ll have to wait and see. As for Brown, I think he''s got far more potential than he''s getting credit for, when he did play he was usually isolated, and the times he was supported, he provided some excellent link play and hold up work - exactly the role he was signed for.As for stating that in a few months he''ll be like Hendo - what are you on about? When has Hendo ever shown even a quarter the ability Martin has when given the chance? He''s been garbage at Rotherham as well, whereas Martin has been playing very well for us and scoring to boot. To compare the two is non-sensical, as purely on this season''s appearances alone, Martin has easily eclipsed anything Hendo has done for the club.In closing, if he comes good, we get a local lad who''s a great player who actually wants to play for the club, and if we''re forced to sell we get a decent fee for him, if he doesn''t make the final grade, it''s not really cost us much, especially compared to the possible opportunity cost of not taking the chance.Or we could have taken the action you seem to suggest, and not bothered at all, and then should he come good (as most people with a footballing brain believe he will), all we''d hear is crap about the board having no ambition and not signing promising players when the chance arose...

[quote user="waveneyblockc"]

Id be interested - what news, exactly, would make messrs cluck and smudger actually PLEASED? How is signing the country''s hottest player in his age bracket, a bad thing? (not an exaggeration thanks to his England strike!)

Even if you cant back our board and team, back our brightest young prospect. Well done Chris - the fans will back you to perform. 

[/quote]

Please point me to where I have said that I am not pleased in my post...

NO I THOUGHT NOT... because I didn''t say anything of the sort...

Just because I agree with Cluck on 90% of the issues regarding NCFC at the moment you do not have to feel inclined to tie me in with everything he may say.

All I stated is that Martin still has a lot to prove (I think you will find that is FACT) and that I think he is deserving of this contract for what he has done for the club over the last few weeks (regardless of how well or how badly he may perform for us in the future).

[quote user="waveneyblockc"]

[/quote]

I''d be quite pleased if the supermarkets paid the farmers a decent whack for their products....and Tesco was restricted in it''s practice of ruining small town shopping facilities.....but I guess you meant football wise?

How about DS buggering off so that if Martin is any good, he won''t automatically be sold to pay for future restaurant improvements. That would be a good start I think.

Hottest player? Don''t make me laugh. He''s ok in poor company, but put in any Premier League reserve side he wouldn''t get a look in.  I wish him well....but let''s not burden him with superstar status just yet eh?