Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Chadwick ?

Anybody else got a sense of foreboding  about the " fragility " of Chadwick ?     I mean , I know he clattered into those ad boards , but they`re not exactly made of concrete !    MOST players would have got up  and got on with it ....   but not Chaddy  ,  he`s out for weeks,   jaysus !  whats he going to come off with when he gets a heavy tackle ?   have we got a replacement for MLJ here ?  a one match wonder , and sits on his arse for a season ,

" recovering "  , I know I`ll get flak for this ,  but , lets face it ,  doesn`t look too promising   , does it ?

He was known as "Sick Note" by some Stoke fans I know at work.  Rated highly, but often injuried.

I know he''s had quite a few injury problems at his previous clubs, especially Stoke.

And I get the fragility feeling too. Not wishing to tempt fate, but I want to keep my fingers crossed each time he plays in the reserves...

To be fair, the advertising hoardings made a mess of his leg by all accounts. If you have an argument with sharp metal, there isn''t a lot you can do.

Let''s make sure he gets a couple of first team games under his belt this seasoon. Then we''ll all feel a little less nervous next [:D]

Wtf!

He didn''t "just clatter into the boards" - he gashed his knee in the process and sustained a very serious career threatening injury!

It was a dreadful tackle, which I witnessed at the Match, and at the time thought it was a very serious injury - he has done well to recover before end of this season. And perhaps it was fate that Bates, the player who commiutted the "tackle", only lasted one more match on loan at Ipswich before his season was ended by injury.  

Hmmm... why are you worrying about Chadders..he''s a city player, not a Forest signing. Suppose you want to sign him on loan until the end of the season, (injury permitting)?

That''s Robin Hood in your pic....case solved!!!!

Not sure about this, its a one off freak injury.

But on a seperate note - Chadwick has one of the weirdest running styles I have seen. He looks like that epsiode of Phoebe from Friends where she goes for a jog.

The tackle on Chadwick at Ipswich was one of the worst tackles I''ve ever seen at a football match. I don''t think it was a case of "fragility".

Chadwick, yeah. Southern softie! The fact he didnt complete his debut match at Ipswich just cos he gashed his knee open and had the bone, blood and guts sticking out. What a nonce. Surely not fit to wear the shirt. Sack him i say. Sack him!

What a rediculous post.

Here''s an idea. Why don''t you go have a collision with a sharp metal object? Maybe step out in front of a bus or something. Then see whether you are judged as a fragile sicknote......

i still think sky''s metal ad boards were a health and safety risk and the club could of perhaps got compensation from them for Chadwick.. doomcaters a brief, im sure he could of got the wheels in motion.

either way, a sickening challenge and Chadders is lucky it didnt end his career.

jas :)

Hears the thing though , IF  Chaddy  got injured by a " Sharp metal object " WTF  is such an object  doing on the touch line ?    anybody know  how these ad boards are constructed ?    its not rocket science  to work out that  players are going to crash into these things !! 

he was known as sick note at stoke because he had to travel so much and as a result was always knackered. this will not be the case at norwich and i think he will be a very good player for us 

i [quote user="sheded"]Hears the thing though , IF  Chaddy  got injured by a " Sharp metal object " WTF  is such an object  doing on the touch line ?    anybody know  how these ad boards are constructed ?    its not rocket science  to work out that  players are going to crash into these things !!  [/quote]i totally agree, i think the whole idea is stupid

in the same situation i would probably chicken out than try my hardest to cross the ball into the box while running at full pelt towards an advertising board that is 2cm away from me!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Wtf!

He didn''t "just clatter into the boards" - he gashed his knee in the process and sustained a very serious career threatening injury!

[/quote]My thoughts exactly.I seem to remember Chadwick being one of the few players commited enough to put himself about during that match too.

i think he gashed his knee right down to the bone, then got it infected, if you split the muscle that far down, it takes a long time to knit back together, espeically if there is tissue loss, as a stiched join then has to stretch back to correct size