Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

Next seasons predictions

Peter grant keeps saying he needs time to make the team his own so next season when hes had the summer to complete his rebuilding where do you think Norwich will end up at the end of next season Championship Champions? Play offs? or are we destined to be a mid table team? or even league 1 Champions?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given the finances at the club, I don''t think that one summer is enough to build a complete side. He has both to enlarge the squad, as well as removing deadwood, and to improve the squad. I doubt whether there will be money for all of these. We really do have a very small effective squad, as seen by the patched up teams we are having to put out.Even if Martin, and Spillane/Eagle, break into the team in a big way, we shall still need several to replace numbers and thus cover in most positions. I think that we shall still be looking at loanees.

I like the way grant is turning the team around.  I expect a play-off push next year *****IF***** we are still in this division.

I doubt the board will give him the funds to really challenge for top 2 but I don''t think 6th would be beyond us.

Trouble is I think we''re in REAL releagtion trouble.  I expect it to go to the last game.  I think the board have their heads firmly in the sand and we should be looking for 1,2 or even 3 decent quality loans NOW while our tiny squad is so depleted.

If we go down we won''t even make the play-offs in league 1 as the cost cutting will be so severe.  I wouldn''t even rule out administration and the 10 point penalty.

why do you assume we will be in this division? the way we are going we could well be going into league 1, and if that happens who knows what the future will bring.

It will be many years before we get to challenge again , we have 2 players at this club who are good enough one is ageing and the other will leave asap when he gets back to full fitness .

Both Grant and our Board want Norwich out of this division, and so, at present they may get their wish.

"If" (please note my choice not to use the word "when") we sadly get relegated into league 1 we may follow that up with promotion back to here again, and in gaining the promotion then the Board will be pleased that Grant was indeed the right man to get this club promoted.

If, and I am sure that we will be, in this league then we will have the 3 from the Prem down, West Sham, Watford and a n other. The gap is becoming very wide for us in this division let alone achieve the Prem. I expect mid table mediocrity.

Top 10. Definitely not top 2 and play-offs is dependant on many factors that could go either way, especially injuries.

We will be in the top six of this division at least next season - get this season out of the way and let Grant work in the transfer window over the summer and then we will be away.  Mark my words next season will be completely different to this and many doom mongers will be eating their words.  Of course I can''t prove it just a feeling I have got.

[quote user="Smudger"]About the same position as we are now... only a league lower!!![/quote]

Do you honestly believe that Smudger or do you just say things for effect? Your record with predictions is not very impressive, I remember you were quite certain we would lose to Tamworth!

if we go down we will come straight back up!

if we are in the championship i will go for 12th.. and the rebuilding to continue under Grant

jas :)

I think we''ll just about manage to get into the play-offs, only just though. All depends on the domination of other teams as well I suppose.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Smudger"]About the same position as we are now... only a league lower!!![/quote]

Do you honestly believe that Smudger or do you just say things for effect? Your record with predictions is not very impressive, I remember you were quite certain we would lose to Tamworth!

[/quote]

A bit of both probably Nutty...

I honestly believe that we will struggle if (and note the IF there) we do go down this year... that is the only part of my quote above that even I am a little uncertain about...

Make no mistake about it though, if we do go down I for one can''t see us bouncing back immediately and would be mid-table at best or struggling at the other end of the table yet again.