Sign in to follow this  
geo374

New coach

The Aberdeen Evening Express has a small article today stating that former Dundee manager Jim Duffy has been appointed coaching chief at Norwich City.

I Have seen the same story mentioned elsewhere. I think it would be a positive appointment but I wonder who Duffy will replace? IMO, I think it would build even more confidence in PG if he were to replace one of the previous era appointees.

He starts work today. It is unclear what his title will be as only "vacancy" is Webbs job.

watch for a Livermore sideways shuffle

This is fantastic news, someone with a bit of experience joining the set up. He will no doubt replace Dougie as PG''s assistant, who I have heard is retiring at the end of this season.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]This is fantastic news, someone with a bit of experience joining the set up. He will no doubt replace Dougie as PG''s assistant, who I have heard is retiring at the end of this season.[/quote] How on earth will we manage without Doug and all the hard work he does behind the scenes? I wonder if Duffy''s role will be shrouded in similar mistery?

[quote user="ob1"]

Great move by Grant!

In being a new manager, the best thing he can do is surround himself with experience.

[/quote]

I agree, but when PG took the job he was told that the backroom staff had to stay as is. With Webb going an opportunity has arrisen for PG

[quote user="baldyboy"]why does this story not appear on the pink un website? is it confirmed by city or not?[/quote]

Well it''s on the official site so it''s most definitely confirmed

And Gunny on the coaching staff ish as well. We are Scotland in disguise.

Does leave Hunter as the only non Haggis lover out of the 4?

Lets hope that they can install fresh thinking and a little less theory and a bit more bite.

Scottish football is at least on the rise.

English football, while having a high initial position is ver much in decline.

Let''s be a part of the Scottish renaissance.