Sign in to follow this  
WilliamG

Some thoughts i would like to share with the fine posters on t'pinkun

Hi guys (girls) I just wondered if i am alone in any of the opinions i am about to express on certain players:Peter Thorne : Give the guy a break . Yes, he hasn''t got the legs of Darren Huckerby, but where was Iwan Roberts pace? This guy has a very creditable record at Championship level. Have you seen him play 5-6 games for Norwich consecutivly, so he can be match sharp and alert and show us what he''s made of? Only the very best strikers can come on with 20 minutes to go and change games. Matthieu Louis - Jean: How unlucky, but why criticise him? He has played ?Twice? for Norwich then got injured. Because he has injury problems, does NOT make him a bad player mearly an unlucky one. Perhaps it is best for the man if he moves on and has better luck elsewhere, but he certainly doesn''t deserve the abuse he gets on this boardAndy Hughes: I''m not a massive Andy Hughes fan. But he''s not Raymond De Waard, or any other glorious misfits we''ve had. He is always commited, doesn''t let his head drop and isn''t afraid to get stuck in. Every team needs these players, 11 Darren Huckerbys would for sure get us relegated.Jurgen Colin : Another one who has frequently had negative connotations thrust upon him... but he''s getting better. He improves wiht most games, and this is surly what we should be asking of a player. Dickson Etuhu: A massive bloke (literally.) but also a confidence  player.  If he''s on a role with the crowd behind him he could be immense . But booing him  will get us nowhere, only send him on a downward spiral which could so easily be avoidedNow some ''general'' comments.- Has anyone else noticed how many of our players are afraid to shoot? Is this down to the fans, with whom one bad shot can lead to a player getting booed. This was particuarly evident in the 2nd half last night (wolves) when D.E. has several opportunities on the edge of the box which he was reluctant to take, from a not to disimiliar position to Colchester. Confidence? Fear of negative reactions ?? - Congratulations to David Marshall on being familiar with the concept of ''throwing'' the ball outI''m sure this post will get bashed because i am ''content with the club'' ''am happy for it to fail'' etc but my message is this. If we suggest these people are failures, that is probably what they will become. call a kid at school thick and they often turn into ''the thick one''So lets pull together, whatever happens in the next four hours transfer wise, and push this club away from the relegation zone, with support to make others (yellow and) green with envy.

Saddam Hussein: Yes the guy had his problems: murdering family, fighting crippling wars against neighbours; using chemical warfare against civilians to name but a few. But he did have a really impressive moustache and so many people admired him they wanted to be just like him, apparently he had many impersonators.

Jade Goody: is it suddenly a crime to be thick? Give the girl a chance, it''s not her fault she has made millions out of being a chav queen and at least she has put Bermondsey back on the map.

Ronald McDonald: some people think he''s just a clown but beneath all that greasepaint there is a real human being. Alright, he is a comic figurehead for a multi-national food chain accused by some of environmental abuses and a significant contribution to obesity but try to see it from his point of view and have you ever heard a bad word from him?

Come on everyone......feel the lurve!

I feel you have made some good points but you fail in others. Thorne does not scrap like Iwan. Iwan was not the most skillful but he had drive of which Thorne lacks. Colin is a good player like you stated, but if you haven''t been on here recently you are telling people that already agree with you. He was put down last year but on here he nearly always gets high marks in peoples match reports now. Agree with some of the lack of confidence comments, eg scared to shoot. however, you are never going to stop any football ground groaning about a bad shot. If arsenal were 1 nil down they would groan if henry spooned a shot i''m sure. This is where they have to be professional footballers and believe in themselves. Listening to the crowd during the game will only end in disarster.

how the hell can you compare thorne to iwan? at least iwan scored goals. even in his first season which was his worst he scored SEVEN, thorne has managed a whopping TWO in TWO years, enough to scare any defence, NOT!!! get a grip man!

Thorne is well past his best and was not a good replacement for Svensson.

Louis Jean is a poor player. He was awful in the 2 games he played for us and he wasn''t great at Forest - I can remember Eadie skinning him to such a degree that he didn''t play for Forest again for nearly a year.

Colin - the majority of fans have acknowledged his improvement this year. Lets be honest, he is the only player who has improved this year!

Etuhu does have some talent but to often he completely disappears from games and for such a sizeable fellow he gets brushed off the ball too easily and loses too many 50/50 challenges.

I would agree that everyone should be pulling in the same direction but it is very hard to support a bunch of players who so often can''t be bothered and who are under-performing so badly. It is also difficult to support our Prudence and no ambition board - we are rapidly going down the toilet and our manager has been given £600K to spend in the window!!

WELL DONE BUTCHP...I think the confidence thing is bang on, just as some of us are narrow minded for not rubbishing the board there are plenty that are narrow minded ignoring the confidence thing. Any player getting booed none stop surrounded by 24,000 people IS NOT GONNA PLAY WELL. A coincidence the most hated players i.e Etuhu that did play well at the start of the season aren''t doing as well now? I think not.....

I think you made a lot of good points, you will inevitably get negative comments but well done for trying.

Typical response from those that love to find failure at Carrow Road.

I think there are a lot of good points here.

Any suggestions that Collin is no good at all have been kicked out of here a while back now, its quite obvious for the last couple of months that he has probably been our most consistant defender this season.

MLJ - as you suggested has been incredibly unlucky, along the same lines as Zema Abbey really. It is very harsh to criticise a player when they have hardly kicked a ball in anger for your club due to injury and lets face it most players get injuries this days and those that don''t are the lucky ones.

I am not sure about Thorne though. I don''t think he ever had the support of the fans but at the same time I have never been convinced that he is anything more than average. He is not as good as Dublin and yet he is about 5-6 years younger. Sure he may score around 15 goals a season but then that was when Cardiff were not promotion contenders. I think he is more of a holding striker but not nessisarily what we need at the moment.

Etuhu is a victim of his own ability, he was anything BUT welcomed here at the time as he was one of Worthingtons last signings and people wanted him to fail to prove that Worthington was no longer up to it. I feel sorry for the lad because when he has that confidence boy does he shrug other players off the ball - he does have the quality and as much if not more than the player he was brought in to replace in Francis.

utter disgrace to compare peter ''10k'' thorne with the legend that is iwan roberts shame on you,for one iwan could win a header and hold the ball up.no doubt thorne would get better with a run of games but he gets injured easily and we need a goal scorer now.

fair points about marshall and colin though!

Only replying to the Peter Thorne comment here.I will never give Thorne a break as i want Norwich City to win football matches. No offence to the guy, he''s a honest player, but he''s simply not good enough anymore and should be put down like an old racing horse, tho typically just released on a free, not shot in the head in a field.

If a kid at school is called thick, it usually is because they are thick. 11 Darren Huckerbys and we might be a little bit more like Arsenal. Not such a bad thing if you ask me.

[quote user="ButchP"]Hi guys (girls)

I just wondered if i am alone in any of the opinions i am about to express on certain players:

Peter Thorne : Give the guy a break . Yes, he hasn''t got the legs of Darren Huckerby, but where was Iwan Roberts pace? This guy has a very creditable record at Championship level. Have you seen him play 5-6 games for Norwich consecutivly, so he can be match sharp and alert and show us what he''s made of? Only the very best strikers can come on with 20 minutes to go and change games.

Matthieu Louis - Jean: How unlucky, but why criticise him? He has played ?Twice? for Norwich then got injured. Because he has injury problems, does NOT make him a bad player mearly an unlucky one. Perhaps it is best for the man if he moves on and has better luck elsewhere, but he certainly doesn''t deserve the abuse he gets on this board

Andy Hughes: I''m not a massive Andy Hughes fan. But he''s not Raymond De Waard, or any other glorious misfits we''ve had. He is always commited, doesn''t let his head drop and isn''t afraid to get stuck in. Every team needs these players, 11 Darren Huckerbys would for sure get us relegated.

Jurgen Colin : Another one who has frequently had negative connotations thrust upon him... but he''s getting better. He improves wiht most games, and this is surly what we should be asking of a player.

Dickson Etuhu: A massive bloke (literally.) but also a confidence  player.  If he''s on a role with the crowd behind him he could be immense . But booing him  will get us nowhere, only send him on a downward spiral which could so easily be avoided

Now some ''general'' comments.

- Has anyone else noticed how many of our players are afraid to shoot? Is this down to the fans, with whom one bad shot can lead to a player getting booed. This was particuarly evident in the 2nd half last night (wolves) when D.E. has several opportunities on the edge of the box which he was reluctant to take, from a not to disimiliar position to Colchester. Confidence? Fear of negative reactions ??

- Congratulations to David Marshall on being familiar with the concept of ''throwing'' the ball out

I''m sure this post will get bashed because i am ''content with the club'' ''am happy for it to fail'' etc but my message is this. If we suggest these people are failures, that is probably what they will become. call a kid at school thick and they often turn into ''the thick one''

So lets pull together, whatever happens in the next four hours transfer wise, and push this club away from the relegation zone, with support to make others (yellow and) green with envy.
[/quote]

Well no one else will so I will stick up for you.

Thorne certainly is an enigma but I agree he needs a run of games. How many has he played in the past two years and what wass his scoring record before that?

.......and the fairies skipped on to never-never land where Queen Delialala had a nice big cherry pie waiting in the oven.......

Bilge.........