Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

SACK THE BOARD!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]THERE,..........I FEEL MUCH BETTER FOR THAT. [:@][/quote]

I''m tempted.........but I think I leave it to you to take the s**t this time Mello.......[:)]

For the last 18 months the Board were able to hide behind Worthy''s ineptitude.  Since has gone we''ve been able to see how badly they have taken their eye of the ball. 

Imo barring a miracle in January I think supporters are going to become increasingly vocal in their criticism of the Board.

There is an opportunity in January for the Board to show their metal and back the manager with more than Luke Chadwick.

Apart from various Celtic misfits I see no indicators of who will be coming to CR. I know that the Board have adopted a stealth approach in the past to transfer dealings for fear of upping the price or losing the player to another club but we are inept in every part of the field at the moment so I would have thought that there would have been more whispers so far.

What would "sacking the board2 achieve - where are the other investors coming from?

Having today run out of people to blame for Saturdays shambles Grant shpuld now shut up and concentrate on building his own team..........................starting next week. 

I believe Sam Hammam has got a few quid stashed away now after almost taking Cardiff into receivership. Perhaps we should consider a few mercenary owners - might win us some short term success.

I called for this two years ago, most of you rubbished me and laughed. I should be more grenerous to you though, after all, I''m a future seeing wizard with amazing physic abilities....................................whereas you, clearly are not!

[quote user="greenTshirt"]I believe Sam Hammam has got a few quid stashed away now after almost taking Cardiff into receivership. Perhaps we should consider a few mercenary owners - might win us some short term success.
[/quote]

Perish the thought, short term success over prolonged long term failure which as we all know is the corner stone of  ‘Prudence With Incompetence’

Keep the faith and more importantly keep the money on a balance sheet somebody owns over 57% of

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I called for this two years ago, most of you rubbished me and laughed. I should be more grenerous to you though, after all, I''m a future seeing wizard with amazing physic abilities....................................whereas you, clearly are not!

[/quote]

Agreed Wiz, I''ve also always felt this way - it seems some, though, refuse to see what''s in front of them - the facts - and just continue to show blind faith.

A year ago I never thought I could say this, but this season is 10 times worse than the last one. And it''s not going to get any better either...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Milan Manderic anyone??  [Y][/quote]

That would be nice......[Y]

I''ve a feeling though that if we dive badly at Tamworth, DS and her Cronies will begin to seek a face saving way out. A strategic withdrawal would be her tactical choice, as being hounded out....a la NW would destroy her carefully sculpted celebrity image.....and we can''t have that can we?

Worthington must be laughing up his sleeve by now I reckon........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Milan Manderic anyone??  [Y][/quote]

Doomcaster''s Response to the Mandaric idea....

I have changed my personal e:mail address that I originally sent the message from to sacktheboard@hotmail.co.uk which I also own too...

I will ring ''Mr D'' later this week to get his informed expert opinion...

thanks for your email Mark

the issues you raise are complex ones and best discussed on the phone  -  please call me this week on 01603 218 707 (i am in all week) and i would be happy to discuss the situation with you

in the meantime however, a couple of points:

1. any current shareholder selling shares would benefit them, not the Club

2. why is it do you think that Milan is interested in these clubs.  Is it because he is a Leicester or Wolves fan?  Or is it because he thinks he can make money out of buying them, and if so how? Do you see buying shares in a Championship football club as an ''investment''?

3. you criticise the decision to appoint Peter Grant, and then suggest that Dave Stringer should be more involved.  However, Dave Stringer was heavily involved in the recruitment process

4. how many other boards of football clubs have any more experience of football than our Board?

i look forward to discussing your email with you

Neil

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20 December 2006 15:04
To: Neil Doncaster
Subject: Fresh investment for the NCFC Board

Dear Mr Doncaster,

In recent seasons the standard of football on view at Carrow Road and lack of investment in the playing squad has become of major concern to the vast majority of Norwich fans.

In light of the recent annual report and the fact that parachute payments will cease at the end of the current season, it points to the fact that again NCFC are going to be struggling on a commercial basis over the coming seasons.  This fact is compounded by the fact of the extremely light nature of our playing squad in terms of numbers and quality.

I am sure many fans and the current board of directors are looking towards the new manager to turn things around in the January transfer window?

However, the local media, ex-professionals and large numbers of fans have expressed grave doubts over whether the finances required to build a squad strong enough to compete at this level can be achieved without selling our prize asset in the current squad, namely Robert Earnshaw.  Many also feel that by selling Robert we could be pulled in to a relegation dogfight and even go down.

Unless a drastic improvement is brought about in the coming months there is a fear over attendances and season ticket sales plummeting through the floor.

This will then place even more pressure on the board and the manager to work within more constrained financial targets.

I do not know if you are aware of the recent questioning of the boards ability by vast numbers of supporters? 

It seems that the nature of the board choosing to back Nigel Worthington to the hilt despite a large number of fans asking for him to be replaced for anything up to a year has not worked out in the boards favour.  Large numbers of fans question whether his replacement (Peter Grant) is any more capable of turning things around, especially when cash for new signings seems to be so tight.

In light of this I would like to ask if members of the board have considered the option of putting any of their shares up for sale?

As I see it the club desperately needs new blood on the board.  We drastically need somebody with a large financial backing to invest in team strengthening & development of the stadium, and somebody with football knowledge (such as Dave Stringer as director of football).

I request that as the first step in achieving this the board contacts Milan Mandaric who is currently looking to invest heavily in a new club!

With his recent £25million offer to take control of Leicester City looking to have hit the ropes Mr Mandaric has now turned his attention to

Wolverhampton Wanderers with talk of a £20million offer likely to be put on the table.

May I ask what kind of share Mr Mandaric could buy in Norwich City Football Club for a £20million to £25million fee and how this could be used to move the club forwards to a position where it can once again entertain it’s public challenging at the right end of the Championship or even higher?

If the suggestions above are not seen as a feasible option then the other supporters and I need to know why this is the case.  We also need to know what other alternatives we have in place to stop the rot that has set in to this club over the past two or three years continuing to destroy us.

The club has been really underachieving for a couple of seasons or so now and this is something that needs to be acted upon swiftly for the board to avoid more embarrassment in the coming months.

I look forward to receiving your response to my questions.

Regards,

Mark Smith

Nice work Smudger.......keep pushing and some truth might come out of it eventually........[Y]

Keep us informed!